Pre craft is still a huge issue, why is it being swept under the rug?

Replies

• Tomek
    327 posts Member
    Options
    One person in my guild have had info about this scandal and had been able to collect handred and more salvages.
  • Options
    Tomek wrote: »
    One person in my guild have had info about this scandal and had been able to collect handred and more salvages.

I know a guy who precrafted 500 droid callers, 300 furnaces and 1 nubian tech
  • Options
    Riggin12 wrote: »
    Sir_Whooty wrote: »
    Jakkal wrote: »
    I think this issue is still horrible and affect us big time. For example in my Arena top 10 there are teams with 39000 power and all gear 10/11, while I'm still struggling to get all my arena toons to gear 9 and yes I do Heroic.

It's like that in my shard, but there's a wall now around 40 of gear 10 and 11 toons. I don't think that's precrafting as much as people buying gear with crystals and in the raid shop.

Thread is full of people doing T6s whining about "pre craft" gear when 99.99% was obtained exactly as you describe.

You have no basis for your claim, and holding the developers accountable to their public commitments is not whining.

People have no basis to prove precrafting has
    CronozNL wrote: »
    On average most people pre crafted 5 droid callers. Thats the issue most. Droid callers are a b* to get and you need a lot of them..

5 million people play this game easily.

You think over 2.5 million people pre crafted 5 callers?

You crazy.

Also I've seen callers drop more than anything else. I've gotten 150 salvage and one full caller so far.

I never stated 50% or 2.5 mill players precrafted. Read and try again.

The people that did precraft on average got around 5 droidcallers. No idea where you got those numbers from but it's not me.

You used the word "most", as in "most people precrafted."

Most implies >50%
  • Options

Thread is full of people doing T6s whining about "pre craft" gear when 99.99% was obtained exactly as you describe.

You have no basis for your claim, and holding the developers accountable to their public commitments is not whining.

Of course he does, slickdealer is notorious for pretending he knows what heroic raids are like, so he's well versed in sitting around in T6 and internet bragging about how many raid pieces he's got.
  • Options
    CatoNines wrote: »
    The "pre-crafter" whining has got to be the most entertaining thing about these forums.
    According to the whiners, people who "pre-crafted" were somehow omniscient, God-like beings who had powers that no one else in the Universe could possibly have had without being given Gifts from Heaven.
    Epic reading comprehension fail, thanks for keeping up your posting history trend CatoNines!
    Everyone who played at the same time had EXACTLY the same options.

By definition of what occurred, literally not true. Facts suck huh?
  • Options
    The problems in this game is that EA has success when players are in turmoil so I don't expect them to resolve this very soon. I imagine they'll eventually open a door for players to finally get their gear down the road but by then, you'll have bigger issues they'll once again capitalize on....Play free is all I can say....
  • Big_Boss
    2326 posts Member
    Options
    Guys let it go Already its not a bog deal anymore
  • LordRath
    1032 posts Member
    Options
    On average most people pre crafted 5 droid callers. Thats the issue most. Droid callers are a b* to get and you need a lot of them..

You crazy.

Also I've seen callers drop more than anything else. I've gotten 150 salvage and one full caller so far.

The people that did precraft on average got around 5 droidcallers. No idea where you got those numbers from but it's not me.

Where did you get data to back up the 5 droidcallers per precrafter? Does anyone have real data on this? I would also be curious as to real numbers on what percentage of the player base precrafted, and how that compares to how the general population has capitalized on purchased furnaces and raid dropped gear. I certainly don't have the data, I'm guessing only CG does, and they will base an actions, if warranted on this.

Anecdotally, I didn't precraft, am #1 on my shard at arena payout, and am top 5 in a guild doing T7 raids. I do buy furnaces when they show up, but save all my guild currency for gear, not new characters. I'm not saying other people have not had bad luck or lack of opportunity, or what ever may effect their progression.
  • Riggin12
    129 posts Member
    Options
    Opusone wrote: »

You crazy.

Where did you get data to back up the 5 droidcallers per precrafter? Does anyone have real data on this? I would also be curious as to real numbers on what percentage of the player base precrafted, and how that compares to how the general population has capitalized on purchased furnaces and raid dropped gear. I certainly don't have the data, I'm guessing only CG does, and they will base an actions, if warranted on this.

Anecdotally, I didn't precraft, am #1 on my shard at arena payout, and am top 5 in a guild doing T7 raids. I do buy furnaces when they show up, but save all my guild currency for gear, not new characters. I'm not saying other people have not had bad luck or lack of opportunity, or what ever may effect their progression.

You are right that we don't have any reliable data. Anecdotally, we know that some people were able to accelerate advancement with precrafting and that some have been unable to bridge the gap to g9 without having precrafted. The main issue raised by the original poster is that the developers specifically acknowledged that it is an issue they are considering (along with GW and guild hopping). Those two other issues were addressed in last Friday's update, but precrafting wasn't. Although I'm not sure what would be an appropriate remedy (if any), I would like to know the official response. More generally, I would like to discourage sloppy or ill-considered design decisions such as the ones that created this issue.

By the way, love the screen name; reminds me of the wine (even though it may be a musical reference).
  • Asavanor
    197 posts Member
    Options
    CatoNines wrote: »
    The "pre-crafter" whining has got to be the most entertaining thing about these forums.
    According to the whiners, people who "pre-crafted" were somehow omniscient, God-like beings who had powers that no one else in the Universe could possibly have had without being given Gifts from Heaven.
    The simple fact of the matter is this. Every toon has cute little icons next to it, and they TOLD you, in mind numbing detail, EXACTLY what needed to be farmed in order to gear-up.
    People who farmed and farmed and farmed their silly little heads off aren't magical beings. They just clicked their little fingers off until they got the gear they wanted.
    If you have a problem with the gear you want not being available now, that's fine. But to whine and whine and whine about the people who farmed when YOU chose not to? Very sad.
    "Pre-Crafting" and "Pre-Crafters" aren't the problem.
    Everyone who played at the same time had EXACTLY the same options. I'm 100% FtP and I have some of the gear the whiners whine about every day, but I got it because I farmed my silly little head off to get it.
    In other words? Pi** poor planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on mine."

It had nothing to do with poor planning and everything to do with poor design. You don't change existing gear, you add new gear. Also this thread isn't about attacking pre crafters and no one here is doing so. Rather it is a legitimate complaint against bad game design that has caused a rift in the player base.
  • LordRath
    1032 posts Member
    Options
    Opusone wrote: »

You crazy.

You are right that we don't have any reliable data. Anecdotally, we know that some people were able to accelerate advancement with precrafting and that some have been unable to bridge the gap to g9 without having precrafted. The main issue raised by the original poster is that the developers specifically acknowledged that it is an issue they are considering (along with GW and guild hopping). Those two other issues were addressed in last Friday's update, but precrafting wasn't. Although I'm not sure what would be an appropriate remedy (if any), I would like to know the official response. More generally, I would like to discourage sloppy or ill-considered design decisions such as the ones that created this issue.

By the way, love the screen name; reminds me of the wine (even though it may be a musical reference).

It is a wine reference. Love the wine, and the winery (good food).
  • Asavanor
    197 posts Member
    Options
    Fave wrote: »
    The use of punitive is a little harsh. If someone has 10 callers, clearly he precrafted. My suggestion is to not allow any more pieces or callers given to that player if its determined he precrafted until players can match that up to 60-80%. I'm in the same boat. I've only been able to make 2 callers.

I don't think stalling the progress of someone who pre crafted is the answer. Rather, someway has to be devised to create more opportunities for those of us left behind to catch up on gear in a reasonable time period while simultaneously giving everyone new gear to strive towards.
  • Asavanor
    197 posts Member
    Options
    The gear gap that began with pre crafting has been increased with poor raid reward design, guild hopping and other exploits to increase raids completed. The entire gear system has been thoroughly destroyed because of all this. The only equitable answer now would be to remove all raid only salvage requirements from all current gear to allow everyone to catch up to tier 11 in a reasonable time period. Meanwhile, release tier 12 as the new raid only tier. Fix the problems with raid rewards, guild hopping, etc. And set the player base on a new gear race towards a brand new tier on a leveled playing field. This would also please those who have maxed out most of their characters gear by giving them something new to strive for without raising the level cap prematurely.
  • Snake2
    1455 posts Member
    Options
    I think focusing on pre crafting is a mistake. That issue is beyond over. No matter how much of a travesty if of justice you think it was, it's too late to do anything about now.

The problem that exists now is t5, t6 gear drops. That's what keeps widening the gap. When your guild makes it to heroic, the floodgates open. Before that it's definitely a trickle.

Focus on current issues that have a chance to be fixed. Don't obsess over the past. My $0.02.
  • Options
    Snake2 wrote: »
    When your guild makes it to heroic, the floodgates open. Before that it's definitely a trickle.

Friend, if your expectation is a floodgate opening... I'm sorry for you in advance.

• Paxus
    60 posts Member
    Options
    When your guild makes it to heroic, the floodgates open. Before that it's definitely a trickle.

Friend, if your expectation is a floodgate opening... I'm sorry for you in advance.

Haha. Yeah.

As for the general topic: what do people assume the solution will be? Any freebies given out to the community will also be given to "pre crafters." Maybe, just maybe, the gap will narrow for everyone. More likely the pre crafters will maintain an advantage as they improve new toons or discover old toons are good at high gear levels.

So what exactly is the solution? What do people want to see happen?
  • Asavanor
    197 posts Member
    Options
    Paxus wrote: »

Haha. Yeah.

As for the general topic: what do people assume the solution will be? Any freebies given out to the community will also be given to "pre crafters." Maybe, just maybe, the gap will narrow for everyone. More likely the pre crafters will maintain an advantage as they improve new toons or discover old toons are good at high gear levels.

Here is the solution. No freebies.

Rather, remove all raid only salvage from all current gear tiers so that everyone can farm their characters to tier 11 through normal modes.

Then release tier 12 as the new raid only tier of gear. Fix all the current raid issues, such as poor reward system, guild hopping, etc. With everyone on equal footing, the race for tier 12 can begin in earnest. This solution would also give new content for those with all maxed characters to pursue.
  • MBL_66
    2465 posts Member
    Options
    Asavanor wrote: »

Haha. Yeah.

Rather, remove all raid only salvage from all current gear tiers so that everyone can farm their characters to tier 11 through normal modes.

Then release tier 12 as the new raid only tier of gear. Fix all the current raid issues, such as poor reward system, guild hopping, etc. With everyone on equal footing, the race for tier 12 can begin in earnest. This solution would also give new content for those with all maxed characters to pursue.

That would not sit well with players like myself that have spent lots of money to buy furnaces and will lead to a huge demand in refunds, probably just as big if not bigger than the Barriss nerf. There really is no perfect solution, the damage was done.
  • papnwors
    749 posts Member
    Options

Haha. Yeah.

I like this idea, actually the best solution so far.
  • Asavanor
    197 posts Member
    Options

Haha. Yeah.

That would not sit well with players like myself that have spent lots of money to buy furnaces and will lead to a huge demand in refunds, probably just as big if not bigger than the Barriss nerf. There really is no perfect solution, the damage was done.

You would retain the advantage of those paid for furnaces for as long as it takes to farm that gear through normal means. It's easily the best solution to create a level playing field again. And you would be well prepared with those extra gear to get raiding for tier 12.
  • Mikassa
    42 posts Member
    Options
    I wouldn't mind if they just added all the raid gear to shipments, and just made them as rare as the furnaces to not be out of control. I don't mind spending a little money to support the game. If I could buy the four droid callers I really need I would very happy. I could wait to farm the rest from the T7 raids, however long that would take.
  • ShaolinPunk
    3486 posts Moderator
    Options
    I missed the announcement-hurry-up-and-craft-before-the-patch-hits opportunity that people refer to as "pre-crafting" which is a funny choice of term. Anyway, yeah I missed out, even though I was on the forums that day. Am I mad I missed it? Yeah! Is it "their" fault? Not at all. Even with the opportunity, I might have had enough salvage to make one piece, which would give me an edge on the competition for how long.....a day? And this gets to the crux for me.

The more time has passed, the less of an issue it is. People are gearing up still. The gear wall is simply crystals. I want it to come down a bit too, and have started feedback threads requesting higher gear rewards for the Challenges. That's one idea I had after thinking about the issue. I'm speculating in what follows: there can be no action taken that would bring "fairness" to the crowd that wants some sort of 'restitution' for what they believe they didn't get that they somehow expected or 'deserved' to have.

This game gets new content and patches all the time. You have to embrace change! Some patches might help your account, some might feel they 'set it back' a little (like when the level cap goes up). We can't play dumb AND have expectations in the same career.

Just saying, you can pick a scab forever, or you can let it heal.
    **Please tag me (@ShaolinPunk) if you need assistance.** My Collection. . My Poll.. Ally Code: 332-622-913 Discord: shaolin_punk#2107
  • Asavanor
    197 posts Member
    Options
    Mikassa wrote: »
    I wouldn't mind if they just added all the raid gear to shipments, and just made them as rare as the furnaces to not be out of control. I don't mind spending a little money to support the game. If I could buy the four droid callers I really need I would very happy. I could wait to farm the rest from the T7 raids, however long that would take.

Gear is weighted too heavily to have to rely on terrible RNG luck.
  • MBL_66
    2465 posts Member
    Options

Haha. Yeah.

You would retain the advantage of those paid for furnaces for as long as it takes to farm that gear through normal means. It's easily the best solution to create a level playing field again. And you would be well prepared with those extra gear to get raiding for tier 12.

No, the only reason I paid for them was because they couldn't be farmed. If I only was going to get a short term advantage I wouldn't have bought as many as I did.
  • Asavanor
    197 posts Member
    Options
    I missed the announcement-hurry-up-and-craft-before-the-patch-hits opportunity that people refer to as "pre-crafting" which is a funny choice of term. Anyway, yeah I missed out, even though I was on the forums that day. Am I mad I missed it? Yeah! Is it "their" fault? Not at all. Even with the opportunity, I might have had enough salvage to make one piece, which would give me an edge on the competition for how long.....a day? And this gets to the crux for me.

The more time has passed, the less of an issue it is. People are gearing up still. The gear wall is simply crystals. I want it to come down a bit too, and have started feedback threads requesting higher gear rewards for the Challenges. That's one idea I had after thinking about the issue. I'm speculating in what follows: there can be no action taken that would bring "fairness" to the crowd that wants some sort of 'restitution' for what they believe they didn't get that they somehow expected or 'deserved' to have.

This game gets new content and patches all the time. You have to embrace change! Some patches might help your account, some might feel they 'set it back' a little (like when the level cap goes up). We can't play dumb AND have expectations in the same career.

I'm recommending new content. Make tier 12 the new raid only gear.

Along with this new content create easy avenues for people to catch up to tier 11 in a reasonable amount of time so all can enjoy the new race for tier 12.

No handouts, no restitution, simple update along with new gear for all to pursue. Seems like a win win to me.
  • Snake2
    1455 posts Member
    Options

Everything is relatively speaking of course. My guild is already doing heroics, so I have no expectation, only experience.
  • Asavanor
    197 posts Member
    Options

Along with this new content create easy avenues for people to catch up to tier 11 in a reasonable amount of time so all can enjoy the new race for tier 12.

No handouts, no restitution, simple update along with new gear for all to pursue. Seems like a win win to me.

Haha. Yeah.

No, the only reason I paid for them was because they couldn't be farmed. If I only was going to get a short term advantage I wouldn't have bought as many as I did.

People just paid for Leia and she is about to be free. It's the name of the game.
  • ShaolinPunk
    3486 posts Moderator
    Options

I think that's the direction they'll go. We'll get new content, and just like with heroes that get passed from chromium to other shops, gear pieces might start showing up in shipments, who knows? Again I'm speculating. But I really think the whole "pre-craft" argument needs to be let go. It just gets us nowhere and focuses on a negative, that (in my last reply) just isn't going to go anywhere.
    **Please tag me (@ShaolinPunk) if you need assistance.** My Collection. . My Poll.. Ally Code: 332-622-913 Discord: shaolin_punk#2107
  • Mikassa
    42 posts Member
    Options
    Mikassa wrote: »

Gear is weighted too heavily to have to rely on terrible RNG luck.

I totallly agree about gear. However since the furnaces were released in shipments I have been able to buy 8 of them, and that was without doing any store refreshes. At those odds, I would see a droid caller or scanner for sure. The T7 raids aren't helping, when all I get is the furnaces and furnace salvage. Now I have more furnaces than characters that need them, but stuck on all the others. After 7 T7 raids, I have just gotten 25 droid caller salvage and 25 scanner salvage. At least if shipments had them that would be two places to get a chance at good RNG instead of just the raid.
  • MBL_66
    2465 posts Member
    Options

Haha. Yeah.

People just paid for Leia and she is about to be free. It's the name of the game.

It is an entirely different situation. It's a well known fact that chrome and auro characters will eventually become f2p, there has been no indication that any raid gear will be changed in any way.