The Galactic Clone Players discussion

Replies

• Aero
    2972 posts Member
    Options
    What do you guys think of these mods on Rex?

Screenshot_20160914-192017.png

His health worries me, but I can't address that without his speed plummeting.
  • Options
    Depends on what you're using him for. For raids that's really good but not my experience in arena he does much better with a less damage central build and more survival. He hits pretty well but yours is only a bit faster and hits 200 damage rating harder but I've got 6000 hp and protection on yours. Don't get me wrong that's a kickass Rex right there and very fast. I just question the offense choice? What's he hitting on basic under his own lead?
  • Aero
    2972 posts Member
    Options
    Durrun wrote: »
    Depends on what you're using him for. For raids that's really good but not my experience in arena he does much better with a less damage central build and more survival. He hits pretty well but yours is only a bit faster and hits 200 damage rating harder but I've got 6000 hp and protection on yours. Don't get me wrong that's a kickass Rex right there and very fast. I just question the offense choice? What's he hitting on basic under his own lead?

I haven't ran clones since pre-mods, and when mods came I collected then for Empire. I'm trying to work with what I have.

You think I should try to collect some health set mods?
  • Options
    Imo the best mod sets for Rex in order are
    Speed
    Tenacity
    HP
    Potency
    Crit chance/damage

It's not hyper critical though I've found. I run mine 2 sets of crit chance 1 hp set. Just cause that's the secondary stats that were good. In a perfect world he'd have speed but where ever your secondaries are is fine. Seems to be working for him I was just curious about the offense since I've never actually seen a set. On anyone. Ever. XD

It's the Triangle mod, and plus mod that make the big difference in him. What you running there?
  • Options
    One way or another you need his total health at 40k+ and as fast as possible. At 34k, he's a quick kill by a Wedge squad or even JKA and Lando. That would be a good raid buildout if you swap back and forth.
  • Aero
    2972 posts Member
    Options
    Triangle is 16% protection and 7 speed and other stuff
    Plus is 24% potency and 9 speed and other stuff
  • Options
    I think those are the right choices. I'm experimenting with a tenacity plus I'll let you know how it goes. Overall I think he's kickass aero nice work. Where are you using him? Lineup?
  • Aero
    2972 posts Member
    Options
    My line up is
    Rex L
    Clone Sarge
    Fives
    Plo Koon
    Royal Guard

They're all maxed but I'm dropping like flies and having trouble beating teams. I don't think it's the team comp as much as it is mods, since this is the team I used before mods and I would take 1st nearly every day.
  • Options
    Aero wrote: »
    My line up is
    Rex L
    Clone Sarge
    Fives
    Plo Koon
    Royal Guard

They're all maxed but I'm dropping like flies and having trouble beating teams. I don't think it's the team comp as much as it is mods, since this is the team I used before mods and I would take 1st nearly every day.

Yeah, secondary mod stats are a major problem. The other small problem is your squad doesn't have much damage output. Rex's Subdue and Sarge are all you really have. 5's assist can hit well but he's pretty slow on top of that. I'd drop 5's for JKA, Lando, EP, something else. I don't think 5's is all that great right now. Plo Koon... that's tough. I get why you have him in there but he's not all that great with good mods, so if you're low on good mods he'll bring you down too.
  • Aero
    2972 posts Member
    Options
    My line up is
    Rex L
    Clone Sarge
    Fives
    Plo Koon
    Royal Guard

Yeah, secondary mod stats are a major problem. The other small problem is your squad doesn't have much damage output. Rex's Subdue and Sarge are all you really have. 5's assist can hit well but he's pretty slow on top of that. I'd drop 5's for JKA, Lando, EP, something else. I don't think 5's is all that great right now. Plo Koon... that's tough. I get why you have him in there but he's not all that great with good mods, so if you're low on good mods he'll bring you down too.

I understand all that, but still I'll mention again that prior to mods I was having no trouble staying up at the top spot with this same team.

Right now I don't have JKA, working on that. Lando is 7 star gear 8 level 80, wouldn't be too hard to finish. And I'm taking a stand against Emperor Palpatine. There's enough of him in Arena already.
  • Options
    My line up is
    Rex L
    Clone Sarge
    Fives
    Plo Koon
    Royal Guard

I understand all that, but still I'll mention again that prior to mods I was having no trouble staying up at the top spot with this same team.

Right now I don't have JKA, working on that. Lando is 7 star gear 8 level 80, wouldn't be too hard to finish. And I'm taking a stand against Emperor Palpatine. There's enough of him in Arena already.

Secondary mod stats are definitely the issue with everything, especially the **** speed stats. I can believe that EA continues to let them be so unbalanced. It makes no sense that it's better for me to get Potency stats with huge speed secondaries to make my characters faster than to get speed set bonuses; it's so counter-intuitive and makes no **** sense. But I digress... Unfortunately that's the game we play now and we have to adjust. The only "old" squad I've found to be effective still are Old Ben teams. Many people only run EP as non-lead so his anti-evasion characteristic never comes into play. Even for the players that do use EP as lead, because 15% Evasion is so totally random and can range much higher than that; I wonder how much his lead actually factors into anything. A friend of mine benched EP and went back to his Old Ben squad; he's been sitting in 2nd place since 6:00pm PST yesterday. We have plenty of EP leads and B2 teams around too.

As for your current team, I think it's just time to rebuild. PK is horrible and 5's is easy to manage these days between the damage output from Wiggs squads and EP. You have Lando pretty close and JKA isn't too bad via Cantina so you have the makings of a solid squad with Rex, Sarge, and RG. If you have B2 or SunFac I think that would help too.
  • Aero
    2972 posts Member
    Options
    Plo Koon is my dispel. Other options would be QGJ, Echo, Sun Fac, or shock early with Emperor.

I don't have Echo or Sun Fac and won't run Emperor, so that leaves Qui Gon. I could farm him, but Plo Koon is already maxed and quite similar. Both dispel. Qui Gon removes turn meter, Plo Koon adds turn meter. Qui Gon does offense up, Plo Koon does offense down. And really if anything I'd rather switch to Echo when he's free anyways, so I'll just stick with Plo.

Fives I agree is looking worse and worse. May replace him down the line. There's a guy running Ani and all the phase 2 clones in my Arena, I'd probably do that but with Sarge in for Fives if o had the characters (though honestly haven't looked at Cody much).

I'm thinking if anything I would definitely want to replace RG since nowadays he's not really protecting anyone anymore.
  • Aero
    2972 posts Member
    Options
    https://swgoh.gg/u/seventyxseven/collection/

My collection if anyone is interested
  • Options
    QGJ does damage, PK does not. QGJ is fast, PK needs speed on his mods, so two big differences. Plus for PK's offense-down to work he needs a fair amount of potency. I would farm QGJ at some point, he's good for many things and other than Poe there's really noone in the Cantina shop unless you want the Jawa. I get you have what you have, just thinking about what direction you need to go in.

Echo in his current state is awful, don't even worry about that guy unless EA re-tools him. Purchasing SunFac shards from Shipments wouldn't be a bad idea and I think his shards still drop decently from Chromiums. Cody... I don't want to say he's garbage because he's not that bad. Cody's kit is really cool, it's just not balanced well especially when you consider what Wedge & Biggs give you, and many other damage characters out there. His HP is on Darth Maul levels of low and the only way he can survive is as the leader, but I can't find a reason to not play Rex on a Clone lead squad. However, in a Raid or GW the Clones are really good, especially with EP. LOL!

Honestly, all the Clones except Rex and Sarge need a re-work, the others don't work right now in Arena. For now, I would focus on other areas. You have Rex, there are many other good options out there right now, but unfortunately Clones ain't it. I guess will caveat that statement that they seem to be playable if you can get all of them to 200+ speed with mods. If you can do that, then maybe you have something.
  • Aero
    2972 posts Member
    Options
    Plo Koon actually does some decent damage. Like 7-8k on a basic crit. Don't get me wrong, I understand Qui Gon is better, but I'd be getting him just for Arena. Yes he is good for other things, but I already have Yoda and can already do big numbers in the raid so I'm good. I still need to finish Poe, Daka, and Scavenger in Cantina shipments so o can have a full team in those respective factions.

Something important that I probably failed to mention is I play a lot of this game for novelty instead of efficiency. I agree that Fives and Echo need a rework, and again I haven't looked at Cody much but I'll take your word for it, and I'd LOVE to discuss some reworks with you. All the same, if I had all 5 clones maxed out I'd run them in Arena just for fun.
  • Options
    Something important that I probably failed to mention is I play a lot of this game for novelty instead of efficiency. .

That's awesome and I totally respect that. The flip-side to that is you have to expect to not be as competitive in arena rankings because novelty can't always produce. Your Empire squad is awesome, some of the coolest stuff I'd seen in a while.
  • Options
    @Durrun How'd the Rex, Ani, Sun fac, Tie fighter Pilot, Sarge combo fair today? I'd love a reason to get excited about my G10 7* pilot :)
  • Options
    Mewingloki wrote: »
    @Durrun How'd the Rex, Ani, Sun fac, Tie fighter Pilot, Sarge combo fair today? I'd love a reason to get excited about my G10 7* pilot :)
    @Mewingloki
    Honestly I'm surprised but it's doing quite well. I was using either Aayla modded to crit (75%) and tried 5s for a while. Both were dropping me from 1 into the mid 20s overnight. With pilot I drop to 12 or less depending on the day. I should explain also that my meta is entirely lacking aoe except Ani palp. And excepting droid teams there isn't a SINGLE team in the top 40 without a St Han on it. I've autod a few offense battles to see how the AI handles my team and I'm surprised. Tie pilot modded with as much crit and damage as I could get him is allowing the dumb AI to power through the St Hans taunt when sun Fac fails dispel. Can't fees TM to team more than 1 round cause he just dies. My pilot crits for 11k on basic twice so Han dies very quickly between him sarge and Rex. I also have my Rex modded for tenacity to hell with the EP swarm. Overall I'd say it won't work in all metas but on my server it's holding me up there till I can hear Lando and give him a shot in his place just to see if aoe is better than single target. I'll let you know further but at current he's being underestimated and blowing up toons while they focus Rex and Anakin
  • Options
    Hey guys I finally got my STHan maxed don't think he is better for the clone than RG.

I would Run Rex,JKA STH, Aayla Sarge. STH in place of RG Normally
  • Options
    Hey guys I finally got my STHan maxed don't think he is better for the clone than RG.
    I would Run Rex,JKA STH, Aayla Sarge. STH in place of RG Normally

Before the evasion meta got out of hand I ran Rex (L), Sarge, Echo, Fives and ST Han
    I absolutely dominated arena, rarely even dropping out of the top3, the TM gains were completely from another world.

Now with mods, however, I agree I'm not sure ST Han is better than RG but sure worth a try.
  • Options
    Rex is always beastly and I'm also clinging to Sarge who's so underrated. Other than that my lineup is lacking clones
  • Fury77
    252 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    thanks guys for the posts, love the clones on theory, but need rework, jst a taunting tank for one, to be viable.

I stay top generally, always 1 if I go for it, no refreshes at this point. Nov shard, but mostly droids and aoe teams, which rex sits nicely against

Rex-L, g11, 190spd
    5s, g11,
    EP, g10, spd 215.
    qgj, g11 spd 182.
    sth, g11, spd 181

i know, 2 clones doesn't make a clone team, but it's been working really well. sth after ep stun, rex, and qgj...

would love to move sarge in, but took backseat to needed taunt/dispel, qgj far better than echo

• Options
    Fury77 wrote: »
    thanks guys for the posts, love the clones on theory, but need rework, jst a taunting tank for one, to be viable.

I stay top generally, always 1 if I go for it, no refreshes at this point. Nov shard, but mostly droids and aoe teams, which rex sits nicely against

Rex-L, g11, 190spd
    5s, g11,
    EP, g10, spd 215.
    qgj, g11 spd 182.
    sth, g11, spd 181

i know, 2 clones doesn't make a clone team, but it's been working really well. sth after ep stun, rex, and qgj...

would love to move sarge in, but took backseat to needed taunt/dispel, qgj far better than echo

Id swap out 5s for Sarge or JKA, much better option for that squad I think.
  • Poxx
    2288 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    Considering 5's caps at gear X and his is XI...i'd keep 5's in there, he must b a beast.

Try:

Rex (L)
    CS
    5's
    Ani
    B2

• Options
    lol..oops.
  • Options
    I took a gamble end of the week and dropped another clone for my gear 9 sun fac (good lord does he need a lot of purples to get to gear 10 >.< ). It definitely paid off! I was able to grab 1st yesterday for the first time and for the last 3 days now I haven't been higher than rank 12. currently running:

Rex (L)
    JKA
    Sarge
    Fives
    Sun Fac

I want to try out the squad @Durrun has been playing with and swap Fives for FOTP but I'm struggling to get the right mods to get him fast enough for the correct sequencing currently (without pulling speed off of JKA and Rex lol).
  • Durrun
    1019 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    Mine is working pretty **** well right now. Dropping to 10 but no lower. It's the surprise factor of them focusing Rex and Anakin and then "hey remember me?!" 20k crit to the face XD. I will be trying Lando in place of tie just to test it out but my reasoning for tie in the first place had been that 5s while amazing lacks OFFENSIVE damage. He's great when he's countering but too often he gets stunned and it's over. With pilot it's damage they can't deal with right off cause they're killing Anakin and Rex. Plus with advantage up he can and will kill ANYONE out from RG taunt. Once I get the advantage abd offense up its a 11.5k crit followed by another one. Your Rey ain't **** behind that RG now is she?? XD

I'll let you know how the Lando thing goes in a few days... He's gear 11.... But 5 star XD
  • Options
    Sadly I don't have the right mods to get my Sarge in the mix just yet. But the lowest I've ranked over the past 4 days since replacing Fives with Lando was rank 6, last 24 hours I have not dropped below 2.

I now run Rex (L), Ani, AS (to be replaced by CS), Lando and SF

My Rex isn't quite fast enough yet so there is a gap of 18 between him and Ani, which allows for opponents to remove expose if they don't forget it, but soon I'll have that problem resolved and then people are gonna have even more trouble.
  • DarthNoise
    165 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    Hey everybody. I put Rex lead tonight and finally hit top 10! Here's my question: I want to put 5s back in my team but not sure who to replace?
    My team:
    REX (L)
    Anakin
    QGJ
    REY
    RG

I know it's a bit generic but trying to figure out better
    Also have Echo ready
    Sarge still needs lots of gear
  • Options
    Welcome to the party @DarthNoise
    Rex lead is crazy good :) and grats. To be honest I think your lineup is pretty **** strong as of now. You have damage dispel tank and utility. 5s is one of my favorites but without a taunt I'm having trouble fitting him in to my lineup too. What's you top 20 like? Common teams etc so we can work out a strategy for you?