The Galactic Empire Players Discussion

Replies

• Nebulous
    1476 posts Member
    Options
    They should have made Viper Probe Droid. Empire and Droid synergy.

I'd like to see that as a playable toon.
  • Aero
    2972 posts Member
    Options
    I love those things! If R2D2 is a character I'll take the probe droid!
  • Options
    So without RG the empire may not be as good.
    My RG is 53 G7 5*
    I cannot defeat the last 2 guys on level 8 in tier 2 of Ewoks.

80 G10 7* Tarkin
    75 G9 5* Vader
    74 G9 7* Snowtrooper
    75 G8 7* Magma
    73 G8 6* Stormtrooper

If I farm my butt off I can have Stormtrooper(38 Stun Guns) to G9 OR Vader(34 detonators) to G10 by end of the week.

My first thought was to get Vader to 78 to Omega force crush for slow.
    Then Gear up Storm or Vader
    Continue to boots levels with all cash available.

But Holy buckets, Stormtrooper literally has no protection and no Health. For a tank is is weak. I can't imaging taking him to 80 will change much of that.

I seem to have better success targeting the Elder first, and Chirpa second, but Elder and his never ending string of revives is brutal. I focus on all adds first as they hit really really hard as compared to the bosses. So there are times where 3 turn cycles go and I am only taking down adds.

Any suggestions?

The only other option I have is to farm 86 to Gear 8 and bump him from 54 to 70s. But his health is even lower than stormtrooper.

Set Vader as your lead - you need that offense boost for Tarkin. Maxed out, he will hit between 9.9k-14k. Don't use any AoE from 5-7 - save them for 8 if at all possible. Those tiers go too quick and you won't have them cooled down, especially Vader. Pick away at scouts and warriors whenever they're revived - then focus back on Elder then Chirpa. If you can ability block both with Snow+Vader, obviously do that. If you can ability block both, use your next turn using event power. Also try using culling blade on scouts or warriors - that will give Vader an extra turn.

Some of these might help, but RG is pretty key to finish tier 2
  • Aero
    2972 posts Member
    Options
    I've actually been beating tier 2 without the Elder Reviving anyone
  • Nebulous
    1476 posts Member
    Options
    Aero wrote: »

I think he/it could be a really awesome support toon.

A basic that adds slow on a crit.

An aoe special that has moderate damage and removes stealth.

2 uniques: 1 is an empire attribute buff, the more empire, the more/variety the skill adds and something about his auto-destruct. I havnt quite figured how I'd want it to work.
  • Options
    Set Vader as your lead - you need that offense boost for Tarkin. Maxed out, he will hit between 9.9k-14k. Don't use any AoE from 5-7 - save them for 8 if at all possible. Those tiers go too quick and you won't have them cooled down, especially Vader. Pick away at scouts and warriors whenever they're revived - then focus back on Elder then Chirpa. If you can ability block both with Snow+Vader, obviously do that. If you can ability block both, use your next turn using event power. Also try using culling blade on scouts or warriors - that will give Vader an extra turn.

I have tried it with both Vader and Tarkin Lead. I use culling blade to whack a revived scount and allow vader to have another turn. I have the strategy down, i always take out the adds first when they respawn. I don't use Tarkins offense down because it's a waste of turn. I use my AOE when multiple revives occur. I am close, I just can't get past the last 2.
    I have only been using Event Power when I need to heal guys, is it worth wasting turns to give guys defense?

And seriously even in an all empire team Stormtrooper is soooo weak.
  • Options

I have tried it with both Vader and Tarkin Lead. I use culling blade to whack a revived scount and allow vader to have another turn. I have the strategy down, i always take out the adds first when they respawn. I don't use Tarkins offense down because it's a waste of turn. I use my AOE when multiple revives occur. I am close, I just can't get past the last 2.
    I have only been using Event Power when I need to heal guys, is it worth wasting turns to give guys defense?

And seriously even in an all empire team Stormtrooper is soooo weak.

It's not that he's weak - he just dies so quickly. He has decent offense, and without RG, his taunt could help a lot if used properly.

I think the defense from the event power could really help in your case. other than that, I'm out of ideas :/
  • Aero
    2972 posts Member
    Options
    So I was thinking, what if CG shook up Arena via new achievements. And put big characters behind them.

Win 50 Arena matches with 5 empire characters: 80 Emperor shards
    Win 100 Arena matches: 65 Emperor shards
    Win 150 Arena matches: 85 Emperor shards
    Win 200 Arena matches: 100 Emperor shards

And similar for other factions. Rebels could get Luke, Nightsisters could get Mother Talzin, Jedi get Jedi Knight Kenobi, and so on.

Maybe not Arena, but maybe a new game mode specifically designed for full faction vs faction battles!

Probably would need different rewards though, too many high profile characters at once.
  • Options
    So I was thinking, what if CG shook up Arena via new achievements. And put big characters behind them.

And similar for other factions. Rebels could get Luke, Nightsisters could get Mother Talzin, Jedi get Jedi Knight Kenobi, and so on.

Maybe not Arena, but maybe a new game mode specifically designed for full faction vs faction battles!

Probably would need different rewards though, too many high profile characters at once.

You need to post this in the arena feedback section. This is a great idea. Not only would it get out some of the same old meta teams, it would allow people to decide who they wanted to farm. It would be acheiveable(albeit in time) by everyone. Nobody would be able to just plow through it too quickly. The Arena would be filled with all sorts of cool teams. Awesome idea.

+Infinity
  • Nebulous
    1476 posts Member
    Options

This is a really good idea. They could do a different game mode and offer all the toons at the same time. But it would have to be gated to slow progress.

Put the decision into the players hand on who to go after first. Deciding the length to acquire would be a challenging part. It will ensure that decision requires weighing the pros and cons before heading down that path.
  • Options
    Nebulous wrote: »

I think he/it could be a really awesome support toon.

A basic that adds slow on a crit.

An aoe special that has moderate damage and removes stealth.

2 uniques: 1 is an empire attribute buff, the more empire, the more/variety the skill adds and something about his auto-destruct. I havnt quite figured how I'd want it to work.

I'm on it

Basic:Calculated attack:deal physical damage to target enemy and inflict speed down on crit, with a 20 percent chance to gain speed up for 3 turns

Special:Scan Pulse:Remove stealth from all enemies and gain offense up for 2 turns and expose the target enemy

Unique:imperial technology:for each imperial ally, probe droid gains 5 percent crit chance, and 5 percent offense for each droid ally

Unique:self-destruct:when probe droid is defeated, deal physical damage to all enemies with a 25 percent chance to inflict dot,speed down, offense down.(similar to hk's special)
    BECAUSE I'M BATMAN - me
  • Nebulous
    1476 posts Member
    Options
    The self-destruct is exactly how I want it to behave when he does explode, aoe with punishing debuffs.

Unless he hits really hard, he'd be left for last. Similar to obi. I don't want his self-destruct to be on command because I could see AI using it at the worst possible time. I was thinking punish aoe or multi attacks. Something like 2-3 hits and he explodes or X amount of turns. Something a little more challenging to play around.

I do like the other skills though. Not sure if I want probe droid getting the faction buffs or if be is the one who grants it to the team. If he/it gave it team wide, he may be a target while standing and the opponent would need to decided to attack him and face the aoe bomb or continue to let him buff the whole squad.
  • Aero
    2972 posts Member
    Options
    Did we always have access to the Emperor's PVE kit?

https://swgoh.gg/characters/pve/emperor-palpatine/
  • Options

Never even looked
  • Ronoaldo
    739 posts Member
    Options

Interesting... Seems to be an "old" description of the unit, because they say "moderate chance", and the likes. I recall from a dev comment that they initially attempted to create very generalized descriptions to help translations, so seems to be they left the PvE descriptions ingame unchanged when releasing.

Hopefully, a playable unit would have a better kit; that one seems good but 5 turn cool-down is too much for force-lightning.
    My favorite characters Empire - Sith
  • Ronoaldo
    739 posts Member
    Options
    I just got a Nubian Design Tech Mk 6 from raid today. Should I save it up to use on Empire? Not sure who needs them, if any. If this info is accurate, Veers need two of them, right https://swgoh.gg/db/gear/126/mk-6-nubian-design-tech/?

I'm tempted to start gearing him slowly until I get his remaining shards.
  • Aero
    2972 posts Member
    Options
    Ronoaldo wrote: »
    I just got a Nubian Design Tech Mk 6 from raid today. Should I save it up to use on Empire? Not sure who needs them, if any. If this info is accurate, Veers need two of them, right https://swgoh.gg/db/gear/126/mk-6-nubian-design-tech/?

I'm tempted to start gearing him slowly until I get his remaining shards.

Veers needs 3. One to get to gear 10 and 2 in preparation for gear 11 next cap raise. I'd definitely save it for him, I love my Veers.

Alternatively, Stormtrooper needs one to get to Gear 10.
  • Aero
    2972 posts Member
    Options

Interesting... Seems to be an "old" description of the unit, because they say "moderate chance", and the likes. I recall from a dev comment that they initially attempted to create very generalized descriptions to help translations, so seems to be they left the PvE descriptions ingame unchanged when releasing.

Hopefully, a playable unit would have a better kit; that one seems good but 5 turn cool-down is too much for force-lightning.

It does seem pretty lackluster. But if he has Rey level speed plus Tarkin lead and with that basic 5 turns could go by very fast.
  • Ronoaldo
    739 posts Member
    Options
    And, now I officially joined the party with my Empire team in arena: https://swgoh.gg/u/ronoaldo/
  • Aero
    2972 posts Member
    Options
    And, now I officially joined the party with my Empire team in arena: https://swgoh.gg/u/ronoaldo/

https://youtu.be/T3phscjgc_A
  • Options

Welcome to the club!
  • Ronoaldo
    739 posts Member
    Options

https://youtu.be/T3phscjgc_A

LOL

Free falling for sure! I failed miserably in the first battle, by the way. Let's see how far I get until tomorrow.
  • Lisker
    69 posts Member
    Options
    @Ronoaldo Welcome to the Empire, you won't regret it! I wish Darth Sidious wasn't trash for arena, as I would love to run a execute order 66 arena team for fun. Anakin (L), or Darth Sidious (L), Royal Guard, Rex, 5's. I know rex and 5's didn't convert, this is more what if for fun.
  • Aero
    2972 posts Member
    Options
    Lisker wrote: »
    @Ronoaldo Welcome to the Empire, you won't regret it! I wish Darth Sidious wasn't trash for arena, as I would love to run a execute order 66 arena team for fun. Anakin (L), or Darth Sidious (L), Royal Guard, Rex, 5's. I know rex and 5's didn't convert, this is more what if for fun.

Not only didn't 5s execute order 66, he uncovered it!
  • Ronoaldo
    739 posts Member
    Options
    Super happy! Just won my first arena fight with the Empire team! Reclaimed the #22 rank against Guildus team: HK(L), IG-88, IG-86, RG and Daka. HK was G8, all the others G10! TM reduction from Tarking and Magma worked all the time :smiley: and Vader killed three with Culling Blade! The best match ever! So sad I did not recorded :disappointed:
  • 1AmYourFath3r
    3103 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    Super happy! Just won my first arena fight with the Empire team! Reclaimed the #22 rank against Guildus team: HK(L), IG-88, IG-86, RG and Daka. HK was G8, all the others G10! TM reduction from Tarking and Magma worked all the time :smiley: and Vader killed three with Culling Blade! The best match ever! So sad I did not recorded :disappointed:

Congrats! Way to represent the Empire!
  • Options
    Your topic is cool.
  • Ronoaldo
    739 posts Member
    Options
    The Galactic Empire in Galactic War! It is a slightly long video, but I added some cinematic sound track to make it less boring :smile: - Also, looking for feedback in strategies.

https://youtu.be/pnLGf_B_zyA

Could get longer, but was a bit late and I was tired. Did some missteps in the final fight, could beat that one if used better strategy, and if didn't let Tarkin die against the Jedi team on node 7.
  • Aero
    2972 posts Member
    Options
    I'm not in WiFi so can't watch the video now, but I also tried Empire in GW and got through 10 nodes before needing to swap.