Mod Update and Stuck in a Mod Tutorial: A Really Mega Thread, Dude.

1235Next

Replies

• RAYRAY
    2761 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    There needs to be no compensation for balance changes. Here is the answer: reduce every stat on every mod by 90%. The t5 mods should give players a 10% increase in "power" the upcoming t6 should give 20% increase and the t7 should give 30% increase. Mods would still be incredibly powerful, moreso than any other upgrade in the game but not so game breaking. Easy fix. Someone else said it earlier, just move the decimal point to the left one digit. @CG_NotReallyAJedi @CG_JohnSalera
    ☮ Consular ☮ American Rebel Rebel Force (Endor) JedhaYavin IV
  • Options
    Appreciate the feedback. I did however pay to win modding several toons level 15. Hope I didn't pay for something that will be free in less than a week???
  • Options
    https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/54316/update-on-mods-and-a-note-about-getting-stuck-in-the-mod-tutorial

Hey Everyone,

Before we get too deep in this, we know there is a bug where players can get stuck doing the Mod Tutorial if you force-quit the game while in the middle of the tutorial. A fix for this is going out shortly (read: in a few hours or less). If you are encountering this issue, just unequip the Mod while in the tutorial process. This should get you back on track :smile:

Now about Mods:

I want to let you know that we are acutely aware of all of your feedback and concerns regarding the balance of the game. We are looking in to these concerns right now, and as such, we have all hands on deck working on two updates right now.

The first update, which should go out today, will be the first of two changes related to the Mods system. While today’s update won’t directly affect Mods themselves, it will reduce how many insignificant Mods you can receive and will ideally let you focus on getting the Mods you need with the substats that are important to the characters you’re upgrading.

The second update will actually affect the balance of the Mods themselves and how they impact your time invested in leveling your favorite characters. This one, unfortunately, is taking a little bit longer to prepare for release, so I do not have an ETA for when it will go out. The primary reason this one is taking longer is due to the fact that it is undergoing serious testing to ensure that there are no outlying anomalies (e.g. OH NO, UNDERWORLD POLICE IS NOW OP!). I know that this is frustrating, but please understand, we need to make sure we hammer on this one a little bit more.

I am in the process of crafting a more in-depth message on what exactly all the changes are and how they will affect you. I expect to have that up later today/tonight, but it was important to at least let you know that we hear you, we’ve identified some issues, and we’re working full-steam to correct them!

Today’s update will include all of the stuff from yesterday’s patch notes including the new characters (Chief Nebit, Jawa Scavenger, and Commander Cody) we showcased earlier.

Thank you so much for your patience.

Can you at least take the title if your threads serious? Why's it gotta be a joke? Not very professional imo

tumblr_n43nz9kO4y1sa11jco1_500.gif
  • Options
    danrussoa wrote: »
    Appreciate the feedback. I did however pay to win modding several toons level 15. Hope I didn't pay for something that will be free in less than a week???

Welcome to the game. If it is not free another update will render your purchase as meaningless. How come people have not learned this yet about this game? It is obvious.
  • Fitz
    302 posts Member
    Options
    Player base: mods are OP! I quit!
    CG: Okay we are going to tone them down.
    Player base: I spent so much on them!

-> player base is stupid
  • Options
    When is this update being pushed through?!
  • RAYRAY
    2761 posts Member
    Options
    Fitz wrote: »

-> player base is ****

Correct, they should adjust all mods by the same amount-90%. Making the t5 a 10% increase in power. Those that farmed them would have farmed them for 10% increase in stats, making the need for compensation nonexistent.
    ☮ Consular ☮ American Rebel Rebel Force (Endor) JedhaYavin IV
  • Jedi2407
    782 posts Member
    Options
    Remember how we all spent 1,400 crystals to get a piece of gear that bumped protection up by 3,000? lol.
  • Options
    I was angry before. Now this is just a joke.
  • Options
    I have an idea to balance the game. It is called 'protection.' No wait, raid gear. No wait, let's make gw easier. Hold on a minute, let's make gw harder. If all that fails, push out an update with mods.
  • Options
    What ever happened to test 1st then release.
  • Options
    they are jokers, in 1 hour playing we discovered that its awful, imagine their test team! More then one month with people saying that t7 is broke and they make it worse.
    Even before the mods release people was telling them to dont do that and them dont bother to test it??? Really!!???
  • Options
    What ever happened to test 1st then release.

Interesting concept. Do tell us more.
  • Options
    Remember when @CG_NotReallyAJedi said an irate would be out in "a few or less hours". By even the mat liberal definition of a "few" I think we are past that point.

If work has hit snags I can understand. What I don't appreciate is the lack of communication.
  • Options

-> player base is ****

That's why they are supposed to test first, instead of creating a no win situation. This update is not the fault of the player base
  • Guni
    30 posts Member
    Options
    What a horrible update. Several people i know in my guild and arena shard have quit today. Why were the mods not slowly phased in or gated? Why is a modded character with equal gear and stars as the non-moded character 3x more powerful over night? What an awful joke. How is there no quality control?
  • RoBott
    30 posts Member
    Options
    I think the game is broken.
  • Options
    Ok but I still can't get decent mods unless I farm a Jawa team lol. Everything about this is awful.
    Good point
    Use the force Luke.... and get rid of that stupid musket.
  • Options
    GW is broken. Now it's even worse
    Use the force Luke.... and get rid of that stupid musket.
  • Options
    RoBott wrote: »
    I think the game is broken.

+1
  • Cuzzins
    345 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    Test team probably applied one mod at a time in order to test each primary and secondary stat at various levels. Then maybe tried basic combos to check sets and make sure numbers matched their calculated assertions. Good chance that field testing did not happen beyond basics.

They didn't take the complex nature of the player base in to account. Think of it along the lines of putting all the biggest safe breakers, escape artists and con men in the same prison and then asking if they'd politely not escape from Colditz.
  • _JAM_
    15 posts Member
    Options
    As a F2P player I understand that the P2P players will have an advantage.

However, with other updates (such as level 80, increased gear levels) the balance between F2P and P2P was still manageable. I was always a few levels and a gear level or two behind. I can handle that.

With the way mods have been so accessible to farm and upgrade there is now a huge gap that occurred in one day between the free and pay players. I have seen toons with 40k protection and 40k health, seen toons kill my 7*/80 Royal Guard with one hit and seen one team of 5 do 6 million damage on a T7 raid.

I really like the idea of mods but like many others have already mentioned, they have made characters too powerful, too quickly.
  • Options
    This was a bad update because you didnt test it properly. Test it properly.
  • shampoo
    442 posts Member
    Options
    Nickielll wrote: »
    they are jokers, in 1 hour playing we discovered that its awful, imagine their test team! More then one month with people saying that t7 is broke and they make it worse.
    Even before the mods release people was telling them to dont do that and them dont bother to test it??? Really!!???

We are the test team! We just don't get paid
  • Options
    A mediocre team this capital games is !
  • Options
    Leandrovv wrote: »
    A mediocre team this capital games is !

Team?
  • Options
    RAYRAY wrote: »

-> player base is ****

Correct, they should adjust all mods by the same amount-90%. Making the t5 a 10% increase in power. Those that farmed them would have farmed them for 10% increase in stats, making the need for compensation nonexistent.

Except nobody would have spent that much in credits for that little return... Seriously. I've dropped 2 mil. The guy I couldn't beat at 1 in my arena spent over 20 mil. If they scale back the %'s, they have to scale back the cost. If they scale back the cost, they've screwed a bunch of players.

- R.I.P. Carrie Fisher -
  • J0K3R
    2286 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    pac0naut wrote: »

+1 same here I have 79, 5* Lvl 15 mods and 19 more I'm about to level. I'd like to know too. I'd be irate if that went for nothing.

Exactly why we waited to start a raid until today, and why I haven't installed any mods outside of that tutorial one. I think things will be adjusted, so the money isn't wasted, you'd still be looking at maxed mods right. However, I wouldn't get too attached to the stats of the mods since they all look ridiculously too high.

HOLD UP. If I'm reading this AS I THINK, then I'm fairly **** off right now. I'm going to assume some things and if I'm incorrect then so be it and I apologize in advance.

You're a moderator on this forum right? One who speaks to the devs about issues? Because every time I see something pop off in the forums, it's always "us" and "we". Wouldn't a "heads up community, things may be getting changed and nerfed and whatever" be a good heads up for players who were going rampant and wasting credits?

Im a moderator and im spending my credits on mods as much as i can. I guess he isnt. Hes a different person so acts differently. As moderators we dont possess some special knowledge. We read the updates posted here when you do and act accordingly.
    May the force be with you. It shall free you.
  • Options
    Lead Game Designer (Live), Star Wars Galaxy of Heroes
This discussion has been closed.