App store update\Client restart (Merged threads)

Prev1345
Charlesbusa
408 posts Member
edited August 2016
Anyone know? No word from the Devs or Mods
Post edited by BentWookiee on

Replies

• Options
    Removed rebels pack
  • Options
    Removed Palpatine Event
  • Options
    what is a client restart? i hear people talking about it all the time. how can you tell it's been done or is something we the players do?
  • Options
    Oooohwee. At least it wasn't a client refart again.
  • ShaolinPunk
    3486 posts Moderator
    Options

They'll let you know if it was anything worth noting. Heads up, there's gonna be one again when they do monthly Leaderboard reset in a few days. That one causes a stir to some folks also.
    **Please tag me (@ShaolinPunk) if you need assistance.** My Collection. . My Poll.. Ally Code: 332-622-913 Discord: shaolin_punk#2107
  • StarSon
    7460 posts Member
    Options

They'll let you know if it was anything worth noting. Heads up, there's gonna be one again when they do monthly Leaderboard reset in a few days. That one causes a stir to some folks also.

You *hope* they will let you know. A month or so ago there was an update, and it was almost a full 24 hours before they told us what changed. We (as in other players, not actually me) had to figure it out through trial and error.
  • Options
    Maybe the end of EP event?
  • Options
    It should be the updated Military Might event with a new tier that is coming out this week. There is also an App Store update available.
  • Options
    i just downloaded gamed updated from app store, so it's not just client restart
  • StarSon
    7460 posts Member
    Options
    I updated from the app store as well. Don't worry guys, they just added mods. No biggie.
  • djvita
    1684 posts Member
    Options
    StarSon wrote: »
    I updated from the app store as well. Don't worry guys, they just added mods. No biggie.

right no biggie. updating now....
  • SnakesOnAPlane
    4363 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    So we just had a client restart AND app update, so where's the game update notification that we were told would happen back with the 8/17 game update notes?

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/62693/game-update-8-17-2016

• Game Update Notification: There will now be a newsletter notification with each major update that will link you to the full update notes in the forums

It's cruel to both F2P and P2P with the required restart, then app update, AND add that $200 crystal pack as the only visible update on face, without the full update notes first. It clearly explains where the priority lies.
    Post edited by SnakesOnAPlane on
    SnakesOnAPlane
  • StarSon
    7460 posts Member
    Options
    They don't have the update notes out yet, so how can they link to it?
  • Options

Because, as written, they should have the notes READY to go as they release the update.

SnakesOnAPlane
  • StarSon
    7460 posts Member
    Options

Because, as written, they should have the notes READY to go as they release the update.

From a certain point of view, they will have the link READY after they post the update notes.
  • SnakesOnAPlane
    4363 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    Options

From a certain point of view, they will have the link READY after they post the update notes.

Ahh, so you're totally okay with app makers listing their updates in the App Store with the same update info from the update from 2 ago? Hey look, we're getting mods again! The update notification system is poor at best. The notes should be ready to go *before* the app is released to the public.

495d4a770e.jpeg

SnakesOnAPlane
  • StarSon
    7460 posts Member
    Options
    I don't see the issue. They added mods to the game, and put the patch notes in the App Store "What's New" area, as expected. They just haven't gotten around to putting the more detailed ones on here.

I expect they'll tell us what kind of stats are available, and how to earn them shortly.
  • SnakesOnAPlane
    4363 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    Interesting, and you were the one complaining not so long ago about restart warnings, lol!

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/27295/restart-warning
    I don't see the issue. They added mods to the game, and put the patch notes in the App Store "What's New" area, as expected. They just haven't gotten around to putting the more detailed ones on here.

I expect they'll tell us what kind of stats are available, and how to earn them shortly.

I'm sure you realize "mods" weren't added to this update (that was 2 updates ago). Most likely the new raid was (which should include 6• mods). Regardless, I'm sure we'll get a datamine shortly posted, and before the detailed notes are added here, and certainly before App Store update notes are ever changed (lol).
    SnakesOnAPlane
  • SnakesOnAPlane
    4363 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    Interesting, and you were the one complaining not so long ago about restart warnings, lol!

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/27295/restart-warning

I was, but they actually fixed that. No need for a restart warning, if progress is not lost.

And no need for an update without releasing update notes along with it at the same time! If Microsoft, Apple, or Google did this, would you just haphazardly download their update without first knowing what it contained? Priorities matter.

SnakesOnAPlane
  • Options
    There's a new us$200 33500 "warehouse of crystals" pack
  • RAYRAY
    2761 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    Syncho wrote: »

Good catch

ETA: Are the TRAIN, MODS, BUY DATA CARDS buttons at the bottom of the characters page new?
    ☮ Consular ☮ American Rebel Rebel Force (Endor) JedhaYavin IV
  • Options
    More deep breaths.
  • Options
    My guess not everyone has the update yet. So they might do a manually update later. Like down a few times before. Just guessing though.
  • Options
    They did add $200 warehouse crystal bundle.lol
  • KingPin
    522 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    Don't worry guys just routine maintenance, the old hamster sadly passed away,

Meet Harry ... Never complains and works double shifts

yEt6JSa.gif
  • SnakesOnAPlane
    4363 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    Ha, found the update notes! They were buried a bit, though, might be why we didn't get the in-game pop-up. Looks like quite a major change!

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/53649/game-update-7-12-2016#latest

"Shirley" you're not serious? I'm sure you realize "mods" weren't added to this update and that they were added 2 updates ago?

Most likely the new raid was (which should include 6• mods). Regardless, I'm sure we'll get a datamine posted shortly, and before the detailed notes are added here, and certainly before App Store update notes are ever changed (lol).
    SnakesOnAPlane
  • MBL_66
    2465 posts Member
    Options
    RAYRAY wrote: »
    Syncho wrote: »

Good catch

ETA: Are the TRAIN, MODS, BUY DATA CARDS buttons at the bottom of the characters page new?

No those were added with mods