The Galactic Clone Players discussion

Replies

• Options
    So i should have my anakin at gear 10 today-ish. I'm still currently running the five clones. What makes the most sense to change. Should Rex stay lead and drop one of the others? Or should Rex scoot over for anakin lead?
  • Ryzak620
    215 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    Mewingloki wrote: »
    So i should have my anakin at gear 10 today-ish. I'm still currently running the five clones. What makes the most sense to change. Should Rex stay lead and drop one of the others? Or should Rex scoot over for anakin lead?

It depends on what you face most in Arena. If you're facing a lot of high AoE damage or fast single shot dps (i.e. Rey), then I would leave Rex as lead.

If you're facing a lot of grind out toons (Obi-Wan, 5's, GS, RG, etc.), then I'd do Anakin lead.

What I like doing (except when I'm facing a Lando, Biggs, Wedge squad) is make Cody lead, then put in Anakin, 5's, Echoes, and Rex. Have Ani do his AoE to get Offense Up, and then have Cody do his "212th Attack". I can't tell you how many times my cool down went to zero after doing that. You can also sub out 5's for sarge if you want a bit more firepower. I always keep Rex and Echoes around though.

Post edited by Ryzak620 on
  • Mewingloki
    515 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    Ryzak620 wrote: »
    Mewingloki wrote: »

It depends on what you face most in Arena. If you're facing a lot of high AoE damage or fast single shot dps (i.e. Rey), then I would leave Rex as lead.

If you're facing a lot of grind out toons (Obi-Wan, 5's, GS, RG, etc.), then I'd do Anakin lead.

What I like doing (except when I'm facing a Lando, Biggs, Wedge squad) is make Cody lead, then put in Anakin, 5's, Echoes, and Rex. Have Ani do his AoE to get Offense Up, and then have Cody do his "212th Attack". I can't tell you how many times my cool down went to zero after doing that. You can also sub out 5's for sarge if you want a bit more firepower. I always keep Rex and Echoes around though.

I haven't encountered much of the Lando, Biggs, and/or Wedge mess yet thankfully. I've got a lot of RG/QGJ/Rey/STH/X/Phasma/JKA in front of me everyday though. 80% of the teams are some configuration of those characters with the occasional droid and palpatine team.

Top 10 is kind of varied however I've started losing on offense when I try and break 15 so that's sort of irrelevant haha. The teams I struggle the most with are the ones where every character has more health than a clone and does more damage - and has a tank(s) (JKA, Ayla, even FOTFP has more health/prot/damage, QGJ). If I can find a droid team to pick on I can sneak further up lol.

I'm really torn on who Anakin replaces....
    Rex - i agree is a given

Cody- Without Cody's assist I'm honestly not sure how to kill most characters lol. My strategy for Rey behind a RG has been to get Rey to 75% then use 212th. I usually then use Echo's dispel and go after the next dps...often QGJ using the same method. Also Cody's stun has been my go-to way of dealing with STH (just keeping him out of the fight for most of the battle)

Sarge - I'm scared to pull him lol. His damage...that turn meter....

Fives - enemy Ai ignores him the whole fight every fight which always makes me feel like its a bit of a waste sometimes. Guess he might be the anakin swap. But just last night there was one of those matches where the enemy had a wounded RG, a QGJ, and a phasma up against my lone fives. I had given up...but he did not lol. He squeaked out the win from behind yet again >.< .

Echo - At the moment he is the team's only dispel. If this was a chat about sun fac or plo koon Echo would be the one sitting on the bench. That said, he is often the reason I finish characters. I seem to always do just not enough damage to finish most characters but then breathe a sigh of relief when Echo chimes in and removes that last bit of red HP.

I'm currently working on Sun Fac...which will make these choices a bit easier I guess. Swapping out 2 clones is an easy choice whereas only one, well, I feel like i'm throwing a wrench in a well-oiled machine. They all bring something to the "clone" team. With Sun Fac, Echo can go, and with Anakin bumping the clone count down to 3, Cody obviously goes too. In the meantime.....gah, lol. Need raid droid callers to be put back in the shipment store >.>

I saw @Josh_K share a link in the cody thread - thought it might be helpful to spot if I'm doing anything else suboptimal ;)

https://swgoh.gg/u/mewingloki/
  • Darth_Jay77
    3163 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    The Clones are tough to use for Arena because they don't defend well. If you don't face any of the Wedge / Lando teams then you may want try Cody lead over Rex. Cody gives everybody crit chance and Cody might actually survive 2 turns before he's killed. JKA can still give offense up and be called on 212th attack with the other Clones. You squad might look like, Cody lead, Rex, Echo, Sarge, JKA. Sarge's AOE will be critical for slowing down the other squad so you might survive a turn or two since you don't have a tank. I wouldn't expect this to defend very well at all though.

Edit: The other advantage to Cody lead is that with everybody else getting Crit chance, you can get the 212th attack reset for Cody's next turn pretty easily. Back-to-back 212th's is pretty sweet.
  • Options
    The Clones are tough to use for Arena because they don't defend well. If you don't face any of the Wedge / Lando teams then you may want try Cody lead over Rex. Cody gives everybody crit chance and Cody might actually survive 2 turns before he's killed. JKA can still give offense up and be called on 212th attack with the other Clones. You squad might look like, Cody lead, Rex, Echo, Sarge, JKA. Sarge's AOE will be critical for slowing down the other squad so you might survive a turn or two since you don't have a tank. I wouldn't expect this to defend very well at all though.

Edit: The other advantage to Cody lead is that with everybody else getting Crit chance, you can get the 212th attack reset for Cody's next turn pretty easily. Back-to-back 212th's is pretty sweet.

Might make offense less painful at least. I'll have to give it a try once he is ready. I can at least try to setup Anakin > Rex speed order to get that squad discipline trick going too on defense. As far as defense goes, that's absolutely right. I wake up to mid 30's everyday. Sunday was my favorite being kicked all the way back to 44 from 15 lol.
  • Ryzak620
    215 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    You are right Darth. Which is why when I do face a Wedge/Biggs/Lando squad, the clone crew gets thrown out the window for a hybrid team of Rex (L), Aayla, SF core. Then the last two spots I play around with different combos of Anakin, 5's, Phasma, and Kit.

When I do use the clone squad, I got Rex's speed up to over 200, so he usually goes first, so I do the tenacity up and TM up buff, so the rest of my squad usually goes before the opponent even starts.

My general rotation with a full clone crew (Cody lead w/ Anakin) is:
    1) Rex leads with tenacity up buff
    2) Anakin does AoE
    3) Sarge does AoE to remove TM on all opponents
    4) Echoes does single shot on main DPS toon (FOTP, Rey, whatever)
    5) Cody does 212th on main DPS toon
    6) If opponent is using RG (because his taunt will definitely be up by this time), Rex will do subdue, if not, I look for AoE opponent and use basic shot
    7) Cody does his stun AoE or 212th if it refreshes!!
    8) Sarge may or may not get a shot on next DPS, tank, whatever

I can usually get all of that in before opponent gets off 1 shot.

Now where the clone crew really shines is on p2/3 of the rancor. Soon as that gate drops, every hit will be a crit, so that means Cody's 212th attack will refresh every single time. I usually get about 7 or 8 of them before Rancor ever gets up. By the time they get wiped out, I'm closing on 1 mill damage.
  • Mewingloki
    515 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    Completely agree with the pve sentiments. My clones are cleaning house for the raids, galactic, etc. I certainly don't regret having them when it comes to PVE lol.

Was pumped the military might event was rebels AND clones :D
  • Options
    Ryzak620 wrote: »
    You are right Darth. Which is why when I do face a Wedge/Biggs/Lando squad, the clone crew gets thrown out the window for a hybrid team of Rex (L), Aayla, SF core. Then the last two spots I play around with different combos of Anakin, 5's, Phasma, and Kit.

When I do use the clone squad, I got Rex's speed up to over 200, so he usually goes first, so I do the tenacity up and TM up buff, so the rest of my squad usually goes before the opponent even starts.

My general rotation with a full clone crew (Cody lead w/ Anakin) is:
    1) Rex leads with tenacity up buff
    2) Anakin does AoE
    3) Sarge does AoE to remove TM on all opponents
    4) Echoes does single shot on main DPS toon (FOTP, Rey, whatever)
    5) Cody does 212th on main DPS toon
    6) If opponent is using RG (because his taunt will definitely be up by this time), Rex will do subdue, if not, I look for AoE opponent and use basic shot
    7) Cody does his stun AoE or 212th if it refreshes!!
    8) Sarge may or may not get a shot on next DPS, tank, whatever

I can usually get all of that in before opponent gets off 1 shot.

Now where the clone crew really shines is on p2/3 of the rancor. Soon as that gate drops, every hit will be a crit, so that means Cody's 212th attack will refresh every single time. I usually get about 7 or 8 of them before Rancor ever gets up. By the time they get wiped out, I'm closing on 1 mill damage.

I was honestly thinking about trying Cody, Rex, Echo, Sarge, EP. I run that squad in GW and it's pretty strong with EP in there keeping things stunned, plus when Cody uses 212th EP puts his Shock on that target which is good because most of the time unless you're attacking a weak Rey or FOTP they're not going to die.

Yeah, it's pretty good on Rancor. I've actually adjusted my Raid squad to, Cody lead, Sarge, 5's, Rex, QGJ. I gave Sarge some Potency so his AOE sticks on the captain and cutting all that TM with his ability is huge. I clear P1 pretty regularly and can get the Rancor down to about 80% health in P2, tend to finish with 2.3M to 2.5M damage.
  • Options
    Durrun wrote: »
    Hi guys welcome to the party! :)
    Currently running
    Ani L
    Rex
    Sarge
    And echo

Been holding top 15 at night and 1-4 at payout

I have RG instead of Rex works pretty well , plus I am only 6* Ani and 6* SGT, so its even better. You probably won't find 2 6* in the top 50.. I get to ~40 every day.
  • Options
    Hammer wrote: »
    I'm so angry with EA about this Echo "bug." First off, how can it be a bug if you didn't realize it the first time you used 212th? It happens every time you use that ability. It just sounds like they don't give a **** at all about balance and prioritize their "fixes" based on nothing but whims.

Uh, is this your first time to Earth? This is pretty much what EVERYONE does!
  • Jedi_Yoda
    928 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    Has anybody found a team that can be strong on offense and defense?

Yeah Ani (L), RG, 5555's, Echo, SGT. I have good protection on all, but SGT gets speed.. just like drunk driving speed kills!

So despite what other people have noted on here speed is better than offense for SGT since he will gain at least another 10% crit, I have mine sitting at 36% pre-crit.

SGT stats: (G10 but ONLY 6*)
    [+62.07%Protection,
    +36%Critical Damage
    +17.73%Defense
    +49Speed
    +1184Protection
    +6.24%Offense
    +5.54%Potency
    +4.77%Tenacity
    +17Defense]

Echo Stats: (G10, 7*)
    [+36%Critical Damage
    +26.27%Protection
    +24%Critical Avoidance
    +23.5%Defense
    +3466Protection
    +21Speed
    +6.56%Tenacity
    +6.49%Offense
    +6.02%Critical Chance
    +3.55%Potency
    +1.92%Health
    +27Defense
    +25Offense]

So SGT, I get 46% crit with 36% Crit Damage, when I add that speed he goes second pretty much, and then he gets TM, so I can wipe someone with 14K crits then come back and finish someone else off, this is AFTER Echo gets his AOE, so I have the timing down pretty well where 5555's with speed buffs does speed down, then other team goes, I get SGT to severely damage someone like Rey to where RG auto-taunts, Echo removes taunt AND delivers massive blow to entire enemy team.. then SGT just polishes off 1, then another.

So in 2 turns I can realistically be at 5 vs 3, its happened MANY times.. and its really exciting when it happens. Even droids they go before me, but they can't finish me, then its my turn and SGT gets 2 shots on IG-88 he's dead, IG-86 is next, Ani completes whatever is left and doesn't matter if I lose 1 or 2 at this point they are good as dead.

Best part is I have just enough health pool that SGT is around 40% health, then he heals to just about 50% so if he can survive another attack (which is frequently easy) it triggers RG taunt AGAIN and they never really get to attack me, so as long as RG can survive ( have him piled high with protection and defense, and crit avoidance) If RNG lines up, I can toast pretty much any team I face at my current Sqad power.
  • Poxx
    2288 posts Member
    Options
    My clones defend amazingly well

Rex(L) 218 speed, just below Ani so he cleanses expose on defense
    Echo 202 speed for aoe buff removal and tm boosts on basic and assists
    CS 188 speed w/ potency and 68% crit b4 bonus for aoe tm removal and damage
    Ani 220 speed just below Emp so I can stun an opposing Rex b4 Ani feeds him tm
    EP 222 speed for opening aoe stun

This team has yet to drop below 5th on a Nov. shard and can take 1st daily...and does.
  • Options
    I like your set up Poxx!
  • Options
    Poxx wrote: »

This team has yet to drop below 5th on a Nov. shard and can take 1st daily...and does.

Lol omg those speed numbers.....this is what I get for not wanting to spend raid gear/resources on resistance characters xD Those numbers are higher than even the people in my shard's top 10, no doubt it does well! Maybe one day lol...
  • Options
    Man this REX grind!! 62/100
  • Options

Nice. Where is all the speed coming from, what kind of mods? Speed mods or just good secondaries on other mod-types? @Poxx
  • Josh_K
    1150 posts Member
    Options
    Been able to run these guys quite successfully in raids. Did a p1 clear down to 60% of p2 today.

RWJo79X.jpg

On arena defense they are pretty bad though. If rex used his SD first that might be a different story. Cody lead needs first move advantage to really get the upper hand.
  • Darth_Jay77
    3163 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    Josh_K wrote: »
    Been able to run these guys quite successfully in raids. Did a p1 clear down to 60% of p2 today.

RWJo79X.jpg

On arena defense they are pretty bad though. If rex used his SD first that might be a different story. Cody lead needs first move advantage to really get the upper hand.

Interesting, aside from Rex and Sarge's AOE, how do they get through P1 without Enraging the pigs? Is it by having 5 Clones that Cody's 212th Attack is available every turn so Rex is essentially going twice a turn and reducing TM? How much Potency do you have on Sarge and Rex? I run QGJ in-place of Echo for the TM control, so I'm curious how you manage through with all 5 Clones.
    @Josh_K
  • Josh_K
    1150 posts Member
    Options
    I clear the phase with 2 turns to enrage usually. I only use sarges AOE when the capt tm is greater than 50%. Sarge has almost 100% cc under cody so his basic will usually jump him in front of capt when capt is under 50%.

Potency wise not much. You can see my mods here https://swgoh.gg/u/josh 66/ I swap in potency crosses on rex and CSP1 but thats it.
  • Durrun
    1019 posts Member
    Options
    I would love to mess around with them in P1 but I'm not allowed to do p1 in my guild. We have so many ppl that can solo it that if they did rancor dies without all guild getting hits.
  • Options
    Josh_K wrote: »
    I clear the phase with 2 turns to enrage usually. I only use sarges AOE when the capt tm is greater than 50%. Sarge has almost 100% cc under cody so his basic will usually jump him in front of capt when capt is under 50%.

Potency wise not much. You can see my mods here https://swgoh.gg/u/josh 66/ I swap in potency crosses on rex and CSP1 but thats it.

So basically the squad is so fast that they just overcome the captain's TM? I'll have to checkout your mods later, work's firewall doesn't like SWGOH.GG for some reason. lol
  • Options
    I just got my Cody to 7stars with only the final three bits of gear left to get. I am going to give P1 a go next time we run a raid.
  • Poxx
    2288 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    Options

Nice. Where is all the speed coming from, what kind of mods? Speed mods or just good secondaries on other mod-types? @Poxx

I use speed mods that boost CS by 10 and Rex and Ani by 14 and EP and Echo in the middle. Also, the 1st 2 days mods were released, the drop rates were awesome. I knew the rate was gonna b nerfed so I did refreshes thru 800 2 days in a row and got a lot of 5* blue, purple and gold mods with speed secondaries that went as high as 18.

I missed out on the 24-hour pre-craft long ago, wasn't gonna make the same mistake 2x
  • Options
    Okay, so I went against my better judgment and attacked Palpy(L), RG, STH, Rey, and QGJ twice......lost both times. I went in with Cody(L) and the other 4 clones. My Rex is faster than Palpy but even with Echo's single dispel I got locked into attacking the tanks and they wiped the floor with me. Who should be dying first?

I went after Palpy but failed to spike him all the way down (leaving him in the red) he healed to full with his ability and i used dispel on RG to try again. Stun wore off of STH, who taunted...then RG again....long story short, no enemies were killed that day xD I can't seem to work around 2 tanks...especially when one taunts several times a match. What is your guy's strat?
  • Options
    It was really nice having Cody and Rex shards in shipments over the past week then it kind of dried up today.

Since I've been playing not quite a month I wanted to ask you guys if they usually tend to make their way back into shipments or if that was more of a one off.
  • Options
    It was really nice having Cody and Rex shards in shipments over the past week then it kind of dried up today.

Since I've been playing not quite a month I wanted to ask you guys if they usually tend to make their way back into shipments or if that was more of a one off.

Don't worry, they come back around! I've been slowly grabbing sun fac and he was MIA the last couple of days. Got to snag some again this afternoon xD
  • Options
    Cool. Then the real challenge will be saving up and not spending crystals on other stuff so I can afford to refresh the store a time or two when they come back.
  • Options
    @Poxx can u post a pic of one of your modded clones There speed is ridiculous. I have a guy on my server that runs clones and has them all speed modded and I rarely see him below #3. Massive amounts of speed seems to be what makes clones a viable top 5 arena team. I don't know if you remember @Darth_Jay77 but Earlier on in thread I mentioned a guy that was all speed modded and u said you wish u could play around with that idea.

I'm off to build resistance team so I can farm speed mods
  • Options
    Cool. Then the real challenge will be saving up and not spending crystals on other stuff so I can afford to refresh the store a time or two when they come back.

Yes! Thats how I had to finish my Rex, rough Chromium drops.
  • Options
    @Poxx can u post a pic of one of your modded clones There speed is ridiculous. I have a guy on my server that runs clones and has them all speed modded and I rarely see him below #3. Massive amounts of speed seems to be what makes clones a viable top 5 arena team. I don't know if you remember @Darth_Jay77 but Earlier on in thread I mentioned a guy that was all speed modded and u said you wish u could play around with that idea.

I'm off to build resistance team so I can farm speed mods

Yeah, I have another squad Im working on but I may come back to that idea. Im not sure if I have the mods to get them all up around 200 speed.