The Galactic Clone Players discussion

Replies

• Options
    For me, having Rex as lead is what makes or break it. My fights usually start with enemy engineer using recal, then enemy 88 aoe-ing my team. That fills up my turn meters due to Rex's lead ability and gets my guys out in front of 86, HK, tank of choice.
  • Options
    Nice. I'll try it today. I ran Rex lead forever and then got Cody to the point he didn't need the health boost so switched I it up.
  • KeKattia
    1118 posts Member
    Options
    I saw a comment on here about clones being good against drone teams in arena. They're the only teams I can't beat on my server running Anakin lead, CS, Rex, Cody and Luminara.

What's the strategy there that I'm missing?

Do you have any viable option besides Lumi? Healers don't help against droids and not very much generally against droids.

I usually can finish them off easily with Ani lead, but if that doesn't work switch to Rex lead and watch your entire team get TM pretty much every time a droid attacks, that's how you eventually become faster than the droids using a clone team ;)
  • Options
    Nice. I'll try it today. I ran Rex lead forever and then got Cody to the point he didn't need the health boost so switched I it up.

Where do you rank in Arena? I have not found a situation where Cody can have "enough" health. The AI seems to focus him all the time which I'm assuming is because of his health pool. Rex is a great leader for the Clones but Cody is very difficult to play outside of the lead role because he cannot survive. That's why many of us were asking EA to consider making his defense gain a passive ability versus is leader so JKA or Rex could be used instead. You may want to try it both ways and see how it goes.
  • KeKattia
    1118 posts Member
    Options
    @Darth_Jay77 I ran a team with Cody outside lead last night and was #3 when I went to sleep, woke up at 13, that's quite a small drop for me running more than 2 clones, so it does work in some setups I guess, also pretty much didn't drop throughout the day either.

Ani L, Cody, Rex, Fives, Echo was the team, I switched it up now cause I wanted to get Sarge back in arena, but that team did quite okay for Cody not being in lead.
  • Options
    KeKattia wrote: »
    @Darth_Jay77 I ran a team with Cody outside lead last night and was #3 when I went to sleep, woke up at 13, that's quite a small drop for me running more than 2 clones, so it does work in some setups I guess, also pretty much didn't drop throughout the day either.

Ani L, Cody, Rex, Fives, Echo was the team, I switched it up now cause I wanted to get Sarge back in arena, but that team did quite okay for Cody not being in lead.

That's really good to hear actually, congrats on that. How are your Clones modded? Speed per Clone? I'm curious because somebody else mentioned really pushing speed on their Clones too.
  • KeKattia
    1118 posts Member
    Options
    Actually I'm struggling hard on finding speed secondaries and primaries so they're not really fast.

Rex 192, Fives 141, CS 140, Echo 132 and Cody 126

Rex and CS are the only ones who have a primary on them. Cody is equipped with protection and defense primaries, CS has some crit chance mods with offense and protection as well as crit damage, Fives has defense and health mods with prot or defense primary, Echo has potency and accuracy and Rex is also mainly geared for survival but with that speed primary
  • Options
    Now that B2 is farmable would he be worth the farm to run with Clones. I feel like he is a solid 5th especially with current meta. Has anyone already tried this. If it's not worth it I will probly farm wedge for my rebel team.
  • Options
    Now that B2 is farmable would he be worth the farm to run with Clones. I feel like he is a solid 5th especially with current meta. Has anyone already tried this. If it's not worth it I will probly farm wedge for my rebel team.

@Durrun and I were chatting about it earlier actually. B2 has a lot of utility, the anti-buff debuff is huge not to mention his Reckless Assault. With Rex lead crits give the squad TM and can give B2 a turn, sounds fun. If only Cody were playable as a non-lead.
  • Options
    I know right Rex L Sarge, 5, Cody B2. But instead I would probly have to swap cody for Anakin until he get fixed more.. I'm super torn on who to farm though. Wedge is the missing piece to my Danger Zone team
  • Options
    I know right Rex L Sarge, 5, Cody B2. But instead I would probly have to swap cody for Anakin until he get fixed more.. I'm super torn on who to farm though. Wedge is the missing piece to my Danger Zone team

Just have to figure out what you want more. :D I tried buying B2 before but I had horrible drops and $200 wasn't enough to even get him to 6-stars but I'm close to 85 so I'm going to finish him first even though I really want Wedge. I think B2 has so much opportunity in this game to be good that he's almost a must-own now that he's F2P. I really can't believe they made B2 F2P. Many people that paid for him must be upset about this one. To be honest, I'm not sure how I'd feel either if a character I bought was free so quickly.
  • Options
    Ya B2 is a kind of a must as I see it I rly think he could take clones to the next lvl under a Rex lead. I think it could also make Defense hold much better that's the big Main thing clones struggle with. I'm going B2 for sure gonna dump crystals into refeshes so I get him quick.
  • Durrun
    1019 posts Member
    Options
    Same here @TrevorTheWookie my plan is Rex led B2 Ani sarge 5555
    Lots of tanks that have decent damage. You gotta pick one to focus first and Ani and b2 will punish you for whoever you pick
  • Options
    Man I think you guys just talked me into farming b2 first
  • TrevorTheWookie
    207 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    Yes Rex Ani B2 5's I would love Cody here as a fifth if he was fixed more so. But because he's not Sarge as 5th sounds good maybe Aayla too. she would make this team a nightmare on defense

@Durrun run me through how you have sarge modded again
  • Durrun
    1019 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    Here's what he looks like @TrevorTheWookie
    Maxed everything

image_zpsgdfipl25.png

Mods are crit chance. I can't get crit damage ones but I think chance are better for TM gain. If you can't get crit go straight hp defense are crap

image_zpscdjezuu2.png

In order left to right
    Offense
    Speed
    Defense
    Crit damage
    Protection
    Potency

All with strong secondary in order of importance
    Speed
    Offense (raw stat # percent isn't great)
    Crit chance
    Potency

I use speed since it makes him a killer force on defense and his passive with good speed fills TM 60-74% after crit.
    I use potency cause the TM reduc is crazy good
    I use crit damage cause it makes him freakin hurt XD
  • Poxx
    2288 posts Member
    Options
    What u r missing is Rex lead. The tm gains from crits against u interrupt the Droid machine, allowing u to go well b4 they r done.
  • Durrun
    1019 posts Member
    Options
    @TrevorTheWookie how's your sarge looking?
  • Options
    Durrun wrote: »
    @TrevorTheWookie how's your sarge looking?

He is ok Gear10 no extra pieces yet. All Health mods but I'm currently farming Crit Dmg mods and am curious to try that out on him. Should make him put up some stupid numbers. My scoundrels are to weak to get crit chance right now.

He still isn't the shining star i want him to be though. Need to get better mods. 55% crit chance sound super nice with his TM boost lol
  • Options
    Completed the top tier of the military might event with a full clone team, 6* Cody in lead, all other clones 7star and fully geared.

Took a couple of attempts, and Cody go wiped out half way through. Was actually quite fun!
  • Options
    Durrun wrote: »
    Here's what he looks like @TrevorTheWookie
    Maxed everything

image_zpsgdfipl25.png

Mods are crit chance. I can't get crit damage ones but I think chance are better for TM gain. If you can't get crit go straight hp defense are ****

image_zpscdjezuu2.png

In order left to right
    Offense
    Speed
    Defense
    Crit damage
    Protection
    Potency

All with strong secondary in order of importance
    Speed
    Offense (raw stat # percent isn't great)
    Crit chance
    Potency

I use speed since it makes him a killer force on defense and his passive with good speed fills TM 60-74% after crit.
    I use potency cause the TM reduc is crazy good
    I use crit damage cause it makes him freakin hurt XD

Thanks for the detailed breakdown! I've been wondering why mine hasn't been posting the same numbers you guys keep talking. My mods get my stats somewhat comparable with your offense being out of the park higher lol. Need to find some better offense secondaries >.>
  • Durrun
    1019 posts Member
    Options
    @Mewingloki
    Sure thing m8 let me know if I can help more. A lot of those mods have 40-85 offense on then it adds up. Don't be discouraged! He's fantastic in any case and all you need is a bit of time. It pays off!

image_zpspguocjkq.png
  • Options
    So I'm currently using Arena team consisting of Rex (L), Cody, Fives, Echo, and Sun Fac. Between Fives and Echo, do yall think it would be worth replacing one of them in favor of Clone Sergeant?
  • Options
    Yes, drop Echo. SunFac and Echo are redundant and SunFac is better overall.
  • Options
    MukkaMatt wrote: »
    Completed the top tier of the military might event with a full clone team, 6* Cody in lead, all other clones 7star and fully geared.

Took a couple of attempts, and Cody go wiped out half way through. Was actually quite fun!

I had a hard time with Cody lead too, Rex is much better especially for the beginning.
  • Options
    Yeah, I used to rep Cody lead as well but was struggling and switched Rex in instead because the max health gain for all allies and turn meter boost for clones on crits was too good to pass up.
  • Options
    @Darth_Jay77 what did u use for military might event tier 2
  • Options
    I saw a comment on here about clones being good against drone teams in arena. They're the only teams I can't beat on my server running Anakin lead, CS, Rex, Cody and Luminara.

What's the strategy there that I'm missing?

If I were you, first thing I would do vs Droids is replace the leader, Rex excels vs droids, the extra turn meter will be better then the added damage from the anakin lead.
    Rex lead will cut off the first barrage of shots from the droids.
    Also, cody with his low health is just to easy of a kill. Luminara could/should also be replaced.
    Those two spots (cody / lumi) can be filled by one tank (take your pic at rg/ sthan / or sun fac) and a dmg dealer/support (fives / aayla / qgj).
  • Options
    @Darth_Jay77 what did u use for military might event tier 2

I stuck with all 5 Clones, Rex lead.
  • Options
    I Run rex lead;5s;echo;sarge;lando.

No biggs Deal with lando on Bord