Time to Nerf Bobba Fett

Replies

• scuba
    14189 posts Member
    Options
    Georgemi6 wrote: »
    Lol mob enforcer and CUP are out of control nerf them instead XD

You are wrong. Lobot is OP and nightsisters are far better than rebels.

Hey the nightsisters got me over half my points in the last AP auction.
  • Options
    Wiggs? Chaze? Pfff no problem
    Urrorororor, Tusken raider, Tusken shaman? Give up the game
  • Options
    +1
  • Options
    Wait... I thought commander fox shot you in season 6? How are you alive?? @ARCTrooperFives
  • tRRRey
    2782 posts Member
    Options
    Boba is one of the best options for f2p players trying to beat those obnoxious rebel squads. So no, he doesn't need a nerf
    https://swgoh.gg/u/trey 66/
    Make Zader Great Again!
  • Options
    Chepin wrote: »
    Hello Capital Games...
    I will keep the post short, if you are going to make a character hit for 60k+ on crits, then you should make him a Chromium only and rare drops.

I understand that we all love Bobba Fett, but you should not make him so powerful, that we feel the need to play him or lose in the Squad Arenas.

This game needs some serious balancing updates.

laser-brain-1438794176.gif?quality=.8&height=250&width=500
  • Options
    Hello Capital Games...
    I will keep the post short, if you are going to make a character hit for 60k+ on crits, then you should make him a Chromium only and rare drops.

I understand that we all love Bobba Fett, but you should not make him so powerful, that we feel the need to play him or lose in the Squad Arenas.

They aren't going to nerf him. The just changed him recently. They are looking at other thing. Plus boba doesn't need to be nerfed. He is easily defeated. He poses no threat to me in squad arena and galactic war
  • Options
    scuba wrote: »
    Cardiff0 wrote: »
    scuba boba has a lot more utility. Ability block everyone at the start can change everything. He can. He your attacker and control the battle how you need to. In some setups I have to stop boba ability block or I will probably lose.

I drop Vader for boba now unless it's an easy win and I want to smash Biggs $tup1d little face

Agree he has more utility. Just responding to the Op that Boba is hitting to hard. I think even Geo Spy hits harder.

You're comparing Boba to a character whose sole utility is one hard hitting move. Does Geo spy have a basic that can double tap for 20k? Does Geo spy have an aoe ability block? Does Geo spy revive at full health the first time you kill him? I do think the op has a good point that with the utility that boba provides he should not be hitting nearly as hard as he does.
  • scuba
    14189 posts Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    scuba boba has a lot more utility. Ability block everyone at the start can change everything. He can. He your attacker and control the battle how you need to. In some setups I have to stop boba ability block or I will probably lose.

I drop Vader for boba now unless it's an easy win and I want to smash Biggs $tup1d little face

Agree he has more utility. Just responding to the Op that Boba is hitting to hard. I think even Geo Spy hits harder.

You're comparing Boba to a character whose sole utility is one hard hitting move. Does Geo spy have a basic that can double tap for 20k? Does Geo spy have an aoe ability block? Does Geo spy revive at full health the first time you kill him? I do think the op has a good point that with the utility that boba provides he should not be hitting nearly as hard as he does.

Well if that is the argument Op should make it.

The OP statment was:
    Hello Capital Games...

Nothing in there about hitting to hard for his kit just that a character that hits that hard should be chromium. I gave 2 other examples.
  • Options
    is this thread for real?

guess this guy never faced off a wiggs + chaze + kenobi squad....
  • Options

The OP statment was:
    Hello Capital Games...

Nothing in there about hitting to hard for his kit just that a character that hits that hard should be chromium. I gave 2 other examples.

Yeah I'm running on not a lot of sleep so i didn't really pay much attention to the op saying a toon like Boba should be chromium only and I think that point is kinda ridiculous.

However, I do think they went over the top with his rework. He already had one of the best leader abilities, which made him useable in top 20 arena in the right lineup. Problem is that people don't want to strategize about how to make him to work so they call for a rework instead and we get this. This power creep is not good for the balance in the game
  • Options

The OP statment was:
    Hello Capital Games...

We all know that Rex + Sun Fac was super OP before the release of the super powerful rebels and B2. But they were P2W units that not everyone has. All I said was that a character that crit for 60k (and 20k on his normal attack twice) should not be given to everyone. This will make the Arena all about who has the better modded Bobba Fett.

I do not like him, and I wish to continue to play with Palpatine, Droids or Rebels and still be viable in the arena.
  • scuba
    14189 posts Member
    Options

The OP statment was:
    Hello Capital Games...

We all know that Rex + Sun Fac was super OP before the release of the super powerful rebels and B2. But they were P2W units that not everyone has. All I said was that a character that crit for 60k (and 20k on his normal attack twice) should not be given to everyone. This will make the Arena all about who has the better modded Bobba Fett.

I do not like him, and I wish to continue to play with Palpatine, Droids or Rebels and still be viable in the arena.

IMO the only OP characters were the raid bosses... I mean they required multiple teams to take them down.
  • Options
    Nerf calls are the worst thing in this game. No, no character needs a nerf after release because people have invested sooooo much into them to make them useable.

Boba is fine, and hardly a threat. I often leave him for last, and usually it's 4v1.

The real issue is new toons being released that can do everything better than all existing characters with that ability (looking at you, Baze). What needs to happen is new toons making old toons completely, and I do mean completely, useless.
    FN 2187, Mighty Chlorians (spelt with a lowercase l not a capital I): Heroic AAT Guide, The Gear Grind
  • Zooey
    1607 posts Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    This game isn't supposed to be balanced. I'm not sure how people don't get that. It's a freemium game that depends on whales consistently buying new toons to stay solvent. And in order for there to be a little diversity, F2P are generally given a few ways to counter or at least fight those whale teams. Boba & TFP are the F2P answer to Chaze, just as Wiggs were the answer to Rex Fac, EP to Wiggs and so on so forth. Balance will never extend to all one hundred odd toons because of the business model. But I'll be damned if there isn't at least a few F2P toons comparable in strength or at least able to counter the ones locked behind a paywall. Say thanks for Boba and farm him fast.
  • Options
    Zooey wrote: »
    This game isn't supposed to be balanced. I'm not sure how people don't get that. It's a freemium game that depends on whales consistently buying new toons to stay solvent. And in order for there to be a little diversity, F2P are generally given a few ways to counter or at least fight those whale teams. Boba & TFP are the F2P answer to Chaze, just as Wiggs were the answer to Rex Fac, EP to Wiggs and so on so forth. Balance will never extend to all one hundred odd toons because of the business model. But I'll be damned if there isn't at least a few F2P toons comparable in strength or at least able to counter the ones locked behind a paywall. Say thanks for Boba and farm him fast.

Well unless CG wants a game only run by paying players in the near future, then you bet your bottom they should want to balance the game for ftp and ptp.

Right now, ptp have a larger advantage than they've ever had in the game. More gear, insane mods, all toons (not to mention that all new toons do about 7 different things that combine the one thing another toon is meant to do). It's not even close right now.
    FN 2187, Mighty Chlorians (spelt with a lowercase l not a capital I): Heroic AAT Guide, The Gear Grind
  • Options
    I have come across numerous maxed out Bobas recently. I have zero problems with him. The Landos and Wiggs that come with him are still more of an issue for me. I run an Empire team and fight from anywhere from 1-10 on my shard.
  • Options
    Wait... I thought commander fox shot you in season 6? How are you alive?? @ARCTrooperFives

@Georgemi6 Darth maul got cut in half, anakin lost half his body, but I'm just chilling tbh
  • Options
    Or stop playing :) Boba is no issue but all these OC rebels are
  • Options

I'm guessing you haven't seen the ugnaught-self synergy. Legend has it that he can solo AAT

I've stopped to make fun with ugnaught since the launch of the AAT lol he is a monster against droids
  • Options

I'm guessing you haven't seen the ugnaught-self synergy. Legend has it that he can solo AAT

You're all wrong... on an ancient shard long abandoned after a new meta released... I have discovered it... and am reintroducing that meta... this will destroy all other teams, and will rise to the top of the leader boards...

Urr'o'ro'rrrur'or Leader
    Jedi knight guardian
    Night sister acolyte
    Storm trooper
    First order officer

Great, i will farm them now!! LMAO
  • Options
    Lol
  • RJ__Brando
    1500 posts Moderator
    Options
    F2P gains a great all around character and people WANT him behind a paywall??? What??

*glances back at all the "when will Rex and SF become farmable" threads*

I'm beyond perplexed...
  • Options
    Months of ppl asking for him to get a rework, then he gets reworked, and then you get these nerf posts... smh...

Haha, yup and you know it's gonna happen no matter which character.

@Chepin
    You're not the first to face a team with Boba that now feels much more difficult. Remember, every team CAN be beat, the trick is getting the right heroes to counter. Some of those right now are pretty hard to farm but it can be done. The boba rework came after nearly 8 months of Boba being a 'nobody' as far as the competition was concerned while the community begged for a rework. It's just recently been done (has it been a month yet) and people overall are loving it. He's by no means a game breaker, and with the addition of mods and zetas, there are still power combos emerging as we speak that will put Boba in a bad place.

Patience and wisdom (and some good team comps) will help you beat whoever your competition is, but I doubt they will be nerfing him anytime soon.

It's rough when you're getting steam-rolled, but it's not for forever.
    **Please tag me (@ShaolinPunk) if you need assistance.** My Collection. . My Poll.. Ally Code: 332-622-913 Discord: shaolin_punk#2107
  • Options
    No, just no. Please ignore op...
    I am the Reaper
  • TronTheKhan
    650 posts Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    Hello Capital Games...

Is Bobba Fett, Boba Fett's brother?? Who is bobba Fett? Does he have a sister named booba Fett?
    Humans Are Such Easy Prey
  • Options
    Is Bobba Fett, Boba Fett's brother?? Who is bobba Fett? Does he have a sister named booba Fett?

It's Boburt Fettmans long lost cousin.
  • Options
    I just don't get the Boba hate/fear. I have slaughtered them all just as easily as pre-rework? Only difference is I kill him last now to avoid respawns...
  • LastJedi
    3047 posts Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    I have felt the sting of Boba. But so far, I think his was one of the best reworks, ever. Replace Boba with any of several other meta toon, and same team would still beat me, prolly. Losing to a new face ain't so bad. I think devs done good to bring him into the meta without making him the meta.

Wiggs and EP and Shoretrooper still doing fine on my shard. Lando and Rex on the decline. Which is fine with me. Was sick of Rex, in particular. There is a good variety of teams on my shard, if you take out a few of the orange jump suits.
  • ARCTrooperFives
    737 posts Member
    edited December 2016
    Options

I've stopped to make fun with ugnaught since the launch of the AAT lol he is a monster against droids

Who said I was joking... I'd love to see someone actually try just ugnaught in P3 lol