Game Update 10/11/2016 (Comments and Questions) ***MEGATHREAD***

Replies

• Kozispoon
    3245 posts EA Staff (retired)
    Options
    Edited Game updates with further elucidation!
    • 81+ gear has been added to Shipments (Please note this will not be seen until players reach level 81 on their account)
    Thank you for your patience 8D Forum Guidelines
  • EpsilonDelta
    40 posts Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    • 81+ gear has been added to Shipments (Please note this will not be seen until players reach level 81 on their account)
    This is was my assumption due to the fact that I saw no difference in gear from shipments.
  • EpsilonDelta
    40 posts Member
    edited October 2016
    Options

• Options

new to gaming are we?

Spasti are we?

• Options
    Lexe0815 wrote: »

new to gaming are we?

Spasti are we?

I am not the one crying for xp
  • Options
    @CG_Kozispoon @BentWookiee

Could you clarify what the new achievement for cantina is because I'm not seeing it as something I can achieve. I do see the new achievements for LS and DS.
    I am the Reaper
  • Ultra
    11575 posts Moderator
    Options

can we get the name of those gear and crystal prices for those gear?
  • Options
    The daily never went away, its been sitting dormant until such a time to really blank you up. That said, thanks ea for this great game, bring on the ships!
  • Kozispoon
    3245 posts EA Staff (retired)
    Options
    I just got a notification in Guild Chat that one of our members increased the gear level of Stormtrooper Han to Tier VII. This must be a new thing. Is this really necessary? Am I going to get spammed every time a guild mate gears up?
    @CG_Kozispoon

Almost sure this has been responded to, but just to reiterate!
    Go to *Settings* -> *Guild Settings* -> *Announcements can be turned ON or OFF*
    Thank you for your patience 8D Forum Guidelines
  • Options
    I just got a notification in Guild Chat that one of our members increased the gear level of Stormtrooper Han to Tier VII. This must be a new thing. Is this really necessary? Am I going to get spammed every time a guild mate gears up?
    @CG_Kozispoon

@CG_Kozispoon Unfortunately, this also disables raid announcements and notifications of players entering/leaving your guild. Any chance of introducing the option to filter which announcements we see?
  • Options
    msb14 wrote: »
    @CG_Kozispoon

@CG_Kozispoon Unfortunately, this also disables raid announcements and notifications of players entering/leaving your guild. Any chance of introducing the option to filter which announcements we see?

It would be really great if we could have some controls to select which announcements we want to see!
  • Options
    kello_511 wrote: »
    @CG_Kozispoon

It would be really great if we could have some controls to select which announcements we want to see!

Why is it a big deal?
  • Options
    Cashavelli wrote: »
    @CG_Kozispoon

Why is it a big deal?

As a guild leader, it would be incredibly inefficient to have to go into my guild roster every day to see if someone leaves or joins. Not to mention how difficult it would be to figure out who exactly left or joined.
  • Options
    @CG_Kozispoon

Why is it a big deal?

As a guild leader, it would be incredibly inefficient to have to go into my guild roster every day to see if someone leaves or joins. Not to mention how difficult it would be to figure out who exactly left or joined.

Yes, I get all that. But how do the new announcements hinder your ability to do so?
  • Options
    @CG_Kozispoon

Why is it a big deal?

Yes, I get all that. But how do the new announcements hinder your ability to do so?

@Cashavelli they clog up the chat feed, so unless I'm constantly in game, I might miss someone leaving or joining because it would get bumped too far up into the chat and eventually disappear. I don't think it would be too difficult to implement a filter option for chat, similar to how we can filter characters.
  • Options
    @CG_Kozispoon

Why is it a big deal?

@Cashavelli they clog up the chat feed, so unless I'm constantly in game, I might miss someone leaving or joining because it would get bumped too far up into the chat and eventually disappear. I don't think it would be too difficult to implement a filter option for chat, similar to how we can filter characters.

Apart from the impact on Guild Management, I just find the constant stream of who did what to whom tedious. In our guild if we did something new that we were proud of we would share it as group banter. This stream of posts feels a lot like spam and as stated above I find myself also constantly scrolling back looking for more important/interesting comments.

At least put a filter option to the chat room so we can turn player upgrade notifications on or off independent of Raid notifications.
  • Options
    @CG_Kozispoon

Thanks, Kozi. I did find that setting.
  • SpeedRacer
    1037 posts Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    Agreed, that will help again for leader/officers.

• Options
    @CG_Kozispoon

If disabling all announcements is the solution, what is planned for the near future? Surely when your team discussed adding the gear upgraded notice, they must have had a contingency plan to allow for us to opt out but not at the expense of receiving valueable notices?
  • Rumpelstilzchen
    1754 posts Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    Well when the changes to GW went live, and the fixes of fixes , JS said "it's supposed to be hard". So I figure Guild Spams answer from CG will be "hey, it's supposed to be annoying" lol
    Post edited by Rumpelstilzchen on
  • Options
    I set up a facebook group for my guild. No third party app required and you can setup a anonymous account usibg a random avatar to join in. Allows us to chat and coordinate and keeps messagws up as long as we want. We can akso share resources on the game (vids, forum posts, etc.).
  • Options
    ddlooping2 wrote: »
    I haven't read the whole thread yet (I intend to) but I had to post this question: 24 GW nodes? How come I only have 12?? What am I missing here? :/

You can go into a GW battle and retreat. This allows you to save your battles for the guild challenge and still complete the daily activity requirement.

• Bossk_Hogg
    335 posts Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    Brownie wrote: »
    so its OK if some players cant get a daily omega or complete their daily tasks for XP because 95% of other players can do it? that doesnt make it right. its not like its some optional thing, everyone needs the XP and omegas.

How about the devs dont implement things like this that prevent even 0.0001% of players from physically being able to complete their daily tasks? if its impossible even to 1 person to complete this within the paramaters they setup for the game then it should obviously be changed

But you CAN do it. You just don't want to because it will be hard.

I'm really not trying to make this between you and I, but you keep giving me stuff to respond to.

They could change it to equipping a raid piece of gear as well. Are you OK with that? I mean, you CAN do it right? So any amount of being screwed over is fine!
    KyloRey wrote: »
    LynnYoda wrote: »
    Yes it is a joke every character i have is at gear 8 in preperation for the last tournament. every one needs at least 1 50 piece gear. so now i have to farm a character i was not going to just to be able to equip a piece of gear to complete the daily. even then i am losing out on the omega mats until i am able to unlock a character which could be days away. on top of that all of europe lose out on the double GW drops on the day where most done up to 24 nodes for the daily activity. try making it fair for everyone this game just gets worse with every update.

You're saying there isn't 1 toon you have enough shards to activate that you can't level up to level 1 so you can put a piece of gear on him?

Not one character you have a long-term goal to promote that you have been farming the shards of, but haven't activated?

If not, then you have an impressive collection.

For me, I just got Raid Han yesterday and so I activated him and leveled him up and just put 1 piece of gear on him. It will take a long time to gear him 1 piece at a time and should allow me to do the daily achievement for quite some time.

And you dont find it dumb that you have to sandbag your newly unlocked character just to act as a daily gear mule?!
    Post edited by Bossk_Hogg on
  • Options
    Daily gear equip activity.... bad bad bad.

Except for raid han, most of my toons are higher level gear, and the pieces they need require a good bit of energy to get the missing bits... energy that could be better spent on my top row... which already suffers from collecting hundreds of bits at insanely poor drop rates.... really, this one this reeeaaally irks me.

Guild notifications... wth cg?

Not only was it not requested, but turning them off also turns off notifications we DO want to see. This should either have NOT been added, or had its own filter. **** about who activates lobot or CUP, or gears up/promotes some garbage toon. I DO care about raid launches and welcoming new players to my guild tho... dumb move on this new addition, i hate to say.

New gear....

As mentioned in the first item, higher level gear already has atrocious drop rates... and with energy being devoted to gearing up garbage toons just to makes sure we get the daily omega mats.... its a bit TOO much of a grind for those of us who can shell out some money, and the ftp'ers... the mega whales likely arent happy if their roster is all maxed out either....

Gw drops and timezones...

Thanks... but wow, kinda real slap in the face to the european players, dontcha think? Didnt anyone consider the guild activity schedule?

Hate for this to be mostly negative feedback.... but well... there just a lot more negatives in this update and how it was rolled out than not.

Do like that some toons will be able to get to g11 now.... but the grind, and that effing daily gear equip kinda kills the positive there....
  • Options
    Anybody else getting connection error. I cant get into game
  • Options

Great ! it's a bit like :
    - Dorctor i've got problem on my finger !
    - No problem i'll cut your arm and it'll be ok !
  • Options
    What can be said about this update?
    "Back to the grind" would sum it up.

Also, why did you re-add "Fill one equipment slot per day" to meet daily activity requirement? This was one of the good things you removed before (pure ticking the box exercise), now its back? Or is it a cheap way to gain more xp to grind?
  • Options
    " fill 1 character gear slot per day" shouldn't exist beyond level 80! player eventually runs out of characters to gear up. or at least beyond e.g. 20 characters at or above level 80.
  • Options
    KyloRey wrote: »
    LynnYoda wrote: »
    Yes it is a joke every character i have is at gear 8 in preperation for the last tournament. every one needs at least 1 50 piece gear. so now i have to farm a character i was not going to just to be able to equip a piece of gear to complete the daily. even then i am losing out on the omega mats until i am able to unlock a character which could be days away. on top of that all of europe lose out on the double GW drops on the day where most done up to 24 nodes for the daily activity. try making it fair for everyone this game just gets worse with every update.

You're saying there isn't 1 toon you have enough shards to activate that you can't level up to level 1 so you can put a piece of gear on him?

Not one character you have a long-term goal to promote that you have been farming the shards of, but haven't activated?

If not, then you have an impressive collection.

For me, I just got Raid Han yesterday and so I activated him and leveled him up and just put 1 piece of gear on him. It will take a long time to gear him 1 piece at a time and should allow me to do the daily achievement for quite some time.

No i do not i have completed GW with the exception of 1 who i have at 5* working to 7* , in squad arena working to level 1 up to 7* , cantina / LS + DS working to 7* 1 toon. to start farming another looking at least 3 -4 days which means unable to get omegas for those days. no i do not have an impressive collection i have around 50 unlocked and geared to level 8. as i said even to start farming another character it will take days to unlock any of them
  • Options
    Kronen wrote: »
    I set up a facebook group for my guild. No third party app required and you can setup a anonymous account usibg a random avatar to join in. Allows us to chat and coordinate and keeps messagws up as long as we want. We can akso share resources on the game (vids, forum posts, etc.).

I Set up a website for our guild with a great chat + forums for everyone to share similar idea but as i dont use facebook the site was an easier option for us. yes we still use guild chat and need it for raid announcements but the recent update to it makes it even more useless than it was.
This discussion has been closed.