Game Update - 7/27/2016 Comments ***Megathread***

Prev134567
BentWookiee
4819 posts Member
edited July 2016
Greetings

Here are the update notes for 7/27/2016.

General

Biggs Darklighter & Wedge Antilles have been updated! They now deal more damage, are more effective at fighting the Empire, and gain incredible synergies when battling alongside each other!
Geonosian Spy will remain in Aurodium packs until the next Aurodium pack update in August.
MK 5 CEC Fusion Furnace will be placed back into Shipments and MK 6 Nubian Design Tech will be taken out.

Increased Frequency of Raid Gear showing up in PvE Shipments
Mod Shipments have changed in the following ways:
Prior to unlocking Mod Challenges only 1, 2 and 3 star Mods will be available in Mod Shipments.
Upon completion of ALL Tier 1 Mod Challenges 4 star Mods will start to appear in Mod Shipments.
Upon completion of ALL Tier 2 Mod Challenges 5 star Mods will start to appear in Mod shipments.

Bug Fixes

Grand Master Yoda: "Masterstroke" will no longer grant Critical Damage Up when hitting an IG-86 Sentinel Droid with "Droid Squad Tactics."

Jedi Consular now plays a blue visual effect when the cooldown reduction effect on his Basic ability triggers.

Jedi Knight Anakin: Allies will now gain Advantage from "Always on the Offensive" when they are dodged even if they already had Advantage.

Grand Moff Tarkin: Offense Down inflicted by "Intimidation Tactics" can now be dispelled.
Fixed a bug that caused the Damage Over Time effects inflicted by IG-88's Leader Ability to be Unresistable.

Ewok Scout: "Ewok Ambush" will no longer remove Turn Meter when the attack is Evaded.

Snowtrooper: "Assault Training" now correctly grants Turn Meter to Empire allies.

Fixed a bug that could cause the Door Control Panel to be unavailable in phases 2 and 3 of The Pit raid on attempts after the player's first on that phase.

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/58996/game-update-7-27-2016#latest

Replies

• Options
    Did the players ask for this?

What about Boba Fett and Darth Maul?

Rebels and Resistance/Good guys always get priority! *pouts*
  • vincentlondon
    4527 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    it s a Biggs buff. Who cares about biggs.
    And only P2P have Wedge...
    Post edited by vincentlondon on
  • gobears21
    1265 posts Member
    Options
    Need a review if it is worth pouring resources into... Odd to have a toon that deals extra damage for the .1% of the time I face empire toons
  • ItsJarJarBinkz
    2494 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    No IG-88 lead! This sucks!
  • gobears21
    1265 posts Member
    Options
    I have wedge and Biggs but they aren't upgraded.... Can you let us know if they are worth it now?
  • Options
    Please keep comments on topic and within Forum Guidelines
  • Options
    All the Jawas pictures were updated, and that's not even in the update notes
  • Phipps
    1107 posts Member
    Options
    Yawn
  • Options
    Good thing Wedge is completely unavailable. That will be really helpful.
  • Options
    So, I actually think these guys would be badass paired with Leia (based on looking at level 1 abilities and hoping they scale up decently well), but how am I supposed to get Wedge reasonably at this point?
  • pac0naut
    3236 posts Member
    Options
    Phipps wrote: »
    Yawn

Exactly. The JC thing was something a lot of us wanted for a long time though. It would be GREAT if Wedge was like, you know, actually farmable. Snowtrooper's unique has been bugged for quite a while. This actually helps.

STILL ZERO WORD about mod drop rates or lack thereof.
    Meanwhile, down on the farm....
  • licky
    112 posts Member
    Options
    Robhar3187 wrote: »

I noticed this too and I thought I was going crazy because they didn't bring it up.
  • pac0naut
    3236 posts Member
    Options
    Good thing Wedge is completely unavailable. That will be really helpful.

This. I bought literally ONE Arodium ever and got him at 4* and can't do squat with him now.
    Meanwhile, down on the farm....
  • Options
    licky wrote: »
    Robhar3187 wrote: »

I noticed this too and I thought I was going crazy because they didn't bring it up.

Now I feel crazy because I don't see any difference. :|

• Nodisintegtations
    226 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    Biggs was my All-star toon back, way back. I have him siting waiting to be fully stared, and I only use him in GW with my 4 ewoks before I'm rdy to slot in Stormy Han.

This, however nice edition, is a joke. To say no other players need fixing, we are just going to work on these two, is a slap in the face. Pride comes before the fall, my freinds.
  • Options
    A few questions

Did you guys fixed Teebo?
    Or GW?
    Are you guys changing the energy require for Mods or it will stay the same?
    What about the stunned enemies comming out of it to give a second attack?
    Are we going to get the scoundrel events at 6 days or just every 12 days like it's been so far?
    It's the problem on the coins produce and the coins shown will be fixed?
    What about the sims? Event time We use them We Sint gey fair droops , we've sone 10 -12 sims and get 1 drop some times none

Just a few questions and concerns I have
  • Options
    I got him for the empire event before I realized you would need a rebel team far beyond what I was able to do in that time. He was one of the higher undeveloped characters I had from GW, so I finished him, since that goes fast. I'm glad he does more damage, because he certainly doesn't survive long in the one place I use him, which is on my fifth raid team, where they all die quickly and don't do much damage.
  • Options
    What is a PvE shipment? The shipment shop?
  • Options
    Farmable Wedge would be nice. I run rebels and stay in the top 40 on my server. The Biggs buff is sweet, for extra crit chance and such, and I use him on my arena squad. I just wish this synergy wasn't P2W.
  • Nukin
    415 posts Member
    Options
    What about Tarkin, Veers, & Magmatrooper???
  • Options
    Empire enemies eh? Oh you mean Vader, ya, we see him skulking around once and awhile, lol
  • Options
    I wrote down all Biggs' stats yesterday and they are all the same today when the notice arrived that he was buffed. Even restarted the game to see if that changed anything. Nope. Queue the old lady: "Where's the buff?!"
  • Options
    Biggs was my All-star toon back, way back. I have him siting waiting to be fully stared, and I only use him in GW with my 4 ewoks before I'm rdy to slot in Stormy Han.

This, however nice edition, is a joke. To say no other players need fixing, we are just going to work on these two, is a slap in the face. Pride comes before the fall, my freinds.

Why does this mean no other players need fixing? If this makes a rebel squad an arena option(without being OP and broken) then I think it is awesome. Now, I'm not claiming it does that, but unless you have evidence they either still aren't any good or are ridiculously OP, then I see no reason to complain. Be happy they are listening to our request to improve unused toons.
  • Options
    Read the skill description.
  • Options
    Who asked for a Biggs buff? I understand wedge but not Biggs? Also why does this buff only synergize with a ptp toon? (Yes I know its because $$$)
  • gig4ls
    38 posts Member
    Options
    "Ewok Scout: "Ewok Ambush" will no longer remove Turn Meter when the attack is Evaded."
    Is there any more information about why this basic attack does not remove TM when the attack is evaded, but other TM removal basic attacks do remove TM when evaded? (Qui Gon Jin, Rex, etc. do still remove TM when evaded).
  • Options
    His skill ups are 10% instead of 5% damage bonuses and Wedge automatically assists on his assist call as well as someone else
  • RAYRAY
    2761 posts Member
    Options
    So, my 88 lead dots can be resisted now? Ok great. I should have bought Rex...88 lead is not as effective anymore. Thanks...
    ☮ Consular ☮ American Rebel Rebel Force (Endor) JedhaYavin IV
  • Options
    Some good in this update.
    1. Wedge & Biggs is a pretty cool way to create some synergy! I definitely hope we see more of this with old underutilized characters and new. Nice work CG!
    2. Geo Spy, I'm just indifferent, assuming this is a good thing
    3. Increased raid gear frequency, sweet!
    4. Bug fixes are good, I'm especially happy about Anakin's fix, thanks

What's missing?
    1. The Mod shop update would be cool, but it is so difficult to unlock all tier of each challenge. The individual specific Squads are very time consuming and costly to farm, not to mention the Jawas that this doesn't feel like a benefit unless you have a ton of disposable income to spend on crystals and credit packs.

2. Credit Crunch is not addressed and it really needs to be.
    - Mod upgrade cost is really high
    - Too many events requiring very specific and hard to farm teams. The Scoundrel event is a big source of credits but it's infrequent and incredibly difficult for those not already equipped with a squad to prepare for it with the current credit situation.
    - Some are having difficulty with Galactic War and require 10 or more characters to finish it, it takes a lot of Credits to Promote, Level, and Mod-out new characters.
    - Can we have another means of earning Credits that aren't so Squad specific please? :smile:

3. Galactic War is still not being addressed. Can you at least share your data on completion rates since the Mod updates please? Perhaps that will help calm some of the dislike over the current format?

@EA_Jesse
    @CG_Kozispoon
  • Options
    Go Biggs or go home
This discussion has been closed.