Poe Dameron is too powerful in Squad Arena. Nerf in the coming update?

Replies

• Options
    Lol i kinda enjoy this its funny to me because all of you are getting defensive and nit picking on little things to try and take attention from the fact that I have proved people wrong in every way
  • Options
    @sephiroth198900
    You think its funny but what you dont realise is everyone else thinks its hilarious you carrying on about something you know absolutely zero about with 7 year old grammar,and thinking you 'proved everyone wrong'

The comments you have posted make it obvious you are some lv50 with a chewbacca leader that has no idea about the end game meta.

Since the video didnt make it obvious to you, i will try simplify things

Poe goes first. Poe removes 25%turn meter from all your toons and exposes. All 4 of their toons attack(since yours are slowed) taking out 2-3 of yours, making it a 5v3/5v2 BEFORE YOU GET TO ACT. Forget about the taunt, that is game over right there, the difference in dps of the squads is far too much to even it up.

Counters?
    A Poe of your own. In which case it becomes "Which Poe moves first"and players pray for RNG.Great game

• Options
    Lmao poe was the third person to go
  • Options
    And sidious is my leader lmao
  • Options
    14 Moves before your turn? That is the most unrealistic exaggeration I've seen on here regarding Poe
    Lol seriously Qeltar, 14 Moves? You must be desperate for a Poe nerf
    seriously devs? GW refresh change was a low blow for more $$$
  • Kaat
    41 posts Member
    Options
    @rheen do you really think Poe was the only issue in your video? Because his taunt/expose didn't make any difference. It was just his attack meter reduction. The real issue is the high damage. There are are just too many characters that can 1 shot some one (either through their attack or calling assist). QGJ called FOTP and they hit for over 12k, Geo called on Poe and they hit for like 8k (could have potentially been a lot more if Poe wasn't picked)

Characters like Leah and Rey have the potential to go 1st and can 1 shot people.

If you actually hit the stun on Poe, after Sid attacks, you would have the next 5 attacks and decimated his team.

The problem is the high dmg characters have made the game all about speed and 1st attack.

Nerfing Poe doesn't fix that issue. They need to fix dmg and buff other characters

• Options
    Rheen wrote: »
    I won't say any more--the video says enough.

I laughed :) what more proof there is it's a "whose Poe goes first" than this. Like in CG's previous game Heores of Dragon Age "whose Merrill goest first" all over again. Just check this video:

http://forums.capitalgames.com/forum/heroes-of-dragon-age/the-battlefield-pvp-and-events/70820-best-f2p-team-in-hoda?p=1852078#post1852078

and then HoDA allowed same units to be in a team. Imagine 2 or more Poe in your arena team? :)
    ʕっ•ᴥ•ʔっ ︵ DOE
  • Options
    Poe isn't the main issue here, it's overall game balance IMO. Poe just makes the current issue of speed and damage toons 1-shoting people more prevalent then it already was.
  • Options
    Lmao all of the complaints are null first off it was because poe moves so fast he can't be countered then it became poe made a team attack 14 times consecutively and now it's Poe is just too hard to counter it has changed 3 times check it out it's all here
  • Options
    Poe isn't the main issue here, it's overall game balance IMO. Poe just makes the current issue of speed and damage toons 1-shoting people more prevalent then it already was.

Wish damage and heath pools were more balanced, indeed.

Damage is too high for character hp. And armor/resistance is pretty useless, what's 150 armor in the face of 5k damage or more? What is the point for this stat to even exist?
    ʕっ•ᴥ•ʔっ ︵ DOE
  • Options
    But I will agree with you guys because if action has to be taken just drop everyone's attack power everyone in the game lol
  • Options
    Wait wasn't there past issues with fights taking too long and wasn't attack increased am I crazy or is there a pattern here
  • Rheen
    269 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Kaat wrote: »
    @rheen do you really think Poe was the only issue in your video? Because his taunt/expose didn't make any difference. It was just his attack meter reduction. The real issue is the high damage. There are are just too many characters that can 1 shot some one (either through their attack or calling assist). QGJ called FOTP and they hit for over 12k, Geo called on Poe and they hit for like 8k (could have potentially been a lot more if Poe wasn't picked)

Characters like Leah and Rey have the potential to go 1st and can 1 shot people.

If you actually hit the stun on Poe, after Sid attacks, you would have the next 5 attacks and decimated his team.

The problem is the high dmg characters have made the game all about speed and 1st attack.

Nerfing Poe doesn't fix that issue. They need to fix dmg and buff other characters

You are absolutely right. Poe's abilities seem 10x more game-breaking because of the state of high burst damage in the game right now. If battles lasted longer, who goes first would matter much less.

But in the current state where the battle is decided by the first several actions, Poe makes or breaks a match.

Poe simply magnifies the larger issue of dmg vs health that has been raised before.
    Guide to Beating Galactic War from Team Instinct
    TeamInstinct.net -- Community Site and Home to Team Instinct
  • Options
    Wait wasn't there past issues with fights taking too long and wasn't attack increased am I crazy or is there a pattern here

You are crazy. :p
  • Options
    Lol ok honestly I think maybe defense should just be increased because that light/dark side table is pretty hard I'd hate to see it if attack was dropped from what I can tell defense/armor have very little value
  • Options
    finally, people begin to think poe is a problem. I am "crying for" a fix on poe is not because I don't invest on Poe(my Poe is 6*almost 7 with level 8 gear), or I suck in the game(I concede that I am not the first in my server, but when i first posted this thread, I am level 60 and always rank top five in my server, Now I am level 63 and still rank top five in my server
  • Options
    Fantazy wrote: »

Wish damage and heath pools were more balanced, indeed.

Damage is too high for character hp. And armor/resistance is pretty useless, what's 150 armor in the face of 5k damage or more? What is the point for this stat to even exist?

Indeed. I just did a Sid AoE and got two chars dead, one exposed. I think speed is pretty broken if you give speedy toons heavy dps, assist and large HP pools.

Yeah I can win, by getting the same setup....

image.jpg
  • J7000
    2059 posts Member
    Options
    SeroZero wrote: »
    @SlyGambit and others

Firstly the opponent I'm fighting is Panic, who runs one of the strongest defensive teams in softie arena. (sorry Panic, leaked ur OP setup, but update 70 is coming soon and Meta will change). He is someone who manages to stay within top20 even after his arena cutoff simply because the chances of besting him is extremely low, and after awhile, that setup of his proved so trippy, people avoid fighting him completely. For me, I would give myself a 60-70% win rate at best against him.

Of cos many things could've gone wrong. But I'm just showing how my usual freebie pvp team could make a dent on poe too.

Speed related matters in this game is a RNG game. Characters with small speed difference from another can actually act faster at times. So speed numbers ain't definite, but of cos some units with huge speed advantage like dooku always goes first.

I've been pairing poggle and sid for a long time now, they actually have a 50/50 chance of either acting first, I like those chances and they are both great characters.

Of cos I got lucky with poe only exposing 2 of my characters, but we could also say he got lucky for not getting all of his units stunned or skill blocked by datcha. We can do the "game of ifs" till the cows come home. But we have to accept the fact that this game is still pretty much RNG based, and this video simply showed a possibility of 7* high tiered pvp teams with poe being defeatable by a run off the mill pvp setup.

In simple terms, get a hard hitting one-shot/assist character like 86, Luke, geno soldier, FOTP. And poe can go down. If not, build a setup where you can kill off aoe units that act after poe's expose.

Get a poe, pick an aoe character highly likely to act right after poe, and you get a really powerful setup. And hope RNG is with you during expose and dooku doesn't lightning stun or old daka doesn't grab him by the nuts.

So many things can go wrong or right. How you build your setup to increase chances of things going your way is the strategy here.

Once POE achieves 143 speed that will never happen again as he'll be a turn 7 toon. Poggle an 8. Just saying.
  • sephiroth198900
    221 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    First no one is agreeing to nerf poe you stand alone at the moment we are on to real issues. This is what I think characters with characters that have high attack and speed but little hp so the speed and damage are not a problem but let's say I do put Chewbacca as my leader that extra defense ability makes no difference the defense up buff does nothing except give mace a power boost and even tanks go down relatively fast some I believe the real issue is defense/armor
  • Options
    It's not Poe that needs nerfing. It's the fact that battles are won in the first 10 seconds of every match. It makes no sense that every arena battle I do at lvl 64 lasts a total of 2 rounds. The high DPSers do waaaaay too much damage. You shouldn't be able to one shot everyone. When my sid and ig88 attack they normally kill 1-2 with their aoes and everyone else is near dead. This makes no sense.

This is coming from someone who has been ranked first 95% of days since mid December.
  • Options
    It's not Poe that needs nerfing. It's the fact that battles are won in the first 10 seconds of every match. It makes no sense that every arena battle I do at lvl 64 lasts a total of 2 rounds. The high DPSers do waaaaay too much damage. You shouldn't be able to one shot everyone. When my sid and ig88 attack they normally kill 1-2 with their aoes and everyone else is near dead. This makes no sense.

This is coming from someone who has been ranked first 95% of days since mid December.

Well in Summoners War...battles are won in 5 seconds.
  • Options

I agree with u. And poe is the reason why we can finish a battle in 5 seconds. Without Poe's taunt and meter reduction, glass cannons will be wiped out immediately by AI.

• Options
    lawlearner wrote: »

I agree with u. And poe is the reason why we can finish a battle in 5 seconds. Without Poe's taunt and meter reduction, glass cannons will be wiped out immediately by AI.

Can Poes turn meter reduction be resisted? I know the expose can be but not sure for the meter.
  • Options
    NO, IT CAN'T
  • Options
    Wow awesome! I think we should all take a break. Come back next year when there are more heroes and more solutions to stuff.
  • Options
    NO, IT CAN'T

Oh man. You're going to be Poe if you don't focus on graduating. Once you've reached your POEtential and are making a good living, then you can be concerned with POE.
  • Options
    1. Poe is too important in Arena. In a battle where two teams have same battle rating, the team whose poe moves first wins. His exposed debuff is not strong, but his turn meter remove is too powerful. It could make almost the whole team move before their enemies. This could really effect a lot. The arena battle with 2 same lvl poes become a battle decided by luck. A team without Poe?=> joke.
    2. When characters who have AOE moves are taunted, they most likely use their single target attack during the taunted period. This mechanism is fatal in defense mode for teams using AOE strategy. They could easily defeated cause their AOE skills won`t be used in battle for several rounds when taunted.

I`m a rank 1 player in my server. Those are 2 problems I found in this game right now. Please discuss harmoniously. And don`t mind if I make some errors in using English. :)
  • Options
    sounds like you lost to a Poe team... i have no trouble killing Poe's - you need to work on your big hitters, take him down faster
  • Options
    antooki wrote: »
    sounds like you lost to a Poe team... i have no trouble killing Poe's - you need to work on your big hitters, take him down faster
    :) I also have poe 7* fully equipped. And I have a lot of other 7* purple characters. But I just found in Arena now Poe plays a big part, Like the Old Ben before. So they need some change in this, not nerf, to allow more strategy.

• Options
    NO, IT CAN'T

Oh man. You're going to be Poe if you don't focus on graduating. Once you've reached your POEtential and are making a good living, then you can be concerned with POE.
    graduating? :D I do busy writing my paper.