Game Update - 7/27/2016 Comments ***Megathread***

Replies

• Options
    They also fixed healers trying to heal protection so healers are no viable for auto battles.
  • Options
    Yea! This is perfect. Absolutely, entirely perfect. Could not have hoped for better.

After a week of not reading these forums at all because there was nothing but depressing nonsense, rarely punctuated by amazingly tone-deaf developer "input" that invariably made it significantly worse, I came back to check for new developments.

And....confirmed. There's no point. Reading? Keeping up? Paying attention? Hoping for better? Thinking things might turn around? Don't bother.

I'm free!
  • Options
    I haven't been to Denmark, but I spent some wondeful days in der Nederlandse. I can only imagine Denmark :)
  • Options
    I feel like this entire game is way far from normal reality of the sales world. Sure you get a few players so addicted they are willing spend thousands of dollars on a game. But CG and EA is losing out on a ton of money from the people who would never in a million years spend more than....say 59.99 on a game lol. They have created this amazing game in SWGOH and its been sent down the **** because of gouging. All you have to do is come up with a better system of P2P. Do subscriptions or something, and dont try to force people to pay out of the you know what for any little thing in game. At a certain point, its not even a video game anymore. Its like a slot machine without reward of actually winning money. My guild has lost half its members since the mod update and some of these guys were the ones spending about 20-50 bucks a month on the game. But then the update came and it was obvious, CG wants hundreds of dollars per player. Makes no sense, I dont get it and it just makes me mad that this game is being sent down the drain for no reason. If CG is having financial issues keeping the game going, then they need to express that to their fans and id bet people would be willing to throw money in a reasonable fashion for something to help out. So frustrated right now :(
  • Options
    I feel like this entire game is way far from normal reality of the sales world. Sure you get a few players so addicted they are willing spend thousands of dollars on a game. But CG and EA is losing out on a ton of money from the people who would never in a million years spend more than....say 59.99 on a game lol. They have created this amazing game in SWGOH and its been sent down the **** because of gouging. All you have to do is come up with a better system of P2P. Do subscriptions or something, and dont try to force people to pay out of the you know what for any little thing in game. At a certain point, its not even a video game anymore. Its like a slot machine without reward of actually winning money. My guild has lost half its members since the mod update and some of these guys were the ones spending about 20-50 bucks a month on the game. But then the update came and it was obvious, CG wants hundreds of dollars per player. Makes no sense, I dont get it and it just makes me mad that this game is being sent down the drain for no reason. If CG is having financial issues keeping the game going, then they need to express that to their fans and id bet people would be willing to throw money in a reasonable fashion for something to help out. So frustrated right now :(

I picked-up Hearthstone recently by Blizzard and it's a pretty cool game and inexpensive for a freemium game. I can buy a pack of cards for like $2 or something ridiculously cheap. Unlock a raid that gives tons of good rewards for either in-game gold or I think $7. The Star Wars license is being abused a little on the price.
  • Doga
    808 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    whatever, still enjoy the game so thanks for that atleast.
  • Dredin
    20 posts Member
    Options
    whatever on this update. Cool I guess they actually buffed a F2P character, but let's be realistic, this is to make you pay for Wedge.

No wonder this game has tanks on the top grossing apps in iOS. More bait to pay crazy sums. The days of moderate pay players is disappearing....
  • Options
    Rancor door bug is not fixed. It happened again to me today. Please actually fix the things you say your going to fix. At least make parts of the game that aren't total rubbish playable.
  • Options
    They upgraded Biggs to take advantage of a player you can't currently obtain. Great work there devs.
  • Ryanodo
    82 posts Member
    Options
    Mynd wrote: »
    EA_Jesse wrote: »
    FYI I added a note to the
    Mynd wrote: »
    EA_Jesse wrote: »
    FYI I added a note to the update:
    • Wedge Antilles is the daily login character for August.

Cool, and after that?

Also, what's with mod shipment pricing being so obscene for 5* mods? No addressing mod drop rates (which we all agree are abysmal) as well as all around costs and the fact that there have been no changes to Cantina Energy availability to help with this?

I realize you guys may not play your own game, but you can seriously tweak/buff more than 1-2 heroes a month can't you? Over half the roster isn't particularly viable in any way.

I hear Jawa 5-stack synergy is really bad as well, gonna do something about that? Gonna do anything about synergies period? For instance, Luminara's leader should be significantly stronger than Old Ben's when it's a team full of Jedi, yet Old Ben's lead works with everyone.

There's a plethora of things you can do to make this game better. There's a plethora of QoL things you can do to make game interactions better. Can you fix the chat box bugs? It's been broken since the mod update.

How about halting on releasing new content until you address the plethora of bugs that are in the game. Clearly you're not very efficient at doing both at the same time.

Do you even know what a plethora is?
  • Options
    BTW those asking about unlocking Wedge, Anakin is the Monthly for July and needs 80 to unlock, and It is the same number as previous months. I won't have him unlocked on July 31.

I assume Wedge will be same. They will get you to 30ish, but not 80.
  • Options
    So, let me think for a moment here... An update on the characters no one but whales can get or not many are interested in. Removal of TMR on the characters many struggled to grind. No addressing of the hottest issues, such as GW, credit crunch, mods... Mods.. Oh wait, right, there is a mod update: "You won't get any decent ones, unless you clear all the challenges, which require a roster that would take a year or two to farm (or a nice Audi to sell to pay for them)". Great going, EA! You have managed to make the game experience of the 99% of the player base worse - again! Thank for nothing, really!
  • SlyGambit
    1246 posts Member
    Options
    FWIW Wedge didn't sell well and is a good candidate to be moved to GW store. Something they tend towards after putting them in as a monthly reward character. I would be a little surprised if Wedge wasn't available in Sept. for FTP.
  • KyloRey
    871 posts Member
    Options
    SlyGambit wrote: »
    FWIW Wedge didn't sell well and is a good candidate to be moved to GW store. Something they tend towards after putting them in as a monthly reward character. I would be a little surprised if Wedge wasn't available in Sept. for FTP.

Yeah, if anyone wants Wedge, I would recommend just holding off for a little bit. I bet he ends up in GW soon after August.
  • Dhoey321
    1629 posts Member
    Options
    A Suggestion to the Dev's:

In this Order:

1. Fix the bugs on the characters that are worthless and never used.
    2. Give better rewards and when i say better i mean 5 character shards and more credits per reward box for the GW. - this will hopefully stop the complaining.
    3. Release 2 - 3 characters to FTP players. example Darth Maul, Rex etc.
    3. Make the Credit Heist Event every 5 days.
    4. Make events in general available more often, Empire event, Ewok event etc.
    5. Bring on the new Raid!
  • Options
    Dhoey321 wrote: »
    A Suggestion to the Dev's:

In this Order:

1. Fix the bugs on the characters that are worthless and never used.
    2. Give better rewards and when i say better i mean 5 character shards and more credits per reward box for the GW. - this will hopefully stop the complaining.
    3. Release 2 - 3 characters to FTP players. example Darth Maul, Rex etc.
    3. Make the Credit Heist Event every 5 days.
    4. Make events in general available more often, Empire event, Ewok event etc.
    5. Bring on the new Raid!

Heck, 1 shard per purple box would be grand. And what happened to the special event every week promise?
  • DarkGod
    38 posts Member
    Options
    good morning, it's time to wake up! EA want no F2P-players!!
    instead of some updates for characters you should look really after the players there outdoors and rework, finally, GW that also F2P players had the chance to receive all fights. I also want to hear nothing more from other priorities!! Comes to the ways, you will raise no turnovers!!!
  • Options
    KyloRey wrote: »
    Yeah, if anyone wants Wedge, I would recommend just holding off for a little bit. I bet he ends up in GW soon after August.

I'll bet they move a useless toon like Mob Enforcer to GW and put Wedge in cantina. Or move Gammorrean Guard to GW and put Wedge in guild store.
  • Iron_Maiden_Jedi
    280 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    I just Googled "Capital Games". I was looking for their Wikipedia page. This is the first sentence from that page: "Capital Games is an ultra-modern fast paced gay-themed movie directed by Ilo Orleans." I don't know what my point is posting this here, but I dun did it anyway. Have a jolly good weekend everyone!

Edit: If you ban me for this comment, you are **** racists.
  • Options
    KyloRey wrote: »

I'll bet they move a useless toon like Mob Enforcer to GW and put Wedge in cantina. Or move Gammorrean Guard to GW and put Wedge in guild store.

There are still some empty nodes in Cantina ...
  • Options
    Fixed a bug that caused the Damage Over Time effects inflicted by IG-88's Leader Ability to be Unresistable.

I don't understand this. His leader ability says that on a crit, allies WILL give a DoT.....what is there to be resistable?

I'm not trolling or being disrespectful, I simply don't understand the rework considering the wording of the power.

I wouldn't have wasted all the ability mats, and credits to level his leader skill up, PLUS the omega, had I known it was resistable. It was a big part of my strategy on T6 P2 to get the rancor to do less damage, and it worked really well prior to tonight. I got the DoT exactly ONCE tonight in the raid, and it was from 88's own basic power, no allies got a DoT even though almost every single one of them critted, resulting in less than half damage done because my squad died so much quicker.

I really do wish they would make things more clear so that we don't waste our very precious resources on things that don't work the way we expect them to based upon their own descriptions of the powers.
  • tRRRey
    2782 posts Member
    Options
    Doggirl211 wrote: »
    Fixed a bug that caused the Damage Over Time effects inflicted by IG-88's Leader Ability to be Unresistable.

I don't understand this. His leader ability says that on a crit, allies WILL give a DoT.....what is there to be resistable?

I'm not trolling or being disrespectful, I simply don't understand the rework considering the wording of the power.

I wouldn't have wasted all the ability mats, and credits to level his leader skill up, PLUS the omega, had I known it was resistable. It was a big part of my strategy on T6 P2 to get the rancor to do less damage, and it worked really well prior to tonight. I got the DoT exactly ONCE tonight in the raid, and it was from 88's own basic power, no allies got a DoT even though almost every single one of them critted, resulting in less than half damage done because my squad died so much quicker.

I really do wish they would make things more clear so that we don't waste our very precious resources on things that don't work the way we expect them to based upon their own descriptions of the powers.

Because it has to go through a potency check first
    https://swgoh.gg/u/trey 66/
    Make Zader Great Again!
  • Options
    tRRRey wrote: »

I appreciate the reply. Each ally has to go through the check, or 88 does the check? Should I just put potency mods on everyone, or focus on 88? See where I'm having the confusion? They should just reword the power, seems like that would've been included in the rework, but it wasn't. Or maybe they could just tell us how things are supposed to work in the first place.

It's shoddy work, as always. Leaving us to find the problems, like the rework of Wedges leader ability....they just redid him and he doesn't work either. It's kinda sad honestly.
  • tRRRey
    2782 posts Member
    Options

I appreciate the reply. Each ally has to go through the check, or 88 does the check? Should I just put potency mods on everyone, or focus on 88? See where I'm having the confusion? They should just reword the power, seems like that would've been included in the rework, but it wasn't. Or maybe they could just tell us how things are supposed to work in the first place.

It's shoddy work, as always. Leaving us to find the problems, like the rework of Wedges leader ability....they just redid him and he doesn't work either. It's kinda sad honestly.

honestly idk, you'd have to ask someone that uses 88 lead with it at omega, someone like @GuNDaL ?
    https://swgoh.gg/u/trey 66/
    Make Zader Great Again!
  • GuNDaL
    100 posts Member
    Options

HMMM... From what I understand this change has NOT gone live yet..

In current game update notes for 7/27

Fixed a bug that caused the Damage Over Time effects inflicted by IG-88's Leader Ability to be Unresistable. This bug did not go out with the update today and will instead go out with the next update.

BUT
    when it does go live, you can be almost 100% certain that it will be the potency of the attacking toon.
    Gs attacks gs needs potency to apply that dot
    leia attacking? leia needs potency for that dot (yay a use for all of leias potency lol..)
  • Options
    Speed kills. Then it up to potency
  • Options
    Berimbolo wrote: »
    Go Biggs or go home

Going home now ;-)

• pac0naut
    3236 posts Member
    Options
    Farming Biggs now. Hoping Wedge shows up in September.

Wedge actually has a decent AOE if I remember correctly.
    Meanwhile, down on the farm....
  • Options
    pac0naut wrote: »

Yeah it's pretty decent. Pair him with Lando and you have some serious AOE damage, could even throw JKA in there for fun.
  • Options
    pac0naut wrote: »

Yeah it's pretty decent. Pair him with Lando and you have some serious AOE damage, could even throw JKA in there for fun.

thats what i was thinking, wedge, han solo, lando, leia, jka. maybe ackbar instead of leia to give lando two in a row aoes.
This discussion has been closed.