Galactic War - Post ALL Comments Here ***MEGATHREAD*** (GW Threads all Merged here)

Replies

• SteelersCA
    216 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Galactic Chore just isn't fun anymore. Bevis and Bonehead decided the July 15th patch was just too easy so lets slip in a nerf in the middle of the night. The audacity and smugness displayed by the powers that be remind me of the way the political parties treat their base.

"You cretons dont know what is good for you. We are smarter than you and will tell you what is good for you. Now gives us your money and smile when you hand it to us. Pathetic.

I have been playing daily since Mid Dec 2015 just after initial launch. I have been consistently been in top 3 in the Arena since January. And, I am nearing the end of this fishing expedition into my wallet. These guys have horrible business sense. Players feelings dont matter round here. Albion online starts in a few days. They are getting my money now. See ya EA/CG.
    Post edited by SteelersCA on
  • Mullato
    2582 posts Member

TgeZG3A.jpg

Otw to node 12 slowly but surely, and thankfully I got blessed with this easy node 6. Hopefully my luck carries on lol. Cad banes 7* gone happen today I can feel it.
  • gorki
    31 posts Member
    Guys, I'm sorry to see so many ppl having problems with GW. I agree it's harder now, but I don't remember when I didn't finish it last time. Please don't yell "nerf droids", but I have a droid team in Arena, pretty small power (around 31,500) And I do harder battles in GW with them (usually every "middle" one and then last 3). Other I do with team I like to have fun with, Like Teebo lead or counter-teams.
    Key for me is to neutralise Rey, Leia od QGJ, pretty much disable others, and pick them out before they make a turn.

I'm F2P :/
  • tRRRey
    2782 posts Member
    gorki wrote: »
    Guys, I'm sorry to see so many ppl having problems with GW. I agree it's harder now, but I don't remember when I didn't finish it last time. Please don't yell "nerf droids", but I have a droid team in Arena, pretty small power (around 31,500) And I do harder battles in GW with them (usually every "middle" one and then last 3). Other I do with team I like to have fun with, Like Teebo lead or counter-teams.
    Key for me is to neutralise Rey, Leia od QGJ, pretty much disable others, and pick them out before they make a turn.

I'm F2P :/

Droid teams are amazing in GW, the opponent rarely gets a turn before melting
    https://swgoh.gg/u/trey 66/
    Make Zader Great Again!
  • kello_511
    1648 posts Member
    Hello. Hello. Anyone in there. McFly!

While the added tags are great, how about the fact that they still aren't fixing anything. Let's no forget that GW is still a steaming pile. Teebo is still broken with hit stealth turning off after before 3 turns are over. And they just had to fix Wedge/Biggs and they still have to yet roll out one more update to fix them.

Please don't let them bamboozle you with their STH/88 scoundrel tags and forget about the massive problems they won't address.

It's a step in the right direction. It doesn't address all of the concerns brought up in the forums recently, obviously. But is the game better off with these updates than without? As long as the answer is "yes", it's better than the recent updates have been.
  • Dph9
    4 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Had my entire squad going into the final node and couldn't take out a single character. IG88 getting consecutive turns and one-shotting my entire bench. This is just awful. Everyone dead before I could even back out.

By the way, the whole "need to back out until the RNG doesn't screw you" is about the dumbest game mechanic I've ever experienced.
  • tRRRey
    2782 posts Member
    GW is what it is, don't expect a change anytime soon
    Make Zader Great Again!
  • Nikoms565 wrote: »
    Xylo_Phona wrote: »
    Wedge also needs to have Resistance synergies

Nope. They really should stop working on toons 96% of the player baae doesn't have or care about.

Well, that and Wedge was with the Rebellion, not the Resistance.

I'm with you on the pay toon part. I don't have him and will only get him unlocked after we get his free shards for log in next month.

Wedge was with Rebellion, New Republic and the Resistance, as was Akbar as some one else mentioned. You should read the Aftermath series and Bloodline.

I suppose that since he is in the orange jumpsuit he is only a XWing pilot so he is Rebellion only here in the game.
  • MIRACLE OF MIRACLES!

I FINISHED GW TODAY! I AM WHOLE AGAIN! I FEEL SO ALIVE!

Cheers
  • Node 6, met a team of lvl 80 droids, all 7* including a Gen Grevious. It took 4 full teams of maxed lvl 80 toons to kill them, and now I have no one left.

This is why GW has gotten ridiculous. Every node before this I used a team of all lvl 60ish toons, and kept the power under 20k.

If the game thinks this is an appropriate battle for lvl 60 toons, it's FUBAR. Plain and simple.
  • tRRRey
    2782 posts Member
    MIRACLE OF MIRACLES!

I FINISHED GW TODAY! I AM WHOLE AGAIN! I FEEL SO ALIVE!

Cheers

Congrats!
    Make Zader Great Again!
  • Its been 18 hours and I didn't move yet. Which is good as I lost 2 offensive battles.
  • Petski
    19 posts Member
    Depends on squad, how long youve been playing and experience
  • And as I made is I got.attacked and is now rank 15... Figures.
  • Its been 18 hours and I didn't move yet. Which is good as I lost 2 offensive battles.

I end up in 11th a lot if I have to move up, so I think it's just no one need to move you from your spot yet.
  • EscapeArtist51
    1675 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Nah that's just how your server is, no ones attacking you, and when they do your team is fighting them off. The sweet spot is really rank 5. You can attack rank 1 from there. For example if I'm chilling at rank 6. Im unable to attack rank 1 but if I want an easy match I can just attack rank 5. Then attack rank 1 from there.
  • Rank 2 is sweet spot for me b
  • tRRRey
    2782 posts Member
    Rank 2 and 3 are the sweet spots
    Make Zader Great Again!
  • People just didn't attack all day because of guild pvp started today's new activity
  • Node 6, met a team of lvl 80 droids, all 7* including a Gen Grevious. It took 4 full teams of maxed lvl 80 toons to kill them, and now I have no one left.

This is why GW has gotten ridiculous. Every node before this I used a team of all lvl 60ish toons, and kept the power under 20k.

If the game thinks this is an appropriate battle for lvl 60 toons, it's FUBAR. Plain and simple.

The game doesn't care that you only used L60 teams. It knows you have L80 in your roster and builds the board based on that.
  • [*] Provide a real challenge to players. In other words: it’s meant to be hard!

As always, we will continue to monitor the data and player feedback and determine if further tweaks to the tuning are needed.

Thanks!

Dear EA, I think I am finally done with SWGOH and will be moving onto another game more aligned with my play style. I have spent thousands on this game, but I still get my **** kicked each and every round of GW - no matter how many permutations I go through with my team. It drives me crazy that I always encounter a team that runs the table on me with 15 consecutive turns. I don't mind pay to win, but I can't tolerate this nonsense any longer. Signing off, SV
  • Sweet spot will be rank #15000 as no one will attack u EVER
  • Daezl
    177 posts Member
    Nah that's just how your server is, no ones attacking you, and when they do your team is fighting them off. The sweet spot is really rank 5. You can attack rank 1 from there. For example if I'm chilling at rank 6. Im unable to attack rank 1 but if I want an easy match I can just attack rank 5. Then attack rank 1 from there.
    Sniping from 5th is rude AF man. Climb to 2nd or 3rd first.
  • Those who think the GW is easy are likely outside the arena top 100.

I'm getting omega teams on my sixth nice fully modded.

I don't know why I keep checking here thinking they will fix this.
  • Mullato
    2582 posts Member
    MenaceTEC wrote: »
    Those who think the GW is easy are likely outside the arena top 100.

Its not something that needs fixing tbh. Either get a better roster or just lose. It's part of a game, and games are supposed to be challenging. You act like this is click and collect simulator. Gw is the only mode in the game that challenges you to think outside of the same 5 toons you use in arena. You have to use strategy across your roster of toons you have built up.

The only fix I think GW needs is an increase in the credit reward. If they pushed the total payout to 1m credits then I feel people would just try harder instead of giving up or complaining.

Sometimes you have to accept defeat. Don't give up tho, there is a way you can beat it. And once you figure out what that is I bet you will feel accomplished. Goodluck bro.

Much love
    Mullato
  • RyanRen
    994 posts Member
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    Yep. Sometimes you even get "protected" in earlier time zones by #1 stalling by attacking you to a draw.

What happens if you attack a lower rank opponent? I've reached number one at the payout, but never had to try to hold it.
  • MenaceTEC wrote: »
    Those who think the GW is easy are likely outside the arena top 100.

I finish #1 in arena almost every time I'm not working during reset. I haven't lost GW in months. I get the same teams everyone else does. 6, 9, 11, and 12 are always tough, with 12 being well above my own arena power.
  • MenaceTEC
    670 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    I've won over 1700 guild war battles. Completed it over 120 times. I ignored it the first month I played as I didn't know what it was.

I've got more depth than most.

It changes wildly as you rise in arena rank.
  • Mullato
    2582 posts Member
    MenaceTEC wrote: »
    I've won over 1700 guild war battles. Completed it over 120 times. I ignored it the first month I played as I didn't know what it was.
    I've got more depth than most.
    It changes wildly as you rise in arena rank.

I always thought it was based off of your top 5 toons power. Regardless if you run them in arena or not?
  • How is it that the last 3 nods it seems that my teams, even level 73+ teams never go first. I have had teams destroy me due to this. Looking for explanation that makes sense.