24 hours until the next Aurodium, who's coming next?

Replies

• MBL_66
    2465 posts Member
    Options
    scuba wrote: »
    MBL_66 wrote: »
    I'm hoping for Dark side Mara Jade because we need more bad chicks

Sadly she is EU, and Darth Mickey will only allow canon characters. Mrs Skywalker would be fun though. The Emperors hand.

280?cb=20070705140121

RE: http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Mara_Jade_Skywalker

The canon argument means nothing. New characters can be made canon. It is not like all the available canon has been decided and that is it. In the press conference/interviews it was stated that they can and may pull characters and ideas from EU. Admiral Thrawn is probably the most recent one.

My reasoning is KOTOR/SWTOR, is owned by EA/Bioware. I feel fairly safe is saying they can bring in KOTOR/SWTOR because they already own the rights. Taking ideas from the EU, is one thing. Taking someone elses creation can get sticky. Yes it all falls under the SW umbrella, but the author, creator of say Mara Jade would expext royalties no?

Well usually when a writer creates a character for an existing franchise or publisher our whatever they don't own the character. Like with comic book writers.
  • Options
    creator of say Mara Jade would expext royalties no?

Probably. Timothy Zahn should be receiving compenation for the use of Grand Admiral Thrawn in Star Wars Rebels. Perhaps it was a package deal and Mara Jade was included. Problem is if they make Mara canon, then they "tip their hat" regarding who's the parents of Rey (Luke and Mara).
  • scuba
    14162 posts Member
    Options

Probably. Timothy Zahn should be receiving compenation for the use of Grand Admiral Thrawn in Star Wars Rebels. Perhaps it was a package deal and Mara Jade was included. Problem is if they make Mara canon, then they "tip their hat" regarding who's the parents of Rey (Luke and Mara).

Yeah he will get them in 2017 when his new book releases.
  • Options

Zahn is certainly getting something for Thrawn, as he is also writing a new Thrawn book. As for Mara Jade, if she gets brought into canon, it'll happen in Episode 8, I bet.
  • Options

That is really interesting to suggest Rey is a Solo. Though that doesn't explain how Han and Leia didn't recognize her as their daughter, surely they would? Unless Luke did some kind of Memory Block on them so they don't remember. Interesting.
  • Options
    Jacen_Solo wrote: »

Zahn is certainly getting something for Thrawn, as he is also writing a new Thrawn book. As for Mara Jade, if she gets brought into canon, it'll happen in Episode 8, I bet.

Yes, that's why I don't think any announcement about Mara Jade becoming canon will get made because that would be a huge spoiler.
  • scuba
    14162 posts Member
    Options

Yes, that's why I don't think any announcement about Mara Jade becoming canon will get made because that would be a huge spoiler.

That is a better argument than "she/he/it is not canon."
  • Benr3600
    1098 posts Member
    Options
    Grand Admiral Thrawn. Utilizes expose and gains foresight when he damages a Rebel, damage increases 10% for each living Empire ally.
  • Options

That is a better argument than "she/he/it is not canon."

Somebody may not be canon now, but with HK47 in the game and Thrawn added to a story that's considered canon; there's some wiggle-room for what's considered canon and what's not. It does make me wonder if we'll see other KOTR characters at some point. Kyle Katarn would be another character that would be awesome to see. Dark Troopers, which seem like they may actually be in Rogue One.
  • Options
    Benr3600 wrote: »
    Grand Admiral Thrawn. Utilizes expose and gains foresight when he damages a Rebel, damage increases 10% for each living Empire ally.
    I'm sure he'll be added into the game, but not right now. Bet he'll come out around the release of Rebels S3. It would just make much more sense that way, oh my, I can't wait for him already :)
    Team Steroid Council Member - "A wise leader knows when to follow"
  • Zooey
    1607 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    I honestly wouldn't mind more generic toons, but only if they're things like:

Droideka
    latest?cb=20091201144945

Clone Commander
    latest?cb=20111028165901

Dark Trooper
    latest?cb=20081212113851
  • Options
    Zooey wrote: »
    I honestly wouldn't mind more generic toons, but only if they're things like:

Droideka
    latest?cb=20091201144945

Clone Commander
    latest?cb=20111028165901

Dark Trooper
    latest?cb=20081212113851

Generic toons are fine too; I just hate when they become "meta" toons while the marquee characters linger in a state of uselessness.
  • Options
    Fingers crossed for....

t2JPwTS.jpg
    You guys had a riot? On account o' me? My very own riot?
  • Options

Will Luke Skywalker's Wife Be Revealed In Rogue One, Or Star Wars Episode 8?

http://moviepilot.com/posts/3769535

• Options
    Starkiller!!!
  • Options
    Padme (Clone Wars Movie, white outfit when she falls of the ship). :)
  • Options

That's cool, I love reading some of the speculatory write-ups like that. I really doubt that the lady from Rogue One will be Luke's wife; I've already placed my money on her getting killed by Vader at the end of that movie. Note that neither in the movie nor in the ep4 book are there any named references to the spies that stole the plans. I'm willing to bet that the "Rogue Squadron" was done in reverence to Felicity Jones character. Luke standing over his wife's tombstone at the end of ep7, that could be very possible.
  • Tavanh
    523 posts Member
    Options
    Have they completed R2-D2 yet?
  • scuba
    14162 posts Member
    Options

That's cool, I love reading some of the speculatory write-ups like that. I really doubt that the lady from Rogue One will be Luke's wife; I've already placed my money on her getting killed by Vader at the end of that movie. Note that neither in the movie nor in the ep4 book are there any named references to the spies that stole the plans. I'm willing to bet that the "Rogue Squadron" was done in reverence to Felicity Jones character. Luke standing over his wife's tombstone at the end of ep7, that could be very possible.

That all just made me think of eu books. Nostalgia.
  • Options

Yeah, the EU books were great though I never got around to reading the New Jedi Order books or whatever they were called with the 3 Jedi Children. I read,

- Ep 1 - 6
    - Dark Lord: The Rise of Darth Vader (awesome book about early Darth Vader)
    - Shadows of the Empire (in between 5 and 6 with no mention of Luke's wife) It would be cool if this one was canon
    - Heir to the Empire, Dark Force Rising, Last Command (Timothy Zahn books)

• Options
    Werent the hints about the Rebels mostly? are there any more rebels to add?
  • Options
    Radonis wrote: »

I have to think that the Rebels from the new series will have a different faction name. Otherwise there will be far too many Rebel characters. I'm not sure who's left from the original trilogy, it would probably be a generic character like "Forest Endor Trooper" or something. General Rieekan from Empire Strikes Back maybe??? Another remake of Han, Chewie, or Leia seems unnecessary. Rebel Luke could be another candidate I guess.
  • Options

Ummm R2 is a rebel
    942-122-371
  • scuba
    14162 posts Member
    Options

Yeah, the EU books were great though I never got around to reading the New Jedi Order books or whatever they were called with the 3 Jedi Children. I read,

- Ep 1 - 6
    - Dark Lord: The Rise of Darth Vader (awesome book about early Darth Vader)
    - Shadows of the Empire (in between 5 and 6 with no mention of Luke's wife) It would be cool if this one was canon
    - Heir to the Empire, Dark Force Rising, Last Command (Timothy Zahn books)

So many good ones. I am glad they are going back to zahn
  • Options

I have to think that the Rebels from the new series will have a different faction name. Otherwise there will be far too many Rebel characters. I'm not sure who's left from the original trilogy, it would probably be a generic character like "Forest Endor Trooper" or something. General Rieekan from Empire Strikes Back maybe??? Another remake of Han, Chewie, or Leia seems unnecessary. Rebel Luke could be another candidate I guess.

Maybe the Rebels cartoon characters would have Ghost Crew Synergy? but they'd have to have regular Rebel Synergy too because they do interact with them.

I was thinking, that if its another Scoundrel. that it will/should be Hondo.

Honestly though, I have no idea. It'd be nice to have Jedi Luke.
  • Options
    Autodiums are typically not popular characters from the movie, so I doubt we will see padme, jedi rey/luke, etc
  • Options
    Autodiums are typically not popular characters from the movie, so I doubt we will see padme, jedi rey/luke, etc

:(
  • ShewardN
    515 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    Xylo_Phona wrote: »

Maybe the Rebels cartoon characters would have Ghost Crew Synergy? but they'd have to have regular Rebel Synergy too because they do interact with them.

I was thinking, that if its another Scoundrel. that it will/should be Hondo.

Honestly though, I have no idea. It'd be nice to have Jedi Luke.
    +1 for Hondo. I'd absolutely go nuts with my cash if he was released in there. Probably one of the few characters that would get me to waste, uhm, spend, a fortune on getting a 7* virtual character :p
    Team Steroid Council Member - "A wise leader knows when to follow"
  • Options
    I sincerely hope the R2d2 is the new raid reward and Wicket is the Aud.