Tank takedown ( Merged thread)

Replies

• Options
    New raid is the most boring thing I have ever done in a video game. Speed it up! It sucks!
  • Options
    If anyone is interested, our guild is recruiting. We are well on our way to complete AAT heroic, we just need members with at least decent rosters who are willing to participate.

Message me if interested
  • Options
    Maraxus wrote: »
    RAYRAY wrote: »
    Here's an idea, raise the limit of daily attemps for normal. Let the guilds that have some people with big rosters be carried so they can end it in a reasonable amount of days.

This is a good idea to LVl a bit the field

I like this idea
  • Naw
    969 posts Member
    Options
    MonMothmon wrote: »
    Seriously people. This is an end game feature. Designed for players, whether ftp or whale who've maxed out most of their toons, spent time building Jedi counter & gr10 Jawa team knowing this was coming.

You don't realize that people complain about the normal mode, do you? Heroic the guilds can brute force through, but normal with its gazillion health and only daily attempts make it worse than the heroic!

I also advice you to have a look at the requirements for the normal raid. Gear lvl 8 is listed, 6* characters are listed. Which one of those implicates that it would be anywhere near the end game content?

There is a reason why there are so many heroic kills vs normal kills. It is not because most of the guilds blow, but because it is horribly tuned!

• Options
    I understand people saying this is end game content (really though? That seems premature to say that when there are so many holos yet to be unlocked), but good god. This raid is punishing and really not fun. I get that there should be a challenge and I'm all for that, but I legit don't think my guild can finish this in a month. That's redic. Teams like TI (not salty at them at all) can tear through anything like its nothing this included. But for the rest of us.... Please throw us a bone. This is turning into a legit trip to Mordor and my guild can't keep its eyes open through the first movie. Sean Bean is still live even! (And for the record, we're not a bad guild-we roll thru Rancor 7 in an hour or so.)
  • Options
    RAYRAY wrote: »
    Here's an idea, raise the limit of daily attemps for normal. Let the guilds that have some people with big rosters be carried so they can end it in a reasonable amount of days.

THIS would be a huge help.

• Tronixi
    58 posts Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    Sadly yet another content that is best for droids mainly HK lead and combined with jawas. Rebels wont even get close to overall damage what JE with droids can pull off mainly in phase 2. That is without fully maxed already exceeding 2.5m and not level 85.

If you dont have maxed droids and JE you will be left into dust.

And here we are thinking jawas or jedis got boosted for this raid will make it worth it. Sure you can go full jawa team but its not even close to what droids can do. Kinda hilarious that mostly droids in squad AGAINST droids do better than full jawa team despite the buff they get...
  • Options
    Please ... ... .... ...speed ... ... ...up ... ... ...the ... ... ... AAT. ... ... ...My ... ... ...lunch ... ... ... break ... ... ... is ... ... ... only ... ... ... an ... ... ... hour. ........Thanks.

• Options
    JPBrunel wrote: »
    Jetlife wrote: »
    @JPBrunel man don't throw a fit about it. You do realize none of us are even close to 85 with max gear and strategy yet.
    Get better each raid. That's how raids are suppose to work. Suppose to be a difficult team effort, at least heroic raids

I'm not throwing a fit, I'm simply stating a fact. I'm not hating, I congratulate and commend Team Instinct on their accomplishment. I think the devs did a great job... Maybe a little TOO good... The fact is it took about 1 hour for them to finish it. You're saying we shouldn't be able to finish it in the first week whilst some others finish it in the first hour? Like I said, this raid is only fun for the top 1%... I'm reading, most of them had to use 50-60 toons... And I'm not saying they don't deserve a raid where they can have fun too, that's fine with me. But let's not pretend that this raid was designed for EVERYONE to be able to succeed... I just wish the raid was more accessible to a wider range of guilds that's all...
    JPBrunel wrote: »
    Jetlife wrote: »
    @JPBrunel man don't throw a fit about it. You do realize none of us are even close to 85 with max gear and strategy yet.
    Get better each raid. That's how raids are suppose to work. Suppose to be a difficult team effort, at least heroic raids

I'm not throwing a fit, I'm simply stating a fact. I'm not hating, I congratulate and commend Team Instinct on their accomplishment. I think the devs did a great job... Maybe a little TOO good... The fact is it took about 1 hour for them to finish it. You're saying we shouldn't be able to finish it in the first week whilst some others finish it in the first hour? Like I said, this raid is only fun for the top 1%... I'm reading, most of them had to use 50-60 toons... And I'm not saying they don't deserve a raid where they can have fun too, that's fine with me. But let's not pretend that this raid was designed for EVERYONE to be able to succeed... I just wish the raid was more accessible to a wider range of guilds that's all...

• Options
    I concur. The developers have created a situation that can potentially tear guilds apart. If some can complete the raid in one hour and my very established guild is just now hitting P3 It makes everyone frustrated.
  • ARCTrooperFives
    737 posts Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    TheRHOMBUS wrote: »
    @TheRHOMBUS
    "Instant Entitlement" You clearly have no idea what you are talking about. Nobody is saying that they should have Kenobi in 2 days, or be able to beat the raid in a few hours.This raid is way too hard, and most guilds can't do it

I think you've proved my point perfectly. This raid is NOT too hard...and in time you and everyone else will realize that. The Devs have done a great job with the new content...I for one love the challenge.

My guild is seconds away from completing phase 1....finally. And it feels good...if we burned through the raid and were instantly gratified it wouldn't have given us a sense of accomplishment. That's what I meant by " instant entitlement" from reading the swarm of posts thinking this raid is " just too hard"...

QQ.

@TheRHOMBUS
    Now you are just speaking crazily. The raid is way too hard. The raid came out 4 days ago. If you think that 1 phase should take 4 days, then that is completely unreasonable. That is multiple weeks for 1 raid, and think of all of the guild currency that you will have wasted by the cap. So much wasted opportunity just because of the health. 30 million is way too much for only the first phase.

You also completely neglect the fact that most guilds are nowhere near what you think they are. The forums are a bad place to take a sample, because the casual guys will never go on here, only the devoted players will. There are tens of thousands of guilds, and you can't expect everyone to have everyone at level 80+, 5 maxed out teams. Most guilds probably have already given up because they can barely scratch P1.

The other problem is the raid gear. 5 levels will mean nothing when you can't get the raid gear to go along with it, and most can't save up to buy it from the shipments. This just discourages players to even try when they know they will be stuck and not able to beat it.

The main point is that 30 mil in phase 1, and probably more in the others is completely incomprehensible. As I have said, nobody is asking for kenobi in a week and to be able to solo it. People want a challenge, but this is simply way too much. Many people in this thread are in consistent T7 guilds, that can't even beat this raid in a week. The difference between the "T7" and "T6" in this is way too large, and most guilds don't get a chance. We have waited months for this, and we expected it to be beatable at all for most guilds. The very least they could do is add lower tiers, which I see no problem with.
  • Options
    Adding on, if there was some raid that is intended to be extremely long, then I would be fine with it. The problem is that the Hard difficulty isn't the grind that others are facing. A week long raid would be cool IMO, but only if everyone gets a chance, and the ones at the top don't get it easier. The Heroic difficulty shows that the raid is possible to beat in 2 days, which is the message that they would be trying to send, but this is just way too hard.
  • Options
    Day 5 - my guild has entered P2, only to have a tank that rotates slower than Jabba can move. Most of us just auto now, many are contemplating quitting or just not participating in the new raid. Even when we go all out it's going to be a month to finish. Raid isn't fun at all. I am pretty sure the devs haven't even played through an entire AAT raid, or maybe they did once and that's why it was delayed two months hmmm. The only suggestions I have are 1- create lower tiers please!! 2- speed up tank animations 3- reduce normals health by 75%, it would still take a week for most guilds 4- actually buff Jedis and Jawas, currently they do no better than unbuffed teams (Wiggs, etc.) 5- communicate with us, is it just me or has it been dead on the forums? Anyways hopefully this fiasco can be saved, I truly do like this game and hope for its success.
  • Options
    Tank raid is so long that after 4 days we just open p2

It becomes same as new mandatory activity everyday
    I m already tired of it
  • Options
    ...but most probably have a casual play style and have less than 20 members. If it was a problem to them, they would be on this forum, right?
    I am on the forum. ;)

• Options
    kello_511 wrote: »
    I think we now know why the raid was delayed so long before release...

They had to wait for the test group to actually finish a "normal" raid.

So true ... it matches how long it's going to take most guilds to finish ... :}>

• tiS
    129 posts Member
    Options
    Khayman wrote: »
    The hp is a tad overkill, why over 30 mil? Its just smacking against a wall eventually you will break through but why make it so **** long?

Yeh
  • Options
    Why is everyone concerned about "other guilds"? Just worry about your own guild. I mean, it's nice to be thinking of the, apparently 10,000 other guilds...but most probably have a casual play style and have less than 20 members. If it was a problem to them, they would be on this forum, right?

If you want to gear up quicker, and complete the new raid (which was only introduced 4 days ago) in under a month...Join a bigger guild....Merge...something... (My guild has room...and I'm sure most are looking to fill their rosters as well)

Should there be an easy tier?...yes. But there isn't. So let's all carry on like real gamers and figure this new raid out. Then we can go back to complaining about how easy everything has become and how we want new content.

I think most people have been venting about how the dynamic established by the new raid does hurt their own guild. Many guilds that are not capable of completing a T7 aat raid anytime soon are losing their top players to guilds that can complete it. As evidenced throughout the forums, there are many top players that are whales/doplhins that like their guilds, enjoy gaming with the people in their guilds, but feel torn between loyalty to those friends and wanting to keep helping them and better continuing their own game development by joining a guild where they have a chance. Kenobi looks so ridiculously OP that everyone wants him and there is nothing wrong with that. However, by staying in current guilds (and making sure to help others in the guild and give guidance and build them up), top players are losing out in the rat race against other top players in their arena, who will get Kenobi.

Personally, I am sure there will be multiple tweaks made and when ships come out and other characters that will balance out Kenobi, but as it is right now, this dynamic will lead to top guild consolidation and a reduction in the overall player base. While consolidating top guilds may be what CG wants, losing players certainly is not.

These reasons are why there is so much angst in the forums right now.
  • Rumpelstilzchen
    1754 posts Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    I think given no acknowledgement of adjusting the difficulty, or even monitoring it, and only focusing on possible exploiting, we can safely assume no changes in difficulty, and no additional tiers are being considered. Guilds imploding could be a desired (by CG) result. The AAT raid is designed to require a full guild. When you take into account, the level cap increase, the new gear, you can only conclude this was all planned out. From the anger of the players here, we can conclude one of 3 outcomes. Players will jump ship looking for stronger guilds, or they will quit. Some will ride it out, accepting their fate and limitations.

The main thing the players here will need to accept, is the voices here represent only a very small percentage of the playerbase. This has been stated by CG with reguards to HoDA, and here as well. "It's supposed to be hard" was the final word on Galactic War, and it will be the final word here. Vent, complain, throw tantrums get banned if you wish. It will change nothing. The way the game is going is clear. The progression is clear. They have a core group that influences balance etc. This is known, nothing short of divine intervention will change that.

My advice, find a way to enjoy the game, forget the raid. Forget the changes. It's their sandbox. Nothing we can do about it. Besides Dearies, catering to big spenders lets us play for free. Works for me.
  • Options
    The raid is amazingly boring. Possibly more boring than fishing in a video game. I literally have more fun rerolling player creation stats in Baldur's Gate for an hour than I do with this raid, which is hella boring.
  • Options
    Tank Takedown Raid is awful pain :/ Only if you pay $1,000, then you win this supid raid! That is not fair!
  • Steve78
    16 posts Member
    edited November 2016
    Options
    I love how people are saying "it's endgame content", "it's supposed to be hard", "get better toons", whatever. It's supposedly setup for (at a minimum) level 80 toons at 6*. Which sure, a lot of us probably have tons of. However, when you have 7* lvl 80's at gear level 8-10 getting demolished, and still only doing 80k, then there's something wrong.

In my opinion, they should either lower the difficulty of the normal raid, or release a lower level raid. My guild is pretty active, but we don't have any whales in it. And we're maybe 10% into phase 2. At this rate, it'll take a month to complete each Tank raid (if we're lucky), and the rewards don't really make it worth the time spent on a daily basis. We're still plugging along, but if something doesn't change, I don't know how many of us will continue participating in this raid at all.

Edit: Or else, increase the amount of rewards by a SIGNIFICANT amount. By that, I mean multiply the rewards by at LEAST 5. Possibly 10. Yes, I realize that's a 10m payout for first place, but it's also for a month's worth of work (at least for my guild, but I can't speak for others).
  • Options
    tank raid is a complete JOKE!!! my guild is still back on phase 1. down to 57%. we are all level 80 and some higher. i'm sure a small part of it has to do with the fact that it is a joke and we gave up a long time ago but this is ridiculous.
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    Options
    I'll reiterate a point I wrote on other topics. When people says "the raid is fine" they mean heroic is fine which I agree with. Normal diff. is way harder than heroic if you aren't able to do heroic. CG may opt to add lower diff. but that's not enough. Normal diff. needs to have the hp which can be depleted 2.66 days(80k cost/30k daily accumulation) with a guild let's say %80 heroic capable. Otherwise you are not only receiving worse rewards/no kenobi shards, you are receiving them at a far lower pace then daily coin accumulation. That's not something that can be -working as intented-. Make normal...normal.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Options
    holyjoe wrote: »
    tank raid is a complete JOKE!!! my guild is still back on phase 1. down to 57%. we are all level 80 and some higher. i'm sure a small part of it has to do with the fact that it is a joke and we gave up a long time ago but this is ridiculous.

Hang in there. Just get to phases 2 and 3 and bring out your droid team with JE and Nebit, who weren't much good in the Rancor raid and enjoy.

• medetec
    1571 posts Member
    Options
    Just wanted to swing by and voice my disapproval of the raid again. We're on our 4th normal AAT raid and pretty much everyone is just putting all the battles on full auto now Battles take too long, enemies act too slow, and the raid has far too much total hp on normal.

The main drive to getting to heroic isn't the rewards, it's to take less time playing the raid. That's just silly.
  • Options
    The devs have taken a LOT of crap since the games inception. I still think this raid was meant as a big middle finger to the critics.....lol