Dropping like flies

Prev134567
After the update tonight, the guild I am a member of has been losing members left and right, I believe we have lost 5-6 strong members just in a matter of hours because of the unhappiness in the new updates......anyone else experiencing this? Very sad......

Replies

• Tomek
    327 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    EA kills this game bringing mods. The most exited improvement : raids have no sense if moded char will take place . No mods but new 10 raids we should see. This is the end of arena too. No balanace with mods is new name of this game.

We have now Star Wars Galaxy of Mods. Please return Star Wars Galaxy of Hereos .
    If we will not see our game back, we will not play any more.

The mods changes the sense of this game. What do you think, is this a reason to call google for refund and all money invested in the game back ?
    Post edited by Tomek on
  • Options
    I guess we were playing the beta all along. Galaxy of mods, the full game, available now, in your App Store
  • supachai
    159 posts Member
    Options
    The mod feature is crazy; ruining the game.
    When you equipped all 6 slots with 5* Level 15 mods, you essentially double some of the stats of your toons. This equates to getting 10* toons with gear 15 in short span of time.
    Starring and gearing your toons is less important now.
    And I fear Arena today. It will be crazy to beat your opponent.
  • Options
    Ugnaught can finally put some respek on his name against teams without mods
  • Options
    I thought mods were the guys who warn you for swearing on the forum
    Your feeble skills are no match for the power of the Dark Side.
  • Options
    Scourge194 wrote: »
    I thought mods were the guys who warn you for almost everything you do on the forum
    Here you go bro. Now your quote is more accurate. And no, mods are the full game. We were playing the beta all along, silly!
  • Options
    I've lost half my guild.

I think I am praying thr mod update is rolled back in a few days and devs re evaluate the balance issue
  • LordAlvert
    1193 posts Member
    Options
    Shark jumped.
  • Options
    I was praying the devs would finally get it together cuz I've loved the potential of this game for 6 months
  • Nightlores
    1608 posts Member
    Options
    Yep, lots of members quit last few days.
  • Tomek
    327 posts Member
    Options
    I guess we were playing the beta all along. Galaxy of mods, the full game, available now, in your App Store

You are wrong. One guy in my guild spent many many crystals for it. Why, because he know he will not play this game any more with mods and something he has to do with crystals ... for example check what is possible to do if you are a wallet player.
    This game will die or will come back, but what to do with players like this one ? Who will refund in crystals ?

• C3POwn
    507 posts Member
    Options

@EscapeArtist51 you're my hero
  • Options
    We're all getting warned, Escape.

Negativity and criticism is not permitted here.

I half feel these mods should have Swastika avatars and I understand the gravity of that analogy and cliche buys it's honestly getting appropriate here with this insane level of censorzhip
  • Silken
    88 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    Well at first I thought Mods were ok. I've played lots of MMO's and it's pretty standard. Plus looking at the Mod Set bonus and seeing a percentage applied, regardless of which Tier, I thought this could work.

Then I looked in the 'Mod Shipment' .......... 2270 Crystals for a Tier 2 Tenacity.

That's about £11 or £12. This game is a joke.

Not getting another cent from me.
  • LordAlvert
    1193 posts Member
    Options
    Scourge194 wrote: »
    I thought mods were the guys who warn you for almost everything you do on the forum
    Here you go bro. Now your quote is more accurate. And no, mods are the full game. We were playing the beta all along, silly!

Good stuff as always escapeartist
  • Options
    Tomek wrote: »

You are wrong. One guy in my guild spent many many crystals for it. Why, because he know he will not play this game any more with mods and something he has to do with crystals ... for example check what is possible to do if you are a wallet player.
    This game will die or will come back, but what to do with players like this one ? Who will refund in crystals ?

Bro. I was making a joke. This update was stoopid. It devalued everyone's characters, gears, and stars. All the whales who have spent THOUSANDS, now have nothing. They're in the same boat as me as we paddle through this river of poo. Ea wants us to spend even more money on mods, but now it will backfire because all the gear purchases will be nonexistent, players will quit, meaning less crystals all around. And who's gonna wanna spend money on a game when they notice all their best buddies leaving it?
  • Keyper
    245 posts Member
    Options
    You should feel terrible helping strangers protect their savings from Internet scandels.
  • Tomek
    327 posts Member
    Options
    Let's look in to omega subject. Everyone is able to collect one a day and noone is able to change it. You can have all mods for big money. If you are true wallet player, you have all chars and will finish all challenges at once.
    What you will do after it. Win every arena without losting 1% of protection. Solo do the raid. Yo will do all in sim tickets and go to other game no playing SWGoH any more because it is boring.
    If you will not plan to pay, you will stop playing because of no sense to try to compare to wallet player.

It can have a small positive too. You will have time for family on the end. The arena will not be a problem. You will finish only 3 battles in auto mode, because no chance for sense position. Do only first battle in GW , why do you need credits for leveling if it has no sense with mods. All only for omegas and be able for raid which is the last only point which has sense in this game.
    The moded players will kill raids , I afraid. I am not doing today GW because of not see a sense to continue playing this game ...
  • Breetai
    858 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    Yup I have had a coupe in my guild as well, with a few more debating on leaving.

If not for the **** amount I have spent on this game, I would also be gone. But I'm giving it a week. I figure in a week either they will notice a huge drop in numbers from logging in and may make some changes, or people that never were really passionate about this game will stay as it's just a time waster and not nothing will change and then I'll leave.

Will point out my Nov arena shard has always been highly competitive. Today I was attacked only once. It's been very quite on my arena shard which is very unusual as hardly anyone has moved any ranks.
  • bngman
    369 posts Member
    Options
    Yep lost some top players from my guild to
  • gobears21
    1265 posts Member
    Options
    Lost four in the last week; no one since update so far but my Rey being 274 speed seems dumb
  • Super123
    233 posts Member
    Options
    Meet health modded Jedi squad in node 11. Nicely, my dear Ani fried them all :trollface:
  • Dan_z
    103 posts Member
    Options
    Lost 5 since last night... expect more.
  • Mynd
    233 posts Member
    Options
    The whole game is broken with mods. They're way too **** powerful.
  • Slayer
    46 posts Member
    Options
    I'm more worried about dropping from the game entirely. This game just turned it's back on a large portion of the F2P base.
  • Options
    Can't say they (company) wasn't warned. There were TONS of "please don't do this" posts in regards to mods. That system is dumb, plain and simple. It will send this game down a rabbit hole, and die.
    Still waiting on that edit forum profile setting so I can change my name...
  • Options
    This reminds me of the Star Wars Galaxies MMO NGE update....
  • Options
    5 after the manual update alone, including the founder of our guild. Worst update ever, and we all called it before it was even out.
  • Options
    We are down to 45/50, interesting enough it's the people that spent money that quit. I guess waking up to your toons being worthless will do that to you. I think I am done too, but I will lurk around the forum to see if there are any changes. Hard to leave a roster u spent money on and now have nothing to show for it.