Raid Reward Exploit Discussion Announcement - Comments\Questions *** MEGATHREAD***

Replies

• Options
    Thank you! Very fair
  • LordRath
    1032 posts Member
    Options
  • KAULI
    517 posts Member
    Options
    Ban them all!
  • ogFail
    76 posts Member
    Options
    Greg1920 wrote: »
    Super123 wrote: »
    Greg1920 wrote: »
    So if the people who got refunds continue to play will they have the progress gained with the money spent removed as well.

Because it appears in the end that refunders will be exploiting the game in just as large of a degree as the exploiters if they are allowed to continue to play.

This is a nice point, but unfortunately that's Apple/Google's problem.

It's EAs problem as they will be back charger by apple.

And it's all players problems because I assume the level of refunds being given was greater than the work it take to reverse this exploit:

Which means if those people don't quit they will have gaine

Google won't give u anything back they just tell you to contact the developer with your issue...had it happen with a previous app
  • Options
    Let's keep this on topic - A reminder

No refund topics or posts
    Refund threads and posts will be removed from these forums. It is your right to request a refund, but don't post about it on these forums. This includes saying you are going to get a refund, telling others how to get a refund, or requesting a refund from the development team. This includes refunds for real money and in game currency.

Thanks!
  • Options
    DJJ wrote: »
    LaLiam wrote: »
    Aww c'mon, keeping Han is not fair. Thats easily reversible. I dont care how many did it, thats months in its own right.

We will be removing the shards that were acquired through the extra rewards and lowering Han back down to 5 star for those that already had him unlocked, including all gear that was equipped on him. Players that first acquired Han Solo through the extra rewards will be banned permanently.

Beat me to it.

You beat me to this!

It's a beat off
  • Options
    The Wookie just dropped the mic!

Still waiting on that edit forum profile setting so I can change my name...
  • Options
    Thanks Jesse, I knew you wouldn't let us down
    BECAUSE I'M BATMAN - me
  • Options
    Love it they are taking this seriously that's all you can ask for
  • Options
    A.) I love the folks who still want some sort of compensation. Most likely these people would have clicked that "claim" button a few times extra if the opportunity had presented itself. Greed begets greed.

B.) I love the people talking about the perma-ban being "scare mongering?" People get banned in other games for exploiting all the time. Why should this be any different? Just don't cheat and you have literally nothing to worry about.
  • Options
    hey soooo if someone geared Darth Vader that was starred up with the achievement exploit....will all the gear be stripped away too? The stars were earned illegitimately but the gear was obtained without exploit....

Hopefully, tough luck for them. Should not have taken advantage of an obvious exploit.
  • Aniema
    602 posts Member
    Options
    Sorry but I don't think it's right that the 3,683 that did it twice get to keep their gear. While I have to spend 2500 crystals for one piece. Is it really that hard to remove stuff from people accounts?

Tell you what send me 2 mk8 Nubians and 10 Han Solo shards ingame and then will call it even.
  • Options
    Are the cheaters banned?
  • MBL_66
    2465 posts Member
    Options
    J0K3R wrote: »
    senkoujin wrote: »
    What if someone was 1 Han Solo shard away from summoning him, and just so happened to claim the needed shard(s) on the second (only claimed twice) press during the 90min window? Would that person be permanently banned as well?

Yes, thats the impression given.

If you were at 144 and claimed 3 times, you just lost the 144, unless im mistaken.

Perhaps if we read Jesse's post before grabbing pitchforks? Quoted from Jesse.

We are not planning on taking action on the ones who only did it a second time (which is 3,863). Why? Because we think those were a legitimate mistake. Whereas three or more times is being viewed as an exploit. It is subjective, but that’s where we’re drawing the line.

Dude i read the post put the trigger away. (Or point it elsewhere there's an exploiter in every server apparently)

If you were at 144, claimed 3 times at 5 each, you would be perma banned not reset. See?

Are you in this particular situation? Why worry about problems that may or may not exist?

No, but someone must be, its a lot of progress to lose when the reversal is available to devs. I get that the important to show people not to exploit.

How is sending everything back to how it was before going to teach people that exploiting is wrong? You have to punish them.
  • Aniema
    602 posts Member
    Options
    Are the cheaters banned?

Yeah they will be, but 3,683 people get to keep some stuff cause they only did it twice smh.
  • Nebulous
    1476 posts Member
    Options
    Aniema wrote: »
    Are the cheaters banned?

Yeah they will be, but 3,683 people get to keep some stuff cause they only did it twice smh.

This isn't entirely accurate. They collected two rewards, but only 1 was extra.

We don't need to be compensated because others exploited. That just doesn't make sense to me. Punishment toward cheaters is reward enough for me.
  • Options
    Great fix and thanks to all developers for all their hard work. I hate to sound greedy right now but will there be any compensation? Due to there being nearly 4K second time offenders keeping their gear, currency, and credits it only seems fair
  • Options
    Sorry but I don't think it's right that the 3,683 that did it twice get to keep their gear. While I have to spend 2500 crystals for one piece. Is it really that hard to remove stuff from people accounts?

Tell you what send me 2 mk8 Nubians and 10 Han Solo shards ingame and then will call it even.

It's probably more time consuming and difficult than people expect. This is especially true for the 3-or-more-clicks-but-not-egregious-offenders given they are wiping all gear, not just what was obtained via exploit.

As for compensation to you and unfairness, they may address that later. They've given compensation before, so it's entirely possible. I personally don't care about the two-clickers, I'm happy with this response and I'm hopeful we'll see better enforcement in the future should something like this crop up again.
  • GeorgeRules
    1580 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    EDIT: Like I mentioned above - there are other threads for this axe if you want to continue to grind it. Please keep posts on topic.
  • Fitz
    302 posts Member
    Options
    Nebulous wrote: »
    Are the cheaters banned?

We don't need to be compensated because others exploited. That just doesn't make sense to me. Punishment toward cheaters is reward enough for me.

+1
  • Aniema
    602 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Are the cheaters banned?

They got something extra, I want something extra too. I never cheat and always end up spending money paying these people bills...nah F that. That's like 4000 people idc if all they got was 1 item that's 4000 freaking people.

Please tell me if everyone got 500 crystals in the mail and you didn't, you wouldn't want your 500 crystals too?
  • Options
    Are the cheaters banned?

They DID get one piece of gear legit, so they ended up with one extra piece of gear\salvage and "stuff".

I can totally see that being an accident.. I have looked at rewards checked out went back and had not clicked "accept" I might have done that thinking this was the case.. after that I probably would have realized that something was up.

As Jesse stated they had to draw a line somewhere.
  • Options
    Are the cheaters banned?

Are you asking if they are currently banned or did you not read the response from Jesse?
  • Options
    Are the cheaters banned?

Did you notice anyone on our server?
  • mccif16
    114 posts Member
    Options
    So raid geared a pay character. Exp rex or SF then boom reduced to min star. Hahahaha
  • Nebulous
    1476 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    EDIT: You fail by taking the bait :)

Other poster is looking to start a flame thread and get in to a debate and derail the subject here
  • Options
    Are the cheaters banned?

They got something extra, I want something extra too. I never cheat and always end up spending money paying these people bills...nah F that. That's like 4000 people idc if all they got was 1 item that's 4000 freaking people.

Please tell me if everyone got 500 crystals in the mail and you didn't, you wouldn't want your 500 crystals too?

You paid their bills? What on Earth are you talking about here?
  • Nebulous
    1476 posts Member
    Options
    Are the cheaters banned?

Depends on what it's for. If they sent it to us as a sorry for a game error, that's different. If they wanted to send it to me because others cheated, no thank you.
  • nematocyte
    421 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    EDIT: Removed as quoted an off topic subject
  • Aniema
    602 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Are the cheaters banned?

They DID get one piece of gear legit, so they ended up with one extra piece of gear\salvage and "stuff".

I can totally see that being an accident.. I have looked at rewards checked out went back and had not clicked "accept" I might have done that thinking this was the case.. after that I probably would have realized that something was up.

As Jesse stated they had to draw a line somewhere.

Yeah they got 1 piece of gear/piece of savage free.

In two weeks when the Nubian savages go into the shipment shop they gonna be 2500 crystals. They won't have to pay for it if they all ready have it but I will. Man that's messed up.