Replies

• Velvethunder
    203 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options

Not cool.
    Post edited by FashionFett on
  • Options
    I'm a spender, probably sunk about £100 into the game and I love that he's free now. I can star him up and make him viable while saving my money for any character bundles they do.
  • Nonemo
    1656 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options

Also, that escalated quickly.
  • Vodo
    332 posts Member
    Options
    Vodo wrote: »
    If I did the math correct we just need to refresh cantina energy 128 times to get a 7 star QGJ :-)
    Does anybody know how many crystals you need if you wanna refresh 128 times on a single day?
    If I did the math correct we just need to refresh cantina energy 128 times to get a 7 star QGJ :-)

It's not 128

It's 126 if you run stage 5 battles or higher.
    330/5= 66 shipments
    66 shipments= 26400 cantina credits.
    You'll get 1.75 credit per energy at stage 5 so you'll need 26400/1,75= 15085 energy in total
    Every refresh is 120 energy. 15084/120=125,7 refreshes

Oh, sorry, just saw this post yet. Ok, so we just need to figure out now how many crystals one would need for that. I'm really curious. Does the cost for refreshing always stay the same on cantina? Anybody with too much money who wants to try?
  • QGJM
    318 posts Member
    Options
    Sure u are happy! You can now Star him up for free and actualy use him later at 6 or 7* but you Would have never spend 2k+ to get him as chronium-Exclusive up to 7* like me.

I Never would have spend that money if i knew they will give him away for free and that easy...
  • QGJM
    318 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options

I didnt Said that! .
  • Varlie
    1286 posts Member
    Options
    I think it's a good call and I have spent a lot of money on this game. No character is going to remain exclusive forever, it is a surprise to see them making this change so early on but I applaud them for doing it.
  • Nonemo
    1656 posts Member
    Options
    I did spend $2K+ on this game. Only stopped once I started getting more useless shards (7*+) than useful from the Chromium packs. And you don't hear me crying.

Sorry about your buyer's remorse. Maybe this can be a valuable lesson to you. If you can't take losing it, don't spend it. If needed, there are good ways to put limits on how much you can spend in Appstore and Google Play. I know many get caught by the shiny stars and can't help spending. I may or may not be one of them.
  • QGJM
    318 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    . I don't need your lesson or your advice ... And how much i spend is my business, not yours. Btw no need to be passive aggressive :-) just sick to the topic.

--edited.

Quit calling out each other. PM each other or stay on-topic.
  • Nonemo
    1656 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    --edited.
  • QGJM
    318 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    --edited.
  • Nonemo
    1656 posts Member
    Options
    QGJM wrote: »
    Nonemo, I made my point clear and there are a lot of other whales or spenders who think the same... I don't care about your personal "attacks".

I'm actually trying to be thoughtful. You are stating that you have spent a frankly rather big sum ($2K+) and you didn't even check the most basic premises before spending it.

To me, that sends pretty dang powerful signals that maybe it's in your own best interests to avoid these kinds of games.

If this came across as an attack on your person, I sincerely apologize.
  • Options
    I'm a spender, probably sunk about £100 into the game and I love that he's free now. I can star him up and make him viable while saving my money for any character bundles they do.
    Agreed this makes spending moderate amounts much of viable since those 3* and 4* characters can now become usable in the future.
  • Options
    I find it odd that the strawman of most games do this keeps being carted out.

Most games dont do this. The top 20 Japanese mobile games never do this. Even the most f2p friendly ones require you to spend 1 year to grind for a premium character.

That said, this is accepted because they offer analogues that serve similar functions for the f2p.

Thoughtfulness require empathy.
  • QGJM
    318 posts Member
    Options
    I accept your apology. I spent the money on this game cause I can afford it and it was fun... But this change they made was really a slap into any spenders face.

With the current meta I used max 3. "Exclusive" chars (QGJ/Leia/Ben) the rest is trash. (Now Rey is better than Leia, so only Ben is left...- and that's just to less fun...)

• Options
    I accept your apology. I spent the money on this game cause I can afford it and it was fun... But this change they made was really a slap into any spenders face.

With the current meta I used max 3. "Exclusive" chars (QGJ/Leia/Ben) the rest is trash. (Now Rey is better than Leia, so only Ben is left...- and that's just to less fun...)

That's because you had unrealistic expectations for this game. No one told you that chromium only characters will stay exclusive. You imagined that. This is a game with tonnes of characters to be released due to the lore. They can't keep everyone exclusive. It will kill the game.
  • Findec
    121 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options

Most games dont do this. The top 20 Japanese mobile games never do this. Even the most f2p friendly ones require you to spend 1 year to grind for a premium character.

That said, this is accepted because they offer analogues that serve similar functions for the f2p.

I have no idea about these obscure japanese games but the most successful free to play games like LoL or Hearthstone just outright don't have premium only content.

Edit: By the way that is not even close to what a strawman argument is.
  • QGJM
    318 posts Member
    Options
    I don't have unrealistic expectations. To make this special char (one of the top 2 exclusives) from "exclusive" and obtainable with like 1-2k+$ spendings to obtainable in 1-2 month for free is just a kick in the ***. They could have made him farmable like in hard fights as Rey or Doku and no one would have complained but they prefered to throw him out like a stormtrooper... And there are so many other "exclusive" char they could have chosen, with nobody complaining but QGJ? That's ridiculous.

they made the worst possible choice for people how really spent to get him (to 6 or 7*)

I hardly see any other way to get rid of your best customers now AND for the future.
  • Options
    Findec wrote: »

I have no idea about these obscure japanese games but the most successful free to play games like LoL or Hearthstone just outright don't have premium only content.

Hardly obscure. You can easily look it up. Japanese mobile games make more money per capita more than American made ones. And many last more than a year or two.

Fair point. Not a strawman. False premise then.
  • Findec
    121 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options

Hardly obscure. You can easily look it up. Japanese mobile games make more money per capita more than American made ones. And many last more than a year or two.

Fair point. Not a strawman. False premise then.

I went to check if that's true and I found this link. Which seems to suggest otherwise. Perhaps I am missing something?

They really don't make hyperlinks clear on this site.
  • Options
    You may want to read your own data again. The first list is by download. The second is by revenue.
    Your list proves my point.
  • Options

How is it a slap in us spender's face that we get to have exclusive use of certain characters for months at a time giving advantage over f2p and will continue to get new characters months ahead of f2p at our advantage as they trickle older chars out of exclusivity?

Stop whining, it is very unbecoming.
  • Options
    You may want to read your own data again. The first list is by download. The second is by revenue.

That japanese mobile games generally make more money? No they are about even. The highest revenue companies are western and half of the highest revenue games are western.

In fact if you account for Iphone (Here) clash of clans takes the top spot.
  • CronozNL
    2869 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    edit: I don't wanna reply no more. This is getting derailed :P
    439-259-888 I have a bad habit of editing my typo's after posting
  • Velvethunder
    203 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options

That japanese mobile games generally make more money? No they are about even. The highest revenue companies are western and half of the highest revenue games are western.

In fact if you account for Iphone (Here) clash of clans takes the top spot.

Read my quote again. Highest earner per capita.
    The Japanese are making about as even with less people to sell to overall.
    It is telling of many factors, including player spending retention.

Go read this article. Might enlighten you about the statistic you are misreading:
    http://en.rocketnews24.com/2015/11/17/why-do-japanese-gamers-spend-so-much-more-money-on-mobile-games-than-anyone-else/

P.s. Citing clash of clans don't help your case, since it's geared towards pay to win. You only prove my point that games thrive when they pay attention to their spenders. Notice how EA is not making as much money, even with that many games.
  • Barrok
    1754 posts Member
    Options
    I think this shows spenders how chromium exclusives will be handled. I think it's good to know this now, early in the game, then have them do this 2 years from now.

As for my dollars, I will continue to avoid packs and just spend money on refreshes. Can at least control what I get that way.
  • QGJM
    318 posts Member
    Options
    Barrok wrote: »
    I think this shows spenders how chromium exclusives will be handled. I think it's good to know this now, early in the game, then have them do this 2 years from now.

As for my dollars, I will continue to avoid packs and just spend money on refreshes. Can at least control what I get that way.

+1. I will never buy any chromium again
  • Options
    To my recollection there was never a promise that chromium-only characters would stay that way. In fact, there has always been speculation on the forums not on if they would be released to f2p players but how and when they would be released. This wasn't a change of policy out of the blue, it is the natural evolution of the game.
  • Options
    There's too much crying on this forum. Considering the demographic I am embarrassed for my generation. (Can only hope all of this whining is coming from the under 30 entitled every body gets an award crowd)
  • QGJM
    318 posts Member
    Options
    this is no crying, just showing how they treat people who spend money for this game.