Thoughts on the tournament! (Merged Threads)

Replies

• Options
    In my tourney shard I've seen always 30 people with 7* shoretrooper
  • Options
    This tourney is just as one sided as the last one
  • Aniema
    602 posts Member
    edited November 2016
    Options
    Edited title for you. This thread is on an old speculative argument that if the game was just 'properly' balanced, whoever is currently upset about the balance could win, thus balancing the game (for that individual player anyway).

Like these guys are saying, you can't escape that there will always be an optimal setup, no matter how balanced it is. If you don't have the heroes that are currently optimal, try getting them yourself. No shame in using better tools for a job if they're sitting there for you.

But this is the thing..I have the toons that are currently optimal and that is exactly what I am using.

The problem is that I am spending 5k in ally coins every single time I battle right now. I can only use those optimal toons because that's the only way for a 100% for sure win.

Right now I am using Lando,Wedge,Biggs,STH and Palpatene. Over and over and over and over again. 5k in ally coins being spent over and over and over again as well. I'm not saying anything needs a nerf nor do I want anything nerfed....what I want is for the entire SWGOHs roster to be useful. It would be nice to use at least half of my toons before having to spend so much ally coins is the point I'm getting at. Instead I'm stuck using the same 8 toons because frankly 90% of this games roster is pathetic and useless.

I have 55 toons that are 7* mostly in G11/10/9 yet only 8 or 10 are what's keeping me in the top 10 of this tournament. There is something really wrong here and I can no longer take this game serious.

That's a general game issue, not a tournament issue.

Yes you are right it's a game issue...sadly it becomes more prevalent and noticeable when facing other people from other servers in a "pvp tournament".

• Options
    In my opinion not even worth it, in my bracket out of the top 50 players 8 of them have a 7*ST already maxed out with gear and mods. I'm sorry but as far as I'm concerned, they shouldn't even be allowed to participate, or should at least have there own separate bracket. I mean once I unlocked yoda, I was no longer allowed to keep doing that event. Do why should players that already have a 7* ST allowed to do this. Just my opinion
  • Options
    Here's a rule in making a game about collectibles, there has to be bad characters to sell good characters better.
    Take Yugioh and MtG. There are obviously bad cards, you don't buy these you buy the more expensive ones or buy boxes to "save" money for he chance of getting the rares.
  • Options
    medetec wrote: »
    Here's how tournaments should go. Each new character appears in only 1 tournament.

1st: 7*
    2-10: 6*
    11-200: 5*
    201-1000: 4*
    1001-5000: 3*
    5000+: 20 shards

1 month from the tournament end, the character is moved into a farm location, and a new tournament starts with a new character.

This would've made more sense TBH but cash grabbing and whales paying would've profited them more. With that system I think people would pay less than what they are now
  • Faroer
    246 posts Member
    edited November 2016
    Options
    Is it WAI that the score per battle shrinks to very small levels (+2/+6) as you climb Rank, but then doesn't grow again as you fall in rank? Does anyone know?
  • Options
    Yup, same as the last tourney, it's to keep it "competitive"
  • Poxx
    2288 posts Member
    Options
    There r more rewards than just Shoretrooper. Do u still get to do Rancor after u have 7* Han Solo ? Will u still be able to do AAT once u have 7* GK ? They aren't going to punish those that won last time so that u can score higher. Just my opinion.
  • Options
    TheRHOMBUS wrote: »
    Is that true? I don't remember last time.

So if you climb to rank 1 in the first 5 minutes of the tourney...and then not play for a few hours and drop to rank 1500...your tournament is over? Because you will never get the points to gain rank...is that right?

WAI
  • MBL_66
    2465 posts Member
    Options
    It's not based on your highest rank and has nothing to do with rank, it's based in how many points you have and the difference in points of the people you're attacking
  • Options
    Thats why people are saying it's better to wait til the night before the last day. A few hours before reset, get as high as you can. Finish what you have left on the last day.
  • Poxx
    2288 posts Member
    Options
    It seems that it's your roster that has a lack of balance, not the game. AAT squads r doing just fine in top 20 atm. 5 jawas r smoking droid teams. IGD-led jedi r doing just fine and Rex, 5's, CS, Ani and B2 (Arena team) r holding their own.
  • Options
    The price is fricken cheap compared to last tournament especially cuz I'm f2p and saved up over 150k ally pt
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    They already split us up, why not split up the ppl who have him 7* and put them together.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    SW Galaxy of Horders
  • Zooey
    1607 posts Member
    Options
    I mean a big dif for a lot of the whale teams though is that they have 5-6 teams that can score points vs the top 25 while most of us only have 1 or 2. Can easily lead to a 1k-2k advantage with the same ally points.
  • Options
    I wish there was a rank to shoot for that gave 35 shards I was visiting my lady friend and missed a day of tourney last time and only have fifteen shards and there is no 35 shard prize rank. So I have. To hope to top hundred with my 39k team.
  • Options
    No_Try wrote: »
    DoomeyEyes wrote: »
    This was mentionedast tournament, but the shard you enter is determined by your login time after the tournament started. I can confirm this as when I logged several hours after the start, I was ranked #754, and then dropped like a rock.

I has also read that there were 20,000 players per shard, but since I seem to have stabilized around #4400, it look like there are 5000 per shard... this is based on logging in and not running any teams as of yet.

Thank you for explaining it. It is a shame they just can't match the players with people people they are equal to or atleast within a 5k range. A 5k range is beatable but 10k to 15k there is no chance especially if someone has only been playing for 5 months.

What's your situation like, why is there such a team score gap? The problem with setting it in regards to team score is...how would the system derive your team score in the first place, if it goes based on your defense team, that would be super open to abuse.

I don't know ole buddy im like you and confused as hell. My defense team when i set it was 36,485 and i leveled up my defense squad about 2 hours after I started to 37,011. Its my arena team...the lowest in my tournament shsrd t Hg at i have found was 39k and 41k but only 9 players have i faced like that so far. Everyone else is 44k to 49k and maybe even more the higher the shard goes. I never complain on here maybe twice since I've joined but this is crazy how they expect me to fight these teams. I joined the game on may 29th 2016 and im going against teams from November and December of 2015. I know this forsure because one of my guild mates is in there with me and most of his shard from arena is there with us. I wish they would have thought this through. So depressing
  • MBL_66
    2465 posts Member
    edited November 2016
    Options
    TheRHOMBUS wrote: »
    MBL_66 wrote: »
    It's not based on your highest rank and has nothing to do with rank, it's based in how many points you have and the difference in points of the people you're attacking

So by not attacking, and losing rank...your points per battle should increase?

Who is correct? There are differing opinions in just this thread.

When did I say they would increase?

Also did I not clarify that rank has no impact?
  • Options
    Okay, am I the only one who thinks the previous top 100 from the previous tourney should be blocked from the next one? Lets make America Great Again by giving the losers a f@&$ing chance and not let the previos winners "rich f@&$/-s" win all over again? Let's have tiered tourneys with groups of 200 to keep it lively. It would level the playing field and keep the game fresh, fun, and PLAUSIBLE for all players!
  • Options
    You are the only one, this would be no fair to people who only got a 3* like me!
  • djvita
    1684 posts Member
    Options
    i said yesterday it was gonna be a fast burn! i blame mods, and speed in particular, all the devs had to do to make wedge great was modify his red leader unique to add speed bonuses.
  • Options
    One of the top 3 in my tourney has a 7* ShT already.... How about that?
    461-112-993
    Looking for allies level 40+
  • Options
    Does anyone else find it ironic that he uses a quote that is Republican in origin to put forth a Democratic "solution" :D
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Options
    @Defense1236 read the whole post. You should be grouped with the closest 200 players which would make it more plausible for you to be competitive and actually win some worthwhile prizes. @AlCapone_ don't post on my thread unless you have something intelligent to contribute. You know, like an opinion! Don't tell me what is equitable with a lol and a brush off. I will "calm down" when intelligent and opinionated people make meaningful contributions.