Pre craft is still a huge issue, why is it being swept under the rug?

Replies

• LordRath
    1032 posts Member
    Options
    Palanthian wrote: »
    Just my latest status report - 21 raids done, 15 droid caller salvage, zero full pieces.

21 raids. 15/50 salvage.

Any system that can produce this outcome is a failed system and needs to be changed.

Perhaps start a raid gear mega thread? I agree the current system has distribution patterns that are concerning, at least to the 16 guilds I help run. I know RNG is RNG, but the dry spells can be frustrating. I'm all furnace parts for 6 of the last 7 T7 raids, and many seem to have similar experiences
  • Riggin12
    129 posts Member
    Options
    Lithium wrote: »
    The RNG and rewards system in raids is magnifying the precraft issue exponentially.

There is no room for experimentation or planning anymore. Its all a waiting game. I'm one of many now sitting on almost 30 t7 raids without a caller or caller salvage. Its affected the competitive side of things because I can't get the right raid toons geared, nor can I change my arena team. Random experimentation and testing new synergies is a thing of the past altogether. Sure I could push an underpowered team into GW for a few nodes but forget about arena because even if you win a battle, you'll get destroyed on defense.

So it's time to take a deep breath and just wait. Hopefully I get the caller I've been waiting on for over a month (bought one from the guild store and doubt I'll on it again because those rates are terrible.) RNG should hopefully average out and I'll see a string of callers like some of my guild mates have - some have gotten 6 in a row lol.

DEVS - I understand all the whining about hopping and alts has been your main point to address over the last week but the gear issue has been pending alot longer. Why do you wait for things to explode before addressing the situation.

This accurately describes the situation for most people in my guild, and we've done 22 heroic raids (plus some tier 6's). It also explains the widening gulf many of us see in our arena shards, where the difference between g8 RG vs g10 RG is stark (same for QGJ, Daka, Ackbar, etc.).
  • Options
    Opusone wrote: »
    Just my latest status report - 21 raids done, 15 droid caller salvage, zero full pieces.

21 raids. 15/50 salvage.

Any system that can produce this outcome is a failed system and needs to be changed.

Perhaps start a raid gear mega thread? I agree the current system has distribution patterns that are concerning, at least to the 16 guilds I help run. I know RNG is RNG, but the dry spells can be frustrating. I'm all furnace parts for 6 of the last 7 T7 raids, and many seem to have similar experiences

We should start one. Let's hope it won't end up like the Dodge Megathread.
  • Lithium
    76 posts Member
    Options

21 raids. 15/50 salvage.

28 t7s , 0 callers , 0 caller salvage ,
  • LordRath
    1032 posts Member
    Options

21 raids. 15/50 salvage.

Your luck sounds like mine, bleh!
  • Lithium
    76 posts Member
    Options

21 raids. 15/50 salvage.

Your luck sounds like mine, bleh!

There are many in this boat.

I've had a guy needing a furnace for a month and has seen 6 full callers and other random stuff instead..

Doesn't matter which way it goes.. people were already concerned that they didn't precraf enough or at all... I'm sure by now, even if you did precraft, you can understand how frustrating its getting..
  • djvita
    1684 posts Member
    Options
    Just add Mk5 droid callers fully crafted for 2500 crystals in the shipments and people will be satisfied
  • Teague
    939 posts Member
    Options
    I don't understand this "issue"

If you've been around long enough to feel effected by pre-crafting, then you could have done it too. And if you haven't been around that long, it doesn't concern you anyways.

Seems like a complete non-issue to me. Yet people are still complaining like crazy. No wonder the devs are ignoring it. Most likely, they, like me, have no clue what you're complaining about.

There are soooooo many things they need to address. And they are, it seems. But to all the people complaining about pre-crafting, most likely you'll never get a response. I mean, what do you expect them to do/say?
  • Jakkal
    66 posts Member
    Options
    djvita wrote: »
    Just add Mk5 droid callers fully crafted for 2500 crystals in the shipments and people will be satisfied

I think 1600 like the Furnace is more fare
  • Options

Almost everyone is complaining about RNG.

Nope. It must be hard to miss the point so many times in a row.
  • tRRRey
    2782 posts Member
    Options
    Teague wrote: »

If you've been around long enough to feel effected by pre-crafting, then you could have done it too. And if you haven't been around that long, it doesn't concern you anyways.

Seems like a complete non-issue to me. Yet people are still complaining like crazy. No wonder the devs are ignoring it. Most likely, they, like me, have no clue what you're complaining about.

There are soooooo many things they need to address. And they are, it seems. But to all the people complaining about pre-crafting, most likely you'll never get a response. I mean, what do you expect them to do/say?

They did say they will look into it and haven't given us an update. That means the devs know this is a big issue. I can only hope they come up with a sensible solution that isn't just another money grab.
    As for your first statement, it's not black and white like you think it is. I was in the group of people that wanted to precraft but couldn't because I was a level or two shy of being able to farm the gear necessary. So why should I be punished for the incompetent decision by the devs to introduce raid exclusive gear salvage? It was a change solely to block us from progressing any further on our characters until the devs could come up with something better. That's called lazy game design and goes in line with a lot of their other past decisions in this game.
    Everyone that knows about the precrafting debacle has been around long enough to feel its effects.
    https://swgoh.gg/u/trey 66/
    Make Zader Great Again!
  • tRRRey
    2782 posts Member
    Options

Tell me how this has anything to do with precrafting.

"I've had a guy needing a furnace for a month and has seen 6 full callers and other random stuff instead.."

Or this.

"28 t7s , 0 callers , 0 caller salvage"

Reading is FUNdamental.

One guy has gotten 6 full callers, other guy 0 salvage.

This is RNG kid.

What's wrong with complaining about RNG? I bet there wouldn't be nearly as many complaints if there was a different avenue to farm the raid gear salvage that you absolutely need to advance in this game. The broken raid rewards system only exacerbates the precrafting debacle.
    Make Zader Great Again!
  • Lithium
    76 posts Member
    Options

"I've had a guy needing a furnace for a month and has seen 6 full callers and other random stuff instead.."

Or this.

Reading is FUNdamental.

This is RNG kid.

Selectively quoting doesn't establish the context of the comments.

And raid RNG has a lot more to do with this thread than Ur ridiculous wow analogy. Not having the last piece of t1 raid gear didn't make ur char entirely useless. The dynamics of the 2 games are completely different. Try using a g9 teebo vs a g10 teebo with a scanner in t7.
  • Asavanor
    197 posts Member
    Options
    When everyone is playing the same game, running the same raids, etc. and yet some have gear tier 10 and 11 characters while others can't even get past 8 there is obviously a huge problem and imbalance that needs to be addressed.
  • Asavanor
    197 posts Member
    Options

I've been playing since January and I'm still affected by pre craft imbalances. My QGJ, RG, and others are stuck at gear 8 and vastly outmatched by others who have these same characters at tier 9 and above. Had I crafted the raid gear before the raids were released, all the bad RNG in the world wouldn't keep me from having at least a tier 9 RG, QGJ, etc. it's a huge problem, created by poor game design, and all of us affected have a right to call foul and expect a fix regardless of how much time has passed. And there are numerous ways to fix the issue, so saying there is no fix holds no water.
  • Lithium
    76 posts Member
    Options
    Asavanor wrote: »
    When everyone is playing the same game, running the same raids, etc. and yet some have gear tier 10 and 11 characters while others can't even get past 8 there is obviously a huge problem and imbalance that needs to be addressed.

Yup and it does not matter if the issue is precrafting or just poor RNG. Its game ruining either ways...
  • Asavanor
    197 posts Member
    Options

In WoW I received almost my entire tier 1 set in our first raid. In took 15 more raids to get the final piece.

RNG is RNG.

People are misdirecting RNG hate to precrafting.

Bad RNG has just exacerbated the problem created by pre crafting. The devs were expecting raids to erase the pre crafting gulf but instead they have widened the gulf.
  • Asic
    1146 posts Member
    Options

There is no "advantage" for precrafters anymore.

-Arena teams are 5 toons each and if you have participated in raids you should be caught up. Most on my server did not precraft and arena is full of same old dodge teams, all geared to 10-11. Their full rosters are not geared, but arena team is competitive. If you are not participating in 3 t7 raids a week you need a better guild.

-raids are pretty much a joke given how easy t7 is. most people don't even get 2 chances to attack so don't even need more than 10 7 star toons.

• Asavanor
    197 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Asic wrote: »

-Arena teams are 5 toons each and if you have participated in raids you should be caught up. Most on my server did not precraft and arena is full of same old dodge teams, all geared to 10-11. Their full rosters are not geared, but arena team is competitive. If you are not participating in 3 t7 raids a week you need a better guild.

-raids are pretty much a joke given how easy t7 is. most people don't even get 2 chances to attack so don't even need more than 10 7 star toons.

You obviously haven't been paying attention to the arguments on this thread. Plenty of people running tier 7 raids can't get their hands on gear that was easily created by some prior to raids being released. Thus the problem persists and the advantage remains.

• tRRRey
    2782 posts Member
    Options

It doesn't matter how many T7 raids you complete if they don't drop the gear salvage that you need. There is still an advantage and there will always be one for precrafters until the devs actually fix this mess.
    Make Zader Great Again!
  • Asavanor
    197 posts Member
    Options
    tRRRey wrote: »

Or this.

Reading is FUNdamental.

This is RNG kid.

What's wrong with complaining about RNG?

It is pointless. People complain about RNG dodges, RNG gear, RNG drop

In WoW I received almost my entire tier 1 set in our first raid. In took 15 more raids to get the final piece.

RNG is RNG.

People are misdirecting RNG hate to precrafting.

Bad RNG has just exacerbated the problem created by pre crafting. The devs were expecting raids to erase the pre crafting gulf but instead they have widened the gulf.

Or good RNG has reversed it as some have gotten 15+ pieces already, passing precrafters.

In other words RNG is RNG.

Just because some have been able to catch up on gear doesn't mean the issue isn't still affecting many.
  • Asic
    1146 posts Member
    Options

It doesn't matter how many T7 raids you complete if they don't drop the gear salvage that you need. There is still an advantage and there will always be one for precrafters until the devs actually fix this mess.

So you are complaining about RNG (luck)?
  • Asic
    1146 posts Member
    Options

You obviously haven't been paying attention to the arguments on this thread. Plenty of people running tier 7 raids can't get their hands on gear that was easily created by some prior to raids being released. Thus the problem persists and the advantage remains.

I have been paying attention but I don't see it in practice. My shard seems unaffected. My guild- well of course members want more full gear. I would love to be able to max my gear tomorrow. The intent of this change was to slow progression. They accomplished that.

But I see arguments that precrafters have some unfair advantage and it's just simply not true. Sure at first- but not now.
  • tRRRey
    2782 posts Member
    Options

Maybe I am? I know I wouldn't be if there was a different avenue to obtain this raid gear salvage. And don't point towards the guild store, those prices are beyond a joke. Regardless of the "complaining" the advantage is still there and won't go away until a fix is made.
    Make Zader Great Again!
  • Options

I understand RNG but it looks very suspicious when "rbg" suddenly drops the item you want when you are almost out of energy. Very tempting to push the button and refresh more energy and again no drops till you use up the last bit of energy.
    RNG should be RNG and not fixed. That's not called RNG. It's called Vegas style gambling.
  • Options
    19 raids won, top 15.
    12 Caller Salvage
    31 Furnace Salvage.
    0 full items. I still think it's a myth.

For A and B squads to get to Gear lvl 9 I need
    88 more caller salvage
    219 more furnace salvage.

Drops need to be better please. Guild rewards need to reward you for participating, not punish you for not sniping your fellow guild member's higher rank.

I suggest the DEVs put in place some sort of check.

The longer you raid with your guild the better the rewards, or the better chance of you getting better rewards.

It could reset after you get something like a full item. But whatever the base chance is will always remain the same, even after the reset.

A loyalty bonus of Guild Currency would be nice too. If you get your 600 energy, and you participate in a number, say 5 raids in a row you get a decent sum of Guild currency or a number of lvl 9+ item salvage etc.

I dunno...my two cents.