Precraft gear gap has only worsened as time goes on

Replies

• Riggin12
    129 posts Member
    Options
    Hangfire wrote: »
    OK, I precrafted 4 Droid Callers, but I have bought 8 furnaces. Are we sure this isn't more of a ptp problem. Did those 4 Droid Callers really throw me that far out ahead. There are gear X and XI equipment that are bottlenecking everyone right now.

I have 5-6 major current meta characters at g8 due to the lack of callers. It is a huge disadvantage for competing in arena and raids.
  • C3POwn
    507 posts Member
    Options
    IMO they should remove the RNG from raid rewards. You should be able to choose the 2 types of gear received. The amount you receive would still depend on your ranking but at least that way you would always get something you need. Getting a few pieces of Droid Caller salvage 1 time after 18 raids is just insane.
  • Riggin12
    129 posts Member
    Options
    The gap you are seeing is from guild hopping.

We are definitely seeing this on my arena shard. People's guild designation shifts for a period.
  • Asavanor
    197 posts Member
    Options
    Riggin12 wrote: »
    Hangfire wrote: »
    OK, I precrafted 4 Droid Callers, but I have bought 8 furnaces. Are we sure this isn't more of a ptp problem. Did those 4 Droid Callers really throw me that far out ahead. There are gear X and XI equipment that are bottlenecking everyone right now.

I have 5-6 major current meta characters at g8 due to the lack of callers. It is a huge disadvantage for competing in arena and raids.

This. QGJ and RG to name two of the most prominent. Stuck at gear 8 because I can't get a droid caller that I could have easily crafted before the patch had I been better forewarned.
  • Boba_The_Fetter
    3393 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    As a F2P who in the eyes of the developers doesnt matter, and i know my opinion is of little to no importance, I would like to see droid callers put in the shipments and the rate both precraft show up slightly higher. Since the gears been added ive gotten 0 furnaces.

I check the shop EVERY SIX HOURS.
    100% the chance it shows up is related to the amount of crystals you have.

Spending that much crystals is enough of a challenge for the average player as it is we shouldnt be gate blocked
  • Options
    Toukai wrote: »
    How many heroics have you done? Most of my guild has gotten 3-5 full drops plus crafted another 3-5.

If you aren't doing heroics, don't expect end game gear without doing end game content.

(Bad)RNG is RNG. We have people in our guild who have yet to receive any droid callers or droid caller salvage. Sitting at 200 furnace salvage. And yes we do heroic.

Yup. I had to purchase my furnaces using guild currency. I dont spend on shards.

Even after getting QGJ to g9, i am 10/50 more furnaces and we do t6 almost every other day.

Gonna say this is an actual issue that is seriously terrible. If you dont have a supreme heroic guild, you CANNOT progress. Guilds shouldnt be a brickwall for people who want to play solo.

I agree. I want to play "solo"
    I was in a competitive guild, but left it because they would start and finish the raid while I was working out! Forget that! So I started my own guild with my son, and daughter. We have about 8 members and still haven't finished even one raid. You can guess what this will do to my game. I am floating around 80 in the arena. The guilds and the gear to go with them are the worst part of this game
  • Options
    I'm in a guild that does raids almost every day. I have successfully crafter like 1 furnace and 0 droid caller?

I try to buy every shipment that I come across. But they cost crystals so often real money. For an F2Per that can be a real problem.

The issue is when you break top 20 you're up against peeps with full teams of G10s. I have full G9 teams but even that isn't good enough. G10 Rey can OHKO your tackiest G9 toon.

I'm not competitive. But that power gap extends to GW too. And it's actually worse because you need to fight Rey what, 8 times a day with no protection?

This pre crafting situation is really messed up. It ruins the experience for pretty much everyone except whales and people who spend their hours on the game every day.
  • Asavanor
    197 posts Member
    Options
    Toukai wrote: »
    How many heroics have you done? Most of my guild has gotten 3-5 full drops plus crafted another 3-5.

If you aren't doing heroics, don't expect end game gear without doing end game content.

(Bad)RNG is RNG. We have people in our guild who have yet to receive any droid callers or droid caller salvage. Sitting at 200 furnace salvage. And yes we do heroic.

Yup. I had to purchase my furnaces using guild currency. I dont spend on shards.

Even after getting QGJ to g9, i am 10/50 more furnaces and we do t6 almost every other day.

Gonna say this is an actual issue that is seriously terrible. If you dont have a supreme heroic guild, you CANNOT progress. Guilds shouldnt be a brickwall for people who want to play solo.

I agree. I want to play "solo"
    I was in a competitive guild, but left it because they would start and finish the raid while I was working out! Forget that! So I started my own guild with my son, and daughter. We have about 8 members and still haven't finished even one raid. You can guess what this will do to my game. I am floating around 80 in the arena. The guilds and the gear to go with them are the worst part of this game

Agreed. The raid system is a joke even if you are actively involved.
  • MBL_66
    2465 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    I precrafted only two droid callers and one disk. Almost all of my progress with my toons has been from buying furnaces and heroic raids.

One solution for players that are still stuck in t6 raids would be to lower prices at the guild shop. At this point if I had saved all my guild currency I wouldn't even have enough for two full gears, only 28k~ lifetime raid coins earned.

But really I don't think anyone should complain about raid drops until they get to heroic, so many full gears drop it's a joke and you can get them from any ranking. Plus just for participating you get rewards on par with top 10 of t6.
  • Greg1920
    1777 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    LeoRavus wrote: »
    Greg1920 wrote: »
    It's raid gear now, not precraft gear. Get in a guild that does heroic. If you are not then your lack of gear is your own fault.

Plus furnaces are easy to get too. Any top 50 player should have been able to get 1 with crystal savings.

We've done 17 T6 raids and 4 Heroic, ranking 8-15 each time. Still not getting the gear I need.

That's beside the point. The point is precrafters are already so far ahead. And this is supposed to be addressed, hence the thread.

You have done 4 raids while others have done 20. This means you are falling further behind. I precrafted two droid callers. I now have two uninstalled droid callers in surplus bought 4 furnaces with arena winnings, crafted 3 scanners and 1 Nubian tech.

So I had 2 precraft pieces and 10 gotten through other means. Precrafting isn't the problem it was when gear ix RG had 9000 extra HP
  • LeoRavus
    1165 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    It's raid gear now, not precraft gear. Get in a guild that does heroic. If you are not then your lack of gear is your own fault.

Plus furnaces are easy to get too. Any top 50 player should have been able to get 1 with crystal savings.

We've done 17 T6 raids and 4 Heroic, ranking 8-15 each time. Still not getting the gear I need.

That's beside the point. The point is precrafters are already so far ahead. And this is supposed to be addressed, hence the thread.

You have done 4 raids while others have done 20. This means you are falling further behind. I precrafted two droid callers. I now have two uninstalled droid callers in surplus bought 4 furnaces with arena winnings, crafted 3 scanners and 1 Nubian tech.

So I had 2 precraft pieces and 10 gotten through other means. Precrafting isn't the problem it was when gear ix RG had 9000 extra HP

I've done 21 raids if you read that again. 21 raids and ZERO droid callers. I'm not alone here so don't act like this isn't an issue.

And precrafting remains a problem when precrafters have full teams at gear 10 and 11 and it's not all from raids. They were gear 9 on my shard before raids even began.
  • MBL_66
    2465 posts Member
    Options

I've done 21 raids if you read that again. 21 raids and ZERO droid callers. I'm not alone here so don't act like this isn't an issue.

After 21 raids you should have enough guild currency to buy from the shop
  • Asavanor
    197 posts Member
    Options
    I precrafted only two droid callers and one disk. Almost all of my progress with my toons has been from buying furnaces and heroic raids.

One solution for players that are still stuck in t6 raids would be to lower prices at the guild shop. At this point if I had saved all my guild currency I wouldn't even have enough for two full gears, only 28k~ lifetime raid coins earned.

But really I don't think anyone should complain about raid drops until they get to heroic, so many full gears drop it's a joke and you can get them from any ranking. Plus just for participating you get rewards on par with top 10 of t6.

Again the problem with this argument is I would already be more prepared to do tier 7 raids if I had pre crafted droid callers. Pre crafting is still a major issue for this reason.
  • Greg1920
    1777 posts Member
    Options

And precrafting remains a problem when precrafters have full teams at gear 10 and 11 and it's not all from raids. They were gear 9 on my shard before raids even began.

You have done 4 real raids that offer reasonable rates of gear return whereas the people you are competing with have done 20 heroics.

The tier 6 rewards are terrible so I don't really count them. My point is that precrafters who are 10/11 would still be 10/11 because people who have done heroic raids for a month have gotten 5-6 gear pieces plus all the furnaces they buy. They are gearing up B teams now with raid gear, not arena teams.

You should be getting about 4k in guild coins a week so you should have been able to buy one full piece just from the coins.
  • Riggin12
    129 posts Member
    Options
    Riggin12 wrote: »
    We've been doing heroic since the first week, and I have received no droid callers or salvage. Several people in my guild are in a similar situation. Changing the recipe gave older players who were able to pre craft a significant advantage over newer players. I view this as a poor design decision.

If you have done 20 raids, the chance of not getting any caller salvages is about 0.3%. I call shenanigans.

If you are a developer, I'm sure that you are aware of drop rates and that you can probably look at my account to confirm raid numbers and that I do not have even half of the salvage needed to make a single droid caller. However, if you are not, please enlighten the rest of us regarding the specific drop rates for heroic raids. Regardless, "shenanigans" is probably more aptly used for people attempting to exploit the system rather than those disadvantaged by it.
  • Asavanor
    197 posts Member
    Options

Sure it is. My RG and QGJ are stuck at gear 8 because I didn't pre craft any droid callers. Again good on you that you did. But it doesn't change the fact that the devs made a huge blunder and half of us are still paying dearly for it.

You only crafted two. Well that means you will always be two gear pieces ahead no matter what.
  • MBL_66
    2465 posts Member
    Options
    Asavanor wrote: »

Again the problem with this argument is I would already be more prepared to do tier 7 raids if I had pre crafted droid callers. Pre crafting is still a major issue for this reason.

If you really think three pre crafted items really don't make a huge difference in raids...
  • Asavanor
    197 posts Member
    Options

If you really think three pre crafted items really don't make a huge difference in raids...

I'm saying they do make a difference. 9k more protection for RG...
  • MBL_66
    2465 posts Member
    Options

I'm saying they do make a difference. 9k more protection for RG...

I don't even use my RG in my top two raid teams.
  • Asavanor
    197 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    I imagine you use QGJ. He is a heck of lot more sturdy at tier 9.
    Post edited by ShaolinPunk on
  • MBL_66
    2465 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    I imagine you use QGJ. He is a heck of lot more sturdy at tier 9.

Yea but he's real use in raids is TM reduction which you won't get until gear 10/11 with scanners which didn't have
    Post edited by ShaolinPunk on
  • LeoRavus
    1165 posts Member
    Options

You have done 4 real raids that offer reasonable rates of gear return whereas the people you are competing with have done 20 heroics.

The tier 6 rewards are terrible so I don't really count them. My point is that precrafters who are 10/11 would still be 10/11 because people who have done heroic raids for a month have gotten 5-6 gear pieces plus all the furnaces they buy. They are gearing up B teams now with raid gear, not arena teams.

You should be getting about 4k in guild coins a week so you should have been able to buy one full piece just from the coins.

So basically you're saying anyone who isn't able to do heroic isn't doing real raids, and don't deserve to have what the precrafters had two months ago? It should only be available to those who have huge rosters and can easily fit into a guild that does heroic only? AKA whales?

If you're downplaying the issue you're trolling hard. Everyone sees the issue, even the developers.

• Asavanor
    197 posts Member
    Options

So basically you're saying anyone who isn't able to do heroic isn't doing real raids, and don't deserve to have what the precrafters had two months ago? It should only be available to those who have huge rosters and can easily fit into a guild that does heroic only? AKA whales?

If you're downplaying the issue you're trolling hard. Everyone sees the issue, even the developers.

Agree 100%
  • MBL_66
    2465 posts Member
    Options

He never said you don't deserve anything you're putting in words in his mouth. But yes to be fair no one deserves anything. I agree that people who aren't doing heroic raids really shouldn't complain about the rewards because they're not doing the highest tier and shouldn't expect the highest reward. You don't have to be a whale to do heroic raids, we have plenty of f2p and low spenders in my guild. You really should just work on having 15-20 7* toons and you'll be able to participate in heroic raids just fine.
  • Asavanor
    197 posts Member
    Options
    This thread isn't really about raid rewards. It's about being hoodwinked out of droid callers since the requirements were altered mid game. It wouldn't have been an issue if the pieces didn't already exist but they did. No honest business changes its product after it had already been advertised as one thing. Chevy sold you a Corvette for 40k then two weeks later wants me to pay 2 million for the same car.
  • LeoRavus
    1165 posts Member
    Options

He never said you don't deserve anything you're putting in words in his mouth. But yes to be fair no one deserves anything. I agree that people who aren't doing heroic raids really shouldn't complain about the rewards because they're not doing the highest tier and shouldn't expect the highest reward. You don't have to be a whale to do heroic raids, we have plenty of f2p and low spenders in my guild. You really should just work on having 15-20 7* toons and you'll be able to participate in heroic raids just fine.

I'm talking in general, not just me. We do heroic fine. This is about the player base as a whole.

The majority of players aren't able to do heroic, and guilds that do heroic only often have strict guidelines for membership that they can't meet. I was lucky since our guild didn't start with any specific requirements but we were able to do it.

• Asavanor
    197 posts Member
    Options
    And some people like to play with friends who aren't as high level yet. Again that's not the issue. The issue is gear that used to be farmable for next to nothing is now locked behind the highest raid wall.
  • MBL_66
    2465 posts Member
    Options
    This thread isn't really about raid rewards. It's about being hoodwinked out of droid callers since the requirements were altered mid game. It wouldn't have been an issue if the pieces didn't already exist but they did. No honest business changes its product after it had already been advertised as one thing. Chevy sold you a Corvette for 40k then two weeks later wants me to pay 2 million for the same car.

I agree that changing the requirement was wrong, it upset me very much too.
  • Naugrin
    686 posts Member
    Options
    Don't let BlowinLoadz fool ya...he has been the luckiest RNG bff ever lol. I've done all the raids he has and have yet to get a full gear drop lol. That being said I HAVE gotten a caller through salvage that I will use but wasn't desperate for. Scanners are my bottleneck.
  • LeoRavus
    1165 posts Member
    Options
    Naugrin wrote: »
    Don't let BlowinLoadz fool ya...he has been the luckiest RNG bff ever lol. I've done all the raids he has and have yet to get a full gear drop lol. That being said I HAVE gotten a caller through salvage that I will use but wasn't desperate for. Scanners are my bottleneck.

I've gotten one full raid gear drop after 21 raids and it was a furnace. Something we don't even need raids to get. And after 21 raids I've gotten enough salvage to craft only one piece of raid gear. A piece I don't need for anyone in my arena team.

If they want to at least attempt to level the arena playing field we should be able to choose which raid salvage we get. This is like farming for gear in LS/DS nodes and getting random gear.