Dooku

Prev13456
I'm new here just looking for some advice in arena . I usually come across dooku teams and was wondering if I should take him out first or leave him for last ?

His counter really does some damage along side bonus attacks . I usually save him for last but around them my team is drained and sometimes he just destroys my team at then end . Any advice would be much helped I'm level 38 at the moment

Replies

• Options
    Order of kill-healers>low health dps>dooku/whatever's left
  • Options
    Is Dooku worth farming in hard battles ???
  • Options
    Takes a while but ye. I think hes also got a battle in Squad cantina
  • Options
    Definitely. You may see a bunch of people saying he's overrated and all but from experience, he's worth it
  • Abyss
    1651 posts Member
    Options
    Dooku is a cool toon and fun to use.

Its not that hes overrated, its that ppl who dont yet know how he works or how to beat him cry that hes OP (which hes far from it).

He is very squishy which is why hes a liability in your arena team (i use him in arena lol).

Hes fun/effective when you control him BUT when the AI controls him hes a joke. Just save him for last, its an easy kill
  • Jotham_Feyt
    0 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    First off the fact he has a bonus attack and counter attack is ridiculous, second when teamed with a character such as phasma he's practically unstoppable. On average dooku attacks 3 times in a row by himself with other team bonuses dooku can destroy a whole team in 2 or 3 turns, please fix this
  • Triqui
    2790 posts Member
    Options
    There are characters that do more than 3x the damage he does. He's nice because of the stuns, but there are better chars to deal damage
  • Options

Welcome! You are the 1,472,528th person to say this.

But he isn't. He is annoying, but his damage is quite poor. His stun is awesome, but can't be counted on every time.

If you think he is OP, wait till you see the likes of Rey, FOTP, Leia, etc.
  • Options
    Are you by chance referring to end game 60+, or lessor levels? Typically at end game levels I find he is annoying but not devastating a team. More like a gnat that keeps stunning your healers. He usually dies quickly. I disagree he should be changed it is part of his character and would destroy him as a character. I change my team composition to handle him swiftly. Especially with the ability to 7 star him, I would start coming up with counter rather than demanding a nerf. There are far worse characters to contend with, I'll gladly take Dooku over Princess and 7 star TIE hiding behind Poe.
  • Options
    He's far from OP. Sure he can get a hit in right at the start but he's so easy to kill using just 1 turn for 1-2 of your characters.
  • MRFREE2PLAY90
    282 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Here we go again, same crying always about dooku hes not op just L2P.
    Qui-Gon progress in cantina currently 4* gear lvl 7.
  • Options
    no, he's not worth farming in hard battles...

But he is worth farming in Cantina, maybe after you finished with your Cantina first choice first.

But if you like him (I do), use hard battles to farm him untill you unlock his Cantina, will be much faster than waiting.
  • Lianara
    740 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    I love him. This game is supposed to be fun, and Dooku is a blast! Not really a game changer in late game, but if you're low level, he can certainly help. I still use him in my main squad, though his power is diminishing due to drop rate of his shards.
    I farm him at every opportunity.
    Ally Code: 253-747-318
  • Options
    Dooku can farm at cantina stage6.

Cantina stage6 unlock at LV.69 :D

If you hurry, you have to pay to buy the energy level up. :D
  • Options
    So I'm getting the impression that his effectiveness wears off the higher my level,
    Currently I'm level 48 so how useful would he be too me. I currently have a team of phasma sid luke lumi and boba
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    Options
    WJ28 wrote: »
    So I'm getting the impression that his effectiveness wears off the higher my level.

This is a myth I've been hearing daily since I was level 30something. I'm 61 now, Dooku is on both my Arena and GW teams. Many teams have definitely moved beyond him, but he has a unique combination of speed, counter-attacks and anti-Jedi features. Now that he will be farmable, and especially with GW wrecked, you will be seeing more of him in the future. (Of course everything can change.)
    Quit 7/14/16. Best of luck to all of you.
  • Merilon
    143 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Dooku's strength is to make the first round 5vs4 or 5vs3 quite reliably if the enemy has no dooku and one jedi at least.
    Also not dealing major dmg his counters help to bring down sid fast, since he always starts with aoe
  • Abyss
    1651 posts Member
    Options
    Like all toons he has his uses.
    Needs a serious buff to be OP though
  • WJ28
    41 posts Member
    Options
    Is he a 3 star's initially when unlocked
  • Abyss
    1651 posts Member
    Options
    Is he a 3 star's initially when unlocked

Yes
  • Options
    First off the fact he has a bonus attack and counter attack is ridiculous, second when teamed with a character such as phasma he's practically unstoppable. On average dooku attacks 3 times in a row by himself with other team bonuses dooku can destroy a whole team in 2 or 3 turns, please fix this

Stop crying.
    Qui-Gon progress in cantina currently 4* gear lvl 7.
  • Abyss
    1651 posts Member
    Options

Smh dooku could not destroy 1/2 of a team in 2-3 turns much less a full team as you suggest on his very best day smh

Exageration absent fact falls on def ears.
  • Abyss
    1651 posts Member
    Options
    So I'm getting the impression that his effectiveness wears off the higher my level,
    Currently I'm level 48 so how useful would he be too me. I currently have a team of phasma sid luke lumi and boba

Correct (sort of)
    Currently he hust does not scale well. He has squat for health and virtually no atk power. All the counters and bonus atk's dont really make up for it or even come close. He has a great stun vs jedi but outside of that its unreliable and hes an easy target in arena

(I use him in arena because sadly hes one of my best toons).

On offence he is often nice even at endgame BUT on defence hes an extreme liability which is why top players are not using him and many others move away from him.

We will see what hes like at max gear lvl 70 but at lvl60 max gear he massivly underperforms and the only way he would be a true asset is if he got a small damage buff (not alot because he will often atk many extra times) but when you pull off that magical 4x atks in a row and barely scratch your opponet, there is an issue me thinks
  • Options

Stop crying.

Pipe down f2p nub
  • Options
    There is a 4* gear VII dooku I use as an ally. He has about as much hp as my 4* gear VII Sid and that is my motivation for farming Dooku. He does pretty well if at a decent level, it just takes a while to get him there. The cantina node will definitely help in the late game though.
  • Options
    Count Dooku needs to be nerfed badly. His 100% counter chance "flawless ripostle" needs to be lowered to like 50% or nerf him in other ways. I have lost countless characters to him in PvP and Galatic War. If you face him first and your team becomes destroyed by the rest of the team from being too weak attacking Dooku. You can't leave him last as he can destroy an entire team by himself once weakened even if he is a good 5 levels below them. It gets extremely annoying having to face him in GW and PvP especially. I have not seen much talk about him at all is there going to be a nerf for the most powerful character in the game Count "GodMode" Dooku any time soon?
  • Options
    There isn't much talk about him on here because the conclusion from weeks ago was that he's not op once you get to the end game. You can do a quick search and you will find dozens of threads about new players complaining about him. He's only difficult to deal with in the beginning if you have limited options in your hats yet pool.
  • Options
    Both a friend and I have almost all the characters together and are in our level 40's. Both top 1000 rank he is top 100. Now we both agree the same even with his full team of revival/healers especially against ones Jedis. In GW it can be slightly easier since you know he is there, but still too OP. In PvP I can't even see if that person has Count Dooku or not so how am I supposed to set a team up against him? Also if I have to worry about him with 3+ characters I get destoyed in battle. So how exactly are we supposed to win? It seems we only ever lose if he is in the team. Whom is best against him and what are general tips for playing against him? Even if people don't agree with him being the single best **** character he is easily top 5 best characters and his mix of skills is what makes him OP especially when many people use Jedi. Evade, turn meter on evasion, multi stuns, chain attacks, anti-jedi, always counters (that alone is the problem you will always be attacked twice). Not one other character gives me problems with defeating entire teams. Some may be annoying like Poe Dameron, Cad Bane, Darth Maul, but not to the extent of being so OP.
  • Options
    I see my rant has been moved here. My statement stays and also adding that if Count Dooku has Phasmas leader power he is unstoppable. He will attack 3 times before your one. PLEASE NERF DOOKU.
  • Options
    I don't know where to go to rant about Count Dooku but seriously ****!!!! He has a stun on his basic attack, stun on his second ability 100% counter, gets three attacks in a row more often than not. To top it off I've had to fight him five times in a row today in Galactic Wars barely skimming by with near death toons every round. Now I'm currently fighting a gear lvl 8, lvl 62, 4 star that is simply wrecking my team time after time while I'm level 58 all gear lvl 7+. Screamed and cursed at my tablet an unhealthy amount over it and I think 4 of five teams had Phasma as leader which makes him more of a nightmare!!!! Speaking of Phasma the AI have probably more like a 60% chance to get an extra attack than the intended 14, 16, 18, 20 which also makes me extremely frustrated. Back to Dooku, a four star should not be getting critical hits of 3600. I can go on and on about his bull crap because I've fought him at least 30 times today but I'm done.