Dooku

Replies

• Options
    If you don't use Kylo, don't level him. The simplest answer is usually the right one.
  • Options
    reizse wrote: »
    i place top 5-10 daily. don't use kylo at all...ever (51/100 to 7*, 5/6 slots gear 8).
    dooku is 17/85, 5/6 slots gear 8, but i use him everywhere.

Troll post?
  • reizse
    1447 posts Member
    Options
    i place top 5-10 daily. don't use kylo at all...ever (51/100 to 7*, 5/6 slots gear 8).
    dooku is 17/85, 5/6 slots gear 8, but i use him everywhere.

Troll post?

I use dooku everywhere. how is that trolling?
    mighty chlorians
  • Options
    Just finish off Dooku if you use him everywhere. No point in finishing Kylo if you're not going to use him. Unless you are struggling with Galactic War, Dark Side battles, or need a toon for a Vader achievement, you don't need Kylo atm.
  • reizse
    1447 posts Member
    Options
    Chekmate wrote: »
    If you don't use Kylo, don't level him. The simplest answer is usually the right one.

I was planning on using him instead of lumi, but for the reasons I stated above, I've held off
    mighty chlorians
  • reizse
    1447 posts Member
    Options
    Supreme wrote: »
    I am building towards your Arena team.

May I know how good does FOO work with ST Han?

And would it be better to replace your Lumi with a Geo?

Phasma (L), FOO, ST Han, Geo and Dooku

this is how I beat poe teams. or at least have a chance at it
    mighty chlorians
  • Options
    Chekmate wrote: »

I was planning on using him instead of lumi, but for the reasons I stated above, I've held off

I think I would keep Lumi in your lineup if you place top 5-10 daily.
  • Jabberwocky
    1809 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    If you're running a Phasma lead in Arena, the question is why aren't you already running Kylo?

He gets double the assist rate on FO toons meaning at Phasma's max ability you're getting a 36% chance of an assist on all FO attacks. That's like the equivalent to having a 6 character squad when you have 3 FO toons.

Not only that but your FO Officer's Marching Orders special grants 3 turn Offense Up at level 7 ability when proccing on FO toons on top of Advantage and 100% turn meter to a non-FO random ally.
    Your chance of proccing Marching Orders on a FO toon goes from 25% with Phasma as your only other FO toon to 50% if you add Kylo since 2/4 of your toons apart from FOO are First Order). Plus, Phasma gets 65% more damage on his basic with advantage.
    I suspect you may not have been using FOO's Marching Orders special much before but if you added Kylo, it makes it a much more attractive proposition, especially in situations where using FOO's attack would draw a counter attack that might kill him so using a non attack action is as good as a skip.

Seems kind of obvious.

Kylo is also pretty tanky at high levels/gear and has counter after using his special plus his second special hits for a ton when below 50% health (and it's not bad even above 50%) and he has a high chance of resetting all cooldowns when hit.

I also don't get how his retribution counter "competes with Han's taunt "?
    Are you talking about using an AoE attack on counter toons like Dooku and Fives?
    If that's what you mean then just don't use the AoE in those situations, stick with the basic or use the second special but he can usually take the counter damage in stride anyway.

Edit: forgot to mention Kylo's heal immunity debuff on his basic. Yet another reason why he's a solid choice with a Phasma lead.
    Ally Code: 945-699-762
  • reizse
    1447 posts Member
    Options
    If you're running a Phasma lead in Arena, the question is why aren't you already running Kylo?

He gets double the assist rate on FO toons meaning at Phasma's max ability you're getting a 36% chance of an assist on all FO attacks. That's like the equivalent to having a 6 character squad when you have 3 FO toons.

Not only that but your FO Officer's Marching Orders special grants 3 turn Offense Up at level 7 ability when proccing on FO toons on top of Advantage and 100% turn meter to a non-FO random ally.
    Your chance of proccing Marching Orders on a FO toon goes from 25% with Phasma as your only other FO toon to 50% if you add Kylo since 2/4 of your toons apart from FOO are First Order). Plus, Phasma gets 65% more damage on his basic with advantage.
    I suspect you may not have been using FOO's Marching Orders special much before but if you added Kylo, it makes it a much more attractive proposition, especially in situations where using FOO's attack would draw a counter attack that might kill him so using a non attack action is as good as a skip.

Seems kind of obvious.

Kylo is also pretty tanky at high levels/gear and has counter after using his special plus his second special hits for a ton when below 50% health (and it's not bad even above 50%) and he has a high chance of resetting all cooldowns when hit.

I also don't get how his retribution counter "competes with Han's taunt "?
    Are you talking about using an AoE attack on counter toons like Dooku and Fives?
    If that's what you mean then just don't use the AoE in those situations, stick with the basic or use the second special but he can usually take the counter damage in stride anyway.

Edit: forgot to mention Kylo's heal immunity debuff on his basic. Yet another reason why he's a solid choice with a Phasma lead.

hi @Jabberwocky you make good points. the reason why I use lumi is so that Han can keep manipulating turn meter with the health regen (negated vs sid teams). it then comes down to replacing dooku, but I've been using dooku since....I can't remember not using him. I do use foo's marching orders as it usually gets me an instant turn to drop Poe or another high damage attacker

the reason why I said retribution competes with taunt is that unless the ai uses an aoe, the retribution buff is wasted since everyone will be focusing Han
    mighty chlorians
  • Options
    dooku is only better if u get a stun on first turn, other wise kylo is better
  • Options
    Is dooku any good at three stars? Or should I invest some time in getting a CT5s? Ive come against a few times and its quite fun seeing him get a lot of attacks. Team rn is Phasma lead, kylo, sid, and boba. I dont really wanna run a healer just for more thrill. So whos a good idea? QGJ? Since hes in cantina or????
  • Options
    Dooku is so good that I use him at 3 stars alongside my 6 star Sidious and luminara
  • Options
    Dooku needs to be at least 5 stars. Too squishy and low damage otherwise. 5s is ok but I'm finding him a liability now that I'm lvl 66. Was great at 5 stars and in my 7 star team for a long time.
  • Options
    Dooku needs to be at least 5 stars. Too squishy and low damage otherwise. 5s is ok but I'm finding him a liability now that I'm lvl 66. Was great at 5 stars and in my 7 star team for a long time.
    Yeah im lvl 59 close to 60 now. Im now always top 100. And the highest i went was 45 so maybe the three star dooku isnt a good idea... But from personal experience ive seem enemy ct 5s put in work against my team so ill try him out
  • Options

This pretty much. Really depends on what level you are for Dooku to be viable. I have him at 5* but still don't put him in arena because of his low health. He is very helpful for his speed and his stunning, but as you get to higher level his health becomes a liability. He is a long term farming project. Helpful for galactic war.

5's is pretty good, especially for galactic war. I still have him in my arena squad. He has a ton of health and his slow down is underrated. I would only use him in a Phasma team though. He's at 6* now and I plan on 7* him, but now that QGJ is available he will be 5's replacement eventually.

I don't regret farming 5's, but i'd definitely farm QGJ if I were you.
  • Options
    Andrew wrote: »

This pretty much. Really depends on what level you are for Dooku to be viable. I have him at 5* but still don't put him in arena because of his low health. He is very helpful for his speed and his stunning, but as you get to higher level his health becomes a liability. He is a long term farming project. Helpful for galactic war.

5's is pretty good, especially for galactic war. I still have him in my arena squad. He has a ton of health and his slow down is underrated. I would only use him in a Phasma team though. He's at 6* now and I plan on 7* him, but now that QGJ is available he will be 5's replacement eventually.

I don't regret farming 5's, but i'd definitely farm QGJ if I were you.
    Yeah ive seen 5s shine bc of the slowdown. Like its crazy good. But what I fear about getting qgj is how jedis are easily smacked lol. Thats why i just forgot about using a healer. And its actually really fun not using one. Battles feel a lot more intense. ANd qgj is pretty squishy too. And fives has a good chunk of health and takes quite a bit of attacks. Thanks ma dude
  • JediMindTricks
    1077 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    I hate nerfs. I honestly do, but it makes no sense that a lvl 4 count Dooku teamed with other characters that have counter attacks should be able to demolish a normal team of of 7 and 5 stared Characters. I have mixed and matched my teams with every possible combination. Every single time I fight against a team with Phasma, Dooku and Fives I have 0 chance of winning at all much less even winning with a single character left standing and that's with having stunners on my team. It makes no freaking sense that Dooku should be attacking 4 freaking times to the point of my team not even having a chance from the get go.I know people are gonna be mad at this post probably because they use Dooku in their team setup but oh well it is what it is and counter attack along with Count Dooku needs to be NERFED. At least lower the percentage rate.

edited Title to reflect the post
    Post edited by FashionFett on
  • Options
    Count Dooku however annoying, hits like a wet noodle.

OgbVDqU.gif
  • Abyss
    1651 posts Member
    Options
    Really he needs a buff if anything lol

He hits weak
    He has low health
    His stun (while cool) is unreliable
    Ignore him and hes no threat.

These "nerf dooku" posts are getting excessivly old. Not a shot at you but if you cant handle a simple dooku then you have a rude awakening ahead of you. There is probably a list of more then 20 toons that are harder/better.

You mentione phasma (i assume their leader) and dooku and 5's so im betting dooku is not the issue, its the synergetic combo of 2x counter attackers coupled with phasmas leader ability to call assisting allies

Your being beat by the strategy not the toon
  • Options
    Abyss wrote: »
    Really he needs a buff if anything lol

He hits weak
    He has low health
    His stun (while cool) is unreliable
    Ignore him and hes no threat.

These "nerf dooku" posts are getting excessivly old. Not a shot at you but if you cant handle a simple dooku then you have a rude awakening ahead of you. There is probably a list of more then 20 toons that are harder/better.

You mentione phasma (i assume their leader) and dooku and 5's so im betting dooku is not the issue, its the synergetic combo of 2x counter attackers coupled with phasmas leader ability to call assisting allies

Your being beat by the strategy not the toon

Basically what he said there. Dooku is easy to handle.
  • Options
    You will learn that Dooku is only a problem at lower levels. His health is a liability blah blah blah. Sorry, we're just all tired of these nerf Dooku threads. Go "search" for the dozens of other threads on this topic.
  • Options
    His stock attack is weak I agree, but he has a damage buff of 15% and 25% chance to gain 40% turn meter when attacking outside of his turn. As far as stun being unreliable, he had 35%chance to stun and 35% to ability block on normal, and 45% chance on special, doubling to 90% on jedi.
  • Reyia
    1171 posts Member
    Options
    Could we have more BUFF threads instead of NERF ones plz? It's the synergy/combo that is strong in this case.
  • Options
    I love fighting dooku. I focus Kylo on him and if he brings kylo below 50% health, kylo starts destroying, especially with a poggle buff. I agree with @Abyss that it's all about synergy and strategy
  • Abyss
    1651 posts Member
    Options
    His stock attack is weak I agree, but he has a damage buff of 15% and 25% chance to gain 40% turn meter when attacking outside of his turn. As far as stun being unreliable, he had 35%chance to stun and 35% to ability block on normal, and 45% chance on special, doubling to 90% on jedi.

Agreed but again, thats an ureliable stun (unreiable being a generalization in that its only reliable aginst jedi so unreliable in general)
    And as far as his turn meter gains, just ignore him and he cant gain turnmeter for attacking outside his turn ;)
    Seal up the match, heal up if needed, then finish him.
  • Options
    Geez.. I really hope you are trolling.
  • Options
    I one hit Dooku with my 86. And if 86 doesn't crit the team mate he calls finishes the job.
  • Options
    He is annoying but we all can beat a Dooku team. Stunning 2 of your heroes from the start sucks. Even worse when he double hits and stuns again. But he is just a really good versitile hero.
  • J7000
    2059 posts Member
    Options
    Another nerf thread. How about asking for buffs; they are far more imaginative and exciting. So sick of the nerf crouds lack of vision
  • J7000
    2059 posts Member
    Options
    BentWookie wrote: »
    Geez.. I really hope you are trolling.

He prolly isn't. ;.;