Message from the CM

Replies

• Options
    warmonkey wrote: »
    Did someone forget to code diminishing returns into the mods? Every other game that has a feature like mods has diminishing returns so the more you stack bonuses the smaller they become. This way the toons stay balanced and a tank can't one shot someone or an attacker can't be a tank.

Unless balance is not intended in this game? And people were right that mods was a lazy way for the player base to balance them. Which may have actually worked IF everyone was given 50 free mods to start with (just made up a #). Then everyone could have balanced their own toons the way they wanted to and still keep all the progress made so far. No one would be so far ahead of anyone else. You wouldn't see GW teams that are literally impossible for a roster of 30 7 star toons to beat. Etc, etc.

The 2nd update though was just awful, nuff said about that.

Fair point (Dim Returns). That is what is needed.

• Options
    senkoujin wrote: »
    What Jesse, and likely some others from EA/CG are doing in London right now: Star Wars Celebration 2016.

Expect little to no communication or change before next week. But if you'd like to participate too, here's a live stream.

http://www.starwars.com/news/star-wars-celebration-europe-2016-live-stream-schedule
    Good point, there's a video on YouTube about this celebration, and they mention EA's development team for a Star Wars games (also mentioned is Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes):
    STAR WARS GAMES DEV TEAM MENTIONED AT: 05:20

So this is how the development team's room at CG would look like? LOL!
    Can anyone spot EA_Jesse? xD
    Great catch!

Have to watch that panel if it's one of the streamed sessions.
  • aloomis16
    66 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    JPBrunel wrote: »
    @EA_Jesse
    I'll keep it short and sweet. If you guys are wondering what the best and easiest way to fix this situation is, it can be described in one word: ROLLBACK! Cut your losses now, admit you were wrong and make peace with everyone! ✌

+1
    ācιßösöχ

Join the official Grand Arena Discord Server
  • Options
    should have set the mods with lower levels and allowed everyone to figure them out before dropping 5dot level 15 effects on everyone.
  • Sparrow
    525 posts Member
    Options
    @EA_Jesse @CG_NotReallyAJedi @CG_JohnSalera

I've posted once here, but I did have one other thought that I believe is valuable.

You want people to play your game, you want people to be invested in the game. why not try actually giving us a portion of the game where we can do so for free. You have monetized every aspect of the game, and i get that, you need to make money, but what about when i actually want to play the game, im done all my sim farming, ive auto'd or simmed through all my challenges, and I dont want to hate life by grinding GW. oh and its not the 40 minutes before payout so I cant play arena.

What am I supposed to do now?

It might have worked out well for you if there had been a new game mode to come with Mods where we could level up our mods through actual gameplay, not by spending credits on the levels and hitting that button till it is max, but by actually playing the game. Like how about a mode where you put in a mod as a wager, if you win the battle the mod levels up, if you lose there is a chance to lose the mod. and you can play very easy battles to gain one level or harder battled to gain 2-3 levels.

You might actually get people playing the game and working towards something, you know increasing play time for everyone without just increasing costs.

Another thought is you could have taken this opportunity to make GW easier by removing mods from the opposing teams.

Final thought, this may have been a chance to finally fix arena as well, by separating modded characters from unmodded in two arenas. This would have been an awesome time to free us from those stupid payout times that make us drop everythign to play the game on your schedule.
  • J0K3R
    2286 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    Bon_El wrote: »
    J0K3R wrote: »
    As a player, i ask that a revert not be considered. Better to bring it back to the way you introduced it, and just shift the decimal over to the left one spot. I think ppl will love it then.

The money grab has to be eliminated. Our guild's whaliest of whales quit last night. I agree with your 'decimal' comment but that, by itself, is not enough.
    Edit: more credits and reverting GW to June 15 winnability are paramount. If GW takes more than 20 minutes, I'm out.

It would be a start. The mods are a huge change, we cant ask for more huge adjustments, or we will get whiplash. Change the decimal place. (Keep 100% drop rates and old costs to upgrade if possible). Observe. If necessary, make another "small@ change. One at a time
    May the force be with you. It shall free you.
  • Rumpelstilzchen
    1754 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    senkoujin wrote: »
    What Jesse, and likely some others from EA/CG are doing in London right now: Star Wars Celebration 2016.

Expect little to no communication or change before next week. But if you'd like to participate too, here's a live stream.

http://www.starwars.com/news/star-wars-celebration-europe-2016-live-stream-schedule
    Good point, there's a video on YouTube about this celebration, and they mention EA's development team for a Star Wars games (also mentioned is Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes):
    STAR WARS GAMES DEV TEAM MENTIONED AT: 05:20

So this is how the development team's room at CG would look like? LOL!
    Can anyone spot EA_Jesse? xD

Ok, now the timing of the recent changes makes sense. This will stir interest and they wanted the new systems in place, instead of the old. Thus training the new players on the new system. Not confusing them shortly after they start with a completely new way of doing pretty much everything. Now it makes sense.
  • Options
    @Drexnaw ...a lot of good suggestions, especially the gw changes. I like the thought of playing extra matches to gain miscellaneous stuff...it encourages collecting characters as opposed to creating the strongest...a completely different style.
  • Bill
    53 posts Member
    Options
    Can't we all just get along?
  • Options
    One thought as we all rage on. Jessie is the fall guy here dealing with fallout from decisions and mistakes he did not make. His responses to us probably need to be reviewed by management and if they don't like what he said could cost him his job.

He is not the enemy here. I have always found him helpful and willing to listen. I am as **** off as the next guy and wonder wether the decision makers at EA are trustworthy at this point. However, I think the torches and pitchforks should not be aimed at Jessie and some of the attacking of him just seems petty.

Roast me all you want now but I think we need to show a little restraint in calling out Jessie. I think he is in a no win situation right now.

[puts on flame **** undies]

Insert snarky "Kiss up comments" below line
    If there are no players is there still a game?
  • Options
    FYI - I think most comments have been constructive. My post refers to a minority of comments in the thread
  • Doga
    808 posts Member
    Options
    As a player, i ask that a revert not be considered. Better to bring it back to the way you introduced it, and just shift the decimal over to the left one spot. I think ppl will love it then.

The money grab has to be eliminated. Our guild's whaliest of whales quit last night. I agree with your 'decimal' comment but that, by itself, is not enough.
    Edit: more credits and reverting GW to June 15 winnability are paramount. If GW takes more than 20 minutes, I'm out.

It would be a start. The mods are a huge change, we cant ask for more huge adjustments, or we will get whiplash. Change the decimal place. (Keep 100% drop rates and old costs to upgrade if possible). Observe. If necessary, make another "small@ change. One at a time

+1, thanks Joker
  • Options
    @EA_Jesse Hi Jesse. pass on to the devs what a fantastic job they are doing. their efforts have boosted revenue greatly. going from 88k a day to 110k a day proves you guys are doing the right thing. DO NOT WAIVER. the health of my account is deeply iconsequential compared to your bottom line. Keep adding features to boost the revenue. We will play and pay no matter what you throw at us. thank you for your time.
  • juerau
    50 posts Member
    Options
    mods is a good idea. the shock you mentioned is created because you released the whole concept at once. it is better to slowly release the upgrading of the mods over time like you do with the levels. this would help a lot. It is very challenging to come up with so much gamechanging content at once
  • BoboFoot
    212 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    @EA_Jesse Hi Jesse. pass on to the devs what a fantastic job they are doing. their efforts have boosted revenue greatly. going from 88k a day to 110k a day proves you guys are doing the right thing. DO NOT WAIVER. the health of my account is deeply iconsequential compared to your bottom line. Keep adding features to boost the revenue. We will play and pay no matter what you throw at us. thank you for your time.

What's the problem exactly?

Pre mods - F2P, clear GW2, finish respectably in T7 raids, finish first 8-9/10 days in arena.
    Post mods - F2P, clear GW2, finish higher in T7 raids, finish first every day in arena.

I like the variety they added. People just **** too much. All the time "i don't like change...wah...wah...wah". It doesn't cost you any real life money to get competitive mods so if F2P can do it then anyone can.
  • mad3434
    30 posts Member
    Options
    aloomis16 wrote: »
    JPBrunel wrote: »
    @EA_Jesse
    I'll keep it short and sweet. If you guys are wondering what the best and easiest way to fix this situation is, it can be described in one word: ROLLBACK! Cut your losses now, admit you were wrong and make peace with everyone! ✌

+1

+2
    I'm leaving the game for now, and I won't come back as long as mods are still here.
  • Bill
    53 posts Member
    Options
    Nobody is blaming Jesse there brown noser. The problem lies in EA being a money hungry corporation. I'm sure everyone can agree and understand to a point that they have to make money for the game to thrive. I have spent on average about 50 bucks or more a month. But that wasn't enough to make them happy. I won't continue spending money or continue playing this game until they remove mods and revert the game back to how it was before the whales got there Pay to Win finally. Whales have always had an advantage but it was always within reason. It's now TOTALLY pay to win. The free to play players have totally gotten screwed. There star reviews from players who rate there game on iTunes Store and google play store have dropped massively. They have had so many 1 star reviews in the last week that there star rating has dropped from a 4.75 to a 3.5 almost. Word of mouth and bad reviews will kill this game in the end. it doesn't have to be us players on these forums.
  • J0K3R
    2286 posts Member
    Options
    Doga wrote: »

+1, thanks Joker

So no one thinks otherwise.. Im just a regular joe shmoe player who cares about this game. I have no more influence than the next guy. Those were my personal feelings about what would help.

@Delicious_Bass i have a similar opinion. From what i know of Jesse, he is on our side. He represents us in the decision making room. We should treat him as an important ally.. He gives us a voice at CG/EA
    May the force be with you. It shall free you.
  • NCNER8R
    162 posts Member
    Options
    Nobody wrote: »

LOL. Out of all this doom and gloom, I found myself laughing at this. It's like, "if a tree falls in a forest, and no one is around to hear it fall, does it make a sound"?
  • Options
    Why on Earth are you All only talking about the Mods? They are ok.. need tuning but ok... What really is messing it All up is this panick patch Away that you keep doing CG ! This time you nerfed Potency and hide behind it as well... Why? To nerf potency on Mods sure that would be fine... But on the Chars? So All ofus who spent months building teams (TMR or Slow...) We wasted Out time and money.. that is Just not ok @EA_Jesse .. sure you changed the potency to be % but the guys Testing their TMR teams today don't Lie... We can't make slow not TMR stick anymore... Sure we could Farm TMR Mods but that is forcing our hand and will not improved the Team or give Them better Range .. i will Just make it more of the same... So before you try to explain that potency is Still the same Just in % please keep in Mind that you playerbase has been Testing it and failing All Day so either potency has been nerfed or you ghost boosted tenacity in raids... Shame on you!
  • Rumpelstilzchen
    1754 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Options

/sarcasm off lol
    NCNER8R wrote: »
    Nobody wrote: »

LOL. Out of all this doom and gloom, I found myself laughing at this. It's like, "if a tree falls in a forest, and no one is around to hear it fall, does it make a sound"?

I know right? Excellent comment, and much needed humor.

• Options
    I'm truly amazed how many of you think this is all a giant accidental CF.

It's marketing strategy through and through and it's meant to feed on addiction.

Any response is lip service, any changes were planned well in advance. It's all part of the system to get people to keep throwing money at them.

The sooner you realize all of this the sooner you will be able to make a decision to either walk away with peace of mind or to continue to throw money into it.
  • Rumpelstilzchen
    1754 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Options

It's marketing strategy through and through and it's meant to feed on addiction.

Any response is lip service, any changes were planned well in advance. It's all part of the system to get people to keep throwing money at them.

The sooner you realize all of this the sooner you will be able to make a decision to either walk away with peace of mind or to continue to throw money into it.

While I may have phrased things differently I can't fault your logic. This is the only logical conclusion. The alternative is they (CG) really goofed. I doubt they were put in change of a multi million dollar acct with no possible chance of succeeding with it. EA is many things, foolhardy is not one of them.

• Parisfraz
    5 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    Greed is the problem with the update i know at the end of the day your bosses only goal is revenue but if gameplay and loyal gamers r ignored u will stand to loose much more income. one dollar from a million people is easier to get than a million from one person. Dont be like every other blood sucking corperate weasel on the fast track to hell. It should give people enjoyment to play a game not an empty wallet. The starwars franchise name has more than enough drawing power to keep new players coming. please for the love of all things nerd. This is helpful to the playability of the game the rusty sheriff badges of the gamer the souls of the developers and its a nice way of our soulless corperate overlords. Dont be greedy. Its not poke a man you dont have to dry rub them all.
    Post edited by Kozispoon on
  • Options
    Jesse,
    What makes a game great is stability. If I do upfront research and then invest MONTHS into a toon to max him out, I get enjoyment out of being right and enjoyment out of doing the hard work for months. Small adjustments are needed and accepted. What I don't like about this game is the stability in terms of major Nerfs and changing the overall Meta. So many instances of major Nerfs. First Order, complete Nerf. Poe, complete Nerf, could go on and on. At one point those guys were king of Arena, now they are laughed at. If you change the game so drastically, no one will invest because they don't know where the game is going. The major problem is this one ratio, the time to get a maxed out toon / the speed of meta shift. It takes too long to get a maxed out toon compared to how fast the game changes.

While you want to listen to people's complaints, the best thing you can do as a developer is do only change the bare minimum of what is absolutely necessary and nothing more. Preserve stability at the cost of listening to everyone's nerf requests as then people will know which toons to work towards!

Yes we do want new content and for the game to continue to develop. But develop it slowly. Making a change that doubles every stat of a character isn't slowly. I bet a 4* modded rey could kill a 7* unmodded rey, this shouldn't happen.

So my main point is don't listen to anyone and make as few changes as possible and this game will be great.
  • Erdath
    22 posts Member
    Options
    Hi All!
    What is this game long time ago... when I begin playing whit Star Wars Galaxy of Heroes, it whas absolutly different game. And now I dont know what's happen. Mod ok, Raid ok, but delete many thing and absolutly change everything it's not good. GW is unfair, only the PTW players play this game, where i found money? MODS is absolutly impossible tu leveling up. What do we do, and what do you do CG and EA? many peoples from my server is wanna quitting and its boring... What happend whit the original SWGoH game it whas grate but now...
    Thanks, and sorry!
  • Erdath
    22 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    sry for double post.

• NCNER8R
    162 posts Member
    Options

Are you suggesting that Precraft 1.0 resulted in so much profit that they intentionally brought about Precraft 2.0?
  • Donkay
    27 posts Member
    Options
    EA Jesse is indeed the fall guy here, and insulting him isn't going to help fix the game that we all like. That said, EA/CG really need to listen to all the players (ftp and p2p) and realize their game changes have huge impacts on people's time, money and sanity. At the very least, test everything before rolling the updates out. I'm not even sure they actually play the game vs just telling the coders to code the changes in. For example, the mod tables when backing out of choose an ally goes back to the first node unlike all the other tables which go back to the node you were on. This is simply due to not actually playing/testing the game or pure laziness.

The game itself still has many issues that were not addressed prior to adding mods and I don't think we as the community are asking for a perfect game but just something balanced with p2p having a slight edge is fine.

For the record, I do like the mods concept. Execution of this concept has been poor at best.

My recommendations (for the record, I do like the mods concept. execution :
    1. Roll back mod upgrade costs so there are no disparities between those that upgraded and those that didn't prior to second mod update.
    2. Roll GW back to previous version until you guys find a good balance. Granted it was all too easy then, with mods now it should be more difficult but not like the current version. Understand that GW is the main way players gain credits and with mods now it's even more crucial. Having 99% of the players able to finish GW easily is far better than only players who have a deep deep roster.
    3. Increase GW completion credits to $1 million at least.
    4. Change Mod Challenges to give 3* mods in tier 3 and change all 5* mods obtained this way to 3* (then add corresponding tiers for those * mods in the future.) Raid rewards should give out 4* with subsequent raids giving higher * mods. This way mods are scaled into the game and not taking over, don't want this game to become SWGOM: Star Wars Galaxy Of Mods.

These should be the beginning steps to bringing balance back to the Force, I mean game.
This discussion has been closed.