Pre craft is still a huge issue, why is it being swept under the rug?

Replies

• kalidor
    2121 posts Member
    Options
    You say that so casually as if 12 hr notice posted only on the forums without any redirect notice pop up in game is reasonable enough to be called a true heads up.

Re-reading my post I can see my intent wasn't clear - my bad. It wasn't a true heads up at all. They shouldn't have said anything about it at all, anywhere, before the update hit.
    xSWCr - Nov '15 shard - swgoh.gg kalidor-m
  • Options
    SCANDAL! TRUST NO ONE!
  • MBL_66
    2465 posts Member
    Options
    They posted this on May 27th

Pre-crafted gear – this is a very hot topic still and the team is aware of it. Please stay tuned as we hope to have more to share on this next week.

The broke this promise...

They never promised anything

They didn't do what they said they would. You don't actually have to say "I promise" to promise something.

Please read the quote from earlier that you posted again, "hope"
  • Options
    ChefHaze wrote: »
    Tak wrote: »
    Mp44 wrote: »
    There are 10 more important issues than the .01% of the player base that precrafted.

You are very wrong...

The problem is it's been too long. What exactly can they do?

Exactly. They'll just keep sweeping it under the rug until there's absolutely nothing they can do. And everyone forgets.

They're like BP with the oil spill, except they didn't even say sorry.
    Just spend 500 dollars to pay for the gear they got with minimum effort. That's what ea really wants. THe majority paying $ to catch up with the minority of precrafters they created.

Exactly
  • Options
    Greg1920 wrote: »
    What's funny is I precrafted 2 droid callers. Now I'm sitting on 100 droid caller salvage I can't use and desparate for scanners and techs.

I guess my question to people who are still upset is why do you feel you are beaten by precrafters instead of by raiders.

If you had the same RNG you are having now and got no droid callers from 6 weeks of raids you would be in the same situation as now as those with better RNG would be beating you.

You started out with two pieces of raid gear before the raids even began. Of course you don't want to lose that advantage you have had now for over a month.
  • Options
    Ashishin wrote: »
    Also I've seen callers drop more than anything else. I've gotten 150 salvage and one full caller so far.

This varies by person.
    Some have yet to see any salvage for droid callers while others such as yourself have seen several.
    While those who have received plenty of droid caller salvage are sufferdueing to a lack of furnace parts.

Stop the insanity, just give out guild store coins, let us buy what we want not what the broken rewards system gives.

-Ashishin

This would be awesome.
  • Options
    I still think there is a perfectly reasonable fix that doesn't punish anyone.

Remove all raid requirements from all current gear tiers. Then release gear tier 12 as the new raid only tier. They can make the grind to gear tier 12 as slow as they like. With regular farming all of us who were left behind by the unevenly applied gear wall will be able to catch up to tier 11 and be on the same page with everyone else working on the new raid tier, tier 12.

Problem solved.
  • Options
    kalidor wrote: »
    You say that so casually as if 12 hr notice posted only on the forums without any redirect notice pop up in game is reasonable enough to be called a true heads up.

Re-reading my post I can see my intent wasn't clear - my bad. It wasn't a true heads up at all. They shouldn't have said anything about it at all, anywhere, before the update hit.

They shouldn't have made gear already able to be created into raid gear. It was lazy and in very poor judgment.
  • Options
    Solution.

Roll back every character, who ever used a droid caller, to gear 8, and revert droid callers back to original parts.
  • Options
    Solution.

Roll back every character, who ever used a droid caller, to gear 8, and revert droid callers back to original parts.

You would be punishing millions who received droid callers from raids to punish a statistically insignificant few who precrafted.
  • Options
    Solution.

You would be punishing millions who received droid callers from raids to punish a statistically insignificant few who precrafted.

Never said it was a good solution, but it's better than crying about it...for three bloody months
  • Options
    Solution.

Everyone who received droid callers from raids would simply be able to recreate them, a minor inconvenience. They wouldn't be losing anything but a few clicks of a button. He said revert droid callers to original parts. Pre crafted droid callers would not be able to be crafted into current droid callers as they would lack the raid only salvage.

However, I don't believe pre crafters need be punished in such a way. Pre crafters did nothing wrong.

Again see my solution above. Get everyone back on the same page and start a brand new race for tier 12.
  • Options
    As soon as they address the very real problem they created by being too lazy to create new tiers of gear for the raids, then we will stop complaining.
  • Options
    As someone that had callers furnaces disks and scanners crafted for several weeks before they chose to make the gear changes, what should be done?

Take away the gear I built and worked my rear off on? No that won't happen and certainly should not.

It stinks for everyone that didn't craft gear ahead of time. I am not going to stand for being punished for playing the game and thinking ahead.

Now if they want to give everyone a caller or two that's acceptable to me.
  • Options
    Precrafting was an equal opportunity strategy. Crying about it now is like those who cry about the resale prices of tickets when they had same opportunity to buy the tickets same price as others. Stop whining
  • Riggin12
    129 posts Member
    Options
    Precrafting was an equal opportunity strategy. Crying about it now is like those who cry about the resale prices of tickets when they had same opportunity to buy the tickets same price as others. Stop whining

Changing the recipe for equipment gave precrafters an advantage over all who didn't. There are a large number of players who were not playing at the time or not of adequate level to precraft even if they had been watching the forums. It has created an artificial rift and is very poor design for a game that ought to preserve the appearance of fairness if it intends to retain paying customers. They announced that they planned to address it weeks ago, and it is noticeably missing from the most recent announcement.
  • Greg1920
    1777 posts Member
    Options
    Martianski wrote: »
    "Also I've seen callers drop more than anything else. I've gotten 150 salvage and one full caller so far."
    You are wrong, mister. 2 months of raiding - 0 full drop droid callers, 0/50 parts.

Your problem exists with or without the precrafters. You would be behind people with good RNG on raid gear. You have a raid gear problem not a precraft problem.
    Asavanor wrote: »
    What's funny is I precrafted 2 droid callers. Now I'm sitting on 100 droid caller salvage I can't use and desparate for scanners and techs.

I guess my question to people who are still upset is why do you feel you are beaten by precrafters instead of by raiders.

If you had the same RNG you are having now and got no droid callers from 6 weeks of raids you would be in the same situation as now as those with better RNG would be beating you.

You started out with two pieces of raid gear before the raids even began. Of course you don't want to lose that advantage you have had now for over a month.

Indefinitely had an advantage for 2-3 weeks when I had gear IX QG/RG. Now all the top players on the shard has gear X toons and I'm sitting on droid callers I can't use because I don't have enough other gear.

The advantage I had no longer exists. Raid gear is 90% of the heroic gear out there now. There is no more precraft issue. There is still a raid gear drop rate issue.
  • Asavanor
    197 posts Member
    Options
    Gungnir75 wrote: »
    As someone that had callers furnaces disks and scanners crafted for several weeks before they chose to make the gear changes, what should be done?

Take away the gear I built and worked my rear off on? No that won't happen and certainly should not.

It stinks for everyone that didn't craft gear ahead of time. I am not going to stand for being punished for playing the game and thinking ahead.

Now if they want to give everyone a caller or two that's acceptable to me.

I'm not suggesting taking anything from anyone. I'm saying remove the raid only salvage requirements from all current gear so everyone can farm all the gear they need for all current tiers. Then release tier 12 as the new raid only tier.
  • Riggin12
    129 posts Member
    Options
    The advantage I had no longer exists. Raid gear is 90% of the heroic gear out there now. There is no more precraft issue. There is still a raid gear drop rate issue.

It does exist. There are people in my guild who precrafted 10-15 pieces. I have been able to craft a single droid caller using guild currency, and that's it. This is a continuing imbalance. Additionally, those same players place at the top of raids and receive more equipment and with a higher chance of receiving complete items. Raids have magnified the imbalance because rewards are competitive.
  • Asavanor
    197 posts Member
    Options
    "Also I've seen callers drop more than anything else. I've gotten 150 salvage and one full caller so far."
    You are wrong, mister. 2 months of raiding - 0 full drop droid callers, 0/50 parts.

Your problem exists with or without the precrafters. You would be behind people with good RNG on raid gear. You have a raid gear problem not a precraft problem.

Indefinitely had an advantage for 2-3 weeks when I had gear IX QG/RG. Now all the top players on the shard has gear X toons and I'm sitting on droid callers I can't use because I don't have enough other gear.

What you fail to understand is had I had that extra leg up as you did I wouldn't be still sitting on a gear 8 QGJ and RG, bad RNG not withstanding.

Again I'm not saying you or any other pre crafter did anything wrong. It is a problem with the system. And even if I had already obtained a large number of droid callers from raids I'd still be behind those who precrafted by as many pieces as they pre crafted. It's simple math. And being forced to purchase salvage from the guild store to build even one piece of gear puts me way behind anyone who already crafted that gear who could instead be purchasing those coveted Rey shards/JE shards.
  • Asavanor
    197 posts Member
    Options
    Riggin12 wrote: »

It does exist. There are people in my guild who precrafted 10-15 pieces. I have been able to craft a single droid caller using guild currency, and that's it. This is a continuing imbalance. Additionally, those same players place at the top of raids and receive more equipment and with a higher chance of receiving complete items. Raids have magnified the imbalance because rewards are competitive.

This. Raids exacerbated the problem rather than fixing it.
  • Options
    @Asavanor

I'm on board with that
  • Fitz
    302 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    F2p, could not pre-craft.

Raids and furnaces in shipment solved the issue. What are you doing with your crystals and guild tokens? Buy furnaces and gear salvage respectively and in over 2 months you should have caught up already.

Raids are not the main source of salvage, guild tokens are. And the competition for guild tokens daily is fair, regardless of level or gear.

In short, learn to optimize how you spend your ressources.
  • Options
    Fitz wrote: »

Raids and furnaces in shipment solved the issue. What are you doing with your crystals and guild tokens? Buy furnaces and gear salvage respectively and in over 2 months you should have caught up already.

Raids are not the main source of salvage, guild tokens are. And the competition for guild tokens daily is fair, regardless of level or gear.

F2P could and did precraft. I did when I was f2p
  • Greg1920
    1777 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Options

What you fail to understand is had I had that extra leg up as you did I wouldn't be still sitting on a gear 8 QGJ and RG, bad RNG not withstanding.

Again I'm not saying you or any other pre crafter did anything wrong. It is a problem with the system. And even if I had already obtained a large number of droid callers from raids I'd still be behind those who precrafted by as many pieces as they pre crafted. It's simple math. And being forced to purchase salvage from the guild store to build even one piece of gear puts me way behind anyone who already crafted that gear who could instead be purchasing those coveted Rey shards/JE shards.

No you wouldn't. You can only dress 5 toons in arena at a time. This 5 toon limit is why the precrafted advantage is gone. I'm not arguing it's right or wrong I'm arguing the advantage is no longer significant in terms of arena rank.

Not in your post but in others but roster determines raid rant not gear. If you have the key phase one toons gear viii you can top spots.
  • Greg1920
    1777 posts Member
    Options
    Fitz wrote: »

Raids are the main source of salvage. They represent half your guild coins plus at least 1 piece a week. Coins from activities get you max one piece a month.
  • Doga
    808 posts Member
    Options
    Precrafting ruined my life.

That's awful! To be fair, it's just a game. If you were not at level cap long enough to gather the gear and craft it in preparation for level cap increase why do you have an issue? As its been said, most of the unobtainium gear out there is now from raids.
  • Riggin12
    129 posts Member
    Options

Raids are the main source of salvage. They represent half your guild coins plus at least 1 piece a week. Coins from activities get you max one piece a month.

Exactly right, and because raid gear is random, there are many people who have not gotten droid callers or parts from raids (the main barrier to g9 for a number of key toons). I spent nearly 17k to in guild coins to get parts for my only droid caller, because I didn't get parts for them from raids. It is anecdotal, but in tracking raid rewards for our guild, furnace parts drop more than anything else, and droid caller parts are the least common. This could be idiosyncratic, but others have indicated similar patterns in their guilds.
  • Options
    I am FTP, haven't spent a single cent. I didn't precraft. And I sit at top 3 at payout everyday.

Through raid and saved crystals from arena payout, I crafted caller//scanner/disc, and bought furnace. I am about to max the gears of my arena/raid team. Yes, the precraft debacle might have affected people earlier, but by now, it should not have been an issue anymore as raid gear caught up. And if you still have issue, then it may be time to review whether you are in the right guild for raid.
  • DJJ
    367 posts Member
    Options
    ChefHaze wrote: »
    Tak wrote: »
    Mp44 wrote: »
    There are 10 more important issues than the .01% of the player base that precrafted.

You are very wrong...

The problem is it's been too long. What exactly can they do?

Exactly. They'll just keep sweeping it under the rug until there's absolutely nothing they can do. And everyone forgets.

They're like BP with the oil spill, except they didn't even say sorry.
    Just spend 500 dollars to pay for the gear they got with minimum effort. That's what ea really wants. THe majority paying $ to catch up with the minority of precrafters they created.

Yes, precrafting is JUST like the BP oil spill.