Message from the CM

Replies

• Options
    NCNER8R wrote: »
    I'm truly amazed how many of you think this is all a giant accidental CF.

It's marketing strategy through and through and it's meant to feed on addiction.

Any response is lip service, any changes were planned well in advance. It's all part of the system to get people to keep throwing money at them.

The sooner you realize all of this the sooner you will be able to make a decision to either walk away with peace of mind or to continue to throw money into it.

Are you suggesting that Precraft 1.0 resulted in so much profit that they intentionally brought about Precraft 2.0?

EA did not become a multi-billion dollar company by being a bunch of incompetent ****. They also haven't kept SWGOH as a top grossing game by accident.
  • Options
    Yeah.. My Teebo lost almost 50 potency. The base percentage for Teebo's in our guild are all different. **** happened?
  • Options
    While today’s update won’t directly affect Mods themselves, it will reduce how many insignificant Mods you can receive and will ideally let you focus on getting the Mods you need

If they are insignificant mods, then why are they in the game?
    You freely admit they are insignificant, useless pieces of garbage, and yet, there they are, useless rewards for completing a battle. Gee, thanks for the pile of trash. The good news is that this junk can drop from any mod battle now, yay.
    I just don't understand. Mods have enough flavors as they are ("health" mods that upgrade offense? what?), seven different tiers of mods is too much. Two tiers would be plenty.
  • Options
    My suggestions would be:
    1: Drop the boosts given by mods to about 10% of what they currently are
    2: Go back to having mods be 100% drop rate and the original level up cost
    3: Roll back raids to the pre-patch settings
    4: Make mods count toward team power for both GW and Arena (hopefully that would fix the really skewed fight 12s that hardly anyone can beat)
  • Options
    J0K3R wrote: »
    As a player, i ask that a revert not be considered. Better to bring it back to the way you introduced it, and just shift the decimal over to the left one spot. I think ppl will love it then.

Player payed crystals, credit and energie. They have to get a refund!
  • jasperC
    60 posts Member
    Options
    @EA_Jesse are devs noticing that in mod challenge battles - MK5 challenges are actually randomly dropping MK3, MK4, etc together with MK5 mods? I hope this is a bug and is being worked on.. I spent 2 crystal refills and got MK mod drops lower than 5 that I would not be using at all..
  • djvita
    1684 posts Member
    Options
    There are reports that Tier 7 mods now don't drop from heroic
    What the heck, we talked about this, don't stealth change things.
  • Options
    @EA_Jesse
    Yes, the anger of community has produced anger and nonconstructive feedback. No, this level of vitriol does not help the situation at all.

I have only been playing the game for a few months and I love it. I love most of the added features that have been implemented. I can see where you were going with the Mod system, and like the theory behind it. If I had a say, I would roll everything back pre-mod and start from scratch. This roll back would include a huge payback to players who have spend crystals, credits, and real cash on a failed execution of some great ideas.

I am not a game designer, but EA needs to find a balance of making SWGoH a profitable game and keep the fun for players. Here are some things I would have tested before a roll out.
    *Raise level cap to 85
    *Mods unlock at player lvl 85, and Characters at lvl 85 can be modded
    *Place the smaller Mods in Mod battles and Challenges
    * Create a new raid, lvl 85 only
    * Higher levels of mods earned from new raid. Higher the raid tier, higher the mod tier
    * Allow guilds to run both A Rancor raid and a new raid at the same time. This will mean an adjustment to guild coins.
    * A serperate Arena bracket for level 85 players to balance out pvp with mods
    *Either create a energy to use to farm mods or raise the refresh rate/lower crystal cost of refreshes for cantina energy.
    These are just thoughts from the top of my head without deeper thinking of flaws in these ideas.
    I have hopes that the developers can come up with some good fixes to keep this ga@EA_Jesse
  • Aniema
    602 posts Member
    Options
    @Beege

Sorry I can't read through all that wall of text but something caught my eye. You were talking about credits
    TOMxBAKER wrote: »
    Hey y'all CG/EA folks...

I'm barely a genius and I see it clearly.... Let me 'splain it to you... Maybe this this will help the state of the game, since telling the truth and telling people how to get your attention doesn't help the game....

you made GW our only source of credits too hard/ time consuming for most people... Aniema (the great one) of course being excluded.

You fix it by making it too easy, then refining it by making it worse than it was when you fixed it the first time. 'Sup with that?

Then, you have a scoundrel event to get credits. BTW Aniema, I had only Chewy 4* when it was first announced... How you Gonna get 5 scoundrels that can beat tier two that fast. I have worked on it everyday since announced and still couldn't do it... Cost of getting, leveling and gearing is too prohibitive... On top, with the ingenious plan of using Cantina energy, the slower generating, costlier to replenish kind, to get mods, I have to stop on Lando, so will not have scoundrel team next time either. At the time, I would have spent cash on a scoundrel pack.... But, that wasn't even offered... Blew my mind....

So, then, You goofed on Raids, so gave us free guild coins, but half our guild left, so that doesn't help either... why Did that not help you ask.....

Because we can't recruit people cause of guild hopping penalties!!!! And people are quitting so fast, we can't keep up. We get new people everyday, but loose more than we get. I don't even recognize my own guild anymore....

You add mods to guild rewards, but it costs 600k to level them up.... No credits to do so!!!!

I have shards for characters I can't afford to level... I need 3.95 million just to level up people I have shards for, but no credits to level them. Why not spend my money that way? GW. No way to win without super modding top characters...

All this being said, how will I ever level anyone again...

BTW... Aniema... Just so you know, I have been winning GW, too, but I hate it!!!! I would rather not even start it... I faced a 5s with over 50k health and protection. After getting thru 10 levels... He solo'd 12 7* level 70 or higher g8 or higher characters....

That's right 12... Including Teebo and other stealth characters I have and all my stunners! If I hadn't got the 3* 12th node, I would not have been able to win, because of 1 character...

He destroyed my modded 7* g9 Fives...

This is not good for the state of the game, Jesse... Not good at all.

Last week we had 48 actives in our guild today I think 28.....

Thanks guys.....

Gee, maybe you could give us 100 crystals for all we've been through... LOL...

WELL, If a major change doesn't happen soon, our guild will be down to 27....

I'm tired of this....

You don't think I face people with mods? My squad power is now 41k w/mods. Still beat it no problem. Today was the easiest of all..GW took me 25 minutes. Honestly I think people are too used to getting their way and having things handed to them in life. Sadly that same concept they want it added to the game. This needed to happen to weed out people who don't like working for their progress.
  • Beege
    74 posts Member
    Options
    Aniema wrote: »
    @Beege

Sorry I can't read through all that wall of text but something caught my eye. You were talking about credits
    Hey y'all CG/EA folks...

I'm barely a genius and I see it clearly.... Let me 'splain it to you... Maybe this this will help the state of the game, since telling the truth and telling people how to get your attention doesn't help the game....

you made GW our only source of credits too hard/ time consuming for most people... Aniema (the great one) of course being excluded.

You fix it by making it too easy, then refining it by making it worse than it was when you fixed it the first time. 'Sup with that?

Then, you have a scoundrel event to get credits. BTW Aniema, I had only Chewy 4* when it was first announced... How you Gonna get 5 scoundrels that can beat tier two that fast. I have worked on it everyday since announced and still couldn't do it... Cost of getting, leveling and gearing is too prohibitive... On top, with the ingenious plan of using Cantina energy, the slower generating, costlier to replenish kind, to get mods, I have to stop on Lando, so will not have scoundrel team next time either. At the time, I would have spent cash on a scoundrel pack.... But, that wasn't even offered... Blew my mind....

So, then, You goofed on Raids, so gave us free guild coins, but half our guild left, so that doesn't help either... why Did that not help you ask.....

Because we can't recruit people cause of guild hopping penalties!!!! And people are quitting so fast, we can't keep up. We get new people everyday, but loose more than we get. I don't even recognize my own guild anymore....

You add mods to guild rewards, but it costs 600k to level them up.... No credits to do so!!!!

I have shards for characters I can't afford to level... I need 3.95 million just to level up people I have shards for, but no credits to level them. Why not spend my money that way? GW. No way to win without super modding top characters...

BTW... Aniema... Just so you know, I have been winning GW, too, but I hate it!!!! I would rather not even start it... I faced a 5s with over 50k health and protection. After getting thru 10 levels... He solo'd 12 7* level 70 or higher g8 or higher characters....

That's right 12... Including Teebo and other stealth characters I have and all my stunners! If I hadn't got the 3* 12th node, I would not have been able to win, because of 1 character...

Thanks guys.....

I'm tired of this....

You don't think I face people with mods? My squad power is now 41k w/mods. Still beat it no problem. Today was the easiest of all..GW took me 25 minutes. Honestly I think people are too used to getting their way and having things handed to them in life. Sadly that same concept they want it added to the game. This needed to happen to weed out people who don't like working for their progress.

Not quite sure why you tagged me on this @Aniema. This is not my my post...
  • Options
    @EA_Jesse I honestly feel that you are "listening" now because you have to. Because the revenue from the game is spiraling downward in a rapid pace and players are quitting. So, this is your chance at quality control. The community has been giving you feedback for months, and it's evident that you guys don't really listen, but instead you push forward with your own agenda. Also, I find it extremely offensive that you somehow are trying to silence your customers from expressing their concerns and feedback. You can't blame people for being frustrated or unhappy. The least you can do is acknowledge it and take it. Obviously, it's not something that happened over night, it's an accumulation of months of not being heard. It's not feasible that you somehow have listed to customers and continued with the changes that you guys have made. I hope that this is a wake up call because honestly this is sort of your last chance with a majority of you player base. Will you listen or will you make another unwarranted patch that will drive away and infuriate more of your customer base? We will see.
  • Aniema
    602 posts Member
    Options
    Mokkal wrote: »
    I wish the devs could trace my account. They would see a gamer who completes Galatic wars everyday. They would see someone who sits at rank 5-1 everyday. They would see someone makes progress no matter what. I equipped some 5* mods and leveled them up because I had the credits and energy saved days before the update came out. How? You met say. Because when the devs announce stuff I listen. When changes take place that affect me I get prepared. Looks like about 90% of the community doesn't do the same. I even got some 6* mods last night from raiding. This game is easy people. If your having a problem with Galatic wars it's not the gam that's broken it's your squad and gear that's broken. You hav your selves to blame.

If I can beat Galatic wars everyday and you can't? What does that say about the game? The game is fine. My squad and game experience is fine. Yours is not fine. You're all doing something wrong. I. Sorry but that's the brutal honest truth.

LOL.

You want an ice-cream dude ?
    I don't have any problem to complete all the game and finish on the top #5 Arena. So I have a brain and 2 good eyes to see that EA/CG are not really competent.

OHHHH !!! The Ice Cream Truck !!

Don't need no ice cream thank you tho, you say you have a brain, but I don't think you are using it. This game is easy enough. I don't need GWs or mods nerfed for me to progress in this game. But mostly others do. Want proof? This guy is just the messenger. And everybody is reaming him for something he has no control over. Looks to me that this game has a lot of spoiled brats playing it. I hope they don't make any changes and it stays like this. If they give in to all the spoiled brats, then they will just continue playing waiting for the next thing to complain about. I say to heck with that. It's time to spray some roundup and get rid of all the useless weeds.

• NCNER8R
    162 posts Member
    Options
    NCNER8R wrote: »

It's marketing strategy through and through and it's meant to feed on addiction.

Any response is lip service, any changes were planned well in advance. It's all part of the system to get people to keep throwing money at them.

The sooner you realize all of this the sooner you will be able to make a decision to either walk away with peace of mind or to continue to throw money into it.

Are you suggesting that Precraft 1.0 resulted in so much profit that they intentionally brought about Precraft 2.0?

EA did not become a multi-billion dollar company by being a bunch of incompetent ****. They also haven't kept SWGOH as a top grossing game by accident.

Recent standings monthly standings.....

https://thinkgaming.com/app-sales-data/

• Options
    There are lot of people who precrafted mods before the last drop rate adjustment, all of them are in the first ranks of PvP and now there another lot of people who are not going to reach the same level in months

What would be the solution to that, again a "compensation" of 500 crystals to everyone as usual???

This absurds rewards only give the game exactly the same than previously the compensation, so it doesn't resolve anything
  • Options
    I think its pretty clear that majority of people are unhappy with the update lots of people have quit and many more are planning to not just here but reddit also so there really is no point defending it because if majority quit then there is no real competition left and then then game is dead
  • tRRRey
    2782 posts Member
    Options
    I commend you @EA_Jesse for taking on the thankless task of being @CG_JohnSalera 's puppet. However I'd like to hear the words come out of his mouth instead about what will be done to fix this travesty of a game. I wonder if he'll get a clear connection on his private island.. :confused:
    https://swgoh.gg/u/trey 66/
    Make Zader Great Again!
  • Aniema
    602 posts Member
    Options
    Beege wrote: »
    @Beege

Hey y'all CG/EA folks...

Thanks guys.....

I'm tired of this....

Not quite sure why you tagged me on this @Aniema. This is not my my post...

My bad Beege. It was directed to @TOMxBAKER
  • Options
    @Beege

Hey y'all CG/EA folks...

Thanks guys.....

I'm tired of this....

Bull. Don't assume this nonsense about people you don't know, who simply feel betrayed and cheated by a major lack of communication, shady business practices, and almost completely ignoring feedback. I don't have or want things handed to me. I like to work for and earn what I want. "This needed to happen to weed out people who don't like working for progress." Really? I already spent many hours to get where I am, as did many others. That progress has been almost entirely devalued in an instant. The forums are ablaze and players hate most of the recent changes nearly unanimously. You must really think you're special, and above so many members of the player base. I really hope I'm wrong about that. If not, I wish you the best, and I hope you like playing alone.
  • Fuji
    7 posts Member
    Options
    Lol. Quit the game a few days ago and came back to see how things are. They have gotten even worse. I used to love this game and it makes me sad seeing what has happened. Peace out
  • Options
    ok got warned by a mod for a lot of f-word in a reddit post I copied over. feels like I'm 12 again being told I've been naughty. oh the nostalgia hahaha
  • ZarLatho
    690 posts Member
    Options
    This needed to happen to weed out people who don't like working for their progress.

You give no indication of having any idea what's going on. People who don't like working for their progress? What?

You know what I did the second day of the mods? I geared Rey up to G10 – and I'd been starring Rey the hard way long before she was purchasable. It is possible you have no idea what kind of labor was involved in that, just take my word for it: notwithstanding how much we see of Rey these days, it is a significant game accomplishment.

Until it isn't. Because that same day I had boosted Rey with some of the MK5 15 mods I'd precrafted, and I could hardly notice the gear upgrade. In about 3 minutes of not working for progress I progressed more than I have in seven months.

The reality is this game is weeding out people who do like to work for their progress, and are dismayed and angry that their progress was wiped out in a single client restart.
  • Darth_Jay77
    3163 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Options

This is definitely no accident and definitely a business decision. I bet the developers themselves are awesome. I worked in marketing for a gaming software development company and the studio folks were such cool people. They truly worked on their games as if it were a piece of art and they had a personal vested interest in it and really took it to-heart when the program didn't earn well. I believe everything the dev team does is with good in-tentions or at least done because the direction their boss is given them.

If you look at what's going on with SW Battlefront, there is obviously a problem with EA's management team that makes decisions about the direction of their games; it sounds like that game is falling apart too. Is it any coincidence that it's happening at the same time as SWGOH??? It's unfortunate because EA clearly has some talented folks in their studios developing these products that probably love what they do and the projects they're working on and now they have to watch their work fall apart because of what some manager that probably has never played a video game or mobile game is telling them to do.

Jesse: I know you're kind of out of office it sounds like and working remote can be difficult; are we going to expect any updates from John on what's going on? This isn't trying to troll or be a ****, but honestly many of us are hanging on to see what's going be said about the solution. That update from John, or perhaps you, will determine if the app stays on our devices or not in many cases. A good chunk of my guild quit, so even if I stay I need to look for a new guild so it would be good to get some feedback as to what's going on.
  • Options
    EA_Jesse wrote: »
    Now, in regards to all of the posts on the forums, we need to adjust the approach being taken by a number of posters. I’m going to ask that you please stop posting threads that do nothing to help the state of the game, I don’t want to remove anyone because they keep breaking the TOS and Forum Guidelines.

Here are a couple of things that I’d like to see stop:
    • Posting threads telling people to quit, to stop spending on the game or to lower their review scores. This does nothing to help the state of the game. What helps us is seeing feedback on why you don’t like a certain feature and how it affects your enjoyment of the game.
    • Do not create posts bashing EA, CG, the dev team or the moderators. Again, this does nothing to help the game.
    • Do not create posts on how the game is dead, or how it’s going to die, or anything along those lines.

If any of the above is done after this posting action will be taken against your forum account, and we really don’t want to have to do that, so please, keep it civil and constructive so we can clearly see your feedback.

Thanks,
    Jesse

When I saw your post discussing this I was shocked because it's Friday and typically, this is when the player base gets blown off for the weekend, vacations and trips and all so I was happy. Then sadly, you ended with what I quoted above and then I thought to myself, you should have refrained from mentioning anything concerning this now while the players of the game are heated.

To ask that people who have invested months and money into this "investment" to quiet down and offer no negative views or opinions right now is reaching and you must see this my friend!!!

To imagine that the players would just hush up and lay down was kind of dreaming to be honest and this last piece of your post only served to further anger the players, not calm them. You basically asked people to just sit down and take it and if it hurts, sit in silence and suffer unless you have something cheerful to say, that is very unfair and anyone with any sense of human psychology could see this is a very insulting tone to have. I write you this as a wake up call to help you to understand that, I hope my words sink in....
  • Options
    I hope that's not a omen for titan fall 2 one of the few good ea games
  • ZarLatho
    690 posts Member
    Options
    I hope that's not a omen for titan fall 2 one of the few good ea games

Of course it is.
  • Options
    The mod drop rate and credit cost to level needs to be reverted back. This needs to be done right away to fix precraft 2.0.

For the stats from the mods, the primary stats are too OP, I think you should just remove the primary stat from all mods and make the secondary stats the primary.
  • Options
    Hello, SWGoH - collection (trading) game is dead. SWGoH - endless stupid farm game with the knowledge that all your endeavors are meaningless six months born and dies in a month.

It will complete roll back and choose a different path of development.
  • Fitz
    302 posts Member
    Options
    What has been done since this awesome message from our CM:
    1 / You are not guaranteed a 5* mod from the third level mod challenges.
    2 / Tier 7 mods removed from tier 7 raid

Man, I'm sorry for your credibility.
  • NCNER8R
    162 posts Member
    Options
    DartMos wrote: »
    Hello, SWGoH - collection (trading) game is dead. SWGoH - endless **** farm game with the knowledge that all your endeavors are meaningless six months born and dies in a month.

It will complete roll back and choose a different path of development.

First Post? Welcome to the community LOL.....
  • Options
    People payed for that "primary stats" with real money, they need a refund
This discussion has been closed.