Message from the CM

Prev13456737
Hey Everyone,

It’s been a while since I’ve posted a message to you all that is directly from me, one that isn’t patch notes :)

I know that a number of you are upset with the latest series of updates, but know that we have heard you. As many of you saw, CG_NotReallyAJedi made a couple of posts recently addressing some of the concerns with Mods. We should have more to discuss tomorrow, but know that the team is doing quite a bit of work on Mods to change them. I want to avoid giving any specifics since all of the changes we’re looking at are being tested still, but know that adjustments will be made to Mods. There are also some other concerns you all have that I won’t list out here, but know that I’m talking to the development team about them as well.

Now, in regards to all of the posts on the forums, we need to adjust the approach being taken by a number of posters. I’m going to ask that you please stop posting threads that do nothing to help the state of the game, I don’t want to remove anyone because they keep breaking the TOS and Forum Guidelines.

Here are a couple of things that I’d like to see stop:
  • Posting threads telling people to quit, to stop spending on the game or to lower their review scores. This does nothing to help the state of the game. What helps us is seeing feedback on why you don’t like a certain feature and how it affects your enjoyment of the game.
  • Do not create posts bashing EA, CG, the dev team or the moderators. Again, this does nothing to help the game.
  • Do not create posts on how the game is dead, or how it’s going to die, or anything along those lines.

If any of the above is done after this posting action will be taken against your forum account, and we really don’t want to have to do that, so please, keep it civil and constructive so we can clearly see your feedback.

Thanks,
Jesse
Community Manager for Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes | Follow me on Twitter - Darokaz

Replies

• Bytra
    15 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    In before lock.... Oh no please dont ban my account!!!
  • scuba
    14164 posts Member
    Options
    No concerns addressed.
  • Options
    @Bytra and this is the type of post that needs to stop...the joking about being banned or moderated has nothing to do with discussion of the game or feedback.
    Community Manager for Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes | Follow me on Twitter - Darokaz
  • Hendiju
    370 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    Don't belittle the game?? Pfft. Oh ok. Lol.

Thanks for addressing the concerns of everyone.
    ☮ Consular ☮
  • Options
    @scuba we're looking at Mods, testing them, how is that not addressing a concern? I refrained from posting exact details because they aren't locked in yet.
  • Options
    Trying so hard to hang on to a shred of optimism here, but I just don't see a way back from this.
  • RU486
    1686 posts Member
    Options
    Send feedback that no one listens to? Oh ok.
  • masters
    235 posts Member
    Options
    When I do a tier 5 mod challenge, I would like a tier 5 mod. Simple concept really. I hope that's in mod update 3.
  • C3POwn
    507 posts Member
    Options
    "Posting threads telling people to quit, to stop spending on the game or to lower their review scores. This does nothing to help the state of the game. What helps us is seeing feedback on why you don’t like a certain feature and how it affects your enjoyment of the game."

Can you please give us 1 recent example of when you listened to our feedback and didn't immediately do the exact opposite? Just 1 is all.
  • Options
    Communication about future communication.

Is it really that hard to say, "positive adjustments" or that problematic to mention a specific like cost or power or drops?
  • dough
    641 posts Member
    Options
    you're tripping over 10s picking up 1s here if your chief complaint is something @Bytra joked about.
  • Obsid
    108 posts Member
    Options
    @EA_Jesse I have a question, does a person saying that they personally are no longer spending on the game or quiting count? (If they are not directly telling others to stop spending/quiting)
  • Options
    Honestly, this is it for me. If you think you are getting away with this EA you are sorely mistaken.
  • Iyaoyas
    120 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    Rather then changing the mods, let's try reverting them, testing them out better and rerolling them out. Chalk it up as a learning experience, give people the credits and crystals back they spend on mods and we can all move on together. Way to many people have left or are right on the edge. Reset and start again.
  • Yankee
    28 posts Member
    Options
    How do you do this "testing"? You have sent out emergency patches a couple of times already because it was clearly NOT tested. I don't know if I should go ahead and upgrade my mods now and farm them or there will be a roll back patch tomorrow. This uncertainty is annoying and could be avoided if you actually tested what you roll out. I hope that is constructive.
  • Options
    Even though you can't give specifics, thank you for the post. Some communication is better than radio silence. Also pls restore mod drop rates to 100% haha
  • Options
    I think that the issue that today's patch introduced is altogether probably a greater issue than the mods themselves.

People are very angry (and rightly so), that the "precrafting" effect has now happened again, but this time with mods. People who spent their energy during the day or so that we had access to 100% 5* mod drop rate, and lower credit cost for leveling them have an INCREDIBLE advantage over those that didn't.

I think that, more than anything, is what players would like to have a response to.
  • pac0naut
    3236 posts Member
    Options
    I don't even know what to say about this.
    Meanwhile, down on the farm....
  • Options
    @C3POwn community asked for Jedi Knight Anakin to be adjusted, so we did. There's the 1 you asked for!
  • Joaquin
    41 posts Member
    Options
    Should have tested mods before releasing them.
  • JRCPKT99
    292 posts Member
    Options
    Thanks for taking the time to update us. I am a bit confused. I would like to know specifically what went into the update earlier today and I would like to know generally how to expect mods changing.

I understand being tight lipped about the specifics but I think we all feel like this is beta testing and we unfortunately have paid to do so. I don't want to spend/farm for nothing.

On a positive note...I have truly enjoyed the game until the update.
  • Go_Blue
    95 posts Member
    Options
    Jesse -

I think the concern is that when people complained about mods, your first step as a team was to make things much, much worse. You created a precraft 2.0 problem, made mods harder to get, and made all sorts of other unannounced changes to the game. So, when you say "we're making massive changes to mods" that reads as "the millions of credits and thousands of crystals you've spent over the past few days" were for nothing. The changes that were made "in response to the customer base" we're changes none of the customers asked for or wanted. It's a very scary position for all of us who have spent lots of time and money on the game.
  • OmarFPG
    458 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    EA_Jesse wrote: »
    What helps us is seeing feedback on why you don’t like a certain feature and how it affects your enjoyment of the game.

Plenty of feedback from me here: https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/53726/insufficient-storage-for-update-megathread#latest no words on the issue since it happened, and lots LOTS of time wasted, and everything that represents (eg: in my particular case: https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/comment/548756/#Comment_548756)

So maybe you can take a look at this overlooked issue. It was acknowledged at first by @CG_Kozispoon but it's been neglected ever since. Looking forward to hear from anyone of you. @EA_Jesse, @CG_JohnSalera, @CG_NotReallyAJedi, etc.
    548-145-651 | Playing since Dec 28th (:
  • Options
    @C3POwn community asked for Jedi Knight Anakin to be adjusted, so we did. There's the 1 you asked for!

Lol
  • Options
    Many words, and nothing said.
  • Options
    Are we being trolled?
  • Options
    So much fail here...
  • Options

How long did that one take again?
  • Options
    People posted on the forum about hating GW, and devs doubled down on it.

People posted on the forum about the credit crunch, and you added mods that cost between 500k to 1.7 million to fully upgrade and countered that with an extra 100k on GW. That didn't help us catch up, it put us further behind.
  • Options
    Jesse, will anything be changed about today's changes or are the changes totally new? There was some uproar due to today's changes, so if something has to be done, I believe it should be those.
This discussion has been closed.