Game Update 10/11/2016 (Comments and Questions) ***MEGATHREAD***

Replies

• tRRRey
    2782 posts Member
    Options
    Bon_El wrote: »
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    Lol - some of the complaining in this thread makes me look like I'm an EA/CG cheerleader, shill, fanboi, etc.

Sure the guild chat thing is a little annoying, but hardly a major issue. Raised cap = new gear (and new grinding) - but what exactly was everyone expecting? And there will be new levels to get it. New challenges too - which is great! More ways to earn this new gear. And the new raid hasn't even dropped yet - there will probably also be new gear there as well.

For those of you complaining that the new challenges and levels and nodes won't be "unlocked for weeks" - congrats! You have new goals in the game.

I mean seriously - people are upset that they aren't "done" or didn't "win" yet? That now they have to continue playing the game? :D

Balances, bug fixes and more stuff to strive for. Yep, that's stuff to be up-in-arms about.

You're sticking up for the gear grind?!!
    Wow... You used to have some logical opinions. This is why I mostly ignore the forums now. And... back to ignore.

Lol Nikoms just can't catch a break :lol:
    https://swgoh.gg/u/trey 66/
    Make Zader Great Again!
  • Options
    To be honest, the level cap doesn't bother me. Though I'd prefer not to have it as I'm still expanding my roster, the grind for each level eases the pressure to top up your best toons. Also, according to a data mine, it's 1.6m credits to bring a toon from 80 to 85. That's really not as bad as I imagined it would be. It's manageable.

What worries me is the gear grind and the fact that nothing is being done to address the stun cuff/gun issue. It's worse than raid gear now I take part in heroics.
    .GG Profile | Got spaces on my ally list.
  • Options
    that's why they merge it.. :smile: I expect to make just Complains Megathread... :smile:
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    Lol - some of the complaining in this thread makes me look like I'm an EA/CG cheerleader, shill, fanboi, etc.

Sure the guild chat thing is a little annoying, but hardly a major issue. Raised cap = new gear (and new grinding) - but what exactly was everyone expecting? And there will be new levels to get it. New challenges too - which is great! More ways to earn this new gear. And the new raid hasn't even dropped yet - there will probably also be new gear there as well.

For those of you complaining that the new challenges and levels and nodes won't be "unlocked for weeks" - congrats! You have new goals in the game.

I mean seriously - people are upset that they aren't "done" or didn't "win" yet? That now they have to continue playing the game? :D

Balances, bug fixes and more stuff to strive for. Yep, that's stuff to be up-in-arms about.

Wow... You used to have some logical opinions. This is why I mostly ignore the forums now. And... back to ignore.

Lol - not "sticking up for it" per se. Just realizing that when they raise the cap, and more gear is introduced, there is going to be certain amount of gear grind. Did you expect them to raise the cap and have all the new gear slots be fillable with Mk 1 Stun Guns?

Honestly, people being "surprised" about more gear grind is similar to people being surprised that the new challenges/levels are going to be harder or that the Credit Heist was adjusted to account for mods.

Sorry if you find my logical point about gear grinding after the level cap increase somehow inconsistent with my previously logical opinions. ;)

When I complain, people rip for being too negative. When I say something nice, people rip for being to positive. Apparently, I am not a good politician. I LOVE the forums!
    Post edited by Nikoms565 on
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Options

Lol - not "sticking up for it" per se. Just realizing that when they raise the cap, and more gear is introduced, there is going to be certain amount of gear grind. Did you expect them to raise the cap and have all the new gear slots be fillable with Mk 1 Stun Guns?

Honestly, people being "surprised" about more gear grind is similar to people being surprised that the new challenges/levels are going to be harder or that the Credit Heist was adjusted to account for mods.

Literally just pulled this back up because I got to thinking what I said was a little harsh. I really don't pay much much attn. any more, but when I did, your "voice" was one of the few I didn't mind reading.

So... what I expected... I thought the, ridiculous grind, gold gear would be end game level. i.e. 100 (or wherever we end up). I've considered my quit date to be when the gear grind was increased & was surprised to see that now at 85 so I'm struggling with whether to keep going. More difficult challenge levels / credit heist... not the same thing. Of course they'll be harder (and should be - who would want it any other way?).

The better introspective question would be why do we have an emotional attachment to this aggravating game? Part of it... we (I) have an active guild that actually talks. So, yes, the mundane X increased Tarkin to 5* gets in the way & now we cant scroll back to where left off in the convo. This actually makes us not want to read chat and/or turn it off and miss the more important updates. It's a negative. Is it ruining my life - No. It's not horrible. I'm just saying increase the filter to more noteworthy events.
    As far as balances & bug fixes... I stopped asking for a fix to Asajj @6 months ago (1 example). They do very little that doesn't involve an ROI. It's like they do nothing without asking WIIFM.
    ~ There is a great disturbance in the forum. ~
  • Options

Literally just pulled this back up because I got to thinking what I said was a little harsh. I really don't pay much much attn. any more, but when I did, your "voice" was one of the few I didn't mind reading.

So... what I expected... I thought the, ridiculous grind, gold gear would be end game level. i.e. 100 (or wherever we end up). I've considered my quit date to be when the gear grind was increased & was surprised to see that now at 85 so I'm struggling with whether to keep going. More difficult challenge levels / credit heist... not the same thing. Of course they'll be harder (and should be - who would want it any other way?).

The better introspective question would be why do we have an emotional attachment to this aggravating game?

For me, that one is easy. Star Wars.

Although my guild is also a large reason now as well. I do hear you and the frustration over the grind, but for me, after living through the last two increases, I guess I just expected it. It's part of the game. Maybe that makes me jaded or used to it - but it just didn't bother me much.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
  • pargame
    989 posts Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    I think that this update was bad thing... I even think that they should never increase level cap again...
    Increasing level cap increases amount of time that everybody needs to make a new toon viable
    till now everyone needs about a month to max new toon. if they increase level cap to 90 we will need.. two months and this is really long time and game will become boring. with new toons and events they can keep game interesting. I also don't like to buff toons, but they can release toons with synergy and this way to make existing toons viable - lets say new Jedi that buffs Windu when are in team.
    Otherwise update is as expected... except that I wanted to have some new content available immediately.. :smile:
  • Options
    pargame wrote: »
    I think that this update was bad thing... I even think that they should never increase level cap again...
    Increasing level cap increases amount of time that everybody needs to make a new toon viable
    till now everyone needs about a month to max new toon. if they increase level cap to 90 we will need.. two months and this is really long time and game will become boring. with new toons and events they can keep game interesting. I also don't like to buff toons, but they can release toons with synergy and this way to make existing toons viable - lets say new Jedi that buffs Windu when are in team.
    Otherwise update is as expected... except that I wanted to have some new content available immediately.. :smile:

Valid point. Obviously, any new toon added to the game will become more difficult to bring up to max as they raise the cap.

To a certain extent, though, gear + credits should be easier to obtain (if you don't already have most of it on hand). As long as the new levels and challenges and events have lesser gear in addition (not instead of) higher-level gear, that should help mitigate that to an extent.

• Options
    I wouldn't even be angry about the new grind for the gear if it was somewhat rewarding... but seriously it looks more like a cruel April 1st joke in October.
    unnamed_zpsvvvy6ard.png
    unnamed1_zps8di4nnse.png
  • pargame
    989 posts Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    pargame wrote: »

Valid point. Obviously, any new toon added to the game will become more difficult to bring up to max as they raise the cap.

To a certain extent, though, gear + credits should be easier to obtain (if you don't already have most of it on hand). As long as the new levels and challenges and events have lesser gear in addition (not instead of) higher-level gear, that should help mitigate that to an extent.

In general you are right.
    I think it is possible to have just one way this game to progress:
    1. Increasing level cap and adding small amount of new toons - so players to have time to max it
    2. to release many toons and keep current level cap.

I just prefer second :smile:

EDIT: 1 is just more boring - you have to level up all your existing toons. I also think that it is better to have choice which toons to have and not have and to be able to play without some toons. First way leads to have all toons or at least some players will have it
  • Options
    warmonkey wrote: »
    So back to only focusing on my top five arena team again. Just when it was starting to get fun leveling and gearing lesser used toons. Yawn.
    +1

• Options
    kello_511 wrote: »
    Can I say that I don't love the new in-game guild chat notifications? Every time a guild mate unlocks a new character, adds a star level to one, etc. it is announced in guild chat.
    Yep total c*ap, so annoying! But my guild mate told me to go to options guild chat to turn it off. Thank goodness. Now I do not have random messages pop up & distract me when I'm in the middle of battles.

• Options
    I just got a notification in Guild Chat that one of our members increased the gear level of Stormtrooper Han to Tier VII. This must be a new thing. Is this really necessary? Am I going to get spammed every time a guild mate gears up?
    @CG_Kozispoon
    or stars up, unlocks a char or aquires a new mod. Yes, ridiculous!

• Options
    Please fire whoever had the bright idea to spam message us in guild chat....#annoyed

Turning it off now
    +1000.
  • Options
    I just got a notification in Guild Chat that one of our members increased the gear level of Stormtrooper Han to Tier VII. This must be a new thing. Is this really necessary? Am I going to get spammed every time a guild mate gears up?
    @CG_Kozispoon

Almost sure this has been responded to, but just to reiterate!
    Go to *Settings* -> *Guild Settings* -> *Announcements can be turned ON or OFF*

@CG_Kozispoon, this is an insufficient fix. We still want Raid notifications and notifications of members leaving/joining. +1. All the green announcements have now gone.

• Options
    kello_511 wrote: »
    Can I say that I don't love the new in-game guild chat notifications? Every time a guild mate unlocks a new character, adds a star level to one, etc. it is announced in guild chat.
    Yep total c*ap, so annoying! But my guild mate told me to go to options guild chat to turn it off. Thank goodness. Now I do not have random messages pop up & distract me when I'm in the middle of battles.

There are a few issues with it.
    If there were some way to make two separate streams, one with announcements and one with actual chat, that would be great.
    Or if there were a way to toggle announcement types on/off would be nice.
    Or a way to make certain messages "sticky" so that they don't scroll off screen.

I'm not really opposed to getting the messages so much (it's a bit annoying but I could get over that), it's just the problem that it sort of takes over the rest of the chat window that causes a problem.

One nice thing is it can help you see when people are active in the game. If you need to message a guild member, you can do so right after you see that he has done something and have a good chance of getting a response.
  • Options
    ToonWalker wrote: »
    What is it with the new chat, as if it wasn't bad enough they go and spam it with members promotions and gear levels.
    This chat is really bad there not enough space to write what you want, the chat history disappears quickly. so they now go and take up all the space up with this useless spam.
    what we need is;
    *more characters space in chat
    *longer chat history
    *a way to PM members inbox
    *a way of seeing whos online
    + on several occasions chat has gone crazy on me. Frozen & had a mind of its own. I could only write 1 or 2 words at a time & in the end given up on what I wanted to say.
  • Options
    Hobnob wrote: »
    Personally like the in game notifications, it's funny busting people on their farming! Level cap is spot on, gear doesn't seem horrendous though nobody enjoys farming it regardless.

Just a bit annoyed that we got the update so late and on a GW day, just seems a bit unfair to make European players be a day behind in terms of xp and double drop, not really sure what the thinking was their, feel a bit of a 2nd class citizen! Lol
    in Australia id done my guild gws too. Bet it was planned that way.

• Options
    Anyone notice that teebo is now screwed at g10 as well as Rey? In the raids, teebo is supposed to have stealth for 3 turns. Sometimes stealth gets broken by the 1st turn and 2nd. I never get the 3rd. Also with teebo, the ratio of being resisted to reduce turn meter is now 3:1 basically everything gets resisted. Rey, she is not hitting as hard now. For t6 raids I used to pop 4mill damage on piggies and averaged 1.5mill on rancor rounds. Now when it's finished, I only total 4.7mill damage. DaFook?
  • Options
    Ledinis wrote: »
    I wouldn't even be angry about the new grind for the gear if it was somewhat rewarding... but seriously it looks more like a cruel April 1st joke in October.
    unnamed_zpsvvvy6ard.png
    unnamed1_zps8di4nnse.png
    @Ledinis
    +1

You forgot that other one... +2% potency for 100 salvage-that-drop-close-to-never-thingies!

This is exactly how I feel... More grind ok, but at least if it's for something to look forward to. This is just a very bad joke.
    ☮ Consular ☮ - https://swgoh.gg/u/tiggus/
  • Options
    Update came, but xp still shows max, anyone confirm

All my level 80's still show max xp. Are they going to be reset automatically so we can start moving them up to level 85 or do we need to do something else?
  • Options
    Brandonρ wrote: »
    You have to level up before you can increase your characters level

Oh yeah, been so long I had forgotten
  • Options
    Reading all the comments here and I don't see a single one about the leveling up past 80 to a cap of 85. Has anyone actually been able to level up any of their characters? I sure havent! The last cantina battle set is available along with the challenges. However I still don't have the option to level up chars... has anyone else leveled up past 80?
  • ToonWalker
    51 posts Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    How
  • Options
    What is it with the new chat, as if it wasn't bad enough they go and spam it with members promotions and gear levels.
    This chat is really bad there not enough space to write what you want, the chat history disappears quickly. so they now go and take up all the space up with this useless spam.
    what we need is;
    *more characters space in chat
    *longer chat history
    *a way to PM members inbox
    *a way of seeing whos online

How did my post end up here?
    I never commented in this thread, my comment was the start of my own thread.
  • Options
  • Options
    Has anyone noticed that the daily for equipping gear is now gone?
  • Options

It was merged by the mods into the megathread.
  • Options
    Astrid1381 wrote: »
    Lol this is madness,i dont care that dominic promoted ugnaught to 7*
    I do. :)

Who's Dominic? :/

• muttBunch
    12 posts Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    Did anyone see my post about teebo's stealth breaking too early? I cannot be the only one that noticed that
This discussion has been closed.