Galactic War - Post ALL Comments Here ***MEGATHREAD*** (GW Threads all Merged here)

Replies

• Rumpelstilzchen
    1754 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    Obsid wrote: »
    Well, based on our feedback, they have decided how they wish to change GW. They will make it harder! .... Really?

At this point, I have decided how I will handle GW. I will save two arena challenges after the payout I will play the arena with my worst characters and then reset GW and then play with my arena team again. Hopefully that will solve the GW problem.

I've wondered about that. Keep us updated please.
    pnett_13 wrote: »
    EA will not get another dime from me. This is a huge kick in the junk from them. I don't really see the point in worrying about getting banned if they don't take our complaints seriously.

Banned, you are labelled a malcontent and your opinion is discarded. Who wins then? I'm tired of gamers being dismissed as mouth breathing basement dwellers. I know gamers that are lawyers in huge law firms, doctors, teachers, and more. Our opinions matter. IF we don't give the powers that be, an excuse to silence us. Make sense?

• Obsid
    108 posts Member
    Options
    Well, based on our feedback, they have decided how they wish to change GW. They will make it harder! .... Really?

At this point, I have decided how I will handle GW. I will save two arena challenges after the payout I will play the arena with my worst characters and then reset GW and then play with my arena team again. Hopefully that will solve the GW problem.

After looking into it a bit, it probably wont help (but ill try it anyway and see). According to the dev at reddit, its based off of: "your highest rank and we do some 'maths' with that and with your 5 most powerful characters to determine where you will stand in GW." So if you have 5 really powerful characters (and thats all you have) then you are not going to do as well in GW. While if you have 20, kinda ok powered chars, then you should rock GW. And it has nothing to do with your arena power (and once you have EVER been #1, that part is fixed).

Here is the reddit thread:https://www.reddit.com/r/SWGalaxyOfHeroes/comments/432ybr/dont_reset_gw_at_rank1/
  • Options

After looking into it a bit, it probably wont help (but ill try it anyway and see). According to the dev at reddit, its based off of: "your highest rank and we do some 'maths' with that and with your 5 most powerful characters to determine where you will stand in GW." So if you have 5 really powerful characters (and thats all you have) then you are not going to do as well in GW. While if you have 20, kinda ok powered chars, then you should rock GW. And it has nothing to do with your arena power (and once you have EVER been #1, that part is fixed).

Here is the reddit thread:https://www.reddit.com/r/SWGalaxyOfHeroes/comments/432ybr/dont_reset_gw_at_rank1/

Thanks, basing it on arena power would have been what programmers call "lazy programming" you just grab something (data) that makes things work and move on. Glad they fixed it.

• Options
    I will never spend a dime on this game again. After reading that arrogant response my entire guild is ready to walk. GW has become a total waste. We are all being laughed at
  • tmntguy86
    447 posts Member
    Options
    The failure to address GW to what the masses want is just a slap in the face. Not only are you simply ignoring the masses (bc it's blatantly obvious only a few like it the way it as as opposed to those who HATE this version) but now you are making it harder for those who were lucky enough to have a big to give them a pass on node 12. On the other hand, maybe some of those who've been lucky enough to get the pass on node are the ones who keep saying they enjoy this version. If so, hopefully they get a team now they cannot compete with on node 12 so they can feel like the rest of us. Not all of us are p2p and before you say your team is made up of f2p toons, remember as a truly f2p player, you can only grow your team so fast. I've been playing since Christmas so it's not like I just started a month ago.

This version as well as the rewards are absolutely terrible. Nothing like alienating your fan base and the majority of your players. *sigh, slow golf clap and sighs some more*
  • EnderU
    103 posts Member
    Options
    So the answer is GW is now fine?

LOL.

The biggest whale on our shard just left the game.

People are done spending, or are just leaving altogether because they simply will NOT listen.

The overwhelming greed and general incompetence on display is now really turning people off big time.

I am done now completely with GW, no more wasting up to 90 mins a day, I've got better thing to do, Maybe I'll run to to node 5, but then that's it.

I'm also done spending, no more cash from me, no matter what new money making scheme is now cooked up.

Soon, I too, will also just be done with this game.
  • stumpoman
    442 posts Member
    Options
    I am doing one battle and ignoring it outside of the guild GW day. Then I suppose I will be getting 15. It's great. I can spend more time on other apps that compete with this one.
  • Options
    tmntguy86 wrote: »
    The failure to address GW to what the masses want is just a slap in the face. Not only are you simply ignoring the masses (bc it's blatantly obvious only a few like it the way it as as opposed to those who HATE this version) but now you are making it harder for those who were lucky enough to have a big to give them a pass on node 12. On the other hand, maybe some of those who've been lucky enough to get the pass on node are the ones who keep saying they enjoy this version. If so, hopefully they get a team now they cannot compete with on node 12 so they can feel like the rest of us. Not all of us are p2p and before you say your team is made up of f2p toons, remember as a truly f2p player, you can only grow your team so fast. I've been playing since Christmas so it's not like I just started a month ago.

This version as well as the rewards are absolutely terrible. Nothing like alienating your fan base and the majority of your players. *sigh, slow golf clap and sighs some more*

What people fail to understand is that those who got an easy node 12 get their maxed out squad on nodes 9 - 11. So even if you had the same GW map, that same team you can't beat on node 12, you wouldn't be able to beat on node 11. You would make even less progress than you are now, and get less credits.

• Obsid
    108 posts Member
    Options
    As it has not yet been mentioned on the main forums, I saw this post by a dev on reddit: "What I will say is that the credit rewards for GW have been adjusted upwards, and that will go out with the next major patch. A full clear should net you around 150k more. (Not sure on the exact value, but that's close.)" https://www.reddit.com/r/SWGalaxyOfHeroes/comments/4qv8t0/galactic_war_changes_megathread/d4w7cr1
  • pnett_13
    33 posts Member
    Options
    It might as well be 150 million if we can't clear it
  • Obsid
    108 posts Member
    Options
    Galdin_Wan wrote: »

What people fail to understand is that those who got an easy node 12 get their maxed out squad on nodes 9 - 11. So even if you had the same GW map, that same team you can't beat on node 12, you wouldn't be able to beat on node 11. You would make even less progress than you are now, and get less credits.

They are only getting easy teams on node 12 because the algorithm couldnt find a team hard enough given how much harder that node is meant to be. Imagine all the other people who actually have to fight a team that much harder for them. It scales up, so a node 12 team is meant to be 130% of your top 5 people (but they couldnt do that for the maxed out teams because there is no teams higher). Right now those teams have it easy compared to the rest of us who have to fight SIGNIFICANTLY more challenging teams, while they only have to fight teams about equal to what they have and then the last node far less challenging. Even after this patch, I suspect the last node for them will be another team at about 100% power level (not 130% like the rest of us)

• Rumpelstilzchen
    1754 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    As it has not yet been mentioned on the main forums, I saw this post by a dev on reddit: "What I will say is that the credit rewards for GW have been adjusted upwards, and that will go out with the next major patch. A full clear should net you around 150k more. (Not sure on the exact value, but that's close.)" https://www.reddit.com/r/SWGalaxyOfHeroes/comments/4qv8t0/galactic_war_changes_megathread/d4w7cr1

Yes, but does that mean node 12 pays 150k more or the total credit rewards for all the nodes combined, have incrementally been increased?
  • Options
    Galdin_Wan wrote: »

They are only getting easy teams on node 12 because the algorithm couldnt find a team hard enough given how much harder that node is meant to be. Imagine all the other people who actually have to fight a team that much harder for them. It scales up, so a node 12 team is meant to be 130% of your top 5 people (but they couldnt do that for the maxed out teams because there is no teams higher). Right now those teams have it easy compared to the rest of us who have to fight SIGNIFICANTLY more challenging teams, while they only have to fight teams about equal to what they have and then the last node far less challenging. Even after this patch, I suspect the last node for them will be another team at about 100% power level (not 130% like the rest of us)

My power is just below 37K

These are not 37K teams

IMG_1187_zpsy7xsihv7.jpg

0_IMG_1998_zps7y7rtgp3.jpg

IMG_1243_zpserbuvrzr.jpg

You show me the teams you're fighting that are SIGNIFICANTLY more challenging.
  • Kell87
    2 posts Member
    Options
    If you close out the app in the middle of a GW battle I think it kills all your guys off
  • Options
    Currently I'm on node 9 with level 80 toons. All gear 9. I am able to get Rey down to less than one red square of health. Welcome to Dodge city my friends. Not one of my attacks hit her, and the rest of the team proceeds to kill every one of my toons before I get another hit in.

GW may not be a problem for them, but for us it is. Maybe the only solution to this is, would be to not play it. They already dropped 2 events that weren't received well. If they see that everyone stops playing GW, maybe then they will make the necessary changes.
  • drmz87
    11 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    I dont think the devs even want to pay attention to this , that is how u loose player base

Instead they r giving us a different rubbish in the form of mods ...

I agree to stopping playing ...altogether
    Post edited by GummyBearKing268 on
  • Options
    I'm literally speechless at the response to this 61 page thread begging them to rethink the recent changes....
  • Miss_Doll
    258 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    @drmz87

So they set up a megathread and don't read it...
    Post edited by GummyBearKing268 on
  • Options
    Yep, I'm out. I just read that they aren't going to do anything to make GW manageable.
    I'll spend my money elsewhere. Great game at first but the last two months the devs have completely managed to suck the fun out of it completely.
  • Options
    Unreal.
  • tmntguy86
    447 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    Aaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhh

Is basically what I have to say after spending 2 hours of my night tonight trying to complete this ridiculous GW. Nothing more I hate than this mode of the game. Even more than the ridiculous raid gear, credit crunch, shard and gear drops. Hate is not even a strong enough word for how I feel about GW
  • Options
    Go F2P. Then others can pay to win, allowing you and the rest of us to play for free. Darn nice of the few to spend their cash so we don't have to. Lol
  • Options
    This is just feels like a slap on my face:

"We will continue to adjust Galactic War as needed, but there are currently no plans to make any additional changes in the near future. We will be addressing a bug that appears for high powered teams where the final node is a very weak team for them, this should be fixed in an update in the near future."

Are we being completely ignored???!!!

We want some changes! This GW is ridiculous!
    I've spent more than I want to admit on this game and now this adjustment is ruining my enjoyment
  • Options
    1800 posts ignored from EA. And counting.
  • Options
    Posted by Jesse today:

We will continue to adjust Galactic War as needed, but there are currently no plans to make any additional changes in the near future. This move just reeks of take it or leave it attitude. It is not about what you intended or wanted for the feature. It is about what your customers want. Pathetic. I am not giving you another dime until your position changes.

We will be addressing a bug that appears for high powered teams where the final node is a very weak team for them, this should be fixed in an update in the near future. But of course you are going to get right on this part of it. Pathetic.
  • Faroer
    246 posts Member
    Options
    They aren't changing GW which means you will have to have at least 2 lvl80 full geared 7* teams to get through the end. Unfortunately the credits to build extra teams from GW. SO if you aren't already maxed, then you are screwed.

The only credit Addition they have mentioned is selling extra mods. BUT IF selling mods doesn't make up the difference in credit income from old GW and THUS remove this progression blockage, the game will die. What wasted potential...
  • masters
    235 posts Member
    Options
    So why don't they fix the bug that allows weak opponents at the end. That's a big advantage to have the same battles, relatively speaking, and then face a cupcake to finish it off. Then collect all the rewards due.
  • milkacak
    21 posts Member
    Options
    This is just feels like a slap on my face:

"We will continue to adjust Galactic War as needed, but there are currently no plans to make any additional changes in the near future. We will be addressing a bug that appears for high powered teams where the final node is a very weak team for them, this should be fixed in an update in the near future."

Are we being completely ignored???!!!

We want some changes! This GW is ridiculous!
    I've spent more than I want to admit on this game and now this adjustment is ruining my enjoyment

But you will have changes, don't worry. lol. They will make the last node hard, because obviously this is not correct. Why on Earth we will enjoy easy last node? This is not how God (EA/CG) intended it. It's supposed to be hard , right?
  • Jay21
    61 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    Ugh
  • miknej
    3 posts Member
    Options
    Devs - I don't understand. Is it really so hard to set an increasing difficulty throughout GW?? Getting fully(!) maxed team on node 6 is ridiculous and annoying. Rey, RG, Old Ben (neverending dodges), QGJ,GS - it's a little bit over the top even on node 12 but on node 6??
    Please, just stop meddling with the GW. Just stop.