Poe Dameron is too powerful in Squad Arena. Nerf in the coming update?

Replies

• Options
    Rheen wrote: »

Because of his turn meter manipulation, he allows his team to go ahead of the other team, even if the characters are slower. Because of the current state of damage in the game, this often decides the match.

Sometimes your guys or your Poe will get to go before their Poe. Sometimes they won't.

I think what people are feeling is that too much of the outcome is decided by RNG. Here is a an example of what I mean. I put Dooku and some other fast characters in as an example of what people have been calling for as a "solution" to Poe. All of these characters that I used have a chance of going before Poe, except for Qui Gon Jin, who people claim is the ultimate counter to Poe because he "can" dispel Poe's taunt.

I won't say any more--the video says enough.

The problem here is not Poe but that Qui-gon and Fotp combo that dealt 13k damage. Holy crap. That would bring even Barris down in one go. Instead of changing Poe, fix all those ridiculous damage dealers.

• Options
    meanpride wrote: »
    Rheen wrote: »

Because of his turn meter manipulation, he allows his team to go ahead of the other team, even if the characters are slower. Because of the current state of damage in the game, this often decides the match.

Sometimes your guys or your Poe will get to go before their Poe. Sometimes they won't.

I think what people are feeling is that too much of the outcome is decided by RNG. Here is a an example of what I mean. I put Dooku and some other fast characters in as an example of what people have been calling for as a "solution" to Poe. All of these characters that I used have a chance of going before Poe, except for Qui Gon Jin, who people claim is the ultimate counter to Poe because he "can" dispel Poe's taunt.

I won't say any more--the video says enough.

The problem here is not Poe but that Qui-gon and Fotp combo that dealt 13k damage. Holy crap. That would bring even Barris down in one go. Instead of changing Poe, fix all those ridiculous damage dealers.

Hope everyone looks this viedeo.
  • Options
    The problem is indeed not Poe, problem is FotP and Leia. Said this myself a few times as well but as long as FotP or Leia can one shot Barriss, this game is broken.
    Why did Barriss get a nerf again? Because she could heal to full once every 5 turns. Now we have a toon that can 1 shot other toons and sometimes multiple in 1 round.
    Ye Barriss definately needed that nerf... lol
    And this sephiroth198900 can't be taken serious with his Ewok scout and Chewbacca team...
    439-259-888 I have a bad habit of editing my typo's after posting
  • Options
    CronozNL wrote: »
    The problem is indeed not Poe, problem is FotP and Leia. Said this myself a few times as well but as long as FotP or Leia can one shot Barriss, this game is broken.
    Why did Barriss get a nerf again? Because she could heal to full once every 5 turns. Now we have a toon that can 1 shot other toons and sometimes multiple in 1 round.
    And this sephiroth198900 can't be taken serious with his Ewok scout and Chewbacca team...

I agree with u. Of course these"1 shot" characters are problems. I never say poe is the ONLY problem. However, without Poe's taunt and meters reduction, these "1 shot" characters can be easily wiped out by AI or players.
  • Options
    The problem isn't poe himself, the real problems in this game are TURN METER MANIPULATION and DAMAGE..
    These 2 stats have huge impact on the game at the point we can say that these 2 things are the only stats that matter in gameplay(tenacity, armor, evasion.. all crap).. I'm playing this game since late november as free to player, and now i'm 62 but i think this game is walking toward a wrong direction about game-balancing..
    I really hope the Devs can fix this.. Again, it's not Poe OP, the problems are Damage and Speed ..
    (sorry for my english, but can you see the point?)
  • Options
    @ilyanor
    You are right but that's also a thing with Poe, if he taunts he removes (20%?) of the enemies turn meter which means the entire enemy team goes first.
    No other tanks are as "good" as Poe is and if this is the new meta it will mean matches are decided within the first 15 seconds. I don't have a problem with this if it is intended but I highly doubt it is.
    FotP shooting a 16-17k hp Barriss is broken (that's just my opinion tho).
  • Options
    To give a small example comparing chewie to Poe:

Poe taunts 2 turns, chewie 1. Poe affects every enemy turn meter, chewie has a chance to remove some on his auto attack.
    Poe taunts and weakens opponents, chewie taunts and has a chance on health increase.
    Poe has a passive on his auto attack to reduce enemy damage, chewie has a heal for 30% of his hp.

If you compare it to Mace Windu or Savage Opress it's even more sad and Poe becomes stronger compared to the others.
  • Options
    To give a small example comparing chewie to Poe:

Poe taunts 2 turns, chewie 1. Poe affects every enemy turn meter, chewie has a chance to remove some on his auto attack.
    Poe taunts and weakens opponents, chewie taunts and has a chance on health increase.
    Poe has a passive on his auto attack to reduce enemy damage, chewie has a heal for 30% of his hp.

If you compare it to Mace Windu or Savage Opress it's even more sad and Poe becomes stronger compared to the others.

Opress and Windu are different tanks so comparing non-taunt ones with a taunt one is not the way to go. However I do think that if Poe's skillset (expose+taunt+turn-meter+offense down+high tenacity) is to be kept it is much more suited to a non-taunt tank.

So my suggestion would be either make turn-meter reduction resistible, or keep Poe's everything the same but make the taunt chance based (40% seems fair), so that even when he goes first unless he taunts it is not an auto-win (the 40% is due to Dooku stun chance/Daka stun chance).
  • Options
    @Heronmar
    That's thinking about a solution in the right direction, I like it and I agree!
    You are also right that you can't compare tanks this way (especially the ones that don't have taunt). Poe seems like the only viable "tank" atm and is being overused in the current meta.
  • Triqui
    2790 posts Member
    Options
    Lol like I said let's see so actual factual proof give me a video of how poe is op and I will jump on the nerf poe bandwagon

Haven't you seen a Poe go first, taunt, then the whole team move ahead and clean the board? That's weird, it happens all the time.
    What level you are? How is your arena top?
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    SlyBeats wrote: »
    14 Moves before your turn? That is the most unrealistic exaggeration I've seen on here regarding Poe
    Lol seriously Qeltar, 14 Moves? You must be desperate for a Poe nerf

14 moves/attacks, including multiple attacks and procs. I counted it. Twice. This was in GW and was easily repeatable. The fight was over before I got my first move.
    And yes, the problem is not just Poe (who is 100% broken, period) but the entire "speed matters over all else" and excess DPS relative to health pools: https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/5254/the-real-problems-with-the-current-meta-too-many-consecutive-attacks-and-too-much-damage
    No turn meter manipulation should be possible in the first round of a match. And speed disparities are too large right now: you have some characters that can go twice as often as others, but the slow ones are not twice as damaging to compensate. In fact, some of the fastest characters also do the most damage.
    I am hopeful they are working on a complete rebalance for the next update.
    Quit 7/14/16. Best of luck to all of you.
  • Options
    The only teams i have a hard time with is the Poe teams. Removing his resist would also help. Everyone talking about either stunning or debuffing him as a strategy has never tried to stun or debuff Poe. He resistes 9/10 times and gain healt everytime he does so.
  • Options
    @jpiish
    The only one fast enough to stun is Dooku. After that you have 0 stun/ability block left so yeah if Poe taunts it's gg. Only counter is get him yourself and hope you get to taunt first or be extremely lucky if Dooku stuns him with Lightning.
  • Options
    I said this one month ago when barriss nerf punch me in my face. Who cares heal to full when there are toons that can one shot ppl lol?
  • SlyGambit
    1246 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    @jpiish
    The only one fast enough to stun is Dooku. After that you have 0 stun/ability block left so yeah if Poe taunts it's gg. Only counter is get him yourself and hope you get to taunt first or be extremely lucky if Dooku stuns him with Lightning.

FWIW for the first time yesterday I beat our #1 Poe team without my Poe going first.

His: Sid/Qui Gon/Poe/FOTP/Fifth Guy who he changes and now I can't remember but pretty sure it was Eeth. All level 64 7* etc.
    Mine: Sid/Lumi/Poe/Poggle/IG-86. Level 62 and 7*-5*

His Poe went first and exposed only one of my chars, my Sid health-immuned his Qui Gon, his Qui Gon went and missed but the assist called in and killed my Sid. My Poe went and exposed 2 of his guys, then Poggle, Lumi and IG-86 had their turns and took out FOTP. Poe got wiped out by his random fifth guy but I was able to get out 2 of his chars the next round w/o losing any more of mine because the AI decided not to focus fire for a change.

Came down to his fifth guy, my nearly dead Lumi, and my 2/3 full Poggle. The AI decided to attack my Poggle. So I took him out with Lumi/Poggle and game over.

Only time in ~6 battles with him since he got Poe that the battle wasn't decided by who's Poe went first.

I imagine since he has Qui Gon when he attacks me the need for Poe to go first is lessened since if mine goes first then Qui Gon cam remove Poe's taunt seemingly 100% of the time and gives him the offense up to go with it. He was around 25k and I'm around 22k as he has 2 levels higher.

But it is pretty comical that 80-90% of the time the match is decided by who's Poe goes first. The rest of the time it's whether or not Qui Gon calls someone else or calls FOTP when he makes his assist call. If he calls FOTP, essentially letting him wipe out any of my characters in the opening moves, that ends the match too.
  • Options
    I'm thinking that the meter manipulation should be resistable. Poe's description is to turn the match but the AI uses him as a pawn, sacrificing him for your pieces. I'd be happy if that was what they did. Also, AI should be better. It is routine for us to be able to snipe people 3K= higher in power. I was in #38 this weekend and now I'm back to where I should be with this iteration which is around #99.
    ☮ Consular ☮ Many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view. -Ben Kenobi
  • Options
    Lol I'm willing to bet money that if people started using the synergy system and using their brains bringing in new teams it would make things a lot different. There are lots of fast charters and with the right leader ability they can be even faster. The are lots of people with stealth and with the right leader ability it can be more effective. There are plenty of evasive charters and with the right leader ability it can be better there are more than just high damage teams and ways to beat them
  • Wispsi
    255 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    SlyGambit wrote: »
    @jpiish

FWIW for the first time yesterday I beat our #1 Poe team without my Poe going first.

His: Sid/Qui Gon/Poe/FOTP/Fifth Guy who he changes and now I can't remember but pretty sure it was Eeth. All level 64 7* etc.
    Mine: Sid/Lumi/Poe/Poggle/IG-86. Level 62 and 7*-5*

His Poe went first and exposed only one of my chars, my Sid health-immuned his Qui Gon, his Qui Gon went and missed but the assist called in and killed my Sid. My Poe went and exposed 2 of his guys, then Poggle, Lumi and IG-86 had their turns and took out FOTP. Poe got wiped out by his random fifth guy but I was able to get out 2 of his chars the next round w/o losing any more of mine because the AI decided not to focus fire for a change.

Came down to his fifth guy, my nearly dead Lumi, and my 2/3 full Poggle. The AI decided to attack my Poggle. So I took him out with Lumi/Poggle and game over.

Only time in ~6 battles with him since he got Poe that the battle wasn't decided by who's Poe went first.

I imagine since he has Qui Gon when he attacks me the need for Poe to go first is lessened since if mine goes first then Qui Gon cam remove Poe's taunt seemingly 100% of the time and gives him the offense up to go with it. He was around 25k and I'm around 22k as he has 2 levels higher.

But it is pretty comical that 80-90% of the time the match is decided by who's Poe goes first. The rest of the time it's whether or not Qui Gon calls someone else or calls FOTP when he makes his assist call. If he calls FOTP, essentially letting him wipe out any of my characters in the opening moves, that ends the match too.

I don't even understand how that fight is possible Oo.

His Poe went first...then immediately after your Sid did before a qui gon? (I dunno I haven't done the math tbh is Sid really so fast he can lose 200 turn points and still go second? I guess it seems possible the guy does have a lot of speed points each turn, maybe he overcaps it and then goes on round 8 with the extra points) then your Poe goes(so I do t understand this one, I'm fairly sure Poe should be on turn 7 1001 points or something so to lose 200 points and move back up by 143 should still not be back on 1000 by round 8 yet his Sid did not go before your Poe? So confused...must admit though I don't know how fast eeth is, why is he even using him and not geo or rey?) (folllwed by the rest of your team, which apparently his taunt did not get to do for him??) and you manage to kill his Poe (because he is taunting right) and fotp with lumi and ig86? As I am assuming poggle buffed...and i know he adds damage but that means your lumi and ig86 both oneshot guys with tank (even if low end of tanks still in like top 3rd of characters) health? Those 2 exposes were on the perfect 2 targets I guess and one of them hit a guy with over 100% tenacity that's pretty lucky?

But yeah with this terrible ai (although obviously it works better for teams that usually oneshot and have specials that benefit from being used turn 1) and a large amount of luck you can win anything...but it basically sounds like you won because even though his Poe went first, your Poe went after only one of his guys attacked (who missed...and still killed a guy rofl) and then you got to use all the rest of your team before his due to that. Followed by additional luck because the ai is really really bad...

I dunno I haven't all these people I am f2p and can only know what I've seen enemy teams I meet in arena and GW can do but if that is how you win with their Poe going first, crazy amounts of luck, bad ai and your Poe (so whilst it's not whose Poe goes first, the Poe is still the key bit of the recovery lol) pulling out a miracle manoeuvre that goes against all I have seen from using Poe myself (it is pretty rare for enemies to get to go before any of my team ify taunt goes first) then it is probably not balanced and fair character :)
  • Options
    Lol I'm willing to bet money that if people started using the synergy system and using their brains bringing in new teams it would make things a lot different. There are lots of fast charters and with the right leader ability they can be even faster. The are lots of people with stealth and with the right leader ability it can be more effective. There are plenty of evasive charters and with the right leader ability it can be better there are more than just high damage teams and ways to beat them

Go learn some game mechanics first Plx. I don't know everything but you have not even brushed up on the very basics and then make comments which make zero sense at all..the amount of people laughing at you probably numbers close to the amount of people who have read this thread.
  • Options
    Wispsi wrote: »
    His Poe went first...then immediately after your Sid did before a qui gon? (I dunno I haven't done the math tbh is Sid really so fast he can lose 200 turn points and still go second? I guess it seems possible the guy does have a lot of speed points each turn, maybe he overcaps it and then goes on round 8 with the extra points) then your Poe goes(so I do t understand this one, I'm fairly sure Poe should be on turn 7 1001 points or something so to lose 200 points and move back up by 143 should still not be back on 1000 by round 8 yet his Sid did not go before your Poe? So confused...must admit though I don't know how fast eeth is, why is he even using him and not geo or rey?) (folllwed by the rest of your team, which apparently his taunt did not get to do for him??) and you manage to kill his Poe (because he is taunting right) and fotp with lumi and ig86? As I am assuming poggle buffed...and i know he adds damage but that means your lumi and ig86 both oneshot guys with tank (even if low end of tanks still in like top 3rd of characters) health? Those 2 exposes were on the perfect 2 targets I guess and one of them hit a guy with over 100% tenacity that's pretty lucky?

RNG was absolutely with me. I've been known to autoplay if his Poe goes first since it takes a small miracle to pull it out.

I assume he had Eeth in their to counter someone elses droid (possibly my 86 but he's took 1 from someone else). He rotates his fifth with Leia, Finn, Aayla etc. Pretty sure Aayla is actually the best of the bunch. He's on the forum somewhere so maybe he'll know. Since he added his Poe and is leveling faster than me I can only beat him ~1/3 of the time. Without Poe and when we were both 60 it was close to 2/3 of the time.

Poggle buffed 7* Lumi crits around 8.5k and its physical damage so as long as I don't aim at Sid it hits pretty regularly. 5* IG-86 crits around 7k and calls in his assist which usually nets another 1.5-2.5k. So while they can't one-shot most tanks they can individually take out just about anybody with an expose on them. Basically a 10k toon with an expose will lose 2k from the expose and ~8k from a crit hit.

Poggle is bai.

The sequence against Qui Gon is that he needs to go before my Poe and my Poggle. If he goes after either of them he almost always grants his squad offense up and a FOTP with offense up is usually end-game.

• Options
    Lol yes I know I'm just a big dummy
  • Options
    Poe by himself doesn't bother me all that much, but he definitely decreases my likelihood of winning.

However, Poe plus Han and three glass cannons give me absolute fits of rage. I am currently working on a counter to this.
  • Time
    293 posts Member
    Options
    Sephiroth198900 what lvl are you?
  • CronozNL
    2869 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    1264f42.png

Start of battle..

19murn.png

20 seconds later, could only do Sid AOE. Poe taunts, his QGJ with FotP assist 1 shots asajj, my FotP 1 shots Poe, Leia kills FotP (buff x2), I force block QGJ for fun and because I already lost anyway, his FotP one shots Lumi (action pic of 2 consecutive hits), Phasma slows me down.. autobattle. Yay "skill" required in a 20 second match is 0. I know I don't have the best team altho I finished 1st today by avoiding such teams. So no I'm not salty but I have to say it has nothing to do with balanced. Unless this is what endgame meta looks like so we can reduce arena timer to 1 min which results in people stop sniping. Can we unnerf Bariss again? Problem is not Poe per se but speedmeta, too much dmg and turnmeter manipulation in general (and broken Leia).

xkqhjm.png
  • Options
    Lol please don't pay me any mind I was just a village **** rambling on about nothing. The only reason I started talking is because I keep seeing so many changes to charters that don't even make sense and I've said my piece I'm just a passive participant as i was before just gonna enjoy the game while i can
  • Time
    293 posts Member
    Options
    Lol please don't pay me any mind I was just a village **** rambling on about nothing. The only reason I started talking is because I keep seeing so many changes to charters that don't even make sense and I've said my piece I'm just a passive participant as i was before just gonna enjoy the game while i can

They really haven't changed much about the game. Purification is still bugged and fotp still attacks 3 times, and I'm pretty sure his chance to double attack without advantage is bugged, leia is still bugged and I'm sure others are as well. They did a few nerfs, and buffed sid even though literally no one thought he needed it. From how often they seem to monitor board activities I'd be surprised if a few nerfs aren't incoming, but I'm afraid that won't address the underlining problem of how the implementation of speed is ruining the game.
  • Options
    No i completely understand that leia was attacking 4 times and her max is 3 from what her ability says but rey has the same ability and fotp so how are they still bugged
  • CronozNL
    2869 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    @sephiroth198900
    FotP description says 45% chance to attack again which is 90% if he has advantage. The skill is called double tap, he sometimes shoots 3x (I have sid as lead and he also does that). Might as well call the skill tripple tap :p
    About Rey haven't played or seen her in action much to know whats wrong with her.
  • Options
    Im just saying if there is a real problem like leia yes please fix it and they did but all this crying because a characters abilities makes them hard to beat it's ridiculous that's the whole point to the game find charters with abilities that work together and build a badass team.

If anything I'm sure everyone can agree that a power drop on everyone can even things out or I believe that a defense/armor increases is what really needs to be done but we have to find a middle ground and stripping charters of their abilities and usefulness is not the answer.
  • Options
    Any character combo that beats my crappy team I want nerfed. The whole thread summed up in one sentence.