Raid Reward Exploit Discussion Announcement - Comments\Questions *** MEGATHREAD***

Replies

• Nebulous
    1476 posts Member
    Options
    Nebulous wrote: »
    Aniema wrote: »
    Are the cheaters banned?

Yeah they will be, but 3,683 people get to keep some stuff cause they only did it twice smh.

This isn't entirely accurate. They collected two rewards, but only 1 was extra.

We don't need to be compensated because others exploited. That just doesn't make sense to me. Punishment toward cheaters is reward enough for me.

Did you notice anyone on our server?

Nope I didn't. After I looked at synced guilds at swgoh.gg and noticed the disgusting amount of guild currency some had, I quickly went to our server and looked at the top 200. No one had any numbers that stood out. Well not true, one person had 0 guild currency earned. That was weird.
  • Options
    Ok, I hate that this has to be my first post, but really guys? My account was suspended for this issue. Here is what happened from my side.

I claimed my raid reward - nothing unusual there. A few minutes later I see that I have an email with a raid reward, I think that I must have not clicked to accept it, as I often look at the items and from there who can use them, which can take me out of the email section. So I claim my second reward (which I didn't realize was my second reward at the time.) A few minutes later a 3rd email comes in with a raid reward. I see that something is fishy, so I report a bug through the in game bug reporting. I wait for 18 hours and hear nothing, so I give up waiting and claim the 3rd reward at that point in time - 18 hours later. According to the message posted the suspension was only for those that claimed 3 or more in less than 90 minutes. I'm happy to give back the extra gear, I even said that in the bug report. Still my account is suspended. Really?
  • Options
    Are the cheaters banned?

Yeah they will be, but 3,683 people get to keep some stuff cause they only did it twice smh.

They DID get one piece of gear legit, so they ended up with one extra piece of gear\salvage and "stuff".

I can totally see that being an accident.. I have looked at rewards checked out went back and had not clicked "accept" I might have done that thinking this was the case.. after that I probably would have realized that something was up.

As Jesse stated they had to draw a line somewhere.

Yeah they got 1 piece of gear/piece of savage free.

In two weeks when the Nubian savages go into the shipment shop they gonna be 2500 crystals. They won't have to pay for it if they all ready have it but I will. Man that's messed up.

#1 Not everyone got the item you mentioned

#2 Write a letter to them and tell them you want compensation

#3 Most people aren't going to consider those people keeping one extra raid reward as "messed up."

You will be in a minority if you go on like this. Write them a poor me note and move on.
  • DarthMasterShawn
    3064 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    I can completely see a 2nd time being an accident. I have done it mass simming it'll come up asking me to refresh a 2nd time and I'll think ok it didn't register or I did not click, then suddenly it is there.

I've missed energy refresh thinking I clicked it. There were times I saw the rewards come in, took my Screen shot(abbreviating screen shot triggers censor, fascinating) and went and shared, sometimes I accept before going, others not. I could easily make the mistake of a 2nd click. I would then report it if I did.

3 or more though you can see the change.

For me, how they handled this was going to be pivotal on my future in this game. I listed options that would be acceptable, in my eyes, for me to take. They have done what I had hoped they would here. I am happy.

Though I still want clarification on if they leveled and geared several if ALL will be reverted to no gear and down 2*. Great job on coming up with a resolution that is fair and sets an example.
  • LaLiam
    1589 posts Member
    Options
    Alverin wrote: »
    Ok, I hate that this has to be my first post, but really guys? My account was suspended for this issue. Here is what happened from my side.

I claimed my raid reward - nothing unusual there. A few minutes later I see that I have an email with a raid reward, I think that I must have not clicked to accept it, as I often look at the items and from there who can use them, which can take me out of the email section. So I claim my second reward (which I didn't realize was my second reward at the time.) A few minutes later a 3rd email comes in with a raid reward. I see that something is fishy, so I report a bug through the in game bug reporting. I wait for 18 hours and hear nothing, so I give up waiting and claim the 3rd reward at that point in time - 18 hours later. According to the message posted the suspension was only for those that claimed 3 or more in less than 90 minutes. I'm happy to give back the extra gear, I even said that in the bug report. Still my account is suspended. Really?

This, it happens, dont assume everyone who got suspended was malicious.

At least you werent banned bro.
    {RotE}
  • Options
    Sounds good, but I'll wait to applaud until I see how well they carry out what they say. After all, Jesse said just last week that they would remove all the gear and rewards an then restore the accounts, and that turned out not to be true. it took a Reddit post and explosion here to finally hold their feet to the fire.
  • Options
    Yeah, but I am suspended, for stumbling into a bug and reporting it. Really? I'm supposed to be happy that I can't play for some period of time because I accidentally hit a bug, reported it, got no feedback, then got suspended? Heck I don't even know how long I'm suspended for!
  • Doga
    808 posts Member
    Options
    I am happy to know they are doing something but lack of transparency and communication has been a problem.
  • Nebulous
    1476 posts Member
    Options

Did you end up using the gear?

I understand that they have to draw a line and that line runs right through you. What happens when it's 4 instead of 3 or 5 instead of 3. Someone is always on the cusp of the threshold. This time it was you and I am sure others too.

I hope you didn't equip the gear and it will be settled easy.
  • Aniema
    602 posts Member
    Options
    nematocyte wrote: »
    Are the cheaters banned?

They DID get one piece of gear legit, so they ended up with one extra piece of gear\salvage and "stuff".

I can totally see that being an accident.. I have looked at rewards checked out went back and had not clicked "accept" I might have done that thinking this was the case.. after that I probably would have realized that something was up.

In two weeks when the Nubian savages go into the shipment shop they gonna be 2500 crystals. They won't have to pay for it if they all ready have it but I will. Man that's messed up.

#3 Most people aren't going to consider those people keeping one extra raid reward as "messed up."

You will be in a minority if you go on like this. Write them a poor me note and move on.

#1 Almost 4000 people...I bet quite a few got the item I mentioned.

#2 Don't need to write a letter this is the forums and I think people should be compensated even if it is only one item and 5 Han Solo shards.

#3 If is a mess up or not it's the company's job to fix it.

I'm more than happy to be in the minority. I don't drink kool-aid and I don't follow the sheep.
  • SemperRabbit
    48 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    MrGrips wrote: »
    LaLiam wrote: »
    Aww c'mon, keeping Han is not fair. Thats easily reversible. I dont care how many did it, thats months in its own right.

We will be removing the shards that were acquired through the extra rewards and lowering Han back down to 5 star for those that already had him unlocked, including all gear that was equipped on him. Players that first acquired Han Solo through the extra rewards will be banned permanently.

Oh wow, i missed the final sentence, and now i feel for the perma ban. That is no way okay, its not challenging at all to reverse what happened.

Im pretty sure its challenging. for them to resort to the ban. Also, most likely you had to have exploited many times to get had if you didnt already have him, marking some clear intent.

Imagine that you have 136/145 Han shards, and you get a #20 or higher reward in your mailbox. If you click it twice (according to the post, you should be safe), it'll bring you to more than 145 Han shards and you get perma-banned. Seems like the conflicting word needs to get resolved, and anyone this has happened to should attempt to get it resolved. I love that they acted promptly, dealt out punishments (unlike previous slaps on the wrist), and that it was a 99.9% fair response, but we still need to look at the 0.1% that still got (potentially) unfairly punished.

@EA_Jesse
  • Options
    Are the cheaters banned?

This isn't entirely accurate. They collected two rewards, but only 1 was extra.

We don't need to be compensated because others exploited. That just doesn't make sense to me. Punishment toward cheaters is reward enough for me.

Did you notice anyone on our server?

Nope I didn't. After I looked at synced guilds at swgoh.gg and noticed the disgusting amount of guild currency some had, I quickly went to our server and looked at the top 200. No one had any numbers that stood out. Well not true, one person had 0 guild currency earned. That was weird.

0 is a strange number for an old server. Maybe they were one of the ones who were stripped of everything
  • Options

Did you end up using the gear?

I understand that they have to draw a line and that line runs right through you. What happens when it's 4 instead of 3 or 5 instead of 3. Someone is always on the cusp of the threshold. This time it was you and I am sure others too.

I hope you didn't equip the gear and it will be settled easy.

I don't even know which pieces were from "good" raids, and which were from "bad" rewards. I can virtually guarantee I used what I got - do you normally not equip raid gear when it is available? Heck, they can take the whole item if they want, put me in negative money, whatever. I had no feedback as to what to do with the issue. Heck, the first acknowledgement I see of the issue is a suspension of my account. How about when it is reported to them they take the items then, or at least send me a message saying not to use anything. I would normally never sit on valid raid gear (I had 3 different items near level up, I think 2 of them were leveled from the first 2 rewards, but which was which? Especially when I'm always buying extra shards in the guild shop to finish off pieces.

Again, I got 0 feedback from a bug report, waited a significant amount of time, and heard nothing. It isn't like I just kept accepting rewards over and over again, trying to get away with it, I specifically reported it.
  • Options
    For those like me wondering on if it would take multoiple characters back to the 0 gear and down 2 stars I will share this post from Reditt. I left the persons name from it to protect them since they posted there not here. THIS IS A POST FROM REDITT NOT ME.

"So I'm one of the 1271 who took advantage of the exploit, aka cheated. It was on an alt account level 64 (completely F2P) and not my main account. The first 3 or 4 refreshes I just thought it wasn't taking but then realized what was going on. I figured at that point I was going to be suspended so I went for it and refreshed about 30 times. We had just finished a t3 and I placed 1st.

So my account just got reinstated and they took away everything I got and then some, I even lost the legitimate rewards I got that day. I also believe they switched my shard in pvp cause I don't recognize any of the names on there and some of these guys are 10 levels above me now, where I was one of the top ones before the suspension. I can't even beat the guy at #50 today but right before the suspension I had placed #1 with little difficulty. I lost a few stars on some of my toons and I missed out on the 500 crystals from the lame Fisto event as well.

Don't take this as a complaint at all but rather a warning to others if another exploit pops up leave it alone and report it. It is not worth it.

Ps I also feel really bad for my guildmates who didn't take advantage of the exploit. 4 days later they are still working on the same raid and since I did a lot of the heavy lifting they couldn't finish it and they miss out on rewards too."

permalinkembedsavereportgive goldreplied
  • Options
    Wow. Very firm language from Jesse there. Must mean they're absolutely serious about this. Good! :+1:
    Proud and Belgian officer of [DTA] BIER DTA | official Lando Calrissian fanboy KappaPride
  • Options
    Are the cheaters banned?

#2 Don't need to write a letter this is the forums and I think people should be compensated even if it is only one item and 5 Han Solo shards.

I'm more than happy to be in the minority. I don't drink kool-aid and I don't follow the sheep.

Wow you must always get full raid gear
  • Options
    very close to the perfect resolution. thanks @JohnnySteelAlpha and @BentWookiee for keeping this on topic. i prefer this type of moderation rather than closing threads. A serious question for @EA_Jesse will there be a way tell if the suspended accounts are suspended? as in: players in my guild will show up as suspended? or will in be able to add suspended players as allies?
  • Options
    Yeah, but I am suspended, for stumbling into a bug and reporting it. Really? I'm supposed to be happy that I can't play for some period of time because I accidentally hit a bug, reported it, got no feedback, then got suspended? Heck I don't even know how long I'm suspended for!

@Alverin that's too bad, if did happen the way you tell it, you might have some luck sending a PM to the devs
  • MrGrips
    521 posts Member
    Options
    Aww c'mon, keeping Han is not fair. Thats easily reversible. I dont care how many did it, thats months in its own right.

We will be removing the shards that were acquired through the extra rewards and lowering Han back down to 5 star for those that already had him unlocked, including all gear that was equipped on him. Players that first acquired Han Solo through the extra rewards will be banned permanently.

Oh wow, i missed the final sentence, and now i feel for the perma ban. That is no way okay, its not challenging at all to reverse what happened.

Im pretty sure its challenging. for them to resort to the ban. Also, most likely you had to have exploited many times to get had if you didnt already have him, marking some clear intent.

Imagine that you have 136/145 Han shards, and you get a #2 reward in your mailbox. If you click it twice (according to the post, you should be safe), it'll bring you to 146/145 Han shards and you get perma-banned. Seems like the conflicting word needs to get resolved, and anyone this has happened to should attempt to get it resolved. I love that they acted promptly, dealt out punishments (unlike previous slaps on the wrist), and that it was a 99.9% fair response, but we still need to look at the 0.1% that still got (potentially) unfairly punished.

@EA_Jesse

As long as we dont let guilty people off the hook. Youre right, that dude is very unfortunate. I was more thinking about the bigger picture and what can practically be done. Practically, I dont know a way to sort out the heavy abusers from the innocent people perfectly, and I thought the fix jesse made was good enough. Perhaps those in that situation you mentioned should be able to send the devs a pm and maybe some proof of their innocence so they can not be banned.

Btw, its not like those people are being punished for no reason. They are being punished for the good of the majority of players. If for example, one guy had to be banned to save the game for the other thousands of us, even if he was innocnety, maybe thats better than the alternative.
  • Aniema
    602 posts Member
    Options
    Lessened learn today, if a glitch happens in the game everyone can do it twice and not worry about being banned. That's good to know.
  • Aniema
    602 posts Member
    Options
    Are the cheaters banned?

Wow you must always get full raid gear

Yes, and I'm fun at parties too.
  • Options
    Are the cheaters banned?

I agree that compensation is appropriate, though I don't expect it and don't necessarily care THAT much given they are very satisfactorily addressing the issue as a whole. I doubt that is a minority view. But your complaints reek of a "woe me" theme, "they got something now give me something." In that sense, you are drinking something, even if it isn't kool-aid. Sorry if I sound harsh.
  • Options

Imagine that you have 136/145 Han shards, and you get a #20 or higher reward in your mailbox. If you click it twice (according to the post, you should be safe), it'll bring you to more than 145 Han shards and you get perma-banned. Seems like the conflicting word needs to get resolved, and anyone this has happened to should attempt to get it resolved. I love that they acted promptly, dealt out punishments (unlike previous slaps on the wrist), and that it was a 99.9% fair response, but we still need to look at the 0.1% that still got (potentially) unfairly punished.

@EA_Jesse

i highly doubt this situation happened. out of the 1200 offenders, were there really any that were even remotely close to unlocking Han? the highest ranking member of my guild JUST cleared 75 Han shards.
  • Options

@Alverin that's too bad, if did happen the way you tell it, you might have some luck sending a PM to the devs

Who should I send the PM to? I understand that those who were claiming over and over again should be hit, and again, as I reported in my bug report (which I really wish they would send to you in the email confirming the report) I'm happy to give the stuff back, pay penalties, whatever. But I find it quite frustrating to be suspended for a bug I stumbled into and reported to them.
  • dough
    641 posts Member
    Options
    Smithie wrote: »
    Thank you

Now Guild coin issue?

this
  • LaLiam
    1589 posts Member
    Options

@EA_Jesse

i highly doubt this situation happened. out of the 1200 offenders, were there really any that were even remotely close to unlocking Han? the highest ranking member of my guild JUST cleared 75 Han shards.

Ask the guys over at Order 66.
    {RotE}
  • Ezeziel
    184 posts Member
    Options
    I guess about 4000 players are happy they (only) claimed the rewards twice..
  • Nebulous
    1476 posts Member
    Options
    Lessened learn today, if a glitch happens in the game everyone can do it twice and not worry about being banned. That's good to know.

Only 1 extra time. There is a distinction. 2 times total: 1 legit and 1 extra. This is 100% understandable as an accident.

• Options

Who should I send the PM to? I understand that those who were claiming over and over again should be hit, and again, as I reported in my bug report (which I really wish they would send to you in the email confirming the report) I'm happy to give the stuff back, pay penalties, whatever. But I find it quite frustrating to be suspended for a bug I stumbled into and reported to them.

type "CG_" into the recipients box and send it to all the guys who come up. I've never been in a situation like ou so I don't know if this will work but it's worth a try. Also maybe there's a customer support line you can call.