App store update\Client restart (Merged threads)

Replies

• RAYRAY
    2761 posts Member
    Options
    MBL_66 wrote: »
    RAYRAY wrote: »
    Syncho wrote: »
    There's a new us$200 33500 "warehouse of crystals" pack

Good catch

ETA: Are the TRAIN, MODS, BUY DATA CARDS buttons at the bottom of the characters page new?

No those were added with mods

Haha. I never noticed the MODS view. I like it:)
    ☮ Consular ☮ American Rebel Rebel Force (Endor) JedhaYavin IV
  • licky
    112 posts Member
    Options
    StarSon wrote: »
    Ha, found the update notes! They were buried a bit, though, might be why we didn't get the in-game pop-up. Looks like quite a major change!

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/53649/game-update-7-12-2016#latest

"Shirley" you're not serious? I'm sure you realize "mods" weren't added to this update and that it was 2 updates ago. Most likely the new raid was (which should include 6• mods). Regardless, I'm sure we'll get a datamine posted shortly, and before the detailed notes are added here, and certainly before App Store update notes are ever changed (lol).

What do you mean mods were added 2 updates ago? Why am I just seeing this now then?!

did you just reach level 50?? mods have been out for a while and these are THE same exact notes that went along with that app store update months ago.
  • Options
    Ha, found the update notes! They were buried a bit, though, might be why we didn't get the in-game pop-up. Looks like quite a major change!

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/53649/game-update-7-12-2016#latest

"Shirley" you're not serious? I'm sure you realize "mods" weren't added to this update and that it was 2 updates ago. Most likely the new raid was (which should include 6• mods). Regardless, I'm sure we'll get a datamine posted shortly, and before the detailed notes are added here, and certainly before App Store update notes are ever changed (lol).

What do you mean mods were added 2 updates ago? Why am I just seeing this now then?!

Bro, it means they aren't updating the "what's new" on the app store when releasing a new build for the game. Wouldn't you like to know what you just updated to before updating? And why release a new build before telling us what's new on the forums?
  • StarSon
    7525 posts Member
    Options
    Anyone know? No word from the Devs or Mods

They'll let you know if it was anything worth noting. Heads up, there's gonna be one again when they do monthly Leaderboard reset in a few days. That one causes a stir to some folks also.

See, @ShaolinPunk, they did change something. And it's been over an hour with no mention of the change from them.
  • SnakesOnAPlane
    4363 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    Options

This is the same individual who has been clueless about other updates:

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/61686/droid-callers-today

At this point, I can't tell if he's being sarcastic or not. :|
    SnakesOnAPlane
  • Options
    DarthAl wrote: »
    They did add $200 warehouse crystal bundle.lol

that's the BEST deal in the Galaxy, Whales rejoice!
  • Options
    Oooohwee. At least it wasn't a client refart again.

Could hardly handle the effects of the first one
  • SnakesOnAPlane
    4363 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    licky wrote: »

did you just reach level 50?? mods have been out for a while and these are THE same exact notes that went along with that app store update months ago.

Nope, been level 80 for a while.
    AlanMav wrote: »

Bro, it means they aren't updating the "what's new" on the app store when releasing a new build for the game. Wouldn't you like to know what you just updated to before updating? And why release a new build before telling us what's new on the forums?

You want me to believe that a software company doesn't release update notes at the same time as its updates? And it's too lazy to even change the "what's new" on their app store page? No way, man. This is EA, not some indie developer.

I'm starting to get you now. Next time PM me, lol. ;)

SnakesOnAPlane
  • licky
    112 posts Member
    Options

You want me to believe that a software company doesn't release update notes at the same time as its updates? And it's too lazy to even change the "what's new" on their app store page? No way, man. This is EA, not some indie developer.

wait are you saying this is the first time you have seen mods in the game?
  • Options

Holy poop-buckets yes! They're awesome!

Dude did you just wake up from hibernation?
  • Options
    New raid LUL
  • Options

Holy poop-buckets yes! They're awesome!

Dude did you just wake up from hibernation?

He's certainly a comedian, and loves sarcasm. Now that I get him, I'm laughing.

SnakesOnAPlane
  • Options
    Play paints event is over?
  • Options
    The Warehouse of Crystals is actually not the "Best Value". The Daily Crystal Booster - 21 Days for $10.99 is still a better value. Would you please be so kind to fix your advertising to be more accurate? Many thanks!
    SnakesOnAPlane
  • Options
    Prime example of too advanced sarcasm. People will just think you're a returrrd.
  • Options
    DarthAl wrote: »
    They did add $200 warehouse crystal bundle.lol

that's the BEST deal in the Galaxy, Whales rejoice!

Lol.. Yeah for whales. Can't imagining spending $200 on a game.

• Options
    Credit heist is live in Australia. Seems same as before.
  • Options
    What's this "Warehouse of Crystals" thing? Mine only goes up to Vault size.
  • ShaolinPunk
    3486 posts Moderator
    Options

They'll let you know if it was anything worth noting. Heads up, there's gonna be one again when they do monthly Leaderboard reset in a few days. That one causes a stir to some folks also.

See, @ShaolinPunk, they did change something. And it's been over an hour with no mention of the change from them.

Okay....? They also removed the event related purchases. I don't count purchase options as notable I guess, especially if they had countdown timers on them (like, we already know they're gonna go away). Notable things usually get some air-time (new raids, events, etc) either in-game or via Community/Developer updates.

**Please tag me (@ShaolinPunk) if you need assistance.** My Collection. . My Poll.. Ally Code: 332-622-913 Discord: shaolin_punk#2107
  • Options
    Slewfoot wrote: »
    Credit heist is live in Australia. Seems same as before.

Is this a joke? They said it would no longer run separately for different time zones.
  • StarSon
    7525 posts Member
    Options

Okay....? They also removed the event related purchases. I don't count purchase options as notable I guess, especially if they had countdown timers on them (like, we already know they're gonna go away). Notable things usually get some air-time (new raids, events, etc) either in-game or via Community/Developer updates.

A client update via the App Store is not notable?

Either way, the point is we don't actually know what changed because they haven't told us. Obviously something if there was a client update.
  • ShaolinPunk
    3486 posts Moderator
    edited August 2016
    Options
    Maybe this will help.

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/64448/community-update-8-26-2016#latest

There will be more details sometime this week. It's true, sometimes you have to wait.
    **Please tag me (@ShaolinPunk) if you need assistance.** My Collection. . My Poll.. Ally Code: 332-622-913 Discord: shaolin_punk#2107
  • Options
    @StarSon there is no update on my app store !
  • StarSon
    7525 posts Member
    Options
    The non-newsworthy update from today added it. $200 for 33.5k crystals, available for 31 days.
  • Options
    Not in my store.
  • 3Edward9
    486 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    Today, a client restart was followed by an app update, there is no obvious change except the removal of the Emperor event and the Rebel packs, while these changes occurred right after the client restart.

My question is what is this app update for given there is no explanation or notification, absolutely nothing accounts for this major update. Is it just a random update for the adaption to the updated iOS devices, or there is something else.

We can only speculate if someone doesn't do their job.

9jENV2O.png
    Thanks to a mate below! So this is what the update for, best update ever!
  • StarSon
    7525 posts Member
    Options
    Might be Apple only? I updated a few hours ago, shortly after client restart.
  • Darth_Azrael
    457 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    Maybe this will help.

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/64448/community-update-8-26-2016#latest

There will be more details sometime this week. It's true, sometimes you have to wait.

Well, we are all curious. How could it be different?

The 4F battle is still empty after the update here...

Edit: Well, I do not care Kit Fisto.
  • StarSon
    7525 posts Member
    Options
    They also added a $200 crystal pack. But don't worry, definitely nothing noteworthy.
  • MrJx3
    257 posts Member
    Options
    Huh, just noticed it too. I guess the daily crystal is technically the best value, but you have to login every day for a month. 33.5k crystals is upfront, no need to wait.