Raid Reward Exploit Discussion Announcement - Comments\Questions *** MEGATHREAD***

Replies

• Options
    Can we change suspension to expulsion? Then everything is right
  • Asic
    1146 posts Member
    Options
    J0K3R wrote: »
    Paule wrote: »
    Any idea when these cheaters will be banned? The worst offender in my guild (exploited 50+ times) is actively receiving guild currency by completing light side missions as I type.

EDIT 1: Thank you @EA_Jesse for a quick response and answer to my question. I am relieved and happy that this horrible situation will finally be resolved and those who decided to cheat will be rightfully punished.

Contact cg_lucifersdaddy in a private message

No. Why should he be the police? It's 1200 players.
  • NCNER8R
    162 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Sorry. I have become a skeptic. The Vader sentence at the end pretty much sums up where I am at. I just don't believe these individuals will be dealt with as harshly as is being put forward. Why? Because that is the MO of the past.... Furthermore, there were no timelines provided for the length of these suspensions and no mention of how the intermediate people will be punished. Some may be getting the hammer dropped, but why not provide a breakdown of specifics. Why not provide a list of all actions taken? Other games do this......

These are alarming statements to me -

1.) "Accounts that received multiple rewards suspended"

How Long? What is the breakdown? Where is the point when someone gets the hammer dropped vs. suspension? Is there a clear cut line?

2.) "While it is true that we can’t as easily take back credits or gear that have been spent, what we can do is lower certain things down".

So does this mean you will shake down a single character, such as RG, and leave the rest alone? Or do you drop every single character to it's base form for any gear used on that character that was not legitimately obtained?

The fact that a single character has to be stripped down, and individual gear pieces cannot be taken off, leads one to think that there may be discretion in stripping down a character....

Transparency......is part of the problem all along...

Also, the more specifics provided now, the less issues we have to revisit later....

• Guni
    30 posts Member
    Options
    EA_Jesse wrote: »
    [*] 7 Star Darth Vader lowered to 5 Star –if you see a 7 Star Vader in arena be sure to report them to CG_LucifersDaddy

I love this game, but needing players to report 7 star Vaders makes me lose all faith in the developers capabilities of actually fixing the issues as Jesse has described.
  • Alverin
    39 posts Member
    Options
    i believe that people who have played this game enough to be able to complete tier 7 raid, should understand that throughout the past every time someone exploited groups of people got banned, now if you say did 3 times and reported it to the devs right away they record that so they know who deserves to keep their accounts, may this be a lesson that if something doesn't seem right it isn't, report it right away and maybe you will be saved

I did report it as soon as the 3rd one showed up in my email, and I'm still suspended. I sent a message out to cg_LucifersDaddy, but no response as of yet. See my messages above for the full story.
  • Options
    Aniema wrote: »
    Are the cheaters banned?

Yeah they will be, but 3,683 people get to keep some stuff cause they only did it twice smh.

They DID get one piece of gear legit, so they ended up with one extra piece of gear\salvage and "stuff".

I can totally see that being an accident.. I have looked at rewards checked out went back and had not clicked "accept" I might have done that thinking this was the case.. after that I probably would have realized that something was up.

As Jesse stated they had to draw a line somewhere.

Yeah they got 1 piece of gear/piece of savage free.

In two weeks when the Nubian savages go into the shipment shop they gonna be 2500 crystals. They won't have to pay for it if they all ready have it but I will. Man that's messed up.

You're sounding incredibly selfish here. We are talking about one raid worth of loot. It could be some salvage or it could be a full craft. Who cares? Anyone would have or could have clicked twice. I probably would have myself thinking that I misclicked or something silly the first time. Saying that you deserve compensation is rather childish. The world isn't fair. They have done plenty with this resolution.
  • NCNER8R
    162 posts Member
    Options
    Asic wrote: »
    Conceptually sounds fair. Except execution is everything.

Vader 7 star being a point? That's six months ago and being posted about now (welcome to the forum?). Better to keep that tail between your legs.

There is a track record here that creates significant doubt and lack of trust given the censorship.

+1 This is exactly where I am at....
  • Options
    Alverin wrote: »
    i believe that people who have played this game enough to be able to complete tier 7 raid, should understand that throughout the past every time someone exploited groups of people got banned, now if you say did 3 times and reported it to the devs right away they record that so they know who deserves to keep their accounts, may this be a lesson that if something doesn't seem right it isn't, report it right away and maybe you will be saved

I did report it as soon as the 3rd one showed up in my email, and I'm still suspended. I sent a message out to cg_LucifersDaddy, but no response as of yet. See my messages above for the full story.

There is no story here. YOu clicked 3 times. You are suspended until they remove your loot. You won't be banned unless you did it more than you have said you did.
  • MBL_66
    2465 posts Member
    Options
    LaLiam wrote: »
    MrGrips wrote: »
    Aww c'mon, keeping Han is not fair. Thats easily reversible. I dont care how many did it, thats months in its own right.

We will be removing the shards that were acquired through the extra rewards and lowering Han back down to 5 star for those that already had him unlocked, including all gear that was equipped on him. Players that first acquired Han Solo through the extra rewards will be banned permanently.

Oh wow, i missed the final sentence, and now i feel for the perma ban. That is no way okay, its not challenging at all to reverse what happened.

Im pretty sure its challenging. for them to resort to the ban. Also, most likely you had to have exploited many times to get had if you didnt already have him, marking some clear intent.

Imagine that you have 136/145 Han shards, and you get a #20 or higher reward in your mailbox. If you click it twice (according to the post, you should be safe), it'll bring you to more than 145 Han shards and you get perma-banned. Seems like the conflicting word needs to get resolved, and anyone this has happened to should attempt to get it resolved. I love that they acted promptly, dealt out punishments (unlike previous slaps on the wrist), and that it was a 99.9% fair response, but we still need to look at the 0.1% that still got (potentially) unfairly punished.

@EA_Jesse

i highly doubt this situation happened. out of the 1200 offenders, were there really any that were even remotely close to unlocking Han? the highest ranking member of my guild JUST cleared 75 Han shards.

Ask the guys over at Order 66.

Ask us what?
  • NCNER8R
    162 posts Member
    Options
    This is what other games post, on a weekly basis.

Time Period: Jun. 16, 2016 to Jun. 22, 2016

・Accounts receiving disciplinary action for RMT advertising: 674
    ・Accounts receiving disciplinary action for RMT/illicit activity: 4,921
    ・Action Details: Permanent ban from (XXVIDEOGAMEXXX)

・Accounts receiving disciplinary action for participation in RMT/illegal activity: 53
    ・Action Details: Temporary ban from (XXVIDEOGAMEXXX)

And, I believe, they actually provide a listing of accounts being dealt with (screen names and all). Or they used to when I last played.

Transparency & Action = Credibility.
  • Slots
    72 posts Member
    Options

There is no story here. YOu clicked 3 times. You are suspended until they remove your loot. You won't be banned unless you did it more than you have said you did.

Watch out this person knows everything!
  • Alverin
    39 posts Member
    Options
    Slots wrote: »

lol, I purposely did not comment on that one.
  • C3POwn
    507 posts Member
    Options
    NCNER8R wrote: »

Vader 7 star being a point? That's six months ago and being posted about now (welcome to the forum?). Better to keep that tail between your legs.

There is a track record here that creates significant doubt and lack of trust given the censorship.

To everyone out there who instantly jumps on the devs cashews everytime they make an announcement, just wait. No action has been taken and most likely won't for a while, if ever. How do you know they didn't just make up those numbers to please you? None of us have a way to confirm anything they say.

I know for a fact that a player who abused the extra raid rewards 16+ times was NEVER even suspended. This just proves that they really have no way of finding everyone who did this. If they can't even figure out how to do that, how can we have faith in what they say?
  • Options
    C3POwn wrote: »

To everyone out there who instantly jumps on the devs cashews everytime they make an announcement, just wait. No action has been taken and most likely won't for a while, if ever. How do you know they didn't just make up those numbers to please you? None of us have a way to confirm anything they say.

I know for a fact that a player who abused the extra raid rewards 16+ times was NEVER even suspended. This just proves that they really have no way of finding everyone who did this. If they can't even figure out how to do that, how can we have faith in what they say?

Go check out the reditt thread, or one of my comments here where I pasted it. You will see some have been hit already.
  • Aniema
    602 posts Member
    Options
    Are the cheaters banned?

Yeah they will be, but 3,683 people get to keep some stuff cause they only did it twice smh.

They DID get one piece of gear legit, so they ended up with one extra piece of gear\salvage and "stuff".

I can totally see that being an accident.. I have looked at rewards checked out went back and had not clicked "accept" I might have done that thinking this was the case.. after that I probably would have realized that something was up.

In two weeks when the Nubian savages go into the shipment shop they gonna be 2500 crystals. They won't have to pay for it if they all ready have it but I will. Man that's messed up.

You're sounding incredibly selfish here. We are talking about one raid worth of loot. It could be some salvage or it could be a full craft. Who cares? Anyone would have or could have clicked twice. I probably would have myself thinking that I misclicked or something silly the first time. Saying that you deserve compensation is rather childish. The world isn't fair. They have done plenty with this resolution.

I think a give a care if I come off as sounding selfish? I didn't freaking cheat! And I've spent a lot of money in the past 2 months. I could careless if it's a full raid gear piece or 25 peices. It's times 4000 people. If you're so holier than tho,why don't you delete the gear that comes in mail if indeed they do decide to send us all something. Wanna make a bet you don't delete it? Of course you wouldn't.
    Yeah I might be selfish so what, but I'm not a hypocrite.
  • Alverin
    39 posts Member
    Options
    Are the cheaters banned?

I think a give a care if I come off as sounding selfish? I didn't freaking cheat! And I've spent a lot of money in the past 2 months. I could careless if it's a full raid gear piece or 25 peices. It's times 4000 people. If you're so holier than tho,why don't you delete the gear that comes in mail if indeed they do decide to send us all something. Wanna make a bet you don't delete it? Of course you wouldn't.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure you can't delete it. The best you can do is keep ignoring it for several days until the email expires (which I'm not actually sure works, I've never let a message sit in my email for that long - the constant highlighted "1" over the email drives me nuts.)
  • Options

Bigger question is why do they not have the ability to query and find all the 7* Vaders themselves...
  • Options
    Are the cheaters banned?

Your leap of logic is astounding. :p
  • Options
    Are the cheaters banned?

There is nothing wrong with seeking repatriation, even for something nominal. It is not selfish to look after ones own interests; we're not codependant here in group therapy.
    what an ugly thing to say... does this mean we're not friends anymore?
  • Options
    Are the cheaters banned?

There is nothing wrong with seeking repatriation, even for something nominal. It is not selfish to look after ones own interests; we're not codependant here in group therapy.

The idea of reparation is to repay someone for damages caused. If a small percentage of players getting one extra raid reward is that large of an inconvenience to you then there are other issues. The world doesn't work in 50/50. When an olympic gold medalist is accused and found guilty of using steroids they take away the medal. They don't give every participant in the event a bronze silver or gold.

In WoW or any other MMO they don't send every player a legendary item because a number of players realized that a vendor was selling them for free. They ban those players and move on. Demanding payment that you didn't earn is not asking for reparation in my mind. It is throwing a tantrum so that you get free stuff.
  • Vampire_X
    1435 posts Moderator
    Options
    This is what other games post, on a weekly basis.

Time Period: Jun. 16, 2016 to Jun. 22, 2016

・Accounts receiving disciplinary action for RMT advertising: 674
    ・Accounts receiving disciplinary action for RMT/illicit activity: 4,921
    ・Action Details: Permanent ban from (XXVIDEOGAMEXXX)

・Accounts receiving disciplinary action for participation in RMT/illegal activity: 53
    ・Action Details: Temporary ban from (XXVIDEOGAMEXXX)

And, I believe, they actually provide a listing of accounts being dealt with (screen names and all). Or they used to when I last played.

Transparency & Action = Credibility.

Posting Account Names is not something that benefits the community and also can raise privacy concerns and secondary is that EA also has rules that manage how it chooses to handle privacy involving accounts for those under 18. These can be found at http://www.ea.com/privacy-policy

Wicked Sith Queen with the Pink Saber
  • Options

@Slots That or I actually read the dev post who laid out the actions pretty clearly. 3 clicky too quicky = suspension. Not like he will be banned if he only did it 3 times as that would not be "egregious".
  • Hangfire
    497 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    We are pretty linked to this game, this latest mess really hurt, I swear, I was feeling sick to my stomach at the peak over the weekend, yeah, maybe I need to reevaluate my relationship with the game.

Thank you for stepping up and fixing it. I agree with the terms. How about sending everyone who didn't do it a sweet bonus. I mean since the double dippers get to keep their extra rewards. Sending out two Nubians to all of us schmucks who played fair, would be nice.

Oh, and come on playerbase, someone on here had to have used the exploit, come on here and tell us what they are really doing to you.
  • Alverin
    39 posts Member
    Options

@Slots That or I actually read the dev post who laid out the actions pretty clearly. 3 clicky too quicky = suspension. Not like he will be banned if he only did it 3 times as that would not be "egregious".

Apparently you didn't read my original write up then. I sent in a bug report immediately upon the 3rd arriving in my email, and after no answer for 18 hours claimed the 3rd one to get the darned email out of my queue. I hardly clicked the 3rd one "quickly". Heck, had they any way to just mark an email as read it probably would have sat in there a lot longer (not like it would have helped, as I would have claimed it before it expired with no feedback from my bug report until the suspension 4 days later.)
  • Alverin
    39 posts Member
    Options

Apparently you didn't read my original write up then. I sent in a bug report immediately upon the 3rd arriving in my email, and after no answer for 18 hours claimed the 3rd one to get the darned email out of my queue. I hardly clicked the 3rd one "quickly". Heck, had they any way to just mark an email as read it probably would have sat in there a lot longer (not like it would have helped, as I would have claimed it before it expired with no feedback from my bug report until the suspension 4 days later.)

Aborted message.
  • darkensoul
    1309 posts Member
    Options
    Reparations for all!!
  • PainSaber
    156 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Look guys. I don't believe a single thing ea says without verifiable proof. Even if they do exactly what they just said they will do, some new glitch or screw up in the game will happen in the game within the next couple of weeks. Ea only cares about money. The only way to guarantee that you aren't disappointed in the future is to stop spending. This WILL HAPPEN AGAIN. It always does. Learn from the past and present

edit-no defaming, you do not need to insult others to make the point above.
  • Hangfire
    497 posts Member
    Options
    PainSaber wrote: »
    I suggest everyone watch for this fix to actually be implemented. Ea has a track record of saying one thing to appease angry players while doing another thing entirely.

That is a fact
  • Paule
    39 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Options

Go check out the reditt thread, or one of my comments here where I pasted it. You will see some have been hit already.

Our biggest offender who unlocked Han Solo using the exploit after finishing fourth that raid and continued to use that exploit to star Han Solo to 7 and level him to 80 is still playing as I write this. I've contacted mods I gave them the information and this cheater is continuing to play.

I did receive a response from Jesse asking me to contact @CG_LucifersDaddy and I did and haven't heard a response from him when several other guild members (all cheaters) have had multiple contact with him today.

Please deal with the individual the numbers are laid out he cheated to the tune of 350 Han Solo shards, 27 million credits, 50 scanners and god knows what else. He is playing as I type this and I am sick to my stomach that he is literally gleeful that he got away with his actions!

Not only does he have that Han Solo still (albeit Level 1 and 5 Star) he has everyone of his high level toons maxed. I am going out of my way to obey forum policy but this is horrendous that no action is being taken against this player.
  • Options
    PainSaber wrote: »
    Look guys. I don't believe a single thing ea says without verifiable proof. Even if they do exactly what they just said they will do, some new glitch or screw up in the game will happen in the game within the next couple of weeks. Ea only cares about money, and the devs are so incompetent they shouldn't even be working at mickey d's. The only way to guarantee that you aren't disappointed in the future is to stop spending. This WILL HAPPEN AGAIN. It always does. Learn from the past and present

But but they said they'd do it...they have to do it then right?