You can farm qui gon now!

1234568Next

Replies

• Options
    Guess who's never buying chromium again. Lots of people.
  • five2zero
    512 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    QGJM wrote: »
    but you Would have never spend 2k+ to get him as chronium-Exclusive up to 7* like me.

He was exclusive for months and there will be new Chars. for excclusive. If you spend 2k+ for 1 chars. you will have enough money for the next one.

There is no reason to have exclusive character for ever.
  • obiwan1011
    396 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    they made the worst possible choice for people how really spent to get him (to 6 or 7*)

I hardly see any other way to get rid of your best customers now AND for the future.

Putting aside whether this was an attempt to address the 'Poe issue' or not, for those who think this was a bad business move, I beg to differ; I think it makes perfect business sense and here is why:

CG offers a product (i.e. the Chromium heroes) that only a small population of the player base (i.e. whales) can access to and properly leverage (i.e. 7*) ▶ Those whales get to "brag" and enjoy that exclusivity while others watch in awe ▶ CG then lowers the barrier of entry ▶ Given what they have witnessed so far, the small spenders/F2P all jump onto the bandwagon. These new customers know the now-obtainable heroes are useless unless sufficiently leveled up, so they spend money/crystal in an attempt to enjoy what used to be only available to the whales. CG is getting a new stream of income pouring in and they are happy ▶ Whales are unhappy because they no longer have that exclusivity ▶ CG comes to you and whispers, "I hear your frustration. So here is [insert new hero name here] who is only available to the likes of you and he/she is even better than those old ones" (to make the new product even more appealing, CG may decide to "balance" the old exclusive heroes, citing how everyone has been crying out they are OP) ▶ Whales jump onto the new bandwagon as they continue to seek advantage and bragging rights. The average population yet again watches in awe while CG is counting their new fortune. They are obviously happy

This is how business works. They create exclusivity, make it appealing, lower the entry barrier to attract the wider population and then create a higher tier to differentiate against the "old" exclusivity (which is then no longer exclusive). If you think this is not true, look at premium fashion brands; they try to widen their income base while create tiers on top of tiers so that they are still catering to those 1% who seek exclusivity.
  • Options
    My wife wanted this pair of boots. I wanted to get them for her but they were outrageous. I waited like a month and then the same boots were being sold elsewhere cheaper. I got the boots and she was happy. And never once did her friend who got the same boots at release ever complain about it. (To my knowledge)

It's a game guys, have fun and be kids again. Grab your plastic light sabers and pretend to be a Jedi or go to tomorrow land at Disneyland and get a picture with Kylo. Have fun!
  • Options
    Cpt_Dan wrote: »
    My wife wanted this pair of boots. I wanted to get them for her but they were outrageous. I waited like a month and then the same boots were being sold elsewhere cheaper. I got the boots and she was happy. And never once did her friend who got the same boots at release ever complain about it. (To my knowledge)

It's a game guys, have fun and be kids again. Grab your plastic light sabers and pretend to be a Jedi or go to tomorrow land at Disneyland and get a picture with Kylo. Have fun!

Kylo is at Disneyland? Might need to make a trip...for the kids of course.
  • Vampire_X
    1435 posts Moderator
    Options
    This is a good thing and I spend money and still will buy exclusive packs and gems chrom packs are not the best investment but have a place to speed shards and exclusive toons
    Wicked Sith Queen with the Pink Saber
  • Options
    pay2win wrote: »

Kylo is at Disneyland? Might need to make a trip...for the kids of course.

Yeah, him and some others are usually hanging around tomorrowland.
  • Options

You know if you replace a "t" with a "b" this is fricken hilarious.

... Just saying. B)

• Jugilismaani
    64 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    -
    Post edited by Jugilismaani on
  • Options
    Well every single F2P guy and the small spenders are happy and most of the bigger spenders do not really care anyway win win for the majority of peeps well done CG & EA great move im already farming Qui-Gon :).

I'm only happy because they basically said we're not nerfing poe when they released qui-gon. I'm going to farm him too, but I'm not a ****, I look at things from all perspectives and I try to be as fair as possible. And this is incredibly unfair for the whales. Is that going to stop me from farming jin? No lol, but my honest input on it, is that it's messed up and it definitely will affect the sales of the whales.

Like i said above it wont at all they will gross more annually by doing this its a smart move most freemium games are doing the same thing :).
    Based off what? You're 100% speculating without any actual real numbers.

Yeah im speculating when the majority of freemium games work exactly the same way :D.

No offense, but you don't know the difference between there and their. I don't really take any of your input seriously :D, you just throw out random numbers, and speculations without backing anything up.

Show me an example of a freemium game that had a comparable structure with this game, and show me the numbers where they increased profits by a significant amount after baiting whales to spend money, and then scr*wing them over. If you can't do this, just keep quiet, and stop acting like you have a clue about what you're talking about.

And btw, I beat Quigon teams all of the time, and whale teams with my 100% f2p team. They didn't have an advantage to the extent that they were 100% invincible, if this was the case then I'd understand why they would release these chars or nerf them.

Throwing out an insult about my spelling is kinda low, but yes indeed im dyslexic and sometimes cant understand the difference :(.
    Qui-Gon progress in cantina currently 4* gear lvl 7.
  • Vampire_X
    1435 posts Moderator
    Options
    Happy players?? Clearly your new to these forum in which we feed on fear loathing and hatred.... Jesus we are Sith Lords ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh oh yea we knew that
    Wicked Sith Queen with the Pink Saber
  • Options
    this is no crying, just showing how they treat people who spend money for this game.

Show us one place where chromium characters were ever promised to remain chromium only forever?

We will still get new characters months ahead of f2p players and enjoy the higher rewards each day due to better teams etc etc...you are in fact whining and crying...unacceptable
  • QGJM
    318 posts Member
    Options
    murton09 wrote: »
    this is no crying, just showing how they treat people who spend money for this game.

Show us one place where chromium characters were ever promised to remain chromium only forever?

We will still get new characters months ahead of f2p players and enjoy the higher rewards each day due to better teams etc etc...you are in fact whining and crying...unacceptable

I am not whining nor am i crying. Actually it is very funny how professional a big Company like EA treats their best customers. The best thing is i Received a survey after my "not answerd email" - to rate their Customer Service. :smiley: Priceless.
  • Options
    Move a wanted character into F2P, I sense a replacement must have character waiting to be added to Chromium only packs soon.
  • Options
    Barrok wrote: »
    I think this shows spenders how chromium exclusives will be handled. I think it's good to know this now, early in the game, then have them do this 2 years from now.

As for my dollars, I will continue to avoid packs and just spend money on refreshes. Can at least control what I get that way.

+1. I will never buy any chromium again

Don't. every cent you pay for IAP has a risk.
  • QGJM
    318 posts Member
    Options
    murton09 wrote: »

Show me one place where chromium characters were labeled as "limited time exclusive".
  • QGJM
    318 posts Member
    Options
    Actually in the Newsletter, when this change was announced. EA themselves speak about - Chromium Exclusive - Characters. So they new exactly what It looked like and meant for some people!!!