Replies

• Greg1920
    1777 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    LeoRavus wrote: »
    Greg1920 wrote: »

You have done 4 real raids that offer reasonable rates of gear return whereas the people you are competing with have done 20 heroics.

The tier 6 rewards are terrible so I don't really count them. My point is that precrafters who are 10/11 would still be 10/11 because people who have done heroic raids for a month have gotten 5-6 gear pieces plus all the furnaces they buy. They are gearing up B teams now with raid gear, not arena teams.

You should be getting about 4k in guild coins a week so you should have been able to buy one full piece just from the coins.

So basically you're saying anyone who isn't able to do heroic isn't doing real raids, and don't deserve to have what the precrafters had two months ago? It should only be available to those who have huge rosters and can easily fit into a guild that does heroic only? AKA whales?

If you're downplaying the issue you're trolling hard. Everyone sees the issue, even the developers.

He never said you don't deserve anything you're putting in words in his mouth. But yes to be fair no one deserves anything. I agree that people who aren't doing heroic raids really shouldn't complain about the rewards because they're not doing the highest tier and shouldn't expect the highest reward. You don't have to be a whale to do heroic raids, we have plenty of f2p and low spenders in my guild. You really should just work on having 15-20 7* toons and you'll be able to participate in heroic raids just fine.

I'm talking in general, not just me. We do heroic fine. This is about the player base as a whole.

The majority of players aren't able to do heroic, and guilds that do heroic only often have strict guidelines for membership that they can't meet. I was lucky since our guild didn't start with any specific requirements but we were able to do it.

It takes 10 7 star toons to do heroic. Maybe less.

Or find a guild doing heroic and hang out in there bottom 10. If you will drop your 600 coins everyday without fail a guild doing heroic easily should be happy to have you.

And the main point is that the gear gap is due to raid failure not do to pre-crafting anymore.
  • MBL_66
    2465 posts Member
    Options
    Asavanor wrote: »
    It's becoming annoying at this point since there are a lot precrafters and only top players get better gear after raid payout. It really sucks that I have to wait for a furnace to even show up!! Come on devs!!!

This is false, the top do not always get the best gear in heroic raids

They get the most salvage; we compare screenshots. Twice as much as anyone below 10th place. The top few damage dealers of our guild have a bunch of gear 10/11s now. And they had a number of droid callers, etc. precrafted before the raids that indeed helped with the damage.

Some may not realize that it's not easy for everyone to slip into a guild that does heroic, yet alone score at the top.

Top ten gets 40 and top twenty get 25 top thirty get 20 and bottom twenty get 15 so yes there is a big difference but everyone at any rank has a very good shot to get full gear. After 10 raids you should have more than enough salvage pieces and coins together to make at least two gears even if you are dead last every raid.

Ah but you admitted you pre crafted two droid callers. So are you saying it's fair for us to have to run 10 raids to get what you were able to get before raids even started.

People were able to pre craft scanners and I couldn't because I didn't have Yoda worked up but I didn't cry about how it wasn't fair
  • Asavanor
    197 posts Member
    Options
    It's becoming annoying at this point since there are a lot precrafters and only top players get better gear after raid payout. It really sucks that I have to wait for a furnace to even show up!! Come on devs!!!

This is false, the top do not always get the best gear in heroic raids

They get the most salvage; we compare screenshots. Twice as much as anyone below 10th place. The top few damage dealers of our guild have a bunch of gear 10/11s now. And they had a number of droid callers, etc. precrafted before the raids that indeed helped with the damage.

Some may not realize that it's not easy for everyone to slip into a guild that does heroic, yet alone score at the top.

Top ten gets 40 and top twenty get 25 top thirty get 20 and bottom twenty get 15 so yes there is a big difference but everyone at any rank has a very good shot to get full gear. After 10 raids you should have more than enough salvage pieces and coins together to make at least two gears even if you are dead last every raid.

Ah but you admitted you pre crafted two droid callers. So are you saying it's fair for us to have to run 10 raids to get what you were able to get before raids even started.

People were able to pre craft scanners and I couldn't because I didn't have Yoda worked up but I didn't cry about how it wasn't fair

Fair is fair whether you decide to stand up for yourself or not. This issue is never going away and those of us who were bilked by the bait and switch will never let it go until it is redressed.
  • Azgadil
    226 posts Member
    Options
    What is the complaint about drops? Can't you buy them also in the guild store?

Save some Guild Currency isn't that the general consensus.
  • Asavanor
    197 posts Member
    Options
    Azgadil wrote: »

No, this thread is explained in the title. The problem is pre crafting. Raids have only compounded the issue. The developers created the issue with shady practices meant solely to continue milking their cash cow. Changing gear requirements right before releasing raid content so that you can place that gear as a raid reward is lazy and despicable. And those who benefited from the bait and switch can't cry foul when those of us who didn't benefit ask for redress.
  • MBL_66
    2465 posts Member
    Options

No, this thread is explained in the title. The problem is pre crafting. Raids have only compounded the issue. The developers created the issue with shady practices meant solely to continue milking their cash cow. Changing gear requirements right before releasing raid content so that you can place that gear as a raid reward is lazy and despicable. And those who benefited from the bait and switch can't cry foul when those of us who didn't benefit ask for redress.

I have cried plenty foul but like I said before I didn't cry about it being unfair, mostly because I can't come up with a reasonable solution.
  • Greg1920
    1777 posts Member
    Options

In April the problem was precrafting. In May it may have been precrafting. However in June it's because you failed to get into a guild doing heroics while others on your shard did.

It's really a raid gap now which is completely independent from the pre craft issue.
  • Asavanor
    197 posts Member
    Options
    Wrong again. The pre crafters had a leg up on raids. Also, droid callers are practically non existent in raids. Regardless, gear that used to be farmable should never have been made raid only. Pre crafting will remain an issue until it is addressed adequately by the development team.

This is the best solution: change gear tiers 9 - 11 to be farmable non raid gear. Then create tier 12 as the new raid only tier.

Problem solved.
  • MBL_66
    2465 posts Member
    Options
    Wrong again. The pre crafters had a leg up on raids. Also, droid callers are practically non existent in raids. Regardless, gear that used to be farmable should never have been made raid only. Pre crafting will remain an issue until it is addressed adequately by the development team.

This is the best solution: change gear tiers 9 - 11 to be farmable non raid gear. Then create tier 12 as the new raid only tier.

Problem solved.

Nope, there were multiple people that did not pre craft in my guild that would do more damage than me in raids. I only passed them up because I'm p2p and bought 11 furnaces plus I was very lucky in my raids drops.
  • Greg1920
    1777 posts Member
    Options

Problem solved.

The gear ix people didn't have a leg up in raid. There were no precraft only guild. My guild was about 50/50 and the governing factor on the scoreboard was number of toons not pre craft gear.

Droid callers drop at the same rate as other raid gear. The solution was to fix the precraft problem in the first week before someone equipped the first piece. Now the problem has solved itself

With raid coins you should have at least one droid caller.
  • MBL_66
    2465 posts Member
    Options

Problem solved.

The gear ix people didn't have a leg up in raid. There were no precraft only guild. My guild was about 50/50 and the governing factor on the scoreboard was number of toons not pre craft gear.

Droid callers drop at the same rate as other raid gear. The solution was to fix the precraft problem in the first week before someone equipped the first piece. Now the problem has solved itself

Yea the main factor in raid damage was having a diverse set of toons
  • Asavanor
    197 posts Member
    Options

Problem solved.

One droid caller as consolation for when I might have made three or more. Again no respectable game developer has ever taken non raid gear and then made it raid gear, allowing those who previously made the non raid gear to start out with raid gear before raiding even began. The issue has obviously not been solved as plenty of people in this very thread also still find it to be an issue.
  • Greg1920
    1777 posts Member
    Options

Problem solved.

One droid caller as consolation for when I might have made three or more. Again no respectable game developer has ever taken non raid gear and then made it raid gear, allowing those who previously made the non raid gear to start out with raid gear before raiding even began. The issue has obviously not been solved as plenty of people in this very thread also still find it to be an issue.

Most people don't understand the issue they are facing. They just assume everyone with better gear is a precrafted.

The gap between the those with gear x/xi toons is not a result of precraft. Plenty of those who didn't precraft have max geared toons now.

I agree that CG handled it poorly but the issue is not affecting current play anymore.
  • Options
    for raid gear salvage its 8250 guild coins to buy 25x = 330 GC for one piece of salvage

someone that precrafted 8 pieces = 8x50 = 400 pieces = 400 * 330 = 132,000

a 132,000 guild coin advantage is significant

wouldnt the easiest way to fix this is reduce the cost of the salvage pieces?

• Jakkal
    66 posts Member
    Options
    And then the guys who precrafted will still maintain the lead. I don't think that is the solution.
  • Asavanor
    197 posts Member
    Options

Problem solved.

Most people don't understand the issue they are facing. They just assume everyone with better gear is a precrafted.

The gap between the those with gear x/xi toons is not a result of precraft. Plenty of those who didn't precraft have max geared toons now.

I agree that CG handled it poorly but the issue is not affecting current play anymore.

It is affecting current play. The lack of droid callers that might have been plentiful for those of us who didn't pre craft is a huge disadvantage. QGJ and RG, both current meta characters are significantly more powerful had we been able to pre craft the droid callers they need for tier 9.
  • Greg1920
    1777 posts Member
    Options

Problem solved.

It is affecting current play. The lack of droid callers that might have been plentiful for those of us who didn't pre craft is a huge disadvantage. QGJ and RG, both current meta characters are significantly more powerful had we been able to pre craft the droid callers they need for tier 9.

If you were doing heroic raids you could have bought 1 droid caller with raid coins and doing 14 heroics in May would have gotten a minimum of 225 salvage total so should be well on your way to your next one even if you were unlucky with drops. A skilled non precrafter has at least 2 droid callers at this point in addition to other gear. If you are facing 10s and 11s they almost all have other raid gear in addition to the DCs.
  • Asavanor
    197 posts Member
    Options
    for raid gear salvage its 8250 guild coins to buy 25x = 330 GC for one piece of salvage

someone that precrafted 8 pieces = 8x50 = 400 pieces = 400 * 330 = 132,000

a 132,000 guild coin advantage is significant

wouldnt the easiest way to fix this is reduce the cost of the salvage pieces?

Exactly. The solution is to remove all raid gear requirements from all tier 9-11 gear tiers and then make tier twelve level 80 raid exclusive tier.
  • LordRath
    1032 posts Member
    Options

Problem solved.

Wrong
  • EleNiggle
    126 posts Member
    Options
    Precrafting and You!
    First off there is no exploit. There is nothing wrong with a player precrafting gears, nor is there anything wrong with a player with 8 precrafted gears. These things are neither fundamentally wrong, nor are they wrong in the spirit of multiplayer games.
    I must stress, there is nothing wrong with precrafting.
    There is nothing wrong with working within the constructs of a system to beat content. (just like the **** up vader achievements system on ios and the terrible device clock manipulation system for character refresh on raids)
    Let me clarify that statement: There are players who are WILLINGLY not precrafting in order to help someone else who prcrafted.
    This is not an exploit. This is a trade-off, and it’s perfectly acceptable within gaming.

;) to quote from the cg guy 4fuckignHead (with a little editing)
  • Asavanor
    197 posts Member
    Options

Problem solved.

If you were doing heroic raids you could have bought 1 droid caller with raid coins and doing 14 heroics in May would have gotten a minimum of 225 salvage total so should be well on your way to your next one even if you were unlucky with drops. A skilled non precrafter has at least 2 droid callers at this point in addition to other gear. If you are facing 10s and 11s they almost all have other raid gear in addition to the DCs.

This still misses the point of the pre craft issue. No matter how many droid callers I have from raiding I'm still behind anyone who was able to pre craft them. It is an enormous miscarriage of justice to ignore this issue and allow certain people to continue with raid exclusive gear that wasn't attained in raids.
  • Asavanor
    197 posts Member
    Options
    Opusone wrote: »

Problem solved.

Wrong

Says the pre crafter.
  • LordRath
    1032 posts Member
    Options
    Opusone wrote: »

Problem solved.

Wrong

Says the pre crafter.

And wrong again...
  • Asavanor
    197 posts Member
    Options
    EleNiggle wrote: »
    Precrafting and You!
    First off there is no exploit. There is nothing wrong with a player precrafting gears, nor is there anything wrong with a player with 8 precrafted gears. These things are neither fundamentally wrong, nor are they wrong in the spirit of multiplayer games.
    There is nothing wrong with working within the constructs of a system to beat content. (just like the **** up vader achievements system on ios and the terrible device clock manipulation system for character refresh on raids)
    Let me clarify that statement: There are players who are WILLINGLY not precrafting in order to help someone else who prcrafted.
    This is not an exploit. This is a trade-off, and it’s perfectly acceptable within gaming.

I'm not saying there is anything wrong with the pre crafters. They did nothing wrong. The developers did mess up. Raid gear should never have been non raid gear. This is the issue.
  • EleNiggle
    126 posts Member
    Options
    EleNiggle wrote: »
    Precrafting and You!

I'm not saying there is anything wrong with the pre crafters. They did nothing wrong. The developers did mess up. Raid gear should never have been non raid gear. This is the issue.

i agree
  • Options
    hey guys!

Don't worry!

After weeks and weeks and weeks of not saying doodoo, they finally posted on 5/27 saying they are hoping to give us some news about in the following week.

Now, yes, I know, you're saying "but hey, it's definitely been over a week"

But I say to you, what's a few more weeks of receiving the finger waiting.
  • Asavanor
    197 posts Member
    Options
    hey guys!

Don't worry!

After weeks and weeks and weeks of not saying doodoo, they finally posted on 5/27 saying they are hoping to give us some news about in the following week.

Now, yes, I know, you're saying "but hey, it's definitely been over a week"

But I say to you, what's a few more weeks of receiving the finger waiting.

Sounds about right.
  • marydare
    117 posts Member
    Options
    There is an obvious advantage for folks who were able to precraft and g9 key support & tank toons that are key in raids and really weak at g8. I'm looking at you, Qui Gon. (Love ya buddy, but you're no match for a rancor slam.) Precrafters did nothing wrong, at all. But an imbalance was created because they got a month plus head start on 2-3 toons, which now may be at g10-11, and that makes a big difference.

I am disappointed at the prevalence of the attitude "you're not raiding if you're not doing heroics". That is plainly elitist, and disregards a huge segment of the player population. What's more, it's dismissive of the needs of newer players, who are already at a big disadvantage because they are forced to join starter guilds & keep moving out as they level into higher tiers. Guilds should be about team spirit, giving & seeking support, & building a community, not simply a vehicle for raiding. I get that established players aren't thinking about these issues, but CG should be.

Here's hoping they come through on their promise to update the community very soon. The longer they wait to address this, the more out of hand it gets. I think the fix could be as simple as putting the mk5 droid callers in shipments along with furnaces. The raid gear needed for g10 can stay raid only, but everyone should have a shot at bringing all toons to g9. After all, it's how Heroics are already tuned, so it's backwards to expect people to do heroics to get there.
  • Asavanor
    197 posts Member
    Options
    marydare wrote: »
    There is an obvious advantage for folks who were able to precraft and g9 key support & tank toons that are key in raids and really weak at g8. I'm looking at you, Qui Gon. (Love ya buddy, but you're no match for a rancor slam.) Precrafters did nothing wrong, at all. But an imbalance was created because they got a month plus head start on 2-3 toons, which now may be at g10-11, and that makes a big difference.

I am disappointed at the prevalence of the attitude "you're not raiding if you're not doing heroics". That is plainly elitist, and disregards a huge segment of the player population. What's more, it's dismissive of the needs of newer players, who are already at a big disadvantage because they are forced to join starter guilds & keep moving out as they level into higher tiers. Guilds should be about team spirit, giving & seeking support, & building a community, not simply a vehicle for raiding. I get that established players aren't thinking about these issues, but CG should be.

Here's hoping they come through on their promise to update the community very soon. The longer they wait to address this, the more out of hand it gets. I think the fix could be as simple as putting the mk5 droid callers in shipments along with furnaces. The raid gear needed for g10 can stay raid only, but everyone should have a shot at bringing all toons to g9. After all, it's how Heroics are already tuned, so it's backwards to expect people to do heroics to get there.

Well said.
  • Lasserini
    274 posts Member
    Options
    It is an enormous miscarriage of justice

Easy tiger, you´re playing a casual mobile-game :)