Precraft gear gap has only worsened as time goes on

Replies

• Asavanor
    197 posts Member
    Options

I'll believe that when I see the results.
  • Asavanor
    197 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Toukai wrote: »
    Tycho wrote: »
    I know... everyone should get 50 free furnaces, 50 free droid callers. Perfect ending to a disgusting story. Thanks for making it so EA.

@Tycho
    Joking or not, yea.. They really just need to put an end to it by actually showing they messed up by purposely destroying half their player base.

Honestly, no one would freaking complain if they just FIXED G8 TIERS!

Like, we arnt even asking for g9 gear. We just want the gear required to REACH g9. It wouldnt be such anissue then.

So true. I had tons of material to craft droid callers prior to the patch but didn't bother because I hadn't reached the required level. It's mind boggling that they felt the need to change existing gear. How hard to simply add a new tier.
    Post edited by ShaolinPunk on
  • LeoRavus
    1165 posts Member
    Options
    Asavanor wrote: »
    I know... everyone should get 50 free furnaces, 50 free droid callers. Perfect ending to a disgusting story. Thanks for making it so EA.

@Tycho
    Joking or not, yea.. They really just need to put an end to it by actually showing they messed up by purposely destroying half their player base.

Like, we arnt even asking for g9 gear. We just want the ****ing gear required to REACH g9. It wouldnt be such a ****ing issue then.

So true. I had tons of material to craft droid callers prior to the patch but didn't bother because I hadn't reached the required level. It's mind boggling that they felt the need to change existing gear. How hard to simply add a new tier.

Anyone with half a brain would have done that in the name of fair play; made the raid gear requirements for gear levels no one could obtain yet. The 'unknown' gears.

It makes me think they created this gap on purpose. EA/CG are big corporations; I doubt they'd accidentally do this. If someone has a big advantage the little fish will have to use more crystals to refresh in an attempt to gain rank. It's the only thing I can come up with.

Another reason why I'll not refresh the arena the way things are currently.
  • ioniancat21
    2091 posts Member
    Options
    I don't see them fixing this because it's profitable in a game like this. Impulse control is clearly weak when it comes to people who usually like these types of games I'd imagine. The goal is to get you frustrated enough to go buy 5 to 10 crystal vaults so you can maybe unlock a few pieces of gear for maybe 1-2 of your characters depending on RNG.

EA and CG are banking on the success of this, the only way to prove them wrong is to stop buying.....
  • Options
    Agree with the OP.

The gap is widening more and more. That has been going for a couple of months, and the only update we get from the devs is "we are discussing the issue". Well, I hope they really address it satisfactorily, but so far I'm skeptical. And the more time that passes, the gap is wider and the problem bigger.

To those who precraft: I'm not blaming you, but the poor decisions taken from the devs. And also, not everybody have been able to precraft. many did not have the level to get those resources. So when we reached the level we found a wall.

I'm not asking the devs to punish precrafters, but find a way to allow the community to lessen the gap. There are plenty of proposal in numerous posts/threads. Just take action soon, please.
  • ShaolinPunk
    3486 posts Moderator
    Options
    Hard to imagine it not being profitable, but here's to hoping they can bring some prices down or ease the farming of the salvages required.
    **Please tag me (@ShaolinPunk) if you need assistance.** My Collection. . My Poll.. Ally Code: 332-622-913 Discord: shaolin_punk#2107
  • Asavanor
    197 posts Member
    Options
    If only everyone would boycott their ridiculous money grabs. Sadly this will never happen.
  • Toukai
    1822 posts Member
    Options
    I don't see them fixing this because it's profitable in a game like this. Impulse control is clearly weak when it comes to people who usually like these types of games I'd imagine. The goal is to get you frustrated enough to go buy 5 to 10 crystal vaults so you can maybe unlock a few pieces of gear for maybe 1-2 of your characters depending on RNG.

EA and CG are banking on the success of this, the only way to prove them wrong is to stop buying.....

Yup. I am a firm believer in quality business practices. EA released a survey asking what would cause me to spend money on mobile games.

Pretty much everything not related to EA/CG:
    1. Fair business practices (current thread example)
    2. Reasonable prices (1.99 for a 1* character, add a dollar per *. You spend $8 for a 7*, i would easily blow my cash for a bigger roster). Instead, have fun paying $15 bucks to get a character to gear 4-5. That's just downright extortion.
    3. Remove gambling. Why would I spend money on something I am not guaranteed to get? The fact that this is the top way games make money now-a-days is absolutely mind boggling. It really makes me have zero faith in humanity.

I could probably name more, but why waste the effort when they clearly wont waste the effort in doing good business
  • LeoRavus
    1165 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Options

The thing is no amount of money can be thrown at the game to advance gear levels aside from furnaces whenever they show in shipments. I don't see how this wall is profiting them aside from maybe people using crystals for extra arena battles. People with full gear 10 and 11 teams don't have to refresh a thing since they sit comfortably at the top and they earn enough crystals to sustain themselves.
  • Asavanor
    197 posts Member
    Options

Yup. I am a firm believer in quality business practices. EA released a survey asking what would cause me to spend money on mobile games.

Pretty much everything not related to EA/CG:
    1. Fair business practices (current thread example)
    2. Reasonable prices (1.99 for a 1* character, add a dollar per *. You spend $8 for a 7*, i would easily blow my cash for a bigger roster). Instead, have fun paying $15 bucks to get a character to gear 4-5. That's just downright extortion.
    3. Remove gambling. Why would I spend money on something I am not guaranteed to get? The fact that this is the top way games make money now-a-days is absolutely mind boggling. It really makes me have zero faith in humanity.

I could probably name more, but why waste the effort when they clearly wont waste the effort in doing good business

+1000

I would personally spend a lot more on this game if the prices were more reasonable.
  • marydare
    117 posts Member
    Options
    From last week's community update: "Pre-crafted gear – this is a very hot topic still and the team is aware of it. Please stay tuned as we hope to have more to share on this next week."

Since it's Friday, I assume the update on this is coming today, if at all? @EA_Jesse, perhaps you could let us know if we should still stay tuned, or if you aren't prepared to address this yet. Many thanks!
  • Asavanor
    197 posts Member
    Options
    LeoRavus wrote: »

The thing is no amount of money can be thrown at the game to advance gear levels aside from furnaces whenever they show in shipments. I don't see how this wall is profiting them aside from maybe people using crystals for extra arena battles. People with full gear 10 and 11 teams don't have to refresh a thing since they sit comfortably at the top and they earn enough crystals to sustain themselves.

Another good point.
  • Options
    yeah it looks like they are sidestepping the issue again with jesse being on vacation
  • LeoRavus
    1165 posts Member
    Options
    heroeskage wrote: »
    yeah it looks like they are sidestepping the issue again with jesse being on vacation

He's not the only one who posts here. It would be lame to use that as an excuse.
  • Greg1920
    1777 posts Member
    Options
    It's raid gear now, not precraft gear. Get in a guild that does heroic. If you are not then your lack of gear is your own fault.

Plus furnaces are easy to get too. Any top 50 player should have been able to get 1 with crystal savings.
  • LeoRavus
    1165 posts Member
    Options
    Greg1920 wrote: »
    It's raid gear now, not precraft gear. Get in a guild that does heroic. If you are not then your lack of gear is your own fault.

Plus furnaces are easy to get too. Any top 50 player should have been able to get 1 with crystal savings.

We've done 17 T6 raids and 4 Heroic, ranking 8-15 each time. Still not getting the gear I need.

That's beside the point. The point is precrafters are already so far ahead. And this is supposed to be addressed, hence the thread.

• Smithie
    1427 posts Member
    Options
    It is a major problem in the arena. On my shard you can't even break the top 15 without being on gear X and XI. The top is filled with precrafters and whales who are only moving further ahead while the rest of us wait it out.

@EA_Jesse @CG_JohnSalera is this going to be addressed today? The complaints are only getting louder. Something really has to be done for the good of the game.

Your sure they are precrafters or just guys that have done raids and your complaining over whales.

There is nothing wrong with the arena
  • Options
    Greg1920 wrote: »

We've done 17 T6 raids and 4 Heroic, ranking 8-15 each time. Still not getting the gear I need.

That's beside the point. The point is precrafters are already so far ahead. And this is supposed to be addressed, hence the thread.

The T6 raids are worthless. Placing 50th in heroic is better than a top T6 finish.

In about 15 heroics I've gotten 4 full pieces and 300 salvage.

I have gear in can't use yet because the bottleneck is farmable stun cuffs.
  • Smithie
    1427 posts Member
    Options

@Tycho

Like, we arnt even asking for g9 gear. We just want the ****ing gear required to REACH g9. It wouldnt be such a ****ing issue then.

Loads of people to to buy furnaces to get to Gear 9 and farm in raids so it will never happens as they payers keep the game going
  • LeoRavus
    1165 posts Member
    Options
    Smithie wrote: »
    It is a major problem in the arena. On my shard you can't even break the top 15 without being on gear X and XI. The top is filled with precrafters and whales who are only moving further ahead while the rest of us wait it out.

@EA_Jesse @CG_JohnSalera is this going to be addressed today? The complaints are only getting louder. Something really has to be done for the good of the game.

Your sure they are precrafters or just guys that have done raids and your complaining over whales.

There is nothing wrong with the arena

Being the same people were hanging out in the top 10 before raids even began with gear 9 characters that now need raid gear, yeah, I'm sure it's precrafters. Now they're on 10 and 11.

• Asavanor
    197 posts Member
    Options
    The ability to spam heroic raids is also more easy for those who pre crafted and were already tier 9 when raiding began. Now they are light years ahead.

I have nothing against those who pre crafted. They were smart. The problem was the developers causing the gap that has now only widened.
  • Asavanor
    197 posts Member
    Options
    Another week goes by and nothing changes. Let the gap widen further.
  • Riggin12
    129 posts Member
    Options
    We've been doing heroic since the first week, and I have received no droid callers or salvage. Several people in my guild are in a similar situation. Changing the recipe gave older players who were able to pre craft a significant advantage over newer players. I view this as a poor design decision.
  • Options
    They made it that way for a reason. It's pay to win the whales can buy the furnaces to equip while those that can't, can't. It's that simple I remember reading in one of the post they didn't know what they was going to about the precrafting but from where I set they can't do anything. No real way to know did it now with the raids.
    The only thing they could do is give ever one 1 or 2 free Droid callers but then that would just help those that precrafted better gear for toons they couldn't precraft
  • Options
    Riggin12 wrote: »
    We've been doing heroic since the first week, and I have received no droid callers or salvage. Several people in my guild are in a similar situation. Changing the recipe gave older players who were able to pre craft a significant advantage over newer players. I view this as a poor design decision.

If you have done 20 raids, the chance of not getting any caller salvages is about 0.3%. I call shenanigans.
  • Hangfire
    497 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    OK, I precrafted 4 Droid Callers, but I have bought 8 furnaces. Are we sure this isn't more of a ptp problem. Did those 4 Droid Callers really throw me that far out ahead. There are gear X and XI equipment that are bottlenecking everyone right now.
  • LeoRavus
    1165 posts Member
    Options
    Riggin12 wrote: »

If you have done 20 raids, the chance of not getting any caller salvages is about 0.3%. I call shenanigans.

A lot of people have been saying the same thing. I've done 21 raids and only got 1 drop of droid caller salvage.

Either some people are really unlucky or the drop rates on droid caller stuff is lower than everything else.
  • LeoRavus
    1165 posts Member
    Options
    TommySitt wrote: »
    Someone may have written this before, and I may have missed it, but pre-crafting and the gear change is 100% working as intended. CG gave that 48 hr notice, some people loaded up, and those that missed the message but found out about it later are inclined to buy the furnaces and callers to compete with the pre-crafters. That was an excellent ploy on their part, I'll give them that.

Edit: That's why it was only a 48 hr window, just enough time for some players to pre-craft, but not enough time for a lot of players to do it, so that those who missed it would need to pay $$$ or fall behind.

You can't buy droid callers. Only furnaces and some don't take furnaces to get to 9, 10, and 11. But yes it was driven by money and it broke the game for a lot of people. I hope they can do something to fix it.
  • Options
    The gap you are seeing is from guild hopping.