Raid Reward Exploit Discussion Announcement - Comments\Questions *** MEGATHREAD***

Replies

• Options
    That'll work. This was the answer we were looking for. Cheaters get punished and made an example of for the next batch, a warning of what will happen if you exploit.

Well done devs
    "When the dust settles, the only thing living in this world will be metal."
  • Smite
    259 posts Member
    Options
    CPTRogers wrote: »
    This is the right answer to the community outcry. Data proving the numbers of those who exploited, their punishment, and the long-term plan.

Thank you. @EA_Jesse

This really shows you do pay attention to our feelings on matters like this.

You can thank him once the action is being taken. For now its an annoucement in a far future in a far galaxy.
  • NCNER8R
    162 posts Member
    Options
    Smite wrote: »
    CPTRogers wrote: »
    This is the right answer to the community outcry. Data proving the numbers of those who exploited, their punishment, and the long-term plan.

Thank you. @EA_Jesse

This really shows you do pay attention to our feelings on matters like this.

You can thank him once the action is being taken. For now its an annoucement in a far future in a far galaxy.

Lol. Well, they did finally fix Vader.........
  • Options
    What if someone was 1 Han Solo shard away from summoning him, and just so happened to claim the needed shard(s) on the second (only claimed twice) press during the 90min window? Would that person be permanently banned as well?
  • LaLiam
    1589 posts Member
    Options
    MBL_66 wrote: »
    LaLiam wrote: »
    Aww c'mon, keeping Han is not fair. Thats easily reversible. I dont care how many did it, thats months in its own right.

We will be removing the shards that were acquired through the extra rewards and lowering Han back down to 5 star for those that already had him unlocked, including all gear that was equipped on him. Players that first acquired Han Solo through the extra rewards will be banned permanently.

Oh wow, i missed the final sentence, and now i feel for the perma ban. That is no way okay, its not challenging at all to reverse what happened.

It's even less challenging to not abuse an exploit as well.

Is it? I suppose, a reversal takes 3 minutes though per acc, ruthlessly spamming accept may be longer.

Perma bans are being used as scare mongering... You all okay with that carrot and stick?
    {RotE}
  • MrGrips
    521 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    MBL_66 wrote: »
    Aww c'mon, keeping Han is not fair. Thats easily reversible. I dont care how many did it, thats months in its own right.

We will be removing the shards that were acquired through the extra rewards and lowering Han back down to 5 star for those that already had him unlocked, including all gear that was equipped on him. Players that first acquired Han Solo through the extra rewards will be banned permanently.

Oh wow, i missed the final sentence, and now i feel for the perma ban. That is no way okay, its not challenging at all to reverse what happened.

It's even less challenging to not abuse an exploit as well.

Is it? I suppose, a reversal takes 3 minutes though per acc, ruthlessly spamming accept may be longer.

Perma bans are being used as scare mongering... You all okay with that carrot and stick?

Im curious to hear cases of perma ban "scare mongering" having a notable negative impact on any game.
  • LaLiam
    1589 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    senkoujin wrote: »
    What if someone was 1 Han Solo shard away from summoning him, and just so happened to claim the needed shard(s) on the second (only claimed twice) press during the 90min window? Would that person be permanently banned as well?

Yes, thats the impression given.

If you were at 144 and claimed 3 times, you just lost the 144, unless im mistaken.
    {RotE}
  • Options

If you were at 144 and claimed 3 times, you just lost the 144, unless im mistaken.

Perhaps if we read Jesse's post before grabbing pitchforks? Quoted from Jesse.

We are not planning on taking action on the ones who only did it a second time (which is 3,863). Why? Because we think those were a legitimate mistake. Whereas three or more times is being viewed as an exploit. It is subjective, but that’s where we’re drawing the line.
  • QuiteDrunk
    188 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    looks like the hammer came down hard and fast, pretty good job ...

EDIT: Nope...not going there - that's a different topic - don't spam threads with OT subjects.

• Greg1920
    1777 posts Member
    Options
    So if the people who got refunds continue to play will they have the progress gained with the money spent removed as well.

Because it appears in the end that refunders will be exploiting the game in just as large of a degree as the exploiters if they are allowed to continue to play.
  • Options
    Dro1dm0de wrote: »
    Thank God.

Your welcome my child.
  • Options

Well that's just too bad isn't it? Should've thought of the consequences before they decided to take advantage of something that isn't within the rules.
  • five2zero
    512 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    And what is with arena? They got more crystals and arena tokens and other got less than they deserve (not me)
  • Super123
    233 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Greg1920 wrote: »
    So if the people who got refunds continue to play will they have the progress gained with the money spent removed as well.

Because it appears in the end that refunders will be exploiting the game in just as large of a degree as the exploiters if they are allowed to continue to play.

This is a nice point, but unfortunately that's Apple/Google's problem.
  • LordRath
    1032 posts Member
    Options
    Great solution to a tough issue. I for one am happy with what I see
  • Tocinoelcerdo
    47 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    EDIT: removed as this was off topic - we aren't going to tank this thread with another topic that has been discussed for weeks - keep comments on this specific thread topic.
  • Nejeda
    21 posts Member
    Options
    It all sounds good but how do we know if anyone actually gets banned or loses gear, etc.
  • Options
    Thank you EA & CG!! Happy you guys were proactive about it!
    IGN: RANKMAN
    Line: xSNAKEMAN
  • Options

Well that's just too bad isn't it? Should've thought of the consequences before they decided to take advantage of something that isn't within the rules.
    So, we can assume that the permanent ban condition overrides the claiming only twice condition, right?
  • Options
    Sounds fair. I still want a vault though.
  • LaLiam
    1589 posts Member
    Options

We are not planning on taking action on the ones who only did it a second time (which is 3,863). Why? Because we think those were a legitimate mistake. Whereas three or more times is being viewed as an exploit. It is subjective, but that’s where we’re drawing the line.

Dude i read the post put the trigger away. (Or point it elsewhere there's an exploiter in every server apparently)

If you were at 144, claimed 3 times at 5 each, you would be perma banned not reset. See?
    {RotE}
  • J0K3R
    2286 posts Member
    Options

Dude i read the post put the trigger away. (Or point it elsewhere there's an exploiter in every server apparently)

If you were at 144, claimed 3 times at 5 each, you would be perma banned not reset. See?

Are you in this particular situation? Why worry about problems that may or may not exist?
    May the force be with you. It shall free you.
  • TheRealBGoat
    8 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    So almost 4000 players "accidentally" got an extra raid reward. Wouldn't it make sense to offer the rest of the playerbase an extra raid reward as compensation?

Also, what is considered "egregious" and how many players are actually getting permanently banned? Seems that number has been conveniently left out.
    The majority of these players are having their accounts suspended as we remove the additional rewards they obtained, while the most egregious offenders are being permanently banned.
  • DarthMasterShawn
    3064 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Options

3 or more times is considered exploit. Good. You claim it 3 times sorry not a mistake. Get what you deserved.

More pointed at the guy asking about 2 claims, it just did not quote all.

Accidentally claim a second time is a mistake, 3 or more though you know whats up.
  • Options
    And thank you!

Now about these guild coin problems
  • Greg1920
    1777 posts Member
    Options
    Super123 wrote: »
    Greg1920 wrote: »

This is a nice point, but unfortunately that's Apple/Google's problem.

It's EAs problem as they will be back charger by apple.

And it's all players problems because I assume the level of refunds being given was greater than the work it take to reverse this exploit:

Which means if those people don't quit they will have gaine
  • Options
    If EA\CG does all that Jesse claims they will do, then I will be impressed. This is an appropriate sanction and I hope it is used as a precedent in the future.
  • Options
    3 or more times is considered exploit. Good. You claim it 3 times sorry not a mistake. Get what you deserved.

More pointed at the guy asking about 2 claims, it just did not quote all.

Accidentally claim a second time is a mistake, 3 or more though you know whats up.
    Thanks for the extra clarity, got it. =]

• LaLiam
    1589 posts Member
    Options
    J0K3R wrote: »

Are you in this particular situation? Why worry about problems that may or may not exist?

No, but someone must be, its a lot of progress to lose when the reversal is available to devs. I get that the important to show people not to exploit.
    {RotE}
  • ogFail
    76 posts Member
    Options
    Gungnir75 wrote: »
    And thank you!

Now about these guild coin problems

+1