Dooku

12346Next

Replies

• Abyss
    1651 posts Member
    Options
    Qeltar wrote: »
    Abyss wrote: »
    To answer the question, you see lots of dooku teams because he is synergetic with kylo and phasma and 555's and all 3 are easy to obtain.
    The synergy is whats causing the issue NOT the individual toon.
    Phasma, yes; 5s, maybe a bit; Kylo, not really.
    Counter-attacker teams are a thing, but putting a bunch of counter-attackers on a team doesn't necessarily create much synergy. They are doing similar things but independently. Having both Kylo and Dooku run over and whack Sid after he AoEs is fun, but the two are not improving each other by being there. You've just used two slots for counter-attackers. Fives has an assist but he can call anyone, and he's really slow so it's not going to matter that much.
    Phasma has synergy with Dooku but no more than anyone else, and less than First Order characters.
    Dooku doesn't really have a lot of synergies, and I say that as someone who has used him extensively in Arena and GW since day one. He has strengths and weaknesses, and fits some teams better than others. There aren't a lot of characters that specifically make him shine, though, like how Poggle does droids or Phasma does First Order.
    What Dooku does have is a strong anti-Jedi focus. This is also why he is another char that is much better on offense than defense. He can literally keep an enemy Lumi tied up an entire match so all she can do is take a few basic attacks at best (how I use him in Arena). He can also be used to get rid of an enemy Sid before he heal-blocks anyone (how I use him in GW). Once Sid is gone in GW, Dooku goes to work on all the Jedi healers. He's enormously useful, a top 5 in GW easily. Off the top of my head, I'd say only Barriss, Lumi, Sid and Daka are of comparable utility.

Agreed except i would add dookus turn meter gain when attacking outside his turn which phasmas leader ability can help make use of so there is extra synergy there as opposed to other non-FO toons but definatly spot on.
  • Abyss
    1651 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Lianara wrote: »
    I thought he was OP when I was just starting ... I dreaded seeing him in Arena matches, and had no hope to win those fights. Then a lucky bronzium dropped a 3* Dooku on me. He is now 4* and 3 shards away from 5 ( will stop there and wait for cantina node) and is still part of the core team. I am also no longer afraid to see him as an opponent, because having him around not only showed me his strengths, but also his weaknesses. I think he is the most fun toon in the game though he no longer turns the tide of battle for me like he used to.
    What I do when facing him is wait for enemy healers to blow their Heals by attacking other enemies. Once that's done, I pop Luminara's heal and go whack Dooku. The heal will work two more rounds and will counteract Dookus damage, even if Lumi is stunned. He really doesn't last long.
    What will probably give me nightmares is a 7* Dooku...

Proof of what i keep telling ppl.
    Monster early and problematic to go aginst but that fades with time.
    Also i agree hes prob the most fun to use tho (for me its because of his utility on offence aginst jedi and the lightning has to be my fav animation in the game hands down)
    When i get my dooku to 7* i will let you know (it'll be 2 weeks im guessing or so prob)