Thoughts on the tournament! (Merged Threads)

Replies

• Options
    Exarius wrote: »
    Magulama wrote: »
    Vice_torn wrote: »
    The whole point of the defense team lock is that you cannot gimp yourself to help a buddy.... YOU STILL CAN!.

That's ridiculous, firstly you can fight him only once secondly the likelyhood you will find him to fight him that single time is negligible...

This is untrue if you are close to rank in the same shard (say top 20) you can remove mods on your defensive team and go back and forth getting points.

You can only fight the same team once
  • Options
    Do tournament refreshes reset at all?

Thank you!
  • Goldy
    254 posts Member
    Options
    Loki26 wrote: »
    As being said, what is the point for those who already had shoretroopers in the last tournament, now they play again in this tournament and try to ruin the game/rank for those who didn't own shoretroopers last tournamen!!

I got him last tournament, 4*, I shouldn't be allowed to try and get him extra shards?? Eh, no.

If you mean peeps who have him 7*? No again, still other rewards that are useful to people.

• Options
    I literally just hit level 80 a few days ago. Yet I am grouped with levels 80-85. How am I really expected to fairly participate against whales? All I see is level 82+, gear 10+, fully starred palpatine and Shoretrooper. People who clearly have been level 80 for months. I place around top 10 in my arena shard every day and these people make the top 10 on my shard look like a joke. I thought after level 79 people were grouped by power levels.....
  • Options
    In every tournament someone must place last, whatever the adopted criteria to group people are
  • Options
    I can't get an answer for this either!
  • StarSon
    7521 posts Member
    Options
    Exarius wrote: »
    Vice_torn wrote: »
    The whole point of the defense team lock is that you cannot gimp yourself to help a buddy.... YOU STILL CAN!.

That's ridiculous, firstly you can fight him only once secondly the likelyhood you will find him to fight him that single time is negligible...

This is untrue if you are close to rank in the same shard (say top 20) you can remove mods on your defensive team and go back and forth getting points.

You can only fight the same team once

Actually, this is no longer the case. They quietly changed this from "can only attack once" to "after you attack they go away for a while."

From the Dev Update:
    To further minimize a group of players attacking each others squads for an easy win, any opponent that the player has earned points from will not appear in matchmaking for a period of time.
  • Options
    Is removing mods that much diffrence? I mean if a team of G10 guys removes mods, they still probably beat your B or C teams. You A team should be able to beat anyone, which then makes trying to attack a friend with a few K less power insanity.
    Seriously, My A team can defeat any team even 4K power more. I don't need them to remove mods. But the idea of 30 people working together to remove mods is really a stupid idea. That's not going to happen.
  • Options
    Yeah...should have waited a bit to level up..... hopefully Shoretrooper will be farmable after awhile...
  • Options
    So I used b-team thinking it costs increasingly more to reuse the same toons like last time. But then I noticed it costs 100 again. Happiness. Then I changed to using my a-team and after a couple fights the price went up to 250!
    What are the rules for this? Can I read it somewhere or is this a trial and error sort of thing again?
  • Options
    I've accepted the fact I can't get in top 50 or so. Just not strong compared to whales and I know I just have to keep grinding it out.
  • Options
    Maybe its just me, but I don't even get the point of selecting a "defensive squad"...
    There is no such thing as defense, specially considering fights don't even have a time limit..
    Just auto set the "defensive squad" as the arena squad when entering the tournament.
  • Options
    The bigger determining factors, IMO, for this tournament are going to be how many ally points you have and how competitive is the bracket you are put in.

You get stuck in a bracket of whales with hundreds of thousands of ally points, then you got no chance unless you are in a similar situation to them.
  • Twin
    527 posts Member
    Options
    The way it worked last time is the cost goes up per character per use...

So you use QGJ the first time for free... next 100, next 100, next 250 etc

User Rex first time free...next 100, next 100, next 250 etc
  • Twin
    527 posts Member
    Options
    I would guess 24 hours from when the tourney starts.
  • Options
    Ing256 wrote: »
    In every tournament someone must place last, whatever the adopted criteria to group people are

LOL
    The point its unfair balancing. If the logic of tournaments applied to arena you could join a december shard when creating a new account...
    You know why its not like that? Its unfair and unbalanced.. and people would probably quit after a few weeks and see how much they are behind...
    Somehow this is OK for tournaments...
    Yes its unfair OP... as its unfair to group people that started in december and have been stockpilling currency since forever vs people from a august (lol) server....

Point being CG doesn't care.
  • Options
    Simple question:
    Do I use my battles now because I can easily find terrible targets to climb up?
    Or
    Save my battles for later so I can get more points from games?
  • Options
    You probably would have been much better off staying at Level 79 until the tournament started.

You would have been on the upper end of power with the people you were competing against.

As a new Level 80, its going to be very hard for you to really compete in this tournament.

Hopefully, Shoretrooper becomes farmable after this tournament.
  • Options
    Twin wrote: »

This, unless there is a bug this time too.
  • Options
    IMO, once you are in the tournament you should look for easy battles and work your way up the rankings as quickly as possible.

If you can find easier opponents early, then try to beat them with your "B" or "C" team so you can save your better teams for harder battles.
  • Options
    Ing256 wrote: »

At least in the first tournament, the criteria made the servers more competitives than now, top 500 on my server full of Metas.
  • ShaolinPunk
    3486 posts Moderator
    edited November 2016
    Options
    If unfair = because you just leveled (started playing late) then there are a LOT of people playing an unfair game. Only people it's "fair" for then is those of us who started around game launch.

EXAMPLE:
    When the Yoda event first started, I didn't quite have the jedi for unlock. Didn't mean the game was unfair, meant I needed to grind more.
    **Please tag me (@ShaolinPunk) if you need assistance.** My Collection. . My Poll.. Ally Code: 332-622-913 Discord: shaolin_punk#2107
  • Options
    Do your best....its free stuff regardless and if you want hammer the Bronzium packs with the ally points instead of refreshing teams.

Im in top 200....barely....it is what it is
  • ShaolinPunk
    3486 posts Moderator
    Options
    Whenever you want! It's supposed to be fun. There's less strategy than some think. Ally Points are how you will get farthest ahead.
    **Please tag me (@ShaolinPunk) if you need assistance.** My Collection. . My Poll.. Ally Code: 332-622-913 Discord: shaolin_punk#2107
  • ShaolinPunk
    3486 posts Moderator
    Options
    Twin wrote: »

Not officially noted, but this is what most of us believe.
  • ShaolinPunk
    3486 posts Moderator
    Options
    Same as every other refresh costs/currency in-game: called 'diminishing returns'. Puts a cap on how deep the whales can dive each day. :)
  • crzydroid
    7378 posts Moderator
    Options
    Yeah, the winner got a different number of shards depending on the level. Last time, in the 60-69 tournament, the winner could only 6 star, and there were no omegas. In 70-79, winner can 7 star.

But yeah, people who have him already (and I already saw one on my server) will play again for the gear, credits, ability mats. And I'm sure they wouldn't turn down shard shop currency. Why shouldn't they play? It's not like people who win top 10 in arena suddenly say, "I guess I'll swap out for a crap arena team so everyone else can have a chance." Again, this is a public event, and as the above poster says, some people have a 3 or 4 star trooper.

• Options
    I used my B and C and D teams to climb up. Decide to maintain top 200 and stop battling to save ally point and let others waste them. Then later use all of them to climb
  • Options
    Yet it would be fair if you were grouped with people level 75-80? That wouldn't have been fair for the level 75 people, would it? They have to have a cut off and do some sort of grouping.