Mod Update and Stuck in a Mod Tutorial: A Really Mega Thread, Dude.

Replies

• Options
    ZarLatho wrote: »
    I pay the devs to work this **** out for me. They're supposed to be the experts. Instead they've given up on balancing and handed the task to the players. No thanks, I didn't sign up to be a game designer.

That's really a great point, that's part of where the money goes to.
  • Options
    In reply to this dev post: https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/54316/update-on-mods-and-a-note-about-getting-stuck-in-the-mod-tutorial#latest

@CG_NotReallyAJedi

So you guys launch a new patch, people spend real $$$$$ and tons of stocked up credits on your new mod system. Then the forums rage because there is no natural progression from raid gear to mods. Was this fully tested out by you guys/gals? Why are the players your QA department? So these changes will probably bone those who spent money and credits on patch day. Or at least, the purchases made within the first 24ish hours of the patch launch didn't get the same value as those a few days after...

Seriously, get beta testers going forward, because I am tired of this:

DWIA5.gif
    Team iNstinct -- teaminstinct.net
  • Jordn
    15 posts Member
    Options
    Please please please just make the mods go away. Please please please!!! This game was so good in early April just put it back
  • Options
    I pay the devs to work this **** out for me. They're supposed to be the experts. Instead they've given up on balancing and handed the task to the players. No thanks, I didn't sign up to be a game designer.

That's really a great point, that's part of where the money goes to.

Valid point - in FF, you can adjust stats on 500 ways but you still have characters with defined uses and skills and limitations.

Mods have dramatically too high an effect on thibgs, they need to provide boosts 1 tenth of what they are now.

At that point thy become a crowninh, get you over the edge accessory not a defining aspect of the character
  • ZAKK
    35 posts Member
    Options
    update today, meaning when? give us a precise time
  • Options
    I am stuck in tutorial but my mods are locked and cannot unlock to equip a different MOD while in tutorial. Also it says click confirm and it does not show up a confirm button.
  • Options
    Nik_Zirlos wrote: »
    let you focus on getting the Mods you need with the substats that are important to the characters you’re upgrading

Wait -- I thought the whole purpose of mods was to let US decide which stats are important to the characters we're upgrading, so that we can upgrade them how we want to (e.g., someone might want to give Rey more offense, and someone else might want to give her more defense, depending on their chosen playstyle and intent of use).

I don't really want that, personally. Mods should make little changes, a bit of extra offense here, a bit of extra defense there. They shouldn't be so overpowered that you can create whatever toon you want with no deference to the toon's original skills and gear. I pay the devs to work this **** out for me. They're supposed to be the experts. Instead they've given up on balancing and handed the task to the players. No thanks, I didn't sign up to be a game designer.

I didn't say they should be overpowered. Obviously the current values are too high. My concern is that the way he worded that, it sounds like they're going to decide which mods which characters should get, which makes them just another type of gear. Different players should be allowed to make different choices as to which mods they want to put on their characters.
  • djvita
    1684 posts Member
    Options
    Time to precraf-level mods
  • Options
    Palanthian wrote: »
    Whatever you do, please -

PLEASE -

don't create pre-crafting version 2.

Make sure whatever changes you make affect everyone equally, not just those who didn't already farm and level existing mods.

One of the mods in one of my guildmates shop was 5mil credits. It was three star mod. :)
    IGN: Malmsteen's Comet
  • Options
    Jedi2407 wrote: »
    guys, it's cool. They're doing "serious testing" on the update. If only there had been some way to do serious testing on yesterday's update.

Well, some of us are doing the testing at least.
    IGN: Malmsteen's Comet
  • ShaolinPunk
    3486 posts Moderator
    Options
    i know you have your hands full, but the borrow a friend feature in the mod battles is way broken

@Hydracarbon. There was some info from yesterday that might help here. We're hoping that the update later today (the mandatory one that puts everyone on the same version) will fix that. The other thing that can be done until then is, make sure your allies have beaten the node you're looking to use an Ally on. If they haven't beaten that node themselves, you won't be seeing their 'regular' offers.

If it persists after the patch that comes today, please let them know.
    **Please tag me (@ShaolinPunk) if you need assistance.** My Collection. . My Poll.. Ally Code: 332-622-913 Discord: shaolin_punk#2107
  • Options
    I thought it was fine before, but oh well...

PLEASE don't change the potency mods
    BECAUSE I'M BATMAN - me
  • pac0naut
    3236 posts Member
    Options
    In theory I think the mods were a great idea, but the execution with secondary effects and subsets is what's throwing it WAY out of orbit right now.
    Meanwhile, down on the farm....
  • Options
    So with you in this! Now that we have tested it for them they will start worrying about the issues. Great.......

I would like to have my 12mil and 6000 crystals back after the mods are changed.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    This game is quickly becoming the punch line to a bad joke. Wow. It took your customers (i.e. player base) about an hour of playing to figure out that mods were extremely unbalanced.

We should probably be surprised that this "major update" wasn't tested before being shoved down our throats - despite the many pleas as soon as the announcement came. Sadly though, I am not suprised. And, at the risk of sounding childish, many long-time players and supporters of this game "told you so".

In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Options
    @CG_NotReallyAJedi
    Is the Battle Hardened daily going to be changed to include mod battles?
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options
    Kylanith wrote: »
    @CG_NotReallyAJedi
    Is the Battle Hardened daily going to be changed to include mod battles?

Nope. It's doesn't. You have to spend cantina energy on that too. Lol.

In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
  • five2zero
    512 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    precrafting reloaded
  • ZAKK
    35 posts Member
    Options
    pre-crafting such a bad a idea...........just rolled back since april please.......... and fix the GW
  • Options
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    Wow. It took your customers (i.e. player base) about an hour of playing to figure out that mods were extremely unbalanced.

We should probably be surprised that this "major update" wasn't tested before being shoved down our throats - despite the many pleas as soon as the announcement came.

This. If we could see the imbalance within an hour of the update, what were they doing in development? I guess counting the dollars.
  • Options
    Testing...testing...testing...

giphy.gif
  • masters
    233 posts Member
    Options
    A lot of the mods I farmed have zero secondary stats. What's up with that.
  • Options
    It's already too late. The Mod Genie is out of the bottle. And apparently his parents were siblings, because that puppy is all messed up.

You guys rushed it out, and now it's already woven into the fabric of the game. Heck, I even burned through Cantina refreshes to get through all of the mod battles already so that I could access the hard mode ones.

What is the apology for this debacle? "Hey guys, we're sorry that we just devalued your investment 100-fold by introducing in-game items that you get for free that are exponentially more powerful than the single pieces of gear that you've bought in our Shipments shop for up to ~$18 A PIECE over the last couple months. Thanks, though, for your patience and support. Please take 500 Guild Currency as a token of our regrets."

I try to be easy-going, but this is embarrassing for you.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    +1

So tired of broken patches, then broken patches to "balance" (and screw the early adapters) broken patches.

Welcome to "Star Wars: Galaxy of We Dont Playtest-you do!" :/

• Options
    Wonderful, another update that causes more problems than it fixes. Sim ticket update is solid but Mods are just another broken mechanic to favor the whales and take your money in the process. No thanks.
  • Options
    So basically the first update he spoke of was the mandatory one they were doing anyway?

So the only reaction our feedback garnered us the second update undergoing strenuous testing with no ETA.

Gorgeous.

I want something done and I want it done today.

• Options
    Well nothing matters except mods now...

Any toon can be 5x as powerful with mods I have seen ridiculous stats like plus 97 percent offense 6 of those and u have plus 600% offense. When someone can take #1 in arena with 1 toon like 5s who counters twice for 25k each, is this bringing balance to the game? Toons can now one shot everything in the game, plus get the mod bonuses... It's basically a brand new game called who can spend the most cantina energy
  • Options
    Wow, so basically they admit they don't test their products "seriously". Wasn't that hard to come to that conclusion, though...
  • Options
    Yes there's a arena team #1 with only 1 unit out of 5. Force then to attack 5s he counters 2x for every one attack on him plus takes his own turns and u win.... and now they want to wait to make sure testing is done so policeman isn't overpowered this has to be the worst update or idea for a game I have ever seen
  • Options
    Just saw an 110k (health/protection) sun fac...
This discussion has been closed.