Raid Reward Exploit Discussion Announcement - Comments\Questions *** MEGATHREAD***

Replies

• Hangfire
    497 posts Member
    Options
    Kygo_Ren wrote: »
    A.) I love the folks who still want some sort of compensation. Most likely these people would have clicked that "claim" button a few times extra if the opportunity had presented itself. Greed begets greed.

B.) I love the people talking about the perma-ban being "scare mongering?" People get banned in other games for exploiting all the time. Why should this be any different? Just don't cheat and you have literally nothing to worry about.

You are right, most people would have clicked. But beyond that, I didn't click, because the opportunity wasn't given to me. But I do pay money to maintain an edge in this game, so is it wrong for me to expect to get for free what "exploiters" got for free?
  • Paule
    39 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Hangfire wrote: »
    Kygo_Ren wrote: »
    A.) I love the folks who still want some sort of compensation. Most likely these people would have clicked that "claim" button a few times extra if the opportunity had presented itself. Greed begets greed.

B.) I love the people talking about the perma-ban being "scare mongering?" People get banned in other games for exploiting all the time. Why should this be any different? Just don't cheat and you have literally nothing to worry about.

You are right, most people would have clicked. But beyond that, I didn't click, because the opportunity wasn't given to me. But I do pay money to maintain an edge in this game, so is it wrong for me to expect to get for free what "exploiters" got for free?

This is a fact. The majority of guild members did not use this exploit, myself and others warned other guild members not to use the exploit.

However, the biggest offender in our guild was suspended 2 days, his suspension lifted and he is playing as I write with his unearned Han Solo, his fully geared maxed out toons, and he is in absolute glee that he got away with it.

His arena ranking in our guild went from the lower half to number 2. Due to EA/CG policy I cannot disclose this person's information even though I have been desperately reaching out to the various mods and developers.

This is a great statement from @EA_Jesse but until this individual is punished as stated in the original post of this thread, then none of the words have any meaning whatsoever. @CG_LucifersDaddy has contacted several cheaters of my guild today while letting the worst cheater of all continue to play with his tens of thousands of dollars and 125 day (game time) advantage over the rest of the population of this game.
  • Options
    I wish they would ban all exploits of the game. We do know there are some other types of exploiting going on. Thank you EA for taking action.
  • Jedi2407
    782 posts Member
    Options
    Last week they said accounts would be suspended until they removed the rewards wrongly claimed. They didn't. It took a Reddit post to call them out. Thanks, but I'll wait to see if they'll follow through with the promises made in this announcement.
  • Options
    Aniema wrote: »
    Are the cheaters banned?

Yeah they will be, but 3,683 people get to keep some stuff cause they only did it twice smh.

They DID get one piece of gear legit, so they ended up with one extra piece of gear\salvage and "stuff".

I can totally see that being an accident.. I have looked at rewards checked out went back and had not clicked "accept" I might have done that thinking this was the case.. after that I probably would have realized that something was up.

As Jesse stated they had to draw a line somewhere.

Yeah they got 1 piece of gear/piece of savage free.

In two weeks when the Nubian savages go into the shipment shop they gonna be 2500 crystals. They won't have to pay for it if they all ready have it but I will. Man that's messed up.

You're sounding incredibly selfish here. We are talking about one raid worth of loot. It could be some salvage or it could be a full craft. Who cares? Anyone would have or could have clicked twice. I probably would have myself thinking that I misclicked or something silly the first time. Saying that you deserve compensation is rather childish. The world isn't fair. They have done plenty with this resolution.

There is nothing wrong with seeking repatriation, even for something nominal. It is not selfish to look after ones own interests; we're not codependant here in group therapy.

The idea of reparation is to repay someone for damages caused. If a small percentage of players getting one extra raid reward is that large of an inconvenience to you then there are other issues. The world doesn't work in 50/50. When an olympic gold medalist is accused and found guilty of using steroids they take away the medal. They don't give every participant in the event a bronze silver or gold.

In WoW or any other MMO they don't send every player a legendary item because a number of players realized that a vendor was selling them for free. They ban those players and move on. Demanding payment that you didn't earn is not asking for reparation in my mind. It is throwing a tantrum so that you get free stuff.

Nice rhetoric...tantrum, steroids, gold medals, legendary items...Have a normal conversation please instead of trying to draw on emotional appeals. There is nothing wrong with seeking repatration; it is not selfish, it is not greedy. I have spent $4,018 on this game. And I will spend more. I earned everything I received. For someone to receive it free and others not being able to even discuss it for fear they will be labeled selfish or greedy is absurd. To be shamed into solitude is wrong.
    what an ugly thing to say... does this mean we're not friends anymore?
  • Options
    Well, thus far I am still suspended and I cannot even get into the game to know if my extra rewards are gone or not. So far, they are following their word
  • Options
    Are the cheaters banned?

Yeah they will be, but 3,683 people get to keep some stuff cause they only did it twice smh.

They DID get one piece of gear legit, so they ended up with one extra piece of gear\salvage and "stuff".

I can totally see that being an accident.. I have looked at rewards checked out went back and had not clicked "accept" I might have done that thinking this was the case.. after that I probably would have realized that something was up.

In two weeks when the Nubian savages go into the shipment shop they gonna be 2500 crystals. They won't have to pay for it if they all ready have it but I will. Man that's messed up.

You're sounding incredibly selfish here. We are talking about one raid worth of loot. It could be some salvage or it could be a full craft. Who cares? Anyone would have or could have clicked twice. I probably would have myself thinking that I misclicked or something silly the first time. Saying that you deserve compensation is rather childish. The world isn't fair. They have done plenty with this resolution.

There is nothing wrong with seeking repatriation, even for something nominal. It is not selfish to look after ones own interests; we're not codependant here in group therapy.

The idea of reparation is to repay someone for damages caused. If a small percentage of players getting one extra raid reward is that large of an inconvenience to you then there are other issues. The world doesn't work in 50/50. When an olympic gold medalist is accused and found guilty of using steroids they take away the medal. They don't give every participant in the event a bronze silver or gold.

In WoW or any other MMO they don't send every player a legendary item because a number of players realized that a vendor was selling them for free. They ban those players and move on. Demanding payment that you didn't earn is not asking for reparation in my mind. It is throwing a tantrum so that you get free stuff.

Nice rhetoric...tantrum, steroids, gold medals, legendary items...Have a normal conversation please instead of trying to draw on emotional appeals. There is nothing wrong with seeking repatration; it is not selfish, it is not greedy. I have spent $4,018 on this game. And I will spend more. I earned everything I received. For someone to receive it free and others not being able to even discuss it for fear they will be labeled selfish or greedy is absurd. To be shamed into solitude is wrong.

I hope we get nothing, let the complainers whine even more about it
  • Options
    Are the cheaters banned?

+1 Evidently using real world examples is emotional appeal now too... weird. :/
  • Dwinkelm
    768 posts Member
    Options
    Great response from EA. There may be hope for humanity after all
  • Options
    Are the cheaters banned?

You can have the last word to your post. I just disagree with your approach, and you probably disagree with mine. Personally, I'm ok with that.
  • Options
    Are the cheaters banned?

Also not sure if repatration is supposed to be repatriation or reparation...
  • Slots
    72 posts Member
    Options
    Paule wrote: »
    C3POwn wrote: »
    NCNER8R wrote: »
    Asic wrote: »
    Conceptually sounds fair. Except execution is everything.

Vader 7 star being a point? That's six months ago and being posted about now (welcome to the forum?). Better to keep that tail between your legs.

There is a track record here that creates significant doubt and lack of trust given the censorship.

+1 This is exactly where I am at....

To everyone out there who instantly jumps on the devs cashews everytime they make an announcement, just wait. No action has been taken and most likely won't for a while, if ever. How do you know they didn't just make up those numbers to please you? None of us have a way to confirm anything they say.

I know for a fact that a player who abused the extra raid rewards 16+ times was NEVER even suspended. This just proves that they really have no way of finding everyone who did this. If they can't even figure out how to do that, how can we have faith in what they say?

Go check out the reditt thread, or one of my comments here where I pasted it. You will see some have been hit already.

Our biggest offender who unlocked Han Solo using the exploit after finishing fourth that raid and continued to use that exploit to star Han Solo to 7 and level him to 80 is still playing as I write this. I've contacted mods I gave them the information and this cheater is continuing to play.

I did receive a response from Jesse asking me to contact @CG_LucifersDaddy and I did and haven't heard a response from him when several other guild members (all cheaters) have had multiple contact with him today.

Please deal with the individual the numbers are laid out he cheated to the tune of 350 Han Solo shards, 27 million credits, 50 scanners and god knows what else. He is playing as I type this and I am sick to my stomach that he is literally gleeful that he got away with his actions!

Not only does he have that Han Solo still (albeit Level 1 and 5 Star) he has everyone of his high level toons maxed. I am going out of my way to obey forum policy but this is horrendous that no action is being taken against this player.

Well it's a good thing we have you to police the situation!
  • Options
    Are the cheaters banned?

We must repatriate Chewbacca! He has been away from home for so long. :(
  • nematocyte
    421 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Options

Vader 7 star being a point? That's six months ago and being posted about now (welcome to the forum?). Better to keep that tail between your legs.

There is a track record here that creates significant doubt and lack of trust given the censorship.

To everyone out there who instantly jumps on the devs cashews everytime they make an announcement, just wait. No action has been taken and most likely won't for a while, if ever. How do you know they didn't just make up those numbers to please you? None of us have a way to confirm anything they say.

I know for a fact that a player who abused the extra raid rewards 16+ times was NEVER even suspended. This just proves that they really have no way of finding everyone who did this. If they can't even figure out how to do that, how can we have faith in what they say?

I'm not disagreeing with you, but evidence and proof go a long way, and this goes for EA too.
  • Options
    Are the cheaters banned?

We must repatriate Chewbacca! He has been away from home for so long. :(

LOL...spell checker on my tablet is off. I'd rather have a spelling error, than a scandal because spell checker swapped the word with something unintended.

Live and let live. If someone wants to be made whole over an extra raid reward, let them. If you don't want to be made whole, fine, that is your choice. I personnally don't feel challenged here, I am just calling out the attempts at shaming (it's uncalled for), and pointing out that there is nothing intrinsically wrong with seeking a remedy even if nominal.

"incredibly selfish", "Whining", and "tauntrum" are hot words using emotional appeals in my opinion. If you have a valid argument, these are not needed.
  • Riggin12
    129 posts Member
    Options

Bigger question is why do they not have the ability to query and find all the 7* Vaders themselves...

This means that they can't search account details, which I always assumed they could. This is a huge problem for this sort of game.
  • Options
    CG just devaluated thousands of dollars people have spent on this game... more than 1000 players did this. good luck with the account by account checking and hundreds of refunds you will get... this happens for being greedy, things doesnt end well when you treat your costumers like casino gamblers.
  • Paule
    39 posts Member
    Options
    Slots wrote: »

Quoting you Slots from another thread:
    "The messed up thing is that they have not said anything about this. How long is the suspension? How is gettin mail for raid loot and not recovering rewards when opened an exploit? Seems like a system glitch. When I was not recovering rewards of course I'm going to open mail that has been sent to me."

Seems like you can't even police yourself!
  • nematocyte
    421 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Juan_Pablo wrote: »
    CG just devaluated thousands of dollars people have spent on this game... more than 1000 players did this. good luck with the account by account checking and hundreds of refunds you will get... this happens for being greedy, things doesnt end well when you treat your costumers like casino gamblers.

I'm glad they have their work cut out for them. I live in Vegas, if you abuse a gaming system error/bug/exploit (this is not entirely uncommon, especially 10+ years ago), you are potentially guilty of a felony. Seeing as how this model of gaming differs to actual gambling on only subtle points, send the devs into OT to fix this issue justly and swiftly and correctly.

Please don't misread me on this, I'm not comparing the consequences of the two whatsoever. I'm only trying to illustrate that when you mess with people's money, and the expected value of their money, you swim in dangerous waters.
  • Options
    nematocyte wrote: »

I'm glad they have their work cut out for them. I live in Vegas, if you abuse a gaming system error/bug/exploit (this is not entirely uncommon, especially 10+ years ago), you are potentially guilty of a felony. Seeing as how this model of gaming differs to actual gambling on only subtle points, send the devs into OT to fix this issue justly and swiftly and correctly.

Please don't misread me on this, I'm not comparing the consequences of the two whatsoever. I'm only trying to illustrate that when you mess with people's money, and the expected value of their money, you swim in dangerous waters.

I live in vegas as well :smiley:
  • Options
    PainSaber wrote: »

Nice! I saw lightning just now East of Henderson, here's hoping we get some exciting weather.
  • Options
    Yea I saw that too. Im in sw vegas... Mountains edge
  • Options
    Yea I saw that too. Im in sw vegas... Mountains edge

Good area, almost bought a house there since everything is brand new.
  • Kalcor
    92 posts Member
    Options
    They should have reset their profile/progress in the game and erased their account just for them to start all over again. Mind tricks for real
  • Slots
    72 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Options

"The messed up thing is that they have not said anything about this. How long is the suspension? How is gettin mail for raid loot and not recovering rewards when opened an exploit? Seems like a system glitch. When I was not recovering rewards of course I'm going to open mail that has been sent to me."

Cool? And that was an example I made. Creeping on guild mates and people on the forum, you have too much time on your hands.
  • Slots
    72 posts Member
    Options

Man they have slot machines that send mail to you in Vegas?? Sweet.
  • Options
    Are the cheaters banned?

You can't compare this game to wow. In WoW, you can't buy gear or rewards of any sort. These exploits aren't just devalueing peoples investment/purchases, they also undermine the whole p2p business model in this game. Hence why people want some sort of compensation.
  • Turukano
    170 posts Member
    Options
    Oh. Just seen this. That would explain where all the maxed out geared toons on my shard suddenly appeared from. Was about to ask if they were sure that no shard mergers had happened.Do we know when they'll have got through dealing with everybody? Is there a route to help them identify people?

Best wishes,

Turkano
  • Hex
    21 posts Member
    Options
    I'm just surprised that unlike all other 'fixes' this time we may not have to RNG it and pay in extra. I was half expecting to have more 'raid rewards' offered for purchase somewhere to make up for the 'exploiters'.
  • MrGrips
    521 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Options

Cool? And that was an example I made. Creeping on guild mates and people on the forum, you have too much time on your hands.

Man, what is your problem. Since when is reporting cheaters a bad thing? Id like to understand your thought process here.