Mod Update and Stuck in a Mod Tutorial: A Really Mega Thread, Dude.

Replies

• leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    This sounds like an horrible idea. How many players actually battled with a fully modded team vs a fully modded team? Does anyone really have a clue if they were ballanced or not? Or did they just ran to the forum to join the complain train because they encounted a better modded team and got murdered ?

The "fix" might even be worse than it current situation. I've seen people use the term #mexit, this might be similar. Allthought the people wanted #brexit, they might not have a clue what the real implications are, and suffer the consequenses later on. (It might also work out for the best.)
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Options
    DarthCyren wrote: »
    ZarLatho wrote: »
    I pay the devs to work this **** out for me. They're supposed to be the experts. Instead they've given up on balancing and handed the task to the players. No thanks, I didn't sign up to be a game designer.

That's really a great point, that's part of where the money goes to.

Valid point - in FF, you can adjust stats on 500 ways but you still have characters with defined uses and skills and limitations.

Mods have dramatically too high an effect on thibgs, they need to provide boosts 1 tenth of what they are now.

At that point thy become a crowninh, get you over the edge accessory not a defining aspect of the character

Yup. There's a problem when you can make Rey a tank and ST Han a strong damage dealer. In WoW no matter how well I had my rogue geared, he's not tanking a raid boss. No matter how well I had my warrior tank geared, he's not topping the DPS charts. Every character has a role and should stay within that role. It's one thing to give Darth Maul a speed Mod or an HP mod to make him a little more playable or not die by Rey's basic attack, it's another thing to turn him to a combo tank / dps.
  • Options
    DarthScott wrote: »
    Go_Blue wrote: »
    This is a good step but what about all of the investments we've spent on mods the last day and a half? I've spent millions of credits, hundreds of crystals, and time, upgrading the mods I have. It's not fair to cut the legs out from that without some kind of compensation to the players. I want balance, but I also want to know I'm not wasting crystals and credits for nothing. Please, @CG_NotReallyAJedi, address this concern in your forthcoming post.

+1. I love the idea of balancing and reducing the RNG element of getting mods. But please, please, tell me I didn't waste 15m credits leveling all of those mods

+1 same here I have 79, 5* Lvl 15 mods and 19 more I'm about to level. I'd like to know too. I'd be irate if that went for nothing.
  • Options
    Check out this crazy ****. Last stage is node is unbeatable because of some pay to play pansy who loaded up on mods.
    http://m.imgur.com/SCEIdxt,izqDwX1,aed7dLG,G2qK984
  • Options
    My favorite part was their concern that CUP might be OP if they don't do "serious testing" first.
  • Options
    I think that everyone should give it some time...yes, right now today it seems totally unfair. I thought so too. But, over the course of a week or two, what will happen is that people will move on from the health mods and discover that speed, crit chance, etc, work better on certain toons, and they will remove health mods for other mods. Yes right now Rey is insane...mine is like 60k health and crits like a truck and has 186 speed...BUT...once I get to speed mods and other things, I'll take off some health ones to put those on, and the balance will come.

Let everything have a little bit of a chance I guess is my point and the equalization will come.
  • LastJedi
    3047 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    Ok but I still can't get decent mods unless I farm a Jawa team lol. Everything about this is awful.

Are u kidding? Crit damage mods are not all that. 4 pieces to get plus 40% damage on crits, only? I use droids, and I don't even want those mods that bad. 30% bonus health on my set of four pieces. And plus 47% offense on all hits on the primary stat. Is pretty good too.

Yeah, crit mods might be better for droids. Some with primary protection, and then u get crit damage bonus. But it is not going to be a huge difference.
  • Options
    leef wrote: »
    This sounds like an horrible idea. How many players actually battled with a fully modded team vs a fully modded team? Does anyone really have a clue if they were ballanced or not? Or did they just ran to the forum to join the complain train because they encounted a better modded team and got murdered ?

The "fix" might even be worse than it current situation. I've seen people use the term #mexit, this might be similar. Allthought the people wanted #brexit, they might not have a clue what the real implications are, and suffer the consequenses later on. (It might also work out for the best.)

I did in GW and in Arena. There are plenty of fully modded teams at this point, at least on my shard there are. I almost couldn't beat GW today because I have 3 squads that are capable of managing GW and I went through all 3 on the last 2 major nodes. Arena... don't even need to go there.
  • Options
    EUisBetter wrote: »
    Check out this crazy ****. Last stage is node is unbeatable because of some pay to play pansy who loaded up on mods.
    http://m.imgur.com/SCEIdxt,izqDwX1,aed7dLG,G2qK984

I was actually just talking about how B2 is probably crazy good with Mods
  • Options
    Dear EA,
    I volunteer as tribute to play test the game... Please send a message to my account... I only charge 250,000 cantina energy / per hour. Maybe you should find some beta testers out in the "real" world. Microsoft does that and they have awesome product...ah...er...okay...bad example.
  • Calus_78
    504 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    Posted below.. Sorry for the double post
    Post edited by Calus_78 on
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options

I did in GW and in Arena. There are plenty of fully modded teams at this point, at least on my shard there are. I almost couldn't beat GW today because I have 3 squads that are capable of managing GW and I went through all 3 on the last 2 major nodes. Arena... don't even need to go there.

@Darth_Jay77 so their fully mk5 modded team was way better than your fully mk5 modded team?
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Options
    What do you guys think? Better wait for the "balance update" to spend energy, or just spend everything you can right now... i tend to the latter.
  • Options
    What do you guys think? Better wait for the "balance update" to spend energy, or just spend everything you can right now... i tend to the latter.

Go for Broke
  • Options
    Haven't spent a cent in mods. I new this would happen. We're all beta tester, actually Wales are paying to be beta testers.
    This is enough. Enough is just enough. They just lost 3/4 of players I believe and this game is already dead.
    Main reasons: - complete absence of real fun strategic game.
    - Screw over of community with lack of real interactions (PVP move by move live battles/tournaments)
    - Completely insane decision making (instead of fixing 30need to fix champ and mechanics, blind push of untested fail content and non proportional content: 5*rey with a couple of mods (speed and damage) will oneshot 7* 2 months grind rey trashing the value of previous money and/or time investment)-
    -
    This politic will never change, they didn't get it, some manager believed this was the right choices and didn't learn from other successful titles. Too bad it's a cool STAR WARS world but they destroyed it. I really believe developers would have never done this and some manager forced WRONG decisions that sank the boat. Boat is down, not a submarine, a wood made boat. It will never float again. No matter how you fix it, IT IS DOWN and blame that manager pushing content instead of sane game and community!
  • Geddre
    224 posts Member
    Options
    Honestly it's not that you can get your characters to such massively high numbers, it's that there's virtually ZERO barrier to obtaining them. You really should have limited people's ability to apply a tier 5 level 15 mod. Like, only 7* can equip tier 5 mod and only gear level 10 can level it past 11.

The main problem with making it this easy to jack up your toon is that we basically just got told that the massive amounts of time and / or money we put into gearing up were just a cute distraction. I couldn't care less about raid gear pieces now. The marginal increases they give me as compared to a single mod are just... blah.
  • Options
    WOOOOHOOOO THEY HAVE HIT THE PANIC BUTTON!!!!!!

EA/CG is full on scramble/panic mode, the submarine was hit with depth charges launched from the forums and they are bracing themselves!
    Hold on to whatever is bolted while the cameraman swings wildly to feign a shaking sub!

Seriously when you have the whales sprouting wings and flying away, you alienated your community very badly. They are fully aware not only of the forum shakedown, but on the concurrent palyer statistics, and especially the top spenders activity.

They fully know that even though the F2P crowd does not directly gives them cash, they give the whales some opposition, and create a critical mass in the game community. F2P are an intangible asset which must be cared and grown, and fidelized.

The statistics don't lie, and the forums dissatisfaction are showing up in their pie charts and bar graphs.

I FEEL LIKE WE KILLED A T7 RANCOR RIGHT NOW!

(but I am still skeptical of the changes which so far are only vapor)
  • Options
    I'm happy to hear that you didn't intend this disaster that is the mod update.

But I have to agree on asking the question: How did this get past any sort of playtesting?
    You even announced it as a major update.
    In my experience major update should equal in major testing, so why was this the result?
  • Asic
    1146 posts Member
    Options
    No credibility whatsoever. "Hey we know it's broke and we are updating it but the update is taking a while" - you just pushed through something half complete to counter POKEMONgo. Called it.

Didn't NRAJ get "promoted"/"reassigned" after his last post about raid guild hopping and alt usage?
  • Yudoka
    1274 posts Member
    Options
    Great to hear you guys responding to this so fast but I'd be very curious to see the design and playtest notes on how this ever made to release. Even doing just a thought exercise, it's very clear that the stats are way too big. Remove a zero from all the bonuses and stats, and you'll have a much more balanced system.
    They groaned, they stirred, they all uprose, Nor spoke, nor moved their eyes; It had been strange, even in a dream, To have seen those dead men rise.
  • DarthNoise
    165 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    Calus_78 wrote: »
    Pokemon Go was released and you guys panicked to keep the player base, so you pushed this out waaaaayy to early and now you screwed it all up brilliantly. So flooding everyone with mods to try and even the playing field is the only solution.
    Brutal. You thought mods would fix characters that were under played? The top toons will still be the top toons, cause they are still even with mods stronger than lessers with mods. Mods isn't the answer to the problem you guys keep reoccurring. Try and listen to your players. No one asked for mods, but we're asking for some balancing on unused toons. Mace Windu is QGJ shadow and always will be just like many other toons in this game. And moding Mace Windu will still see no game play cause QGJ is still better.

BWAHAHAHA! Great point!!!
  • Options
    Some info on what will be done would be great. People are spending credits and crystals to farm and level mods. Since, you know, they've been released into the game. How are we supposed to know what your intentions are? Many, including myself, think mods were messed up. However, many thought GW was so messed up it had to be a bug and then you say WAI.

I don't want anyone to be coined a "pre-crafter" and/or punished for simply playing the game that was released to us.

-Capin
  • ShaolinPunk
    3486 posts Moderator
    edited July 2016
    Options

+1 same here I have 79, 5* Lvl 15 mods and 19 more I'm about to level. I'd like to know too. I'd be irate if that went for nothing.

Exactly why we waited to start a raid until today, and why I haven't installed any mods outside of that tutorial one. I think things will be adjusted, so the money isn't wasted, you'd still be looking at maxed mods right. However, I wouldn't get too attached to the stats of the mods since they all look ridiculously too high.
    **Please tag me (@ShaolinPunk) if you need assistance.** My Collection. . My Poll.. Ally Code: 332-622-913 Discord: shaolin_punk#2107
  • Options
    I wish this game was good.
  • Darth_Jay77
    3163 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Options

@Darth_Jay77 so their fully mk5 modded team was way better than your fully mk5 modded team?

I don't have MK5 teams because I do not have endless money to spend grinding a FO team, and a full Resistance team, and a Jawa team. Nor do I have the desire to blow money in the Mod Store so I can turn my Rey into an f'ing tank that also happens to do mega damage or give my Anakin 100k Hp & Protection DPS / Tank either. My issues,

1. Too much $$$
    2. Too much time
    3. It breaks characters roles and uniqueness. A tank is a tank and should not also be a DPS. A DPS should be a DPS and not also a Tank. That's what we have, we have a game in-which roles no longer matter.
    I wish this game was good.

It was pretty good, not now.
  • Calus_78
    504 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    Pokemon Go gets released and you guys panicked and pushed out the update early in hopes to keep the player base with no time line this can be fixed. The only answer to this solution is to hand out better mods to everyone and to try to keep an even playing field. Brutal

Time and time again your player base has approached the feedback and General channels to reach out and express how to find a solution to these problems. Mods isn't the answer to the problem you guys keep reoccurring. Try and listen to your players in the game maybe. Your still going to have Mace Windu shadow QGJ even with mods. Mace Windu with mods will never see game play when you can choose QGJ. The strong are still the strongest with mods and the unused will still be unused. So many unused toons need more than one stat to be viable, when some don't need much but get so much more.

Or you could release a new toon to distract everyone from the problems and put it for sale watch people drop $250. Only to realize it was a waste because the company doesn't see it as a major issue to fix it. And won't tackle it for sometime maybe never.

You guys had an excellent base to build on and look where you are at now, soloing raid bosses that are supposed to be a group effort? Factions are for the most part forgotten. World leader abilities that allow Dodge to all top toons cause missing that 3 turn cooldown was enough we will also reward that Dodge with a buff of tm or offensive up. There are so many more i could be here all day.

Your numbers are dropping and rightfully so, your players are tired of your cash grabs and noticing that you are not fixing the for the love of the game. It's a business we get it, but when is enough actually enough. Stop bleeding your player base with outlandish prices and do things for the good if the game.

Good luck to you, I hope this game finally finds its path and that survey you guys put out helps in some way.
  • Options
    I've played countless games that have gone through gear/character mod updates, and the only ones that have been successful were the ones that implemented positive/negative mod systems. For instance... you want a super high damage Rey that can one-hit hulk smash? You can do that, but her speed is going to go down proportionally. You want an RG with enough life and protection to fill the screen? You can do that, but his tenacity is going to be so low that every negative status effect rocks his world.

Mod systems like the one implemented here work great if you're playing a single player game and you want the thrill of godmode. They do not work in community games against other players. Period. Many other games have tried and failed.

If the goal as stated is to get people to customize their characters, a system like the one we just got will never work. Games that reward optimization that way will ever see rampant customization. That's why we have the meta teams we do now. This system hasn't changed that. Everyone is putting the same hp and protection mods on RG, and everyone is putting the same damage mods on Rey. If you want to see people running very different squads, give us a system that has real consequences to the mod choices we make. You'd achieve your goal and have much happier players in the process.
  • pac0naut
    3236 posts Member
    Options

Exactly why we waited to start a raid until today, and why I haven't installed any mods outside of that tutorial one. I think things will be adjusted, so the money isn't wasted, you'd still be looking at maxed mods right. However, I wouldn't get too attached to the stats of the mods since they all look ridiculously too high.

HOLD UP. If I'm reading this AS I THINK, then I'm fairly pi$$ed off right now. I'm going to assume some things and if I'm incorrect then so be it and I apologize in advance.

You're a moderator on this forum right? One who speaks to the devs about issues? Because every time I see something pop off in the forums, it's always "us" and "we". Wouldn't a "heads up community, things may be getting changed and nerfed and whatever" be a good heads up for players who were going rampant and wasting credits?
    Meanwhile, down on the farm....
  • Yudoka
    1274 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    Certera wrote: »
    I've played countless games that have gone through gear/character mod updates, and the only ones that have been successful were the ones that implemented positive/negative mod systems. For instance... you want a super high damage Rey that can one-hit hulk smash? You can do that, but her speed is going to go down proportionally. You want an RG with enough life and protection to fill the screen? You can do that, but his tenacity is going to be so low that every negative status effect rocks his world.

Mod systems like the one implemented here work great if you're playing a single player game and you want the thrill of godmode. They do not work in community games against other players. Period. Many other games have tried and failed.

If the goal as stated is to get people to customize their characters, a system like the one we just got will never work. Games that reward optimization that way will ever see rampant customization. That's why we have the meta teams we do now. This system hasn't changed that. Everyone is putting the same hp and protection mods on RG, and everyone is putting the same damage mods on Rey. If you want to see people running very different squads, give us a system that has real consequences to the mod choices we make. You'd achieve your goal and have much happier players in the process.

Or just pair down all the stats to a tenth of where they are now. +4% crit is a good set bonus. +40% is busted. +8% Protection is good. Plus +80% is busted.
    They groaned, they stirred, they all uprose, Nor spoke, nor moved their eyes; It had been strange, even in a dream, To have seen those dead men rise.
This discussion has been closed.