Pre craft is still a huge issue, why is it being swept under the rug?

Replies

• Harlodpeter
    323 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Stop this debate already, it is old and meaningless already.. Precraft or not, i know an FTP who is rocking in the arena right now who farmed all his gears in raid..

You need to Be in a guild that will benefit you and the rest of the guild as well, not stuck in a guild where you cannot craft something then Go bursting in the forum about wanting the precrafter to be penalized.. i crafted two callers before for QGJ and mace, but my mace is sitting proudly in the shelf because he is not arena material.. But do i know about the update and all before this? I have to say no.. If i do know about this before the update.. I am pretty sure that i will precraft myself a lot and a lot of furnace because I could use one right about now..

I hard farmed my gear and buy my furnace in the shipment.. Do i pay for the gear? Yes i did.. I pay with real money and pay with the time i spent doing the arena.. Do i have good roster? Nope.. But I learn to co-op
  • Fitz
    302 posts Member
    Options
    sloweagle wrote: »
    I am FTP, haven't spent a single cent. I didn't precraft. And I sit at top 3 at payout everyday.

Through raid and saved crystals from arena payout, I crafted caller//scanner/disc, and bought furnace. I am about to max the gears of my arena/raid team. Yes, the precraft debacle might have affected people earlier, but by now, it should not have been an issue anymore as raid gear caught up. And if you still have issue, then it may be time to review whether you are in the right guild for raid.

Exactly what I was trying to say.
  • hhooo
    656 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Fitz wrote: »
    I am FTP, haven't spent a single cent. I didn't precraft. And I sit at top 3 at payout everyday.

Through raid and saved crystals from arena payout, I crafted caller//scanner/disc, and bought furnace. I am about to max the gears of my arena/raid team. Yes, the precraft debacle might have affected people earlier, but by now, it should not have been an issue anymore as raid gear caught up. And if you still have issue, then it may be time to review whether you are in the right guild for raid.

So world hunger, the prison industrial complex, etc, must not be issues either, because they don't affect you?

• papnwors
    749 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Opusone wrote: »
    papnwors wrote: »
    It's being swept under the rug because they aren't big enough to just say "hey guys we screwed up royally with the whole precrafting mess, we're really sorry but we don't see a way to turn back the clock. Hopefully this won't affect your gaming experience too much. We've learned from it and we guarantee this sort of mess will never happen again."
    They would rather just ignore it for 5 weeks and then dangle an imaginary carrot in front of us.

It's not the first time we've been fooled and been lied to and it won't be the last.

What does this net any players? I'm being serious, not trying to troll you. Would you prefer time spent apologizing (which often can do more damage, as people then feel more entitled), or is it better they internally acknowledge and get to work on all the other issues? Once again, not trolling, just looking into getting insight on your need for an apology.
    @Opusone
    I don't need an apology, but it would quell the fires and would have been the right thing to do, if that counts for anything. We probably wouldn't be posting in this thread if they had just manned up, swallowed their pride, admitted it was a mistake and apologize.
    It's simply the right thing to do to acknowledge they screwed up and paid just a tiny but of respect to the players who support them.

I can't see people feeling entitled over an apology, but it's simple human decency, it wouldn't have cost them anything and would have gone a long way. The frustration is that people are feeling ignored and that the entire situation has been dodged.
  • LordRath
    1032 posts Member
    Options
    It's being swept under the rug because they aren't big enough to just say "hey guys we screwed up royally with the whole precrafting mess, we're really sorry but we don't see a way to turn back the clock. Hopefully this won't affect your gaming experience too much. We've learned from it and we guarantee this sort of mess will never happen again."
    They would rather just ignore it for 5 weeks and then dangle an imaginary carrot in front of us.

It's not the first time we've been fooled and been lied to and it won't be the last.

What does this net any players? I'm being serious, not trying to troll you. Would you prefer time spent apologizing (which often can do more damage, as people then feel more entitled), or is it better they internally acknowledge and get to work on all the other issues? Once again, not trolling, just looking into getting insight on your need for an apology.
    @Opusone
    I don't need an apology, but it would quell the fires and would have been the right thing to do, if that counts for anything. We probably wouldn't be posting in this thread if they had just manned up, swallowed their pride, admitted it was a mistake and apologize.
    It's simply the right thing to do to acknowledge they screwed up and paid just a tiny but of respect to the players who support them.

I can't see people feeling entitled over an apology, but it's simple human decency, it wouldn't have cost them anything and would have gone a long way.

We can agree to disagree. People will always complain here. I do appreciate your thoughtful and honest response though.
  • papnwors
    749 posts Member
    Options

@Opusone

I can't see people feeling entitled over an apology, but it's simple human decency, it wouldn't have cost them anything and would have gone a long way.

We can agree to disagree. People will always complain here. I do appreciate your thoughtful and honest response though.

That's true, some people do seem to find a reason to complain about anything and everything, I don't think they are in the majority, but I see your point, if they did apologize people would probably demand crystals because Some do seem to be burdened with a great sense of entitilement, still I think the majority would have appreciated a simple apology. So agree to half disagree. Always good to get a view of both sides of the coin.
  • ctn13
    53 posts Member
    Options
    I can understand peoples frustration but pre crafted gear pieces are only a single cog in a complex puzzle in what determines if you win a game or not. Character selection, guild selection, money used and most importantly luck, play huge factors. Try maintaining a top 20 position without rey or leia. It is seriously challenging regardless if you precrafted or not. The game is designed to give the offense a significant advantage and I can beat teams with better teams and higher squad strengths than I have and I bet everyone else is the same. I did pre craft a few droid callers but honestly, it didn't make any difference. I don't even ise those characters anymore! I was top 50 before and I'm top 50 now. I'm in an early shard filled with team instinct and order 66 members. I occasionally pop into the top spots but precrafting is insignificant if you are in a shard with so many whales. If you are not in that situation you atleast will eventually catch up! I'll always be behind.
    Sorry for the monster post!
  • Fitz
    302 posts Member
    Options
    hhooo wrote: »
    Fitz wrote: »

So world hunger, the prison industrial complex, etc, must not be issues either, because they don't affect you?

It's not an unfair world, we are given the same chances and circumstances in the game. I didn't precraft and today I'm sitting on an almost maxed arena team with a couple spare furnaces to begin upping others toons.

I am therefore wondering what prevent others to do the same? Given the conpetitivity level in the top of arena shard is still well and alive, other people are doing the same. Why can't you?

Crafting recipes changes were a necessary evil to expand the life span of thw game, otherwise we would all be bored by now. The execution might have been poor but that's another debate.

+1 to you though for comparing world hunger to swgoh gear starvation. Hahaha

• ChefHaze
    628 posts Member
    Options
    DJJ wrote: »
    ChefHaze wrote: »
    Tak wrote: »
    Mp44 wrote: »
    There are 10 more important issues than the .01% of the player base that precrafted.

You are very wrong...

The problem is it's been too long. What exactly can they do?

Exactly. They'll just keep sweeping it under the rug until there's absolutely nothing they can do. And everyone forgets.

They're like BP with the oil spill, except they didn't even say sorry.
    Just spend 500 dollars to pay for the gear they got with minimum effort. That's what ea really wants. THe majority paying $ to catch up with the minority of precrafters they created.

Yes, precrafting is JUST like the BP oil spill.

Wow, can you not read? I didn't say precrafting was like the BP oil spill.
    I said ea was acting like BP, except at least BP said sorry. Very different things. Try reading what people actually wrote before attempting to sound witty.
  • Options
    I spend about half of my weekly therapy sessions discussing precrafting
    Precrafting ruined my life.

I hear you
  • Options
    This doesn't even need debating. The devs said this is an issue they're discussing. They will do something, it will probably just be a long time coming.

For the 100th time I'll take callers in shipments, that's all I need. Nothing else.

Callers in shipments.
  • Doga
    808 posts Member
    Options
    I spend about half of my weekly therapy sessions discussing precrafting
    Precrafting ruined my life.

I hear you

:D
  • Neo2551
    1824 posts Member
    Options
    I think most players who did not precraft, from which I am part of, are mainly complaining because they can't improve their main roster (QGJ/RG) without callers and I feel it is unfair. An easy fix would be to give two callers to all who did not precrafted!
  • warmonkey
    1314 posts Member
    Options
    People starting before I started has become a huge problem. Seriously though it's totally not fair that just because someone started a month before me that they should have better stuff then me. We both play the same game so why is our progress not the same?

And when I think about all the people that started playing after precrafting and didn't even have the chance to craft raid stuff I get very sad and depressed. Life is so unfair and so is this game! Nerf game please!!!!!!
  • uffdan
    49 posts Member
    Options
    warmonkey wrote: »
    People starting before I started has become a huge problem. Seriously though it's totally not fair that just because someone started a month before me that they should have better stuff then me. We both play the same game so why is our progress not the same?

And when I think about all the people that started playing after precrafting and didn't even have the chance to craft raid stuff I get very sad and depressed. Life is so unfair and so is this game! Nerf game please!!!!!!

On top of that, did you know people that spent more money on the game than I did have an unfair advantage? I mean these exploiters have Rex and he's not even available to me! ****! NERF SPENDERS PLZ! the more they are allowed to spend the worse this problem gets!
  • LeoRavus
    1165 posts Member
    Options
    kalidor wrote: »
    You say that so casually as if 12 hr notice posted only on the forums without any redirect notice pop up in game is reasonable enough to be called a true heads up.

Re-reading my post I can see my intent wasn't clear - my bad. It wasn't a true heads up at all. They shouldn't have said anything about it at all, anywhere, before the update hit.

That doesn't sell crystals. No doubt they had a huge spike in sales as people frantically farmed the needed parts to precraft as much as they could.
  • DJJ
    367 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    There are 10 more important issues than the .01% of the player base that precrafted.

You are very wrong...

Exactly. They'll just keep sweeping it under the rug until there's absolutely nothing they can do. And everyone forgets.

Just spend 500 dollars to pay for the gear they got with minimum effort. That's what ea really wants. THe majority paying $ to catch up with the minority of precrafters they created.

I said ea was acting like BP, except at least BP said sorry. Very different things. Try reading what people actually wrote before attempting to sound witty.

Lol. You're still connecting precrafting with a billion dollar, environmentally destructive trajedy. If I had said that that they're like ****, but at least **** acknowledged their suicide bombings, wouldn't you say that I'm comparing this to terrorism?

This is a game. Let's not blow this out of proportion.

Edit: didn't think that would be censored. The blanks are a well known terrorist organization.
  • Riggin12
    129 posts Member
    Options

If you don't have callers yet precrafting isn't the problem.

I've gotten 2 full callers now and 150 salvages from 20ish heroics.

You either aren't doing heroics OR terrible RNG. Neither is a precrafting problem.

This is a specious argument. You do not know the drop rates unless you are a developer. If you are a developer playing your own game, that is a conflict of interest. Your idiosyncratic experience is not generalizable. Given reports on the forums, it is quite possible that droid caller drop rates are low. The fact that an announcement went out indicating they know precrafting is a problem is dispositive evidence that it in fact is. What they do about it is a separate issue.
  • ChefHaze
    628 posts Member
    Options

You are very wrong...

Lol. You're still connecting precrafting with a billion dollar, environmentally destructive trajedy. If I had said that that they're like ****, but at least **** acknowledged their suicide bombings, wouldn't you say that I'm comparing this to terrorism?

Edit: didn't think that would be censored. The blanks are a well known terrorist organization.

Wrong wrong wrong again. I'm connecting the reaction of one company that **** up to the reaction of another company that **** up. As in, they both try to ignore it and act like its no big deal. The rest of everything you said is all in your head you silly little boy.
  • MBL_66
    2465 posts Member
    Options
    Riggin12 wrote: »

You either aren't doing heroics OR terrible RNG. Neither is a precrafting problem.

This is a specious argument. You do not know the drop rates unless you are a developer. If you are a developer playing your own game, that is a conflict of interest. Your idiosyncratic experience is not generalizable. Given reports on the forums, it is quite possible that droid caller drop rates are low. The fact that an announcement went out indicating they know precrafting is a problem is dispositive evidence that it in fact is. What they do about it is a separate issue.

I've had more droid callers from raids than any other gear, five. Just because you see it on the forum doesn't mean it's player wide, people are just most likely to complain and since most haven't hit the scanner wall the droid caller wall is the first they will complain about.
  • DJJ
    367 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Options

You are very wrong...

Wrong wrong wrong again. I'm connecting the reaction of one company that **** up to the reaction of another company that **** up. As in, they both try to ignore it and act like its no big deal. The rest of everything you said is all in your head you silly little boy.

Except one is about an OIL SPILL and the other is about PRECRAFTING DIGITAL ITEMS IN A MOBILE GAME. They are NOT comparable at all. If one cares as much about EA's response to precrafting as about BP's response to the oil spill then one has a warped and sad sense of priorities.

Is the reaction to precrafting also like the reaction to the Halocaust? Slavery? Enron? Let keep ramping up the overreaction, shall we?

Notice that this "silly little boy" doesn't resort to name calling when trying to participate in a debate.
  • Riggin12
    129 posts Member
    Options

I've had more droid callers from raids than any other gear, five. Just because you see it on the forum doesn't mean it's player wide, people are just most likely to complain and since most haven't hit the scanner wall the droid caller wall is the first they will complain about.

Many non precrafters are nowhere near the scanner wall. In my guild, which is top 30, it is the precrafters who need scanners to get to g10 and 11, while nonprecrafters are struggling to get to g9 with key characters like QGJ and RG (not to mention Daka, Ackbar, etc.). I find it interesting that people who precrafted are arguing vehemently that there is no problem, when the developers have stated that it is and that they are looking into it.
  • LordRath
    1032 posts Member
    Options

A developer playing their game is not conflict of interest
  • Riggin12
    129 posts Member
    Options

A developer playing their game is not conflict of interest

A developer using an avatar to test balance issues etc, would not be. However, a developer involved in the competitive aspects of the game, making arguments in forums or developer meetings that protect the interests of their characters or guilds would arguably have a conflict interest. I am not aware of any such issues or that anyone commenting on this thread is a developer. I simply asserted that unless one is, s/he cannot possibly know actual raid drop rates and make a defensible argument based on personal experience.
  • MBL_66
    2465 posts Member
    Options

Many non precrafters are nowhere near the scanner wall. In my guild, which is top 30, it is the precrafters who need scanners to get to g10 and 11, while nonprecrafters are struggling to get to g9 with key characters like QGJ and RG (not to mention Daka, Ackbar, etc.). I find it interesting that people who precrafted are arguing vehemently that there is no problem, when the developers have stated that it is and that they are looking into it.

I know what the scanner wall is idk why you're explaining it to me or why that was even a response to my post. Also the developers never said it was a problem they only referred to it as a "hot topic" and said it was being discussed.
  • hhooo
    656 posts Member
    Options

You are very wrong...

Except one is about an OIL SPILL and the other is about PRECRAFTING DIGITAL ITEMS IN A MOBILE GAME. They are NOT comparable at all. If one cares as much about EA's response to precrafting as about BP's response to the oil spill then one has a warped and sad sense of priorities.

Is the reaction to precrafting also like the reaction to the Halocaust? Slavery? Enron? Let keep ramping up the overreaction, shall we?

Notice that this "silly little boy" doesn't resort to name calling when trying to participate in a debate.
    They are incomparable. The thing you're still missing, somehow, is that he's comparing the reactions of the companies responsible, not the events themselves.

The oil spill was a far greater snafu. No one will disagree. The company responsible had a reaction that, while insufficient and shameful, makes EA's reaction to their snafu look even worse. Which is pathetic considering the far smaller scale.

• DJJ
    367 posts Member
    Options
    hhooo wrote: »

You are very wrong...

They are incomparable. The thing you're still missing, somehow, is that he's comparing the reactions of the companies responsible, not the events themselves.

The oil spill was a far greater snafu. No one will disagree. The company responsible had a reaction that, while insufficient and shameful, makes EA's reaction to their snafu look even worse. Which is pathetic considering the far smaller scale.

I think what you're missing is that by comparing the reactions of the two companies' reactions, you are invariably comparing the two events that they are reacting to. You are saying that the precrafting "issue" deserves an equal or similar reaction as an oil spill. It does not. BP needed to make a financial and conciliatory response to the spill because people and animals lost their livelihoods, habitats, and health. People who did not precraft lost a competitive edge in a mobile Star Wars game. Even if EA/CG never mentions this issue ever again, the degree that this affects people is relatively minuscule.
  • LeoRavus
    1165 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    For people who can't do heroics this is still bad.
  • Options
    Can i ask? What the best possible solution for this precraft issue?
    Note: short one please, i found that keep arguing will got us nowhere.
    the cake is a lie