Precraft gear gap has only worsened as time goes on

Replies

• slickdealer
    1801 posts Member
    Options
    LeoRavus wrote: »
    Naugrin wrote: »
    Don't let BlowinLoadz fool ya...he has been the luckiest RNG bff ever lol. I've done all the raids he has and have yet to get a full gear drop lol. That being said I HAVE gotten a caller through salvage that I will use but wasn't desperate for. Scanners are my bottleneck.

I've gotten one full raid gear drop after 21 raids and it was a furnace. Something we don't even need raids to get. And after 21 raids I've gotten enough salvage to craft only one piece of raid gear. A piece I don't need for anyone in my arena team.

If they want to at least attempt to level the arena playing field we should be able to choose which raid salvage we get. This is like farming for gear in LS/DS nodes and getting random gear.

No, you have done 4 raids.

The gear drop chance between T6 and T7 is huge. After 20 or so heroics I have almost 10 pieces. Almost getting a piece every other raid on average between guild currency, salvages, and full drops.

Gear is fine in this game.
  • Hangfire
    497 posts Member
    Options
    Riggin12 wrote: »
    Hangfire wrote: »
    OK, I precrafted 4 Droid Callers, but I have bought 8 furnaces. Are we sure this isn't more of a ptp problem. Did those 4 Droid Callers really throw me that far out ahead. There are gear X and XI equipment that are bottlenecking everyone right now.

I have 5-6 major current meta characters at g8 due to the lack of callers. It is a huge disadvantage for competing in arena and raids.

Yeah, I see what you mean, the damage is done, is there even a fix to this that would be fair at this point?
  • Riggin12
    129 posts Member
    Options
    OK, I precrafted 4 Droid Callers, but I have bought 8 furnaces. Are we sure this isn't more of a ptp problem. Did those 4 Droid Callers really throw me that far out ahead. There are gear X and XI equipment that are bottlenecking everyone right now.

I have 5-6 major current meta characters at g8 due to the lack of callers. It is a huge disadvantage for competing in arena and raids.

Yeah, I see what you mean, the damage is done, is there even a fix to this that would be fair at this point?

You are right, I don't know how to fix the damage. However, they could make the precraftable gear available in the regular shipments for crystals like the furnace. That would provide revenue and help with the huge current imbalance. It is not a perfect fix for f2p, but I know several generally f2p players who are willing to buy a couple of droid callers.
  • hhooo
    656 posts Member
    Options
    Don't let BlowinLoadz fool ya...he has been the luckiest RNG bff ever lol. I've done all the raids he has and have yet to get a full gear drop lol. That being said I HAVE gotten a caller through salvage that I will use but wasn't desperate for. Scanners are my bottleneck.

I've gotten one full raid gear drop after 21 raids and it was a furnace. Something we don't even need raids to get. And after 21 raids I've gotten enough salvage to craft only one piece of raid gear. A piece I don't need for anyone in my arena team.

If they want to at least attempt to level the arena playing field we should be able to choose which raid salvage we get. This is like farming for gear in LS/DS nodes and getting random gear.

The gear drop chance between T6 and T7 is huge. After 20 or so heroics I have almost 10 pieces. Almost getting a piece every other raid on average between guild currency, salvages, and full drops.

Having to have heroic on farm to begin to attain anything past gear 8 is not fine, since you need whales and people who are already past gear 8 to have heroic on farm. Self compounding gear gaps are not fine.

The solution to pre crafting is to heavily increase (and equalize!) rewards outside of heroic. Heroic should be about the Han shards, not about being the only place to get a piece of gear in less than two months.
  • slickdealer
    1801 posts Member
    Options
    hhooo wrote: »

Having to have heroic on farm to begin to attain anything past gear 8 is not fine, since you need whales and people who are already past gear 8 to have heroic on farm. Self compounding gear gaps are not fine.

The solution to pre crafting is to heavily increase (and equalize!) rewards outside of heroic. Heroic should be about the Han shards, not about being the only place to get a piece of gear in less than two months.

Heroic would no longer be special. What if World of Warcraft gave heroic raid gear out for doing easy quests? No sense of achievement.

• LordRath
    1032 posts Member
    Options

Curious, what did you spend your guild currency on?
  • hhooo
    656 posts Member
    Options

Heroic would no longer be special. What if World of Warcraft gave heroic raid gear out for doing easy quests? No sense of achievement.

World of warcraft never let a small percentage of the population get heroic gear without ever doing raids at all before pulling a bait and switch on everyone else. This is the solution to pre crafting I'm talking about, not how raids should be if EA had not made ridiculous terrible decisions and waited months to even admit them.

• Palanthian
    1262 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Options

So honest question, how did you get raid ready for heroic so fast? I don't believe you started at tier 6 because I know how long it takes to gear up just one toon past 8 doing that.

How did you get a full roster of gear 9+ toons for heroic?

This chicken and egg scenario is what the majority of us are struggling with, maybe we can follow your lead?
  • LordRath
    1032 posts Member
    Options
    Palanthian wrote: »

So honest question, how did you get raid ready for heroic so fast? I don't believe you started at tier 6 because I know how long it takes to gear up just one toon past 8 doing that.

How did you get a full roster of gear 9+ toons for heroic?

This chicken and egg scenario is what the majority of us are struggling with, maybe we can follow your lead?

Tier 7 doesn't take a full roster, requires 2 squads. There are 12 characters that only require furnaces, which can be bought, if you use your saved crystals. All this helps. Use all your guild currency for gear salvage, instead of more characters. All of this helps. I'm not saying this is all inclusive, but the things I list help a lot, if you honestly are looking for some help.
  • Jakkal
    66 posts Member
    Options
    It is a major problem in the arena. On my shard you can't even break the top 15 without being on gear X and XI. The top is filled with precrafters and whales who are only moving further ahead while the rest of us wait it out.

@EA_Jesse @CG_JohnSalera is this going to be addressed today? The complaints are only getting louder. Something really has to be done for the good of the game.

+1000
  • DarthGozu
    283 posts Member
    Options
    How many heroics have you done? Most of my guild has gotten 3-5 full drops plus crafted another 3-5.

If you aren't doing heroics, don't expect end game gear without doing end game content.

If you can read then I suggest you open the raid description tab and read that Heroic is intended to Gear9 level 80. So OP has the right to be upset about the situation no matter if he does or not raid heroic.
  • MBL_66
    2465 posts Member
    Options
    DarthGozu wrote: »
    How many heroics have you done? Most of my guild has gotten 3-5 full drops plus crafted another 3-5.

If you aren't doing heroics, don't expect end game gear without doing end game content.

If you can read then I suggest you open the raid description tab and read that Heroic is intended to Gear9 level 80. So OP has the right to be upset about the situation no matter if he does or not raid heroic.

Kinda like how the Empire event was intended for 6/7* star max toons? Lol

You really don't need a whole roster of gear 9 and certainly not 80 just get 15 7* toons that have good raid utility and you're good to go
  • tRRRey
    2782 posts Member
    Options
    DarthGozu wrote: »

Kinda like how the Empire event was intended for 6/7* star max toons? Lol

You really don't need a whole roster of gear 9 and certainly not 80 just get 15 7* toons that have good raid utility and you're good to go

Even 10 7* will do, in our heroic raids everyone usually goes twice, once in phase 1-3 and once in phase 4 before it's over.
    https://swgoh.gg/u/trey 66/
    Make Zader Great Again!
  • Asavanor
    197 posts Member
    Options

You are right, I don't know how to fix the damage. However, they could make the precraftable gear available in the regular shipments for crystals like the furnace. That would provide revenue and help with the huge current imbalance. It is not a perfect fix for f2p, but I know several generally f2p players who are willing to buy a couple of droid callers.

Yep, I'd buy them if available.
  • Asavanor
    197 posts Member
    Options

World of warcraft never let a small percentage of the population get heroic gear without ever doing raids at all before pulling a bait and switch on everyone else. This is the solution to pre crafting I'm talking about, not how raids should be if EA had not made ridiculous terrible decisions and waited months to even admit them.

This is the heart of the issue.
  • slickdealer
    1801 posts Member
    Options

Such a small percentage it makes no difference.

Now that almost every guild has heroic on farm this pre-craft issue is a spit in the ocean.

The people complaining are those without a guild or in a crappy one.
  • Options
    It's becoming annoying at this point since there are a lot precrafters and only top players get better gear after raid payout. It really sucks that I have to wait for a furnace to even show up!! Come on devs!!!
  • MBL_66
    2465 posts Member
    Options
    It's becoming annoying at this point since there are a lot precrafters and only top players get better gear after raid payout. It really sucks that I have to wait for a furnace to even show up!! Come on devs!!!

This is false, the top do not always get the best gear in heroic raids
  • LeoRavus
    1165 posts Member
    Options

They get the most salvage; we compare screenshots. Twice as much as anyone below 10th place. The top few damage dealers of our guild have a bunch of gear 10/11s now. And they had a number of droid callers, etc. precrafted before the raids that indeed helped with the damage.

Some may not realize that it's not easy for everyone to slip into a guild that does heroic, yet alone score at the top.
  • MBL_66
    2465 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Options

They get the most salvage; we compare screenshots. Twice as much as anyone below 10th place. The top few damage dealers of our guild have a bunch of gear 10/11s now. And they had a number of droid callers, etc. precrafted before the raids that indeed helped with the damage.

Some may not realize that it's not easy for everyone to slip into a guild that does heroic, yet alone score at the top.

Top ten gets 40 and top twenty get 25 top thirty get 20 and bottom twenty get 15 so yes there is a big difference but everyone at any rank has a very good shot to get full gear. After 10 raids you should have more than enough salvage pieces and coins together to make at least two gears even if you are dead last every raid.
  • slickdealer
    1801 posts Member
    Options

Scoring at the top only matters for Han shards.

In heroic the drop chance for gear for #50 and #1 is not that different.

We have a guy who has never placed higher than 40 who has gotten 7 full pieces.
  • Fabzorz
    87 posts Member
    Options

Top ten gets 40 and top twenty get 25 top thirty get 20 and bottom twenty get 15 so yes there is a big difference but everyone at any rank has a very good shot to get full gear. After 10 raids you should have more than enough salvage pieces and coins together to make at least two gears even if you are dead last every raid.

The problem I think most people are having is when the two gears you can make are not at all what you need. We have people who are being gated hard by droid callers in our guilds.
    Star Wars: Galaxy of Supporting Cast Members
  • LeoRavus
    1165 posts Member
    Options
    Fabzorz wrote: »

The problem I think most people are having is when the two gears you can make are not at all what you need. We have people who are being gated hard by droid callers in our guilds.

Exactly. The randomness has to go. I have gotten two pieces made and one full drop but not what I'm looking for.

Hopefully it's something they'll be reworking.
  • hhooo
    656 posts Member
    Options

Now that almost every guild has heroic on farm this pre-craft issue is a spit in the ocean.

Do you have any idea how out of touch you sound? Almost every guild? Are you joking?
  • medetec
    1571 posts Member
    Options

According to the leaderboards, there are 150 guilds at the most that have completed a heroic raid right now. That's about 7,500 players total, which is less than the population of a single arena shard.

I am fortunate enough to be in a t7 capable guild, but that's a very small fraction of the player base.
  • Asavanor
    197 posts Member
    Options

Says the pre crafter.
  • Asavanor
    197 posts Member
    Options

Ah but you admitted you pre crafted two droid callers. So are you saying it's fair for us to have to run 10 raids to get what you were able to get before raids even started.
  • Options
    medetec wrote: »
    I am fortunate enough to be in a t7 capable guild, but that's a very small fraction of the player base.
    I'm in one too. I have never obtained enough pieces to craft a pre-craft gear from just raiding alone. I don't know what that dude is talking about at all.
  • Asavanor
    197 posts Member
    Options
    Fabzorz wrote: »

This is why I created this thread. Droid Callers are the #1 problem, supremely easy to create pre patch, nearly impossible to attain now.