Game Update 10/11/2016 (Comments and Questions) ***MEGATHREAD***

Replies

• Options
    +1
  • Options
    Floogyman wrote: »
    Can't you just go in ur settings and turn it off individually? I did.
    Sure you can, but you don't see raid announcements like phase 1 over anymore. We in our guild for example have a rule where big hitters should wait with damage commit until current phase is over. where this information is necessary to know.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    Some good, some bad in this update:

Level increase is fine with me. It was time and that's all good.
    ETA: I'm also good with the fact that the new cap level will make some heroes less dominant, as many (if not all - haven't checked) can now get to G11.

Gear? Well, that we'll have to wait and see on.

Now the bad (or at least the "really?"):

- Teebo stealth still not fixed? Wow. Just...wow.
    - Guildspam - I really don't need to know when someone 4 stars their CUP...just saying. The in-game guild chat is horrible - and yet you somehow figured out a way to make it even worse. lol.
    - Why was "gear slotting" added back to the dailies? Odd decision.
    - Still no new characters in GW shipments or arena shipments? Really? C'mon man...

In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Options
    Nikoms565 wrote: »

- Guildspam - I really don't need to know when someone 4 stars their CUP...just saying. The in-game guild chat is horrible - and yet you somehow figured out a way to make it even worse. lol.
    - Still no new characters in GW shipments or arena shipments? Really? C'mon man...

agree with everything. Just to add that it is really amazing how they succeeded to make this awful chat worse. this is "Hello world" kind of thing...
  • Options
    pargame wrote: »
    Vinniarth wrote: »
    rawman wrote: »
    Fixed a typo on Old Daka's unique ability "Serve Again"
    awesome, thx cg/ea!

Yeah! Best change in this update! No kidding.

Sorry but what that exactly means? what was problem and how they fixed it?

Edit: I mean is it just typo or change behavior?

Just a typo :)
  • tRRRey
    2782 posts Member
    Options

ETA: I'm also good with the fact that the new cap level will make some heroes less dominant, as many (if not all - haven't checked) can now get to G11.

I'm fine with no new arena character, it gives me more reason to spend the currency on credits :wink:
    https://swgoh.gg/u/trey 66/
    Make Zader Great Again!
  • Options
    pargame wrote: »
    rawman wrote: »
    Fixed a typo on Old Daka's unique ability "Serve Again"
    awesome, thx cg/ea!

Yeah! Best change in this update! No kidding.

Sorry but what that exactly means? what was problem and how they fixed it?

Edit: I mean is it just typo or change behavior?

Just a typo :)

Thank you - I panicked :smile:
  • Options
    StarSon wrote: »
    Bossk_Hogg wrote: »
    Can we get rid of this activity again for 80+? Its a serious barrier to getting an omega each day if you didn't sandbag and leave a bunch of junk characters undergeared. Given how long it's going to take to get to 85 (where presumably it goes away again),I feel this wasn't considered, unless you just dont intend for us to get our daily activities each day, as we'll be stuck dumping hundreds of energy into farming a blue gear slot for characters we dont even intend to use.

If you were at cap how do you not have hundreds of low level gear pieces?

I do. I have pretty much no one that can take them. I'm good for maybe 2 weeks before I have to start farming blues/purples for losers like Mob Enforcer and Night Sisters. Its going to take months to get to 85 (and then the cap will raise again).

Moreover, this kind of achievement forces you to play in a counterintuitive way. Keep playing long enough, and you have to farm chump guys to mule pieces on one at a time. When you can gear a new guy, it wants you dole those out rather than equipping everything at once. This is the ONLY daily activity like that. Everything else you can play/spend normally. Imagine if the "play 3" arena required you to do so after payout.

We shouldnt have to sandbag to get our omegas. Get rid of this ****.

If you refresh each energy 2x every day, it will take 48 days.

I agree it's a little silly, but the upgrade a mod is the same kind of thing. And I can't fathom someone that doesn't have scrubs with which to throw **** gear pieces on when you can't gear a toon you care about on a few days.

Also, once you hit 81, you can get Omegas from the ability mat challenge.

You have to be level 84 to unlock the new tier from the ability mat challenge.
  • Options
    I love the additions to Guild chat. It can get quite quiet in mine, and it's nice to know what ppl are upto without checking inventories now and then.

Thank you for the GW drops too. I'd literally just done my 24, but hey, I still get W, T, F. Ignore the whiners. They seriously need a reality check. (or a new life)
  • Atlas1
    1713 posts Member
    Options

+1 the new stuff is good. Still baffled as to why some of the other things like new shipment toons haven't been introduced or addressed.
  • Options
    The new in-game chat notifications that say this player made that upgrade to such and such are not a good idea, I'm afraid. It's spam; messages from players get lost in between all the detritus. It makes me want to just ignore IGC.

You've made IGC worse than useless; it's just annoying now. Please turn off these notifications
    Your feeble skills are no match for the power of the Dark Side.
  • Options
    I also dont understand why they put back the daily achievement for gearing a character

all my characters are at least at gear 5 and dont need anymore easy gears, so this is super annoying, they took it out for a reason last time why bring it back? im assuming this is just a mistake of some sorts
  • gobears21
    1265 posts Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    I also dont understand why they put back the daily achievement for gearing a character

all my characters are at least at gear 5 and dont need anymore easy gears, so this is super annoying, they took it out for a reason last time why bring it back? im assuming this is just a mistake of some sorts

I'm guessing this is there by default of some crappy code laying around: "If (player < maxLevel) { crappyGearRequirement = true };
    or better yet
    bool crappyGearRequirement = (player < maxLevel);
  • Options
    gobears21 wrote: »

I'm guessing this is there by default of some **** code laying around: "If (player < maxLevel) { crappyGearRequirement = true };
    or better yet
    bool crappyGearRequirement = (player < maxLevel);

lol - yep. They copy and pasted old code. :D
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
  • Options
    I am not a fan of Guild Chat tracker showing every time a guild member does anything. This is not helpful. All it is doing is clog the guild chat tracker making it hard to see what guild members are saying or when they ask for help.
  • Options
    The new in-game chat notifications that say this player did that to such and such character are not a good idea, I'm afraid. It's spam, please remove it
    Your feeble skills are no match for the power of the Dark Side.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    It is spam. EA/CG want you to feel like "Uh oh...everyone's getting better except me!!" :o

lol

• Options
    +1
    Absolutely! And now, the problem is only getting worse with all the useless promotion/mod/gear notifications constantly flashing through.
  • Options
    +1
  • SpeedRacer
    1037 posts Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    Overall is an expected update, level to 85 and new gears.

It has been a while, Teebo stealth not fixed?

Where's new toons at shipments from GW and Cantina?

Thanks
  • Options
    Can we get rid of this activity again for 80+? Its a serious barrier to getting an omega each day if you didn't sandbag and leave a bunch of junk characters undergeared. Given how long it's going to take to get to 85 (where presumably it goes away again),I feel this wasn't considered, unless you just dont intend for us to get our daily activities each day, as we'll be stuck dumping hundreds of energy into farming a blue gear slot for characters we dont even intend to use.

I do. I have pretty much no one that can take them. I'm good for maybe 2 weeks before I have to start farming blues/purples for losers like Mob Enforcer and Night Sisters. Its going to take months to get to 85 (and then the cap will raise again).

Moreover, this kind of achievement forces you to play in a counterintuitive way. Keep playing long enough, and you have to farm chump guys to mule pieces on one at a time. When you can gear a new guy, it wants you dole those out rather than equipping everything at once. This is the ONLY daily activity like that. Everything else you can play/spend normally. Imagine if the "play 3" arena required you to do so after payout.

I agree it's a little silly, but the upgrade a mod is the same kind of thing. And I can't fathom someone that doesn't have scrubs with which to throw **** gear pieces on when you can't gear a toon you care about on a few days.

I believe you have to hit lvl 84 to start getting Omegas from the ability mat challenge.
  • StarSon
    7507 posts Member
    Options
    Scourge194 wrote: »
    The new in-game chat notifications that say this player made that upgrade to such and such are not a good idea, I'm afraid. It's spam; messages from players get lost in between all the detritus. It makes me want to just ignore IGC.

You've made IGC worse than useless; it's just annoying now. Please turn off these notifications

You can turn them off yourself if they bother you that much. Settings > Guild Settings > Off. I think they need a filter though, because I don't want to see the player notices, but do want the raid ones.

I believe you have to hit lvl 84 to start getting Omegas from the ability mat challenge.

Oh, yup, my bad.
  • Options

I don't understand the beef over this. There will be new toons coming out. There is a ton of new gear needed for toons (Yes, I know it won't be easy to collect it all quickly) and there are still plenty of easy gears at G5. You may just need to get to a new level to unlock them on some toons.

Your reward - 40 XP 2 crystals and some credits. Not much, but barely any effort is required. And over the course of the 2 months its going to take people to level, thats approximately 2400 experience and 120 crystals. For ftp, likely more (since it will take them longer to hit the cap) and can save some people days in leveling.

Bottom line, its free and a very simple task to complete. Just my two cents.
  • Quicksilver
    1175 posts Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    Brownie wrote: »

I don't understand the beef over this. There will be new toons coming out. There is a ton of new gear needed for toons (Yes, I know it won't be easy to collect it all quickly) and there are still plenty of easy gears at G5. You may just need to get to a new level to unlock them on some toons.

Your reward - 40 XP 2 crystals and some credits. Not much, but barely any effort is required. And over the course of the 2 months its going to take people to level, thats approximately 2400 experience and 120 crystals. For ftp, likely more (since it will take them longer to hit the cap) and can save some people days in leveling.

the beef is its tied to the daily omega and they dont release characters fast enough. What if they release a character that I want to gear up and use in arena right away? im supposed to give them one gear a day and get them to G11 in 2 months because of this lame daily? what about when I get to the point where my characters only need hard gears? (which will happen if I need to assign one gear a day) at these pitiful drop rates am I supposed to give characters a full stun gun or furnace each day? they removed it because it was dumb and knowing CG this is probably yet another oversight, im sure they dont want to punish people who payed to have a full roster at good gear levels by depriving them their daily XP and omegas, they are the ones that make the XP so important and tied to dailies, so why do this to players? if they dont remove this many people are going to have to spend a ton of energy every day to gear up some lame character they will never use, which deprives the characters they do want to use from getting geared up as quickly. Its not "free" as you say it costs energy which costs crystals which cost money, and its not "simple" to anyone who has all the characters at a semi-high gear level already
  • Options
    Dear EA/CG,

You forgot to add the achievement for finishing Stage 8 Cantina Battles. Please add it in... at your convenience of course.

Best Regards

Me
  • Options

What if they release a character that I want to gear up and use in arena right away? im supposed to give them one gear a day and get them to G11 in 2 months because of this lame daily? what about when I get to the point where my characters only need hard gears? (which will happen if I need to assign one gear a day) at these pitiful drop rates am I supposed to give characters a full stun gun or furnace each day? they removed it because it was dumb and knowing CG this is probably yet another oversight, im sure they dont want to punish people who payed to have a full roster at good gear levels by depriving them their daily XP and omegas, they are the ones that make the XP so important and tied to dailies, so why do this to players? if they dont remove this many people are going to have to spend a ton of energy every day to gear up some lame character they will never use, which deprives the characters they do want to use from getting geared up as quickly. Its not "free" as you say it costs energy which costs crystals which cost money, and its not "simple" to anyone who has all the characters at a semi-high gear level already

Guess we agree to disagree here. I can maybe see a problem for massive whales that have every single toon done. Assuming this is you, https://swgoh.gg/u/quicksilver/collection/ , I dont see the issue. You have 19 toons at Gear 5. Im sure you can find 60 easy to semi easy gears in there somewhere. You're going to eventually gear them anyway and every single player has to do this, so its not like it leaves you disadvantaged in any way.

New toons also take time to farm so they won't be arena ready immediately anyway. So slow gearing them from the beginning shouldn't be a problem.
  • Options

What if they release a character that I want to gear up and use in arena right away? im supposed to give them one gear a day and get them to G11 in 2 months because of this lame daily? what about when I get to the point where my characters only need hard gears? (which will happen if I need to assign one gear a day) at these pitiful drop rates am I supposed to give characters a full stun gun or furnace each day? they removed it because it was dumb and knowing CG this is probably yet another oversight, im sure they dont want to punish people who payed to have a full roster at good gear levels by depriving them their daily XP and omegas, they are the ones that make the XP so important and tied to dailies, so why do this to players? if they dont remove this many people are going to have to spend a ton of energy every day to gear up some lame character they will never use, which deprives the characters they do want to use from getting geared up as quickly. Its not "free" as you say it costs energy which costs crystals which cost money, and its not "simple" to anyone who has all the characters at a semi-high gear level already

Guess we agree to disagree here. I can maybe see a problem for massive whales that have every single toon done. Assuming this is you, https://swgoh.gg/u/quicksilver/collection/ , I dont see the issue. You have 19 toons at Gear 5. Im sure you can find 60 easy to semi easy gears in there somewhere. You're going to eventually gear them anyway and every single player has to do this, so its not like it leaves you disadvantaged in any way.

New toons also take time to farm so they won't be arena ready immediately anyway. So slow gearing them from the beginning shouldn't be a problem.

the very easiest gear piece I need on even my lowliest character is the 5 blue droid caller things, having to farm 5 of those a day is still me wasting almost a full refresh every day due to poor drop rates, so you think its reasonable I need to waste a refresh every day to gear some useless character? I only have so many spots left that even need just 5 blue gears, after that its minimum of 10 or 20 blue gears

it does leave me disadvantaged because NOT every player has to do this like you say, other players that dont have all their characters geared can just assign a gear level 1 gear to their lowly character everyday, something they have 500 of already sitting around, something they dont need to waste a refresh farming every single day

not all new toons take time to farm, a lot of people have tons of gw, arena, cantina credits stocked and can get a character to 7* in no time, so if I get a new character I should give them 1 gear a day just to meet this daily, thus taking 2+ months to gear them up for no reason other than this dumb daily?
  • Options
    Glad this is already being discussed and criticized.
    I'll prop a couple of the notions already mentioned.
    1. I hate, hate, hate this daily activity being back; as has already been pointed out, it is a goofy notion to the point where I wonder (and hope) that it is a bug that will soon be fixed. I'll be able to tackle it for a little while because I just happened to have a few lower level characters that I'm planning on building up for GW skirmish teams. But this activity severely de-optimizes my daily build algorithm, which significantly reduces the funness of the game for me.
    2. I'm autistic, and very OCD about the state of my roster; I'm glad (but not surprised) that I'm not alone in this, and will proudly stand up and say, "Yeah, me too." to that. I was *so* happy when the fill a gear slot every day requirement went away, because it messes with an order about the game that I greatly enjoy. Let me worry about how and when I fill gear slots; I'm not level 10, I get it already.
    I just promoted a character's gear level, and was happy when I got to the next level that I already had what I needed to fill five more slots, all of which I immediately filled with glee. And immediately after doing that, I felt that "oops" tang of stomach pinching regret; I should have waited five more days to fill each of those slots one day at a time. <sigh> Yuck, mini-barf, gag, swallow. I already have to delay and slow down mod upgrades; having to again slow down gear upgrades is just a double-kick in the junk.
    But I'm wondering: When this daily activity first went away, I can't recall exactly what happened. I seem to recall that it disappeared when I reached level 80 (though this may have been incidental). I'm hoping that this is the case now, when we reach level 85, having to fill a gear slot every day to get an omega chit will go away.
    Any word from folks in the know on this last notion? Will this daily goal go away again when we re-reach max level?
  • Options
    This was always a thing. I don't know why people did not see this coming. You make stupid mistakes, you pay the consequences. That's how this game has always worked, you always had to think of the future. Let's not even get into the fact that you wasted gear on worthless characters
  • Options

the very easiest gear piece I need on even my lowliest character is the 5 blue droid caller things, having to farm 5 of those a day is still me wasting almost a full refresh every day due to poor drop rates, so you think its reasonable I need to waste a refresh every day to gear some useless character? I only have so many spots left that even need just 5 blue gears, after that its minimum of 10 or 20 blue gears

it does leave me disadvantaged because NOT every player has to do this like you say, other players that dont have all their characters geared can just assign a gear level 1 gear to their lowly character everyday, something they have 500 of already sitting around, something they dont need to waste a refresh farming every single day

not all new toons take time to farm, a lot of people have tons of gw, arena, cantina credits stocked and can get a character to 7* in no time, so if I get a new character I should give them 1 gear a day just to meet this daily, thus taking 2+ months to gear them up for no reason other than this dumb daily?

1 - You can ask your guild to help you with 10 blue gears every single day if necessary.

2 - There are some toons with a few really easy requirements at G6. Like Asajj. So you won't have to waste a refresh every single day.

3 - Most competitive whales on your shard should be in a similar situation as you thus you are not disadvantaged. And if you even say you are disadvantaged against the ftp, we will never agree on anything. You are going to refresh more, buy more, get to level 85 faster than, acquire more omegas, etc. than any ftp. So if your advantage is lessened slightly, I think thats fair.

4 - You are right, not all toons take time to farm. But the new hard nodes and cantina nodes where the new toons will likely appear, will take time to farm.
This discussion has been closed.