Game Update 10/11/2016 (Comments and Questions) ***MEGATHREAD***

Replies

• Options
    Bossk_Hogg wrote: »
    Brownie wrote: »
    so its OK if some players cant get a daily omega or complete their daily tasks for XP because 95% of other players can do it? that doesnt make it right. its not like its some optional thing, everyone needs the XP and omegas.

How about the devs dont implement things like this that prevent even 0.0001% of players from physically being able to complete their daily tasks? if its impossible even to 1 person to complete this within the paramaters they setup for the game then it should obviously be changed

But you CAN do it. You just don't want to because it will be hard.

I'm really not trying to make this between you and I, but you keep giving me stuff to respond to.

They could change it to equipping a raid piece of gear as well. Are you OK with that? I mean, you CAN do it right? So any amount of being screwed over is fine!
    KyloRey wrote: »
    LynnYoda wrote: »
    Yes it is a joke every character i have is at gear 8 in preperation for the last tournament. every one needs at least 1 50 piece gear. so now i have to farm a character i was not going to just to be able to equip a piece of gear to complete the daily. even then i am losing out on the omega mats until i am able to unlock a character which could be days away. on top of that all of europe lose out on the double GW drops on the day where most done up to 24 nodes for the daily activity. try making it fair for everyone this game just gets worse with every update.

You're saying there isn't 1 toon you have enough shards to activate that you can't level up to level 1 so you can put a piece of gear on him?

Not one character you have a long-term goal to promote that you have been farming the shards of, but haven't activated?

If not, then you have an impressive collection.

For me, I just got Raid Han yesterday and so I activated him and leveled him up and just put 1 piece of gear on him. It will take a long time to gear him 1 piece at a time and should allow me to do the daily achievement for quite some time.

And you dont find it dumb that you have to sandbag your newly unlocked character just to act as a daily gear mule?!

The daily gear requirement doesn't really bother me, to be honest. Its an achievement in the game. Grinding is an aspect of the game. I'm pretty sure guys like you and me still wouldn't be playing if doing achievements like this annoyed us.

I employed the same strategy to fulfill the requirement when I grinded to level 80 so I will just use the same to grind to 85.
  • Hobnob
    1097 posts Member
    Options
    Can we have another credit heist, I got bored and accidentally spent all my credits levelling up things I don't need and have no intention of using. Thanks. Chow.
  • Options
    KyloRey wrote: »
    Yes it is a joke every character i have is at gear 8 in preperation for the last tournament. every one needs at least 1 50 piece gear. so now i have to farm a character i was not going to just to be able to equip a piece of gear to complete the daily. even then i am losing out on the omega mats until i am able to unlock a character which could be days away. on top of that all of europe lose out on the double GW drops on the day where most done up to 24 nodes for the daily activity. try making it fair for everyone this game just gets worse with every update.

You're saying there isn't 1 toon you have enough shards to activate that you can't level up to level 1 so you can put a piece of gear on him?

Not one character you have a long-term goal to promote that you have been farming the shards of, but haven't activated?

If not, then you have an impressive collection.

For me, I just got Raid Han yesterday and so I activated him and leveled him up and just put 1 piece of gear on him. It will take a long time to gear him 1 piece at a time and should allow me to do the daily achievement for quite some time.

No i do not i have completed GW with the exception of 1 who i have at 5* working to 7* , in squad arena working to level 1 up to 7* , cantina / LS + DS working to 7* 1 toon. to start farming another looking at least 3 -4 days which means unable to get omegas for those days. no i do not have an impressive collection i have around 50 unlocked and geared to level 8. as i said even to start farming another character it will take days to unlock any of them

Well, unfortunately you are in a situation where you are stuck between a rock and a hard place.

I'm not sure how many of us are in your situation, though. I'm sure there are others, but I think most players have a toon that they can gear 1 piece at a time to fulfill the daily achievement.

I have 62 unlocked toons, but at least 10 of them are hardly geared up at all and easy to gear 1 piece at a time.
  • Options
    Ditch the guild members achievements notices... it's more annoying than useful... hinders ingame communication... no thanks
  • Naw
    969 posts Member
    Options
    Topcatv2 wrote: »
    Ditch the guild members achievements notices... it's more annoying than useful... hinders ingame communication... no thanks

Don't ditch them, just make it possible to turn them off independently of the other notifications.

• Klocko
    1017 posts Member
    Options
    I was halfway through GW when the double drops started. I missed out on some double drops which I don't mind but now I don't have a multiple of 400! Nooooooo!

No joke, I would end my next GW early and lose rewards for the sake of having multiples of 400 lol.

Lol. Glad to know I'm not the only one who does this!
  • Options
    I just got a notification in Guild Chat that one of our members increased the gear level of Stormtrooper Han to Tier VII. This must be a new thing. Is this really necessary? Am I going to get spammed every time a guild mate gears up?
    @CG_Kozispoon

Almost sure this has been responded to, but just to reiterate!
    Go to *Settings* -> *Guild Settings* -> *Announcements can be turned ON or OFF*

@CG_Kozispoon, this is an insufficient fix. We still want Raid notifications and notifications of members leaving/joining.
  • Options
    Has Darth Maul had a stealth gear switch??? I knew pre update he could reach gear 11, now according to:

https://swgoh.gg/characters/darth-maul/gear/

He now requires gold gear to reach 11? I've been working on him on/off for awhile and had him one gear piece away from 10 (stun cuffs of course) for a character that is totally unviable in raids or pvp I would be interested in hearing the justification for this if it is correct @EA_Jesse @CG_Kozispoon

He only works under a Palpatine lead in GW and for one of the few P2P characters left it's a bit of a slap in the face to those of us that have already shelled out for him to then put us at a disadvantage compared to others who already have him gear 11?
  • Options
    No, Darth Maul did not have a stealth gear switch. Prior to the update he could only reach gear level 10.
    Community Manager for Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes | Follow me on Twitter - Darokaz
  • Options
    @EA_Jesse can you please respond to these scores of complaints on the new update? Perhaps let us know if these new challenges will include the new gold gear that takes 200 pieces to fill one gear slot? Or if there will be plans to even the drop rate? I mean come on, gearing was borderline tolerable with the grind as it was, but now it'll be absolutely ridiculous.
  • Options
    @EA_Jesse,will the new raid be announced in October?thanks.
    where is darth jar jar?
  • Options
    Thanks @djvita,nice to know
    where is darth jar jar?
  • Options
    Astrid1381 wrote: »
    @EA_Jesse,will the new raid be announced in October?thanks.

It was announced end of August, future is always in motion:)
  • Options
    That guild chat spam is completely unnecessary!
  • Options
    I remember filling gear slots was a challenge when I first played and it disappeared. It's a bit frustrating when a lot of the gear slots I want to spend energy filling require 10, 20 or even 50 of a given item and the drop rate means I'm often lucky to get 2 of the item if any. Same as the drop rate in the mod battles... 7 battles to get one mod???
  • Options
    It was a nice idea to have guild chat notify when other members upgrade their characters, but the notifications are way too frequent -- I am getting these notifications constantly and it has become an unwanted distraction from gameplay. Then, when I turn off notifications I can't see any of the chat thread at all. So my options are to either be inundated with notifications every time a guild member upgrades, or to disable notifications and see no chat thread at all? I suggest having more chat options than just "on" or "off".

That being said, the double drops are freaking awesome, and I am stoked about having new levels to play. Overall, it's an exciting update!
  • Options
    @EA_Jesse Apologies I had heard people talking about gear 11 Darth Maul on a podcast, guess they were incorrect.

On a side note could you perhaps look into making the Mk3 Droid Callers and MK5 power cells available in the higher tier challanges as these were taken out from tier 4 but all characters it seems need multiples of these especially for raid gear purposes. The STR challenge is just fine the way it is, I just hate having to choose between purple syringes and droid callers
  • Options
    Naw wrote: »

Don't ditch them, just make it possible to turn them off independently of the other notifications.

Both sending and receiving. If I don't want the game narc'n in me, it should be my choice to turn off big brother and preserve my privacy.
  • tRRRey
    2782 posts Member
    Options
    Naw wrote: »

Both sending and receiving. If I don't want the game narc'n in me, it should be my choice to turn off big brother and preserve my privacy.

Lmao your privacy was out the window the minute you installed this game
    https://swgoh.gg/u/trey 66/
    Make Zader Great Again!
  • Options
    Lol this is madness,i dont care that dominic promoted ugnaught to 7*
    where is darth jar jar?
  • Options
    Deja-vu: Poggle again gets "+Special Damage"-gear for no special attack ...
    Left by design.
    The fixed payout times are the worst part of this game and makes it absolutely family-unfriendly.
  • Options
    Are they gonna make Scoundrel challenges even harder than for level 80, now that the cap is 85?
  • Options
    Mihai29 wrote: »
    Ing256 wrote: »
    Raid notifications are useful, gear notifications? No, thanks. We should be able to switch them off independently

Go to settings....guild settings.....turn off announcement

Dude!! You don't get it! Doing that turns off all notifications including important raid ones. He is saying he wishes there was a way to just turn off the gear/character notifications
  • Options
    Mihai29 wrote: »
    Ing256 wrote: »
    Raid notifications are useful, gear notifications? No, thanks. We should be able to switch them off independently

Go to settings....guild settings.....turn off announcement

Dude!! You don't get it! Doing that turns off all notifications including important raid ones. He is saying he wishes there was a way to just turn off the gear/character notifications

Well....its not
    So,u either turn off everything or you leave it on
    Simple
  • Options
    Has anyone bitched about the new gear grind yet?! <sarcasm>
    You devs are some seriously sadistic a holes.
    My guild mates are the only thing keeping me hanging on by a thread.
    New challenge tiers?... but they're not unlocked for weeks...
    I seriously think some of you guys are BEGGING to be cut. At some point LOGIC will catch up & equalize this little time burner.
    Only a dozen maxed characters after almost 11 months of play & they need to re-enter the gear grind?! **** ludicrous
    ~ There is a great disturbance in the forum. ~
  • Options
    msb14 wrote: »
    I just got a notification in Guild Chat that one of our members increased the gear level of Stormtrooper Han to Tier VII. This must be a new thing. Is this really necessary? Am I going to get spammed every time a guild mate gears up?
    @CG_Kozispoon

@CG_Kozispoon Unfortunately, this also disables raid announcements and notifications of players entering/leaving your guild. Any chance of introducing the option to filter which announcements we see?
    Shimrra wrote: »

Great ! it's a bit like :
    - Dorctor i've got problem on my finger !
    - No problem i'll cut your arm and it'll be ok !

Yes & Yes.
    How about increasing the filter to only announce gear 10+, 7*, lvl 85 etc... ? Please!
  • Options
    Lol - some of the complaining in this thread makes me look like I'm an EA/CG cheerleader, shill, fanboi, etc.

Sure the guild chat thing is a little annoying, but hardly a major issue. Raised cap = new gear (and new grinding) - but what exactly was everyone expecting? And there will be new levels to get it. New challenges too - which is great! More ways to earn this new gear. And the new raid hasn't even dropped yet - there will probably also be new gear there as well.

For those of you complaining that the new challenges and levels and nodes won't be "unlocked for weeks" - congrats! You have new goals in the game.

I mean seriously - people are upset that they aren't "done" or didn't "win" yet? That now they have to continue playing the game? :D

Balances, bug fixes and more stuff to strive for. Yep, that's stuff to be up-in-arms about.

In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Options
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    Lol - some of the complaining in this thread makes me look like I'm an EA/CG cheerleader, shill, fanboi, etc.

Sure the guild chat thing is a little annoying, but hardly a major issue. Raised cap = new gear (and new grinding) - but what exactly was everyone expecting? And there will be new levels to get it. New challenges too - which is great! More ways to earn this new gear. And the new raid hasn't even dropped yet - there will probably also be new gear there as well.

For those of you complaining that the new challenges and levels and nodes won't be "unlocked for weeks" - congrats! You have new goals in the game.

I mean seriously - people are upset that they aren't "done" or didn't "win" yet? That now they have to continue playing the game? :D

Balances, bug fixes and more stuff to strive for. Yep, that's stuff to be up-in-arms about.

You're sticking up for the gear grind?!!
    Wow... You used to have some logical opinions. This is why I mostly ignore the forums now. And... back to ignore.
  • Options

I disagree, it has encouraged conversation and congratulation in our guild. Idky ppl are making a fuss. Turn it off or just live with it till a possible filter fix. Which will probably happen now you've all ruined another thread with your negative & demanding ****.
This discussion has been closed.