Galactic War - Post ALL Comments Here ***MEGATHREAD*** (GW Threads all Merged here)

Replies

• You dont need all these healers. FirePower and stuns take you a good ways before you need the heal. RG and Daka are useful. Ive never used Bariss and havent touched JC in a long time
  • vincentlondon
    4527 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Well i was just giving my opinion but i m open to other ideas. :)
  • I just see so many discussions about how hard GW is and that they can't beat it no matter what ( which are posted by normal people that aren't like trellent) and yea it might be hard again for some people that have been playing for a while but it is still very much beatable for them. I just wanted to let the people that are having a hard time know that there is no big secret. Just put in the time and u will beat it way more than u think u will
  • IamTex
    44 posts Member
    The thing is, it is an utter crapshoot every day. Today, I hit a team in the fifth node that my A team couldn't beat without losing anyone. It wasn't even a maxed out team -- level 68 and 69. But the combo of skills they had was just decimating my A team. Many retreats and different methods used. Just a killer set of synergy (most specifically QGJ getting Sid as his assist dropping healing immunity if they didn't one shot kill whoever I put in that slot)

Fortunately, I have alternate teams. Dropped in a suicide squad to get rid of Old Ben and QGJ. Let the A team finish them off and then Cruise through the rest of GW (didn't need another suicide squad until node 11). But those that don't have decent suicide squads, they have trouble. It's not a magical character that you need -- it's depth and good draws.
  • Faff2D2
    253 posts Member
    KAULI wrote: »
    F2p.
    Phasma/Rey/Sid/lumi/JC
    I can do all nodes with the same team. JC may die on last nodes. Then replace him for anyone of your roster.

I've come to realize something the last week or so. The AI really really hates JC when you get around node 10 or so. I mean they really go after him.

This. Since last update one of the most frustrating things is the ai targets your healers and revivers like mad. Ya know, just to make it a little harder..
  • Timitock
    2844 posts Member
    I lost many GW in the beginning, then reached a critical mass and have won 40 straight since then. There are things you can do that help. Not mandatory things, helpful things. You can probably win regularly with a number of strategies. I want to make it as easy as possible so I can fly through it and ensure my payout.

Healers
    Max A team
    Decent B team
    Suicide Squads

The healers and max A team were the most helpful. Barriss has the biggest passive heal, and increases everyones pool. No-brainer lead. Luminara Heal over time stacks nicely. Ahsoka heals every other turn. JC heals every other turn. You do not need them all, but the more you have the easier things get.
  • Paddyrick wrote: »
    I just auto mine now, put in 3-4 healers and rey and I'm sorted

Seriously? I haven't lost in weeks, have 15 Maxed out toons, and about 30 suicide toons, and some days are still challenging. I have heard people saying they do their entire galactic war on auto, but I have to see it to believe it. Are you doing the targeting or is the AI?
  • Paddyrick wrote: »
    I just auto mine now, put in 3-4 healers and rey and I'm sorted

Seriously? I haven't lost in weeks, have 15 Maxed out toons, and about 30 suicide toons, and some days are still challenging. I have heard people saying they do their entire galactic war on auto, but I have to see it to believe it. Are you doing the targeting or is the AI?

I have never done it on auto or really thought about doing it, but I have seen one video of a guy that unlocked all toons and like 3/4 of them were almost maxed out(if that says anything) but he still kept switching them up to keep them from being destroyed
  • Slyler
    16 posts Member
    Joe_Cus wrote: »
    Since I'm in a constant farm\sim mode, GW is really the only fun I get to have.

my exact thoughts. Not complaining, I am just still at the Lou t where GW takes effort. It does definitely get easier, but it's the most fun part of the game!

• I've only beat it 3 times ever. I was just ranked in the top 200 for 3 consecutive days the other day and usually hover round 300-350. How do people beat it so easy? I beat it the first time I ever played it and the other two times after not playing arena for a couple days. I have tons of good toons. It don't make sense when I read of people beating it easily
  • Achilles
    1380 posts Member
    I also throw in Talia as a suicide healer and don't forget Daka. I rotate her for heal and stuns
    Talia a suicide healer? Sorry, thats just not true at all, she might lose a bit HP on her heal, but she gains damage = selfheal on her basic every time, so she is far away from a "suicide healer" ...
    Left by design.
    The fixed payout times are the worst part of this game and makes it absolutely family-unfriendly.
  • klay
    76 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    While I understand what you are saying OP, it isn't really as simple as you make it. I started late Novemeber and didn't start beating GW with any regularity until the change in retreat happened. While I have only lost a couple times since then, I find it to be quite challenging now.

Lately, I have been losing about 1-3 characters per run. That isn't a lot to lose overall but I have to put in a lot of effort to maintain my top 5 or so characters throughout GW. There are many strategies that work. I wouldn't assume people who don't beat it simply don't know what they are doing though.
  • 6*+ lvl 65+ bariss (L) gear 8+
    7* lvl 70+ lumi gear 8+
    6*+ lvl 70+ daka gear 8+ or 7* lvl 70+ sid gear 8
    6*+ lvl 70+ dooku gear 8+
    6*+ lvl 70+ gs gear 8+

Gw will start to get easy, esp. If you have backup teams:
    Team b: ns with rg for softer targets
    Team c: droids with poe, poggle for insane targets
    Team d: jedi led by qgj, jc and 6*+ yoda as the final solution
    Team z: the rest of erm as cannon fodder
    Benched subs: FO to replace killed individuals above...
  • TLDR; difficulty in this game seems very variable

im a relatively noo(b) player, since about jan/feb, im also a 1p2p (paid £8 for crystals once), and i could never beat it. then i had a spell of about 8 times of beating it relatively easily, now im completely stuck again.

you do sometimes get a node at level 5-8 ish where you just get trounced. Im level 62 and have sid7* (just got him 7*'d last night!), barris 5*, JC 5*, Geo and IG86, as the starting line up.

the difficulty does seem to vary significantly, both daily, and compared to say a month ago. i got killed by a vader, dooku, sid, lumi and JC team today, i tried about 10 times, lots of switching people around, 2 suicide squads eventually. then destroyed the next 3 levels, then got wiped out by a 71 team.

As a side note, i just unlocked level 6 cantina and 3*d every level in 2 days, was a bit disappointed with that, was hoping for more of a challenge. same with light side 6 hard, except the last level is impossible for my current squad, they all get destroyed by rounds of grenades...

cheers
  • klay wrote: »
    While I understand what you are saying OP, it isn't really as simple as you make it. I started late Novemeber and didn't start beating GW with any regularity until the change in retreat happened. While I have only lost a couple times since then, I find it to be quite challenging now.

Lately, I have been losing about 1-3 characters per run. That isn't a lot to lose overall but I have to put in a lot of effort to maintain my top 5 or so characters throughout GW. There are many strategies that work. I wouldn't assume people who don't beat it simply don't know what they are doing though.

I have 11 characters who are 7 star gear8 and my barris is 6 star gear 8. And I'm not trying to make it sound like I clear all rounds without restarting a good couple of times or that I hit auto and go make me a sandwich. There are plenty of times that I have to restart. The past couple of Galaxy wars from node 3 on the opponents were 70 and up. And usually around the middle I get the super sweet team where I sub out my Ashoka for Poe, but I haven't had to do that for a good little while. I never used restart at first until it got updated and that is a life saver but what helped me out the most that most of the people that weren't near lvl 70 before the update is that once I did hit 70 when it was the max lvl I had plenty of time to lvl up those other few toons to max and now those people have to wait till they get to 80 while deciding to focus on arena team or GW team. The best advice I can give besides sticking with it till u get to max lvl is farm healers as well as your main arena team. For me personally barris was my lifesaver. But no matter what it takes time especially when u are fighting an uphill battle to get to max lvl
  • So battling on the 10th node, it took me 8+ min to beat the other team. Plus I had the added bonus of them dodging 10 times. Though my team I would say dodge just as equal. SO between their FULL protection and dodging this game is just laughable.
    I am not saying that they must make GW easier, that is not my complaint. Fix this dodge fest and remove protection so that battles are not so drawn out and long.!
  • cherno
    99 posts Member
    So I'm not going to totally jump on the bandwagon complaining about how difficult (frustrating is more appropriate probably) GW can be. Sometimes you run into a high geared ben led team with RG protection and high tm. That can truly suck. The old way I would hit 4 or 5 of those in a row. They've fixed it so now that only happens maybe once or twice through the cycle and doesn't seem to be in a row, so I get a recovery node or two in between. I'm perfectly fine with that. It keeps it challenging while still allowing me to apply strategy and change things up when I need to. I don't think I should be able to auto through the entire GW with a single team.

However, the past two days I've run into some really weird nodes at the end. After yesterday's particularly frustrating run, getting ready to see what the last node would bring I was presented with a full 3* team chewie lead all levels high 70s or 80s. So strange. Then the same thing happened today in nodes 11 and 12. 11 was a Zam led team, Zam doesn't even have leader ability!

Something's clearly screwed up somewhere. I would love to see them change it so that you can see all your upcoming opponents through the whole line. That would make it more fun for me to strategize, plan on sui teams if needed, or even have fun fighting some early nodes with an empire team or eworks or something before it all gets real.

xJ2tkrv.jpg

IJh2Nwa.jpg

WYKfW3q.jpg
  • cherno
    99 posts Member
    Not a complaint really, and trust me, I've faced those impossible teams too, just very strange and to prove to EA that they have something busted. There is something broken in their matching and team formation programming to allow that low a team, geared and composed that way, to ever show up in any node when playing at level 80.
  • shampoo
    442 posts Member
    GW is based off your highest powered arena team. So if you got a high power team then the system can't find anything higher/high enough for those last slots it fills in junk.
  • I've been getting those fill in teams on last two nodes for a while now. At least 6 weeks.
  • cherno
    99 posts Member
    Is that based on a team it calculates or the team I actually formed for arena. I would gladly reform my arena team into something more janky if it lets me get through GW more smoothly.
  • cherno wrote: »
    Is that based on a team it calculates or the team I actually formed for arena. I would gladly reform my arena team into something more janky if it lets me get through GW more smoothly.

If you go into the "manage" area for you guild you can sort by arena power. I think that's the number it's using.
  • Yudoka
    1274 posts Member
    shampoo wrote: »
    GW is based off your highest powered arena team. So if you got a high power team then the system can't find anything higher/high enough for those last slots it fills in junk.

He's gone to plaid and looped!

I actually experienced the same thing last night. My first 10 fights were the new easier normal but the 11th was a total whale team with completely maxed out Rex, Sunpac, Leia, Rey, and Phasma. I thought the last battle would be just as nuts but I instead got a similar 3-star team. And no, my arena team's power isn't maxed out or highest on my server. I'm currently at just over 36k and have plenty of teams above that mark in the arena to face.
    They groaned, they stirred, they all uprose, Nor spoke, nor moved their eyes; It had been strange, even in a dream, To have seen those dead men rise.
  • cherno
    99 posts Member
    cherno wrote: »

If you go into the "manage" area for you guild you can sort by arena power. I think that's the number it's using.

Thanks. 38780. I fear I'm in for some very frustrating nodes and some very easy nodes for the foreseeable future..
  • Alexone
    3646 posts Member
    Yea had this as well. Second to last node a real pain, probably the hardest fight i've encountered in GW so far (had no Rey or Leia in it, figures). And last node was a team similar to yours.
  • Buffer overrun. This cannot be intentional behavior. And if it is, it only happens for high-power players (the whaleyish type) which is a completely bogus maneuver for lower-tier players. Completely unacceptable to punish the little guy this way.
  • Just proves something is out of whack. Impossible Chromium only teams or 3* teams; neither should be encountered by anyone at a mid level or f2p/low sending player
  • The funny thing is I ran into a team like this in arena the other day.
  • Dawnofdeadeye
    233 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Do something similar to other games. Have a 'easy/normal' mode for those wanting to blow through GW and get something, but not spend a ton of time. Then have a hard mode with stiffer competition and bigger rewards. You choose the type (easy/hard) before node 1 and have to stick with that until next restart of GW. Pretty simple in theory. Just requires one extra launch page and getting an algorithm that works for picking opponents and dishing out rewards. Hard would possibly mean not completing GW also if facing maxed teams at the end comparable to your team, but most likely stronger.

I'm sure this has been given as an option before...just haven't seen it myself.