Galactic War - Post ALL Comments Here ***MEGATHREAD*** (GW Threads all Merged here)

Replies

• Tom777
    14 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    Hi everyone,

I would like EA understand something :
    We have a life apart of the game!
    My guilde and other game mate are over Thirty years old. We don't do the GW and last events because it is so long and boring.
    We don't care if it's meant to be hard or not. We play since November, we ve got real life with wife and children. We can not waste so much time as needed in GW.
    Post edited by GummyBearKing268 on
  • Redjackryan
    84 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    So I don't know if this has been said or not but why not just let us use allies in GW... So it gives us an extra player to help and keeps at least one person with protection. Of course not everyone has high lvl allies. But it would take the sting off at least a little bit. Then again the rewards could always be better.
  • ukdfink
    148 posts Member
    Options
    herbert79 wrote: »
    Yep, I'm out. I just read that they aren't going to do anything to make GW manageable.
    I'll spend my money elsewhere. Great game at first but the last two months the devs have completely managed to suck the fun out of it completely.

<Waves at my homie>
  • Options
    I feel I have to add my comments as yesterday's GW was just ridiculous. I have only 3 champs with G9 and 1 G10. But after 5 nodes in a row facing fully capped teams with G9 gear and better, the last node I hit a team of mostly G10/11 with a fully drained roster. I know you want to give us a challenge, but this is very broken. A challenge should still be completable, this is insane.

• Options
    Lol Galdin_wan at least you only has 1 RG in your set. I faced 4 of those in a row all with RG and Rey. Have nothing left for the last node. First GW I have not been able to complete in 4 months
  • SlyTalker
    21 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    Alright, I know everyone is upset and frustrated about the GW stealth tweaks, and the devs complete disregard for their player base and the cowardly way they've been avoiding us, but I just gotta tell you this one thing....I just got back from getting my free bronzium data card in the data card store and I am freaking out over how fast the skip button popped up after I hit the free button. Its absolutely mind blowing, I was all set to quit but there's no way I can go after experiencing this game changing piece of code work. Way to go EA, nicely done!!
    Post edited by GummyBearKing268 on
  • Options
    I'm not spending another cent until GW is fixed. This is completely ridiculous and shafts lower level players.
  • Mauler
    69 posts Member
    Options
    I gave this change a week before I commented. I hate it. It's a daily building frustration. I have to do it to compete, but I want to throw my phone at the wall every five minutes. I play the game to escape my daily frustrations, not to create more.
  • Nodoon
    112 posts Member
    Options

You show me the teams you're fighting that are SIGNIFICANTLY more challenging.
    [/quote]

You did not screen shot your team to compare. The power level difference for some people is what is unreasonable. If you are 37k and those are 42k, that is pretty bad, I agree. But I am usually now facing a 36k on 11 and a 39k on 12, while my max power is only 29,841. SO where you are getting 1 very difficult battle I am facing 2. My node 6 is still a slight challenge, and 9 is just a bit more challenging. I have been able to complete 4 of the last 6 days, but I have an A-B-C team that are all somewhat okay. Not everyone has the the time to do that.

If GW was not the only reliable way to get credits, then I would be fine with it being as difficult as they want it to be. Looking right now at the game though, Raids are meant to be difficult, events are meant to be difficult, arena is meant to be difficult and GW is meant to be horrendously difficult, apparently. This is a mobile phone game. It is not an MMORPG that we should have to invest all of our free time into. It should not cater to only the level 80 whales that can spend 100s whenever they feel like it.

It is just a mobile phone game...

• Mauler
    69 posts Member
    Options
    I also find the 15 day "fix" in June and subsequent reversion to be either very poorly planned or extremely suspect.
  • Options
    Those devs, they are hilarious ! :D
    The more we complain about GW, the harder they will made it. It's a war !
  • Options
    We will continue to adjust Galactic War as needed, but there are currently no plans to make any additional changes in the near future.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W7xYZwEFGc8
  • Options
    Why do we want to mod our toons to make them more powerfull if it means a harder GW. The only way the game will work going forward is GW is not related to your squad power, it should be a set level per node, ie level 80 gear 7 opponents at node 9 then level 80 gear 10 opponents at node 10 etc, then add new nodes when they raise level cap, modding toons is just going to create even more miss matches in GW.
  • Options
    Well for the first time I was unable to finish GW, it's no fun anymore. Spent hours trying to get through, shouldn't be forced to play that much. I'm done buying crystals till it changes. Just wanted to vent and say my story.
  • ukdfink
    148 posts Member
    Options
    SlyTalker wrote: »
    Alright, I know everyone is really ***** off and frustrated about the GW stealth tweaks, and the devs complete disregard for their player base and the cowardly way they've been avoiding us, but I just gotta tell you this one thing....I just got back from getting my free bronzium data card in the data card store and I am freaking out over how fast the skip button popped up after I hit the free button. Its absolutely mind blowing, I was all set to quit but there's no way I can go after experiencing this game changing piece of code work. Way to go EA, nicely done!!

Kudos bro
  • Daddio
    21 posts Member
    Options
    I'm done. Game deleted. I already feel better.
  • Options
    According to the 7/8 update, it's not an error and they're not changing it.
  • Options
    Personally, I think it's garbage but hey, who am I besides just another paying customer, right? Well,I WAS a paying customer, anyway....
  • Options
    Am I the only one who thinks GW and grinding for gear becoming an actual chore?
  • Options
    GW used to be my favorite, now I loathe it. I understand trying to make it a challenge, and I get giving some extras to the P2P folks, but now I'm feeling there's actual disdain for the F2P people. I'm level 80 and GW is now impossible for me. They took away the only way for the F2P people to farm toons at a decent pace. Now I'm just getting 5 shards a day out of GW...10 if I get really lucky. And of course the GW achievement is just sitting there mocking you. I guess I won't be getting THAT achievement, like, ever.
  • Options
    Am I the only one who thinks GW and grinding for gear becoming an actual chore?

+1
  • Options
    +2' it's becoming worse than work..
    Feel like quitting, esp. If the mod thing worsens the grind and the donations to a broken unenjoyable system.
  • IdraRage
    259 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    Yes too much stuff. 12 GW battles, 8 ewok battles, a raid, arena, and more every day. A mobile game should give you most of the potential rewards in under 30 mins/day, with marginal gains to be had for playing for hours.

If they want people to play for a few months and quit it's OK, but if they want their players to stay for years the amount of daily tasks needs to go down.
  • Dabro11
    29 posts Member
    Options
    Wonder if the developers know that bait and switch tactics are illegal? Especially when a publicly traded company! I guess they think most of their customers are kids.

• Options
    Dabro11 wrote: »
    Wonder if the developers know that bait and switch tactics are illegal? Especially when a publicly traded company! I guess they think most of their customers are kids.

That's exactly what I've been thinking myself.
  • Darth_Jay77
    3163 posts Member
    Options
    The only way GW is palatable at this point is if EA literally doubles the rewards. Especially with Mods coming, that's what we're gonna need.

@EA_Jesse
  • Rumpelstilzchen
    1754 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    Just checked google play Top Charts, SWGOH is at 84...(Posting for reference later)
  • KelEl85
    158 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    I was just playing next to my 4 year old son on the couch. I spent 2 full refreshes trying to get some stun guns and I got 1. I let out a snort of frustration and disbelief.

My son: what's wrong dad?

Me: my game is being dumb

My son: then delete it

He gets it. My 4 year old is apparently smarter than the management. No fun and rising frustration=deletion.

He's also smarter than me apparently because I haven't deleted it just yet...
  • Ceirowyn
    14 posts Member
    Options
    I hate gw. I used to love it. It's only penalizing the non whales or new players. Not another dime into this game.
  • Options
    Finished my daily GW. Figured I'd check in and let you know how much I still hate it.