The Galactic Clone Players discussion

Replies

• Aero
    2972 posts Member
    Options
    So I went through "Ultimate Star Wars" which is basically an encyclopedia of everything canon in Star Wars (1-6, CW, Rebels, comics/books, but no 7 since it was released before that). It has all the characters in the game besides HK-47 obviously. Even obscure characters like Zambia Wessell.

So which other clone troopers were worthy of their own entry that aren't in the game yet?

Commander Fox
    He's the one with red armor that accuses Ahsoka of murder and later kills Fives.

Commander Wolffe
    He is the head of Plo Koon's squad and also one of the clones that removed their inhibitor chip to avoid order 66.

Clone Trooper Waxer
    He's just a grunt that got featured in some episodes such as the Ryloth arc and Umbara arc.

Gregor
    He's a Commando clone similar to the Republic Commando video game that suffers amnesia and becomes a dishwasher at a diner,though later remembers who he is.

Clone 99
    He is the clone that never passes the exams on Kamino and becomes a janitor as he ages to an old man while new clones are trained.
  • Options
    DarthNoise wrote: »
    So Rex never shows up in chromiums anymore? just shop for crystals?

He does but he's one of the rarer drops from Chromiums. If you really want him then spend the crystals on Rex shipments and refreshing those shipments.
    Aero wrote: »
    So I went through "Ultimate Star Wars" which is basically an encyclopedia of everything canon in Star Wars (1-6, CW, Rebels, comics/books, but no 7 since it was released before that). It has all the characters in the game besides HK-47 obviously. Even obscure characters like Zambia Wessell.

So which other clone troopers were worthy of their own entry that aren't in the game yet?

Commander Fox
    He's the one with red armor that accuses Ahsoka of murder and later kills Fives.

Commander Wolffe
    He is the head of Plo Koon's squad and also one of the clones that removed their inhibitor chip to avoid order 66.

Clone Trooper Waxer
    He's just a grunt that got featured in some episodes such as the Ryloth arc and Umbara arc.

Gregor
    He's a Commando clone similar to the Republic Commando video game that suffers amnesia and becomes a dishwasher at a diner,though later remembers who he is.

Clone 99
    He is the clone that never passes the exams on Kamino and becomes a janitor as he ages to an old man while new clones are trained.

I would like to see a Clone in the red armor, that would be cool. Even if it's generic like "Coruscant Centurion" or something like that.
  • Options
    Iv been thinking forever that they need to release commander Wollfe as next clone and give him synergies specific to Plo and give Plo a little rework to have syngery with Wolffe. Make him FTP so that FTP can run a solid Clone team. This would also make Plo viable because I think we can all agree he is a disappointment and just dosnt make the cut. Which sucks because I love him as A character
  • Darth_Jay77
    3163 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    Iv been thinking forever that they need to release commander Wollfe as next clone and give him synergies specific to Plo and give Plo a little rework to have syngery with Wolffe. Make him FTP so that FTP can run a solid Clone team. This would also make Plo viable because I think we can all agree he is a disappointment and just dosnt make the cut. Which sucks because I love him as A character

That would be cool. I do think the dev team needs to spend some time on the Clone synergy as a whole before more Clones are released. They lack so much survivability that you just can't afford to run them in arena unless you don't mind playing in the top-30's+. Yes, they do need to add some good FTP Clones to make it fair for other players. I'd love to see PK's synergy improve and it would be awesome to add General Kenobi at some point too.
  • Durrun
    1019 posts Member
    Options
    They'd never do it but you know the Biggs/wedge synergy? Jedi and clone synergy. Anakin paired with Rex. General Kenobi with Cody etc have special bonuses when attaching together
  • Options
    Durrun wrote: »
    General Kenobi with Cody etc have special bonuses when attaching together

Is there a 20% chance that Cody will hit Kenobi too?
  • Options
    Cody has insta death to giant lizards.
  • Options
    I will use Cody in GW and for some reason there's a lot of GW teams with Sidious. I think it's hilarious when I use the AT-TE Cannon on Sidious, irony?
  • Daezl
    177 posts Member
    Options
    I'm thinking about experimenting with a heavy TM control clone team ... speed mod the turn order to be Poe, DPS*, CSP1, ST Han, Rex. For the fifth slot I'd probably plug in Anakin, Cody, Echo, or Rey but I don't have either of those two clones. I know Echo isn't really DPS but that dispel would probably come in handy. This whole team would probably go twice before the opponents got a single move, and with some potency on Poe you'd probably get some big numbers from CSP1's AOE.

My Poe and CSP1 aren't up to snuff yet though, so if anyone else has them geared, omega'd, and ready to go I'd love to hear what you think!
  • Options
    Daezl wrote: »
    I'm thinking about experimenting with a heavy TM control clone team ... speed mod the turn order to be Poe, DPS*, CSP1, ST Han, Rex. For the fifth slot I'd probably plug in Anakin, Cody, Echo, or Rey but I don't have either of those two clones. I know Echo isn't really DPS but that dispel would probably come in handy. This whole team would probably go twice before the opponents got a single move, and with some potency on Poe you'd probably get some big numbers from CSP1's AOE.

My Poe and CSP1 aren't up to snuff yet though, so if anyone else has them geared, omega'd, and ready to go I'd love to hear what you think!

I thought of something along those lines. You need a debuff for sure, at least bring QGJ I would say. For Poe you need Potency mods to get that TM reduction.
  • Options
    Rex destroys Emporer Palp leads. Im on an old shard and everyone went Emp lead for the most part. Since then I have gone from hovering around 21-18 in arena to Top 5. Rex tenacity and Clense are deff the answer to Emp Vader combos. I think they see Some Clones with Rex and are like screw that. Now defense can be a gamble because Rex AI sucks but ever since Emp release my clone team has done much better in arena. Anyone else seeing the same thing?
  • Options
    A couple friends with EP said my team was difficult but they still won.
  • Options
    I just looked up the list of named clones on starwars.com and found over 20 of them! Hope we get them all. It isn't called the Grand Army of the Republic for nothing! I found a healer (Kix), a taunted (Thorn), and a heavy attacker Rey-style (Hardcase or Bacara).
  • Aero
    2972 posts Member
    Options
    I can't speak for the current meta, but before mods I ran

Rex (L)
    Fives
    Sarge
    Plo Koon
    Royal Guard

And I got 1st in a regular basis. Plo Koon didn't feel like he was holding the team back either.
  • Durrun
    1019 posts Member
    Options
    I ran similar back like a month ago. Hell I only dropped plo and RG and turned them into one character(sun Fac) which allows me to run ani
  • Options
    So for lead: Rex, JKA, OR Cody ? Also if you go with clone lead do you keep Anakin?
  • Options
    DarthNoise wrote: »
    So for lead: Rex, JKA, OR Cody ? Also if you go with clone lead do you keep Anakin?

If you use Cody he needs ro be the lead or he has no chance to survive, plus the crit chance will help his 212th to refresh much sooner. JKA or Aayla get benefit from Codys lead too, so you can try it.
  • aerendhil
    503 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    What is the current best setup for clones ?

1/ with Ani lead ? (not really clone team though)
    Ani (L) - 5s - QGJ - RG - 5th ?

2/ with Rex lead ?
    Rex - 5s - CS - 1 dispeller (either Echo or Plo koon) - 5th ?

and what mods ?
    I choose the Red Pill.
  • Durrun
    1019 posts Member
    Options
    With Ani lead you can run the Aayla comp and it's decent. Holding top 10 with
    Ani, Rex, 5555, Sarge, Sun Fac

Problem is echo ain't much of a dispeller. He's alright on offense but terrible on D. Plo isn't a bad option if there's lots of Obihan Quiani (ha see what I did there XD) since his basic won't be blocked. Ani gives offense up so qui gon is redundant.

Mods
    You want as much speed as possible on Rex first and Formost. Mod type can be a bunch of things I personally stacked crit chance all my sets. Hp is a good bet, defense is crap. Crit damage on sarge where possible (triangle) and crit avoid works wonders on 5s. He can take out the last 2 or 3 by himself if modded well
  • MukkaMatt
    90 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    Click Here - This is my collection of toons

Currently running REX (L), Royal Guard, Fives, Echo and Clone Sgt in the Arena.

I am unsure if I should switch out Royal Guard for Anakin or hold off until I have Cody at 7* (currently 61/100) pulling around 4 shards every other day from shipments so expect to get him 7 starred and fully geared in the next three weeks.

What would you all do?
    Post edited by MukkaMatt on
  • Durrun
    1019 posts Member
    Options
    Don't bother with Ani if Cody is that close. You might drop on defense with Cody but it's viable enough just dispel is gonna kill you. Mod Cody for protection and defense when you can get it. Might consider the crit avoid mod as well. Keeping him alive is still a challenge
  • Options
    MukkaMatt wrote: »
    Click Here - This is my collection of toons

Currently running REX (L), Royal Guard, Fives, Echo and Clone Sgt in the Arena.

I am unsure if I should switch out Royal Guard for Anakin or hold off until I have Cody at 7* (currently 61/100) pulling around 4 shards every other day from shipments so expect to get him 7 starred and fully geared in the next three weeks.

What would you all do?

You need a taunt, so RG should stay. You could potentially make Cody lead and replace 5s with Rex. Unfortunately I cant say that Ive found a build you can attack with and decently defend, meaning stay at top 15 or better.
  • Options
    Thanks yall!
  • Aero
    2972 posts Member
    Options
    Has anyone been able to definitively prove that Clone Sargeant doesn't deal 75% more damage when called to assist by Fives? I know it's been discussed and I certainly get that impression but don't have any proof at the moment.
  • Options
    I use them in raids a lot and Ive noticed that when 5s calls Sarge, Sarge hits the same as if I were using his normal basic.
  • Durrun
    1019 posts Member
    Options
    It's more but it's not how much more you'd expect. It's based off 75% increase to BASE attack which compounds oddly with the crits
  • Options
    Ya @Durrun has a elaborate break down of how the assists works with 5's is super interesting.

I run Anai L, Rex,Aayla RG Sarge/QGJ depending on situation and I have been landing top 10 recently with this combo. Sometimes I switch to Rex lead and throw in 5's in place of Aayla also all depends on whom I'm attacking and what mood I'm in lol but team lister is Manily what I use. I have everyone modded with health focused on speed as secondary right now because I haven't had time or resources to try another rout yet. But ever since Palp came out I have been doing much better in arena.

Rly hope they have plans for A General Kanobi with some Sweet synergy with clones that could work under amazing under Anakin Lead. Or have some kind of crazy dule synergy with a certain clone. I would love so see Ashoka get some clone synergy love as well. I tried to run a 501st Team with Ankin L, Ashoka, Rex, 5's Sarge. And although very fun and could reck on Offense got **** on Defense. Even thew in RG in place of sarge or 5's to try and make it more viable but to
    No use. Give Ashoka some Clone synergy and I see this team being amazing.

I'm a huge fan of Ashoka and was rly trying to make her work under anakins lead with clones. She has the damage out put and seems to always get called on 5's assist which kind of fixes her speed. But she just dosnt make the cut. @Durrun tried to warn me but I had to find out for myself lol
  • Durrun
    1019 posts Member
    Options
    Always gotta test the strategy @TrevorTheWookie I might not have done it the same way you would have but now you know for certain XD. What you running nowadays anyway?
  • Durrun
    1019 posts Member
    Options
    And here is my personal observations of 5555s assist with Sarge. I posted this a bit ago here but I'll repost since its come up. Do note that I have not extensively tested this but the discussion was brought up with qui gon before and I've seen this to be accurate please let me know your results
    Basically

It is it's just calculated differently than you think. If he does 1000 damage. It will add the 75% to that number then if he so you do 1750 damage. Then it will add offense up (50%) to the ORIGIONAL value and increase the damage by the difference. EX
    1000 base
    1750 Assist
    1500 from offense up
    1750-1500 = 250
    1750 (first instance + new number, 250 = 2000 damage value on the attack. Then THAT number is compounded by the crit damage value if you score one(base 150%)
    So that attack turns out to be 2000 (from both effects modifying the original attack value) 2000 in this example
    2000 X 150% = 5000 damage on the attack.

We'd like it to compound multiplicitivly but watch why it dosent
    1000+75% 1750 X new modifier of (50%) = 875 more damage
    New value of 2625 damage compounded with 150% crit damage
    3937.5 damage
    If the damage were calculated like this it'd quickly get out of hand with a higher multiplier of crit damage

In a last fun example
    Boba fett leader (50% crit damage)
    Crit damage set (40% crit damage)
    Crit multiplier on triangle mod (36% damage)

Same scenario realistic numbers
    You hit for 8000 basic off 5555 assist with offense up with boba lead and those mods( 276% crit damage)

Assist 14000 damage
    Offense (50%) added to previous #21000
    Crit damage (276%) = 78960 damage
    See why this dosent happen lol

Instead each modified the base (same scenario)

Assist (+75%) 14000 still the same
    Offense modifies BASE (8000+50%) 12000
    Subtract difference to find total additive to attack (14000-12000= 2000)
    New attack
    Compounded with 276% crit = 37600 damage

Still a good increase in damage but it dosent compound multiplicitivly like you'd think to keep some semblance of sanity in the game

• Options
    Durrun wrote: »
    Always gotta test the strategy @TrevorTheWookie I might not have done it the same way you would have but now you know for certain XD. What you running nowadays anyway?

Im Manily Running Anakin L, Rex Aayla, RG Sarge switch sarge for QGJ if I'm taking on 2 taunts. Been landing aroun #5 most of the time with this team. can always get in top 10 payout if I have the time to play right before payout. Problem is some times I can drop below 30 overnight.