YODA Event Changes! : Comments Megathread.

Replies

• Options
    tRRRey wrote: »
    BWSkynobi wrote: »
    Youpi they changed it.
    I m not going to delete this game finally
    Ebi wrote: »
    You get a Yoda, and you get a Yoda, everyone gets a Yoda!!

Just awful.

This is called communism

Actually it's democracy. A majority of the population wanted a change it happened.

Communism would be if the money the whales spent on the game to gear and level up was evenly distributed to everyone.

Democracy my butt. There was no vote. How can you say the majority wanted a change?

A 400 page thread.

So you think that's the majority of players? Or didn't you notice that most of the posts were complaints and needy requests? I'm sure you've heard of the term "vocal minority", that thread personified that.

Be my guest to go through and count how each person that posted would have voted.

Or make your own poll.
  • tRRRey
    2782 posts Member
    Options
    trashcanus wrote: »
    It is not nerfed, it's just back to what it used to be when protection wasn't there.

Too bad this isn't true. Try reading the developer updates.

I did, several times.
    Maybe I don't understand what I'm reading, I guess.

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/39229/grand-master-yoda-event-info-5-12-2016#latest

An obvious lie by Jesse now that everyone can see the level and gear of enemies
    https://swgoh.gg/u/trey 66/
    Make Zader Great Again!
  • JSnow54
    176 posts Member
    Options
    Berimbolo wrote: »
    Do or do not, there is no cry
    +1

+2
  • Options

:D:D:D

• tRRRey
    2782 posts Member
    Options
    Youpi they changed it.

Just awful.

This is called communism

Actually it's democracy. A majority of the population wanted a change it happened.

Communism would be if the money the whales spent on the game to gear and level up was evenly distributed to everyone.

Democracy my butt. There was no vote. How can you say the majority wanted a change?

A 400 page thread.

So you think that's the majority of players? Or didn't you notice that most of the posts were complaints and needy requests? I'm sure you've heard of the term "vocal minority", that thread personified that.

Be my guest to go through and count how each person that posted would have voted.

Or make your own poll.

That's now how it works. You made the claim that it was a democratic decision now back it up with some proof or admit that you're wrong.
    https://swgoh.gg/u/trey 66/
    Make Zader Great Again!
  • trashcanus
    66 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    It is not nerfed, it's just back to what it used to be when protection wasn't there.

I did, several times.

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/39229/grand-master-yoda-event-info-5-12-2016#latest

You're making my day.
    I created my account only to complain, I admit, but I really think what I stated in my first post in this thread, and so other people.
  • Xhowrude
    228 posts Member
    Options
    So what you're saying is, I wasted 10 hours yesterday grinding and grinding and bleeding my eyes out instead of waiting for the nerf that's coming today? Man the lack of communication between devs and players in goh is insane. Maybe you should compensate the players that took the time to get him yesterday before handing out yoda to everyone.
  • Xhowrude
    228 posts Member
    Options

:D:D:D

Yoda is in all caps, you should change that don't you think?
  • Options
    Thank god i was on try 279 and hadnt gotten anywhere
  • Ebi
    59 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Yodas! Get your free Yodas here! For today only, get a special helping of entitlement on the house! Yodas! Get ur free Yodas during the Grand Master giveaway event! Specials for whiners only! Get ur free Yodas before they're gone!
  • Options

I did, several times.

An obvious lie by Jesse now that everyone can see the level and gear of enemies

Believe what you wish. If you don't trust the devs in the posted thread, how do you know that he isn't lying about changing Yoda's stats? They could just patch the icon/health bars to show they did something.
  • Options
    Will people please stop banging on about barris or Ashoka being needed. I have neither and beat this usually taking yoda down to 50% on most all try's. My max Jedi was 70-72 3 gear 8 2 at gear 9. Resetting to get easier adds and playing the usual rng ai, just like every other match in game. Why all the whining over rng? It plays a part, so what, that is how the game is built. There was still a ton of strategy on the fight with regard to countering his timing and specials given his leadership ability. Yes it was hard but doable. Moaning about certain Jedi being better is poor when yodas strengths and weakness have been known for awhile now so planning on your squad was accessible for everyone. All I can see is people moaning they couldn't automclaim him for simply having 5 7star Jedi. Do you moan your not leader in arena for simply having maxed characters? Sad and unwelcome to now see the reward for a good challenge now become boring commonplace.
  • Options
    Youpi they changed it.

Just awful.

This is called communism

A 400 page thread.

Or make your own poll.

That's now how it works. You made the claim that it was a democratic decision now back it up with some proof or admit that you're wrong.

Make me.
  • Options
    So many people crying about other people crying.
  • Options
    @Alexone nobody is feeling superior to others, or bragging, or whatever your messed up brain wants to call it. We are saying it's unfair that whiners get their way, when it isn't even necessary to do what they want. "Patience you must have". You don't expect to unlock yoda on the first try like you will be able to now. Those of us who have farmed the right characters, and put the time in to earn 7* yoda will be so disappointed. It shows extreme weakness within CG/EA to even consider changing the event, let alone even carrying it out.
  • Options
    Yadda_123 wrote: »
    So many people crying about other people crying.

A crying inception?
  • Options
    I worked hard to beat the Yoda T6 Event.
    I failed multiple times using different leads and combinations. I saved up 46 Purple Ability Mats in anticipation of beating the event and using them on Yoda. No matter what I did, I could not beat the event. I had:
    QGJ 7* Maxed abilities + Omega Basic Gear VIII Maxed

Lumi 7* Maxed Abilities + Furnace for Gear IX Maxed

JC 7* All Level 6 Abilities Gear VIII Maxed

Ahsoka Tano 6* Level 3 & 4 Abilities Gear VIII Maxed

Eeth Koth 6* Level 3 Abilities Gear VIII Maxed

All of these characters were level 72 to level 77 and I could not beat it....but I was determined so just what did I do? I dumped 46 Purple Ability Mats into Eeth Koth to max his abilities at 7s, including his lead that gives all allies +60 Defense.....THIS WORKED!!!

I saved those ability mats for a week so I could use them on Yoda once I got him. Now the event is getting a GIANT NERF?!

I am proud that I beat the Yoda T6 Event Before the nerf.....BUT NOW I WANT MY 46 PURPLE ABILITY MATS back! Give them back to me so I can use them on my Yoda!

Please do NOT combine this with the massive Nerf Yoda Event threads. This a totally different issue!

@EA_Jesse @CG_JohnSalera
  • Options
    I'm trying for 6* with Lumi lead, QGJ, JC, Koth and Mace but it isn't going well. I got him down to 20% once. do i ignore the guards?
  • darkside
    287 posts Member
    Options
    Jajajajajajajajajaja
  • Options
    Alexone wrote: »
    Alexone wrote: »
    Just saying whiners...if Jedis were real, they would shake their heads at you whiners for your lack of patience and for searching for the easy and faster way. You would fail your trials, the same way you failed before the nerf.

You understand this event is pure 100% RNG or no? Waiting for Barris and hoping things go your way have nothing to do with skill here. It's a horrible event and i hope tomorrow we will al forget about this and keep enjoying the game.

I understand that I didn't beat yoda with bariss nor did I have bariss on my team nor have a paid a single cent into this game. Instead I farmed QGJ and Ahsoka for months and months until I hard them at 7 stars. Then, on my third yoda event, I beat levels VI and VII as the developers originally intended for yoda to be beaten. So you can make RNG excuses all day long. The final result is the same. You complained about something being too hard, and it got nerfed for u so that you wouldn't cry. Enjoy your free yoda.

There's a 40 something page thread on dodge. RNG should have NO BUSINESS in a skill game!

What skill? You press an icon on the screen. This isn't a skill. Without RNG, it would just be pound based on power. No dodge and no crit. How would you design the fighting system?
  • Options
    This is what happens when you give a mouse a cookie.
  • Options
    Lol whine whine this is gonna be merged
  • gobears21
    1265 posts Member
    Options
    DiscoSlice wrote: »
    I'm trying for 6* with Lumi lead, QGJ, JC, Koth and Mace but it isn't going well. I got him down to 20% once. do i ignore the guards?

I killed the guards and won then beating yoda... lot of people kill yoda and ignore the gaurds....

whatever you do, don't buff your squad unless yoda has already just stolen a buff....
  • Options

I did it yesterday with this team minus QGJ add Ahsoka. I took out the guards first, and timed my Lumi heals to after yoda stole power ups. I was surprised when I won because I was just getting crushed most of the time

• Gloin
    27 posts Member
    Options
    I appreciate EA listening to its consumers, however if I am able to obtain 7* Yoda after the update it will not come with a sense of achievement. Yoda was beatable as many people proved, but I could not beat him after many, many hours due to the Jedi I had chosen to farm. Many players had lower level, lower gear, and lower squad power than my team, but they had either Barriss or QGJ (most likely both). I have neither of those characters. (Lumi, Ahsoka, Mace, EK, JC)

Yoda was not too difficult, but the imbalance amongst Jedi was laughable. I was excited to beat him with an unconventional team, but this did not prove possible without one of two characters. With 14 Jedi the combinations could have been endless, but rather it was reserved for a select few.
  • Options
    Hey has yoda been nerfed yet i keep playing and he still has the power of god
  • Options
    Dude, your name will be hailed on the forums for years to come. That alone is worth over 45 purple mats!
  • Options
    I just broker 300 tries
  • Options
    gobears21 wrote: »

I killed the guards and won then beating yoda... lot of people kill yoda and ignore the gaurds....

whatever you do, don't buff your squad unless yoda has already just stolen a buff....

Actually, after about 250 tries, I found that Lumi's heal ability was a complete liability no matter when you use it. Even if you heal right after Yoda uses Masterstroke, he has such a high turn meter that your heal effect will still be on a few of your characters by the time he uses Masterstroke again.
  • Options
    Pff, completed it before the changes after 6-7 painful hours and I wasn't proud of my "achievement" one bit because it was not an achievement, it was a crap shoot, pure luck.

Changes were needed as long as it's now not too easy.